• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisoner

Got a question guys/gals:

Do the covenants have levels in this game? Curious since I'm working on getting the platinum at some point in this game, but I remember in DS1 and 2 you needed to level up covenants to get certain spells or miracles. Is that the case in this game?

yes, indeed

Sullichin

So I found the Dreamchaser's Ash and gave it to the Shrinemaid. She asked me where I found it. What should I do?

I told her where, she laughed at me and said it's some woeful ash. She loved the shit-covered ash I gave to her though. Weird.

Pretty sure she still started selling new items even after she said the ash was ass

Sande

Can I get some rings on one character and the rest on another for the trophy/achievement? It looks like I've pretty much made the W
atchdog
covenant ring impossible by leveling up too much.

_Legacy_

What weapons are high level pyromancers using? I've currently got a max level chaos infused dark sword. My key stats are the following: Int - 38, Faith - 35, Str - 30, Dex - 26. I'm looking to try something other than dark sword (and still do high damage), I have all the mats I need to make take any weapon to max.

Sullichin

What weapons are high level pyromancers using? I've currently got a max level chaos infused dark sword. My key stats are the following: Int - 38, Faith - 35, Str - 30, Dex - 26. I'm looking to try something other than dark sword (and still do high damage), I have all the mats I need to make take any weapon to max.

Curious what level is your character?

I'm using the thrall axe on my pyro :p Didn't want to spend points on str/dex. It's actually pretty fast and nice.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
GAF i fucked up and sold my Shield of Want last night. Can i buy it back from her? I am not home and cant check myself.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
guess they didn't do the DkS2 style NG+. loved the new phantom enemies and slight changes to some boss encounters.
Yeah I'm disappointed this isn't back.

I've got a question about Archdragon Peak and how to get there.
So you need to use the Path of the Dragon gesture next to the petrified dragon statue to be transported to Archdragon peak. I was watching a twitch stream and that's what helped me figure out how to get to Archdragon Peak.
So if someone's playing the game blind. How does a player figure out to do this on their own?
Here's how I found it:
a player message lol. Something like "try gesture and then hidden path!" and I saw a sitting gesture. So I tried Rest and Sleep but nothing. I noticed the gesture attached to the message seemed a bit different, like meditating rather, so I gave up and decided to come back later. When I found the proper gesture I just went back there and it worked.

Not sure I'd have found it without the player message, though.

I used every sitting gesture for like a minute since I thought it would be like a certain event in Bloodborne.
LOL I did the same thing, dammit.

Things I officially miss from Dark Souls 2:
-Dedicated PVP arenas
-Hard Mode Covenant
-Being able to put down your sign or use your red eyes/blue eyes outside a safe area (eg boss room) then walk into the safe area without it getting canceled
-1v1 PVP covenant (Dragon Bros)
-Heavy Armor being useful
-Being able to cancel your attacks before the animation finishes
Really miss most of those too. Especially the dragon covenant and arena. Come on From...

Doing a bit of co-op and the host summoned another phantom called "GITGUD" who died about 5 seconds into the boss fight.

Looks like someone needs to follow their own advice.
LOL

FtHTiny

Farming Proof of concord kept is the worst thing ever in all of the souls games.
I never get summoned, farmed 2 hours and 1.2 million souls and only got 3 drops...
This is some grade A BS.

LiK

Farming Proof of concord kept is the worst thing ever in all of the souls games.
I never get summoned, farmed 2 hours and 1.2 million souls and only got 3 drops...
This is some grade A BS.

Heard its this version's Pure Bladestone.

dlauv

I hate to beg but after three hours and only getting 2 Concord Keep tokens at 449/499 item discovery (rapier, symbol, coin, luck 99), if anyone is twink-farming them and could spare any, shoot me a PM.

Edit: I read that the original Japanese version didn't have item drop rates this rough, but it was patched to make PvP thrive. I heard on PS4 you could delete the patch. I'm on PC tho.

Sande

This is some grade A BS.
This is where I'm at. Are you overleveled (I'm like 146) or is getting summoned hopeless even at lower levels?

MilkBeard

Seems like we're not having the same experience at all regarding invasions in DS3.

I'm not saying Dark Souls 2 was perfect by any mean. Blue sentinels were barely working there too, but at least you could be proactive and choose to invade guilty players, which didn't work too well because the red eye orb wasn't available in NG. The Ratbros were a nice idea that was squandered by being relegated to optional areas that didn't see a lot of traffic. At least the bellbros were working fine.

What I mean is that I expected Dark Souls 3 to build upon these ideas, and in my opinion it really did not.

edit: also remembered gravelording in DS1. Another neat idea that went nowhere.

Yeah, a lot of the extra covenants were done away with; DS3 is a little bit more simplified experience. It's hard to say how it will go, From will definitely patch the game and change some things in the coming months. Weapons get nerfed, some get boosted, etc. And DLC will probably bring a 'battle arena,' although I don't feel like having one is essential to the experience.

I use medium/light weapons and I don't really feel like I have an advantage over heavy weapon users. There were a few people I bested easily but it felt like they were still getting used to them and spamming the same risky attacks over and over again. I haven't used any myself yet, but I've found them to be equally as challenging to fight as light weapon users.

The mid range though, seem to be the hardest, the ones that use straight swords and the like. Wide range, and I usually get stunlocked constantly. If there are two people with them then it's over, lol.

Should I use the crystal sage's rapier to help me farm for the dark sword since my luck is only at 7? I'm not sure if it's worth it or if the crystal hail would be more beneficial should I decide to respec at some point. I think it increases item discovery by 50, but I don't know if that really helps or not.

dlauv

Should I use the crystal sage's rapier to help me farm for the dark sword since my luck is only at 7? I'm not sure if it's worth it or if the crystal hail would be more beneficial should I decide to respec at some point. I think it increases item discovery by 50, but I don't know if that really helps or not.

It could help, but you'd likely get it within a few reps anyway.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's really stupid how it's probably the only thing holding a lot of people back from getting a platinum.
*shrugs* People who farmed for hours for the pure bladestone or the channeler's trident just for a trophy are weird to me, and they deserve the misery and boredom they purposefully inflict upon themselves. :p

MilkBeard

This is some grade A BS.

Again, I've given lots of proof in this thread that there are areas where you can get summoned easily. Just use your head. You have to determine, depending on your level and weapon upgrades, where the bulk of players will be that will need it.

During my playtime around level 70-100, I would get summoned every couple of minutes in the
Archdragon Peak, Lothric Castle, and Grand Archives
. I've already maxed the covenant in a few hours. I'd even sometimes get several covenant drops in one summon because of the multiple invaders. I would recommend going to those areas if you are of a high level.

joesmokey

I'm still using the Broadsword :). I think it works pretty well. I like applying weapon buffs and I haven't found a compelling reason to switch to any other straight sword.

MrHoot

It's really weird that covenants is an area they had so much trouble with when it was almost done super well in the first dark souls. But for somehow they keep reinventing in each subsequent game and forgetting the parts that people enjoy...while they just could've straight up kept the covenant system from dark souls 1. Bloodborne was the most jarring of all and yeah, Souls 3 really had some oddities. At least I can duel all I want outside of the Pontiff Club House.

I'm warming up to the game a bit more mechanically. Some stuff still irk me like enemy design vs slow weapons and the change to heavy armor but I do like that the game encourages that you change strategies a lot on one same character.

Just listened to a certain LP and they said something that made me giggle. If they wanna reference they should've gone full in and get Michael Wilson from Metal Wolf Chaos as a lord of cinder

Rocketz

Finally I was actually able to summon someone and I beat N
ameless
K
ing
. All the bosses have been defeated. I just could not beat him myself. With someone else it was pretty easy.

As someone who has 100%'ed all of the Souls games and plans to again - I'm not looking forward to that farming grind, sounds horrible. >_<

In other news,
I just met Yorshka and told her no I can't fly, she felt silly for even asking, now I feel bad! ;( *hugs Company Captain Yorshka*

Sullichin

*shrugs* People who farmed for hours for the pure bladestone or the channeler's trident just for a trophy are weird to me, and they deserve the misery and boredom they purposefully inflict upon themselves. :p

Same. Much rather play the game than farm for stuff I won't use
I eventually got the platinum in Demon's and DS1, but in Demons the main reason I got the pure bladestone is because I actually wanted to max a dex weapon

Gvitor

Just defeated D
eacons of the deep
and A
byss Watchers.
In the second one I ended the fight with a backstab. So gud.

_Legacy_

Why oh why did I decide to get the
lightning storm miracle
over
dragonslayer swordspear
? So silly, the weapon looks quite fun to use.

Floody

so when does G
reirat
return, after you send him out
for a second time
? Just beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
, did me screwing up talking to O
nion
B
ro
in the kitchen mess up G
reirat
quest too?

Ferr986

Again, I've given lots of proof in this thread that there are areas where you can get summoned easily. Just use your head. You have to determine, depending on your level and weapon upgrades, where the bulk of players will be that will need it.

During my playtime around level 70-100, I would get summoned every couple of minutes in the
Archdragon Peak, Lothric Castle, and Grand Archives
. I've already maxed the covenant in a few hours. I'd even sometimes get several covenant drops in one summon because of the multiple invaders. I would recommend going to those areas if you are of a high level.

The area you are doesn't mean anything as a Bluebro. You can be in one area and get summoned in another.

Wow, talk about difficult, that area
with the 2 crocodile guys.
How the heck am I supposed to do that! XD

I was able to cheese them by pulling one at a time with a bow and using plunge attacks from the ladder repeatedly
. The reward is definitely worth putting up with taking them on.

Brakke

Banned
so when does G
reirat
for a second time
? Just beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
nion
B
ro
in the kitchen mess up G
reirat
quest too?

He's gone. RIP.

so when does G
reirat
for a second time
? Just beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
nion
B
ro
in the kitchen mess up G
reirat
quest too?

He should be back if you sent him before killing
Sulyvahn
if
Siegward
was still in the kitchen. If you entered the
Irithyll Dungeon
Siegward
would have moved to his next location though and not been there anymore. Go check that water area under the kitchen with all the spider woman for his ashes.

Floody

He's gone. RIP.

He should be back if you sent him before killing
Sulyvahn
if
Siegward
was still in the kitchen. If you entered the
Irithyll Dungeon
Siegward
would have moved to his next location though and not been there anymore. Go check that water area under the kitchen with all the spider woman for his ashes.

I found his body :(
Damn they made that so easy to screw up. Just going to a bonfire a minute or two away.

Thanks for the replies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom