• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Man I'm about to give up on this and sell it and then buy it again when it's like 15 bucks. Playing this back to back with Bloodborne I just want to play Bloodborne again and do a second run through of old huntets. I'm up to the catacombs and I'm just not enjoying myself that much. Everywhere I go I feel like there's Gangs of annoying enemies (little annoying dudes with swords).
Cathedral of the deep
has probably been my favorite area so far but I really didn't enjoy the enemies there at all and I feel like this game is just going through the motions. Now I'm halfway through the catacombs and honestly I feel like I'm in the chalice dungeons but those were almost as fun.

Maybe I'm missing something but up to this point this is my last on my souls list. Should I press on or just sell and play in a few months time?

It'd quit. If it's not up your alley, it's not up your alley. Sell it now, while it's still worth something.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Invaders that run and hide behind elite mobs should be slapped silly. Especially those that run away when you kill said mob.

I have no intention of taking both you and a elite mob on at the same time if I can avoid it, guess I'll just go to the bonfire and sit down and wait

kagamin

Invaders that run and hide behind elite mobs should be slapped silly.

I have no intention of taking both you and a elite mob on at the same time if I can avoid it, guess I'll just go to the bonfire and sit down and wait

I agree with this sentiment, if you're standing alone not near any enemies, invaders should have no qualms about fighting you straight up, its just silly.

JDB

Banned
Nope, no ripostes allowed, sorry mate. :p
But if you hit him enough he gets staggered and kneels down for a couple of second which means you can do a special attack when it happens to other bosses. Surely it's possible? I'm talking about parrying or anything.

DSmalls84

For pure Strength is there anything better than the Butcher's Knife? It seems like it has a really good combination of damage, reach and move set with a reasonable weight. I haven't found a weapon I like better yet.

kagamin

But if you hit him enough he gets staggered and kneels down for a couple of second which means you can do a special attack when it happens to other bosses. Surely it's possible? I'm talking about parrying or anything.

Nope, sorry, you can't, I've tested it and checked online as well. It doesn't work, even if you parry.

LiK

For pure Strength is there anything better than the Butcher's Knife? It seems like it has a really good combination of damage, reach and move set with a reasonable weight. I haven't found a weapon I like better yet.

you'll find plenty of other weapons that do much more damage but Butcher Knife's fast speed and skill ability are pretty good tho.

ironcreed

Banned

That is what I settled on. Got it to +10 with my strength at 40 and was a beast. The strength with that speed? Can't be beat. At least for me.

ISee

Man I'm about to give up on this and sell it and then buy it again when it's like 15 bucks. Playing this back to back with Bloodborne I just want to play Bloodborne again and do a second run through of old huntets. I'm up to the catacombs and I'm just not enjoying myself that much. Everywhere I go I feel like there's Gangs of annoying enemies (little annoying dudes with swords).
Cathedral of the deep
has probably been my favorite area so far but I really didn't enjoy the enemies there at all and I feel like this game is just going through the motions. Now I'm halfway through the catacombs and honestly I feel like I'm in the chalice dungeons but those were almost as fun.

Maybe I'm missing something but up to this point this is my last on my souls list. Should I press on or just sell and play in a few months time?

I understand where you're coming from and it's hard to make a recommendation. There are some good levels/locations especially later on but also some bad ones. But if you really don't enjoy the game so far, quit it and do/play something else. Gaming is just a hobby.

CHC

Fume Ultra Greatsword has tremendous scaling and damage but yeah it's enormous and hilariously heavy. Still, it's undoubtedly one of THE Strength weapons to try.

Also now thanks to the Heavy infusion a number of other weapons can me made viable for strength.

LiK

Fume Ultra Greatsword has tremendous scaling and damage but yeah it's enormous and hilariously heavy. Still, it's undoubtedly one of THE Strength weapons to try.

Also now thanks to the Heavy infusion a number of other weapons can me made viable for strength.

i got that last night and it looks RIDICULOUS

Cathedral of the deep

i hear ya! :) ...

game's all over the place. some areas feel sooo much better designed (layout/enemies) than others. strange, possibly 'too big for it's own good' game, & i can't blame anyone for losing interest. the catacombs wore me down, too - there's a helluva lot of 'just plain ugly' in ds3, including firelink itself! :) ...

I keep wanting to try bigger swords but I cannot stand how slow they hit. I always go right back to a straight sword or something along those lines.

DSmalls84

Yeah I was going to upgrade this as well and try it. I just need to get more Vitality and Strength first. Right now the sword puts me 5% over the fast roll limit.

Is there a lore related explanation why I have to go to Firelink shrine bonfire specifically to burn my undead bone shards?

There doesn't seem to be anything special about that bonfire other than that I placed the sword in it at the beginning.

Citadel

So as SL58, I just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
. I had a lot of help from my phantom friends, so I'm not really sure if i'm OP for these enmies or not because of my level. Also seeing Irithyll of the Boreal Valley for the first time... My goodness, that view. Gorgeous environment. It's a shame that it doesn't feel as... open as others.

Anyways, I have a question about
Anri of Asora's
questline.

So long story short, I had killed
Pontiff Sulyvahn
and went to look at
Anri's
questline on the wiki. I backtrack to the
Smouldering Lake
and find a mad
Horace
in that cave, then met
Anri
and told her what had happened near the old swaying bridge.

I then met her at the Church of
Yorshka
and spoke with her there, then also spoke with her at Firelink where she gave me a gesture and a sword.

Now I'm a little lost. Also since I had already killed
Sulyvahn
, did I screw anything up with her quest or is that only with
Aldrich
, who I haven't killed yet.

Thanks all.

myco666

fucking hell, Fume requires 50 STR *cries*

Like you were going to put any points into anything else in the first place. My favorite requirements are with Morne's Great Hammer 50 Str and 30 Faith. Have fun having no points in anywhere else.

zethren

Banned
I agree with this sentiment, if you're standing alone not near any enemies, invaders should have no qualms about fighting you straight up, its just silly.

Under these circumstances, I simply quit the game and kick them. I don't like invaders, but I will typically stand and fight them. But if they try to pull cheese tactics I'm not giving that to them.

Footos22

So as SL58, I just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
. I had a lot of help from my phantom friends, so I'm not really sure if i'm OP for these enmies or not because of my level. Also seeing Irithyll of the Boreal Valley for the first time... My goodness, that view. Gorgeous environment. It's a shame that it doesn't feel as... open as others.

Anyways, I have a question about
Anri of Asora's
questline.

So long story short, I had killed
Pontiff Sulyvahn
and went to look at
Anri's
questline on the wiki. I backtrack to the
Smouldering Lake
and find a mad
Horace
in that cave, then met
Anri
and told her what had happened near the old swaying bridge.

I then met her at the Church of
Yorshka
and spoke with her there, then also spoke with her at Firelink where she gave me a gesture and a sword.

Now I'm a little lost. Also since I had already killed
Sulyvahn
, did I screw anything up with her quest or is that only with
Aldrich
, who I haven't killed yet.

Thanks all.

If your going for the secret ending you messed up by telling her what happened.

ISee

Tbh I really love the executioner's greatsword. I love the look, the speed, the reach and the moveset. It also gets B strength scaling later on and it refills mana after each kill (not much but still). I tend to buff it with fire (pyromancy), then kill stuff and get some fp back while doing so...
But it's probably the worst strength weapon out there and I'm the only one crawling through the game with it.

weapon said:
executergreatsword19b04.jpg

Steel

Banned
Invaders that run and hide behind elite mobs should be slapped silly. Especially those that run away when you kill said mob.

If you have summons with you, the guy needs the help. Gotta deal with Gank Squads.

On the other hand, if you don't have summons and the guy is doing that... Yeah, that's a cowardly ass.

Hey Wask, thanks for the link. I'm aware of the fix, but I've had a busy week and I'm not sure I trust playing online with the .exe altered so I think I'll save the fix for my NG+ playthrough or if I roll a new character.

I can't wait to see it though. I freaking love this monitor!
Fwiw I've been doing tons of PvP and co-op PvE this week with the 21:9 fix and haven't had any problems, though indeed it is def better to be safe than sorry. But man... DS3 in 21:9 is absolutely glorious

ISee

my STR is currently 32. is trhat doable?

Minimum str is 50 afaik. Two handing a weapon should give you around +50% strength bonus (not sure about this!). So you'd need at least 34 str to be able to two hand it... I guess.

Citadel

If your going for the secret ending you messed up by telling her what happened.

Ah, damn. I hadn't looked into the endings too much, as to not spoil anything, but I wanted to make sure to finish her (and a few other NPC) questline and make sure they don't die. I dun goof'd?

Dahbomb

Yeah I tried it myself a lot and you can't critical attack/visceral him.

Just charge up an R2 attack or a weapon art move to hit him with during this time.

Raphael

Anyone got any tips for
the two dog creatures behind the illusory wall in Anor Lando?

Eh, just arrow agro one. They were a pain even 1 by 1 for me, died several times to them. Not sure if anyone managed to take two at once. I was fighting in that place near the ladder with the first one and that didn't agro the second one. They don't respawn.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't think I'm that good at the game yet, but I have this desire now to go for a paired weapon build (haven't decided exactly which one, yet) and try to be shieldless as much as I can.

SkylineRKR

Minimum str is 50 afaik. Two handing a weapon should give you around +50% strength bonus (not sure about this!). So you'd need at least 34 str to be able to two hand it... I guess.

Wouldn't it just be 25 to 2h it? Didn't try the sword yet, mostly use BK GS.

DSmalls84

What does a stat distribution look like for a build that uses FUG? I know 50 Strength is the requirement but how much vitality is needed to keep your equip load reasonable.

Kweh

What is considered the best spear for a DEX build? I'm using a Sharp Lothric Spear currently, and its been pretty good but if there are better spears I can get I'll hold off upgrading it.

MrHoot

Probably wait for DLC but really tempted to do like a big STR only build (like getting to 50 or 60) in addition to my dax fast weapon build. What's the earliest big heavy weapon you can get in the game that scales nicely with STR ?
I'm guessing Vordt although the fact that it's a boss weapon makes it hard to upgrade from the get go

Anyone have any useful tips for the
Nameless King
, it seems hit or miss to dodge attacks in his first phase. Is it possible to summon friends for the fight? I see summon signs but they never work, the one guy I managed to summon by the bonfire left when I went to go into the fog door. I am using the Spirit Tree shield, and a +10 weapon.

Raphael

So... any top tier armor sets for Dex users with no vitality?

Armor does not seem to matter much. I tried several times to switch armor when I had difficulties with bosses and they do so much damage either way that I just stick to fashion souls.

On one hand I hate it, but on the other hand I don't have any regrets rocking that sexy drang armor with thief mask. Well switched it just now, but I'm two areas away from the end.

Frillen

The Dark Sword. Using that weapon with a strength build and using a heavy gem after you reach level 40, will turn the game into easy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom