• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIRL0

Neo Member
almost done with my first play through.. gearing up for NG+.. just wondering what are the best swords for strength build i have saved many stones to upgrade a good sword for strength build for my NG+... any tips ?

almost done with my first play through.. gearing up for NG+.. just wondering what are the best swords for strength build i have saved many stones to upgrade a good sword for strength build for my NG+... any tips ?
I have dark sword +10 with heavy gem. Seems good but havent gone to NG yet though I did finish the game just want to go through and get all slabs , flasks etc

Err...not sure how you've managed to miss every single NPC encounter but apparently you did. I think this is the game with the most people out in the game world From has made.

I've met a couple in the early game. Saved all the vendors even. But as far as other warriors with ongoing storylines, I haven't met or reunited with them in a long long long time.

dealer-

I got to the point where I was questioning my own existence!

I always messed up a couple of rolls until I found it much easier after learning to roll twice. For example, whenever I saw him preparing for a lunge, I would roll when he started, waited one sec then rolled again, might make no sense but it worked for me with the timings.

Thanks will try it out. Gave up for tonight, will come back fresh tomorrow. He's the only boss I've got left. I loved
Archdragon Peak
though, I could get behind a Souls game with blue skies all the way through.

Sullichin

Are there any implications for giving the Braille tomes to Irina?

I just want to be able to buy all of the spells, I don't really care about endings which I probably already messed up.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm not super bothered by it (though now I don't get to figure it out myself), but people in this thread are spoilering boss names and you two talk explicitly about how to access secret areas. Give it a few weeks eh, these games only come around so often.

Lots of in-game messages on the area spoil how to do it so eh.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Are there any implications for giving the Braille tomes to Irina?

I just want to be able to buy all of the spells, I don't really care about endings which I probably already messed up.

If you give her the dark tomes, and buy a dark miracle she goes insane and stops selling anything. If you don't buy them, after she has all of the good tomes and you bought them all, she becomes a fire keeper and you can get the dark tomes back. Karla can sell them without leaving the game.

Beat
Abyss Watchers
solo my first try. It was a close one but still... expected harder for one of the big 4.

Also the catacombs feel like a slightly more policed chalice dungeon.

Sullichin

If you give her the dark tomes, and buy a dark miracle she goes insane and stops selling anything. If you don't buy them, after she has all of the good tomes and you bought them all, she becomes a fire keeper and you can get the dark tomes back. Karla can sell them without leaving the game.

Thanks!

MUnited83

For you.
I gave her the dark tomes but I didn't ever buy dark miracles. She dissapeared completely and it isn't on the she is supposed to be :(

Foffy

Banned
Serious question: does From actually have a quota where optional bosses have to have the enemy being the camera, to make it the biggest threat to you? I am seeing this with
The Nameless King.

On paper this is badass. In practice, this is ass.
All of my deaths in the first phase have been exclusively due to camera issues. One of the worst fights in the game for this reason, because this is artificial problems on top of what appears to be a pretty decent boss.

I want to know
what the point of her becoming a firekeeper is. No new dialog from her about it, and the only option from her is to level up
. Story stuff I guess.

Ferr986

Not true, I don't think. Besides, if you never try, then you'll never know.

Of course its true. I got summoned as a blue being in Farron to Undead Settlement.

And I tried on areas with lots of activity, and especially early on when people tend to use WoW more.

Dark sword is one of the best for almost any build, for strength put a heavy gem in it. Fume Ultra Greatsword is also good, but heavy and quite slow

TitusTroy

can someone explain the Dark Sigil...I don't understand it...I just finished the game for the first time and looked at a walkthrough to see what I missed...the Dark Sigil is confusing...what exactly is it and what does it do?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
What is the name of the spinning-on-the-ground sword?

That and the estoc are proving really, really annoying to fight against at SL 35 or so.

I gave her the dark tomes but I didn't ever buy dark miracles. She dissapeared completely and it isn't on the she is supposed to be :(

Did you
giver her all the good tomes and buy all the miracles from her? If so she has moved to another place. If you have bought any of the "bad" ones from her, go check the little arena where the first boss fight was.

MilkBeard

Of course its true. I got summoned as a blue being in Farron to Undead Settlement.

And I tried on areas with lots of activity, and especially early on when people tend to use WoW more.
You still can get summoned anywhere but I think there is a priority for the area you are in.

Either that, or the people complaining it isn't working aren't really trying more than a few minutes or they are standing in boss rooms.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
All of my deaths in the first phase have been exclusively due to camera issues. One of the worst fights in the game for this reason, because this is artificial problems on top of what appears to be a pretty decent boss.

Stop relying on lock on...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
JebaćBiedę;201669910 said:
Irythill Valley
was a fantastic location. Everything about it was so perfect. Can this game even get any better?

Level design and atmosphere keeps that level of quality from there on out. No more catacombs.

Spruchy

Is the Dark Sword considered broken right now? Downed 2 mid-late bosses with ease opposed to the few prior with my great sword...weighs so much less too.

MilkBeard

Is the Dark Sword considered broken right now? Downed 2 mid-late bosses with ease opposed to the few prior with my great sword...weighs so much less too.
I'm surprised I haven't seen it all that much in PvP with all the talk about how OP it is, to be honest. I wonder how it would do in a fight.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That area after the Pontiff LMAO

I was wondering when the game was gonna ramp up the challenge. Welp.

Ferr986

You still can get summoned anywhere but I think there is a priority for the area you are in.

Either that, or the people complaining it isn't working aren't really trying more than a few minutes or they are standing in boss rooms.

Well, I just can talk about my experience. I left my character today for two hours at Farron (a place with lots of invasions because reds and Wolfs) and I didn't get summoned once. Llvl 30ish +3wep, so in range.

Trust me I really tried to get summoned. I was a Blue in 2 too, and it was also hard to be summoned, but even at release it was a lil easier than here.

Menome

Does the Dark Clutch Ring boost the damage output of Deep/Dark-infused weapons, or is it only spells & miracles that it affects?

My character is finally starting to shape up. Got a Hollowed curved sword with bleed in my left hand, and a Hollowed Washing Pole in my right hand (Uchigatana will not be missed). I also upgraded that one straight sword that scales with Luck to +4 which is really good for PVE as well.

Also, (major spoilers for later game locations)
They pulled an MGS4 with Anor Londo, but I wonder how many people have noticed that Ithryll Dungeon and Profaned Capital were basically Tower of Latria and Shrine of Storms, with a little Valley of Defilement thrown in for good measure?

Sullichin

Does the Dark Clutch Ring boost the damage output of Deep/Dark-infused weapons, or is it only spells & miracles that it affects?

I know that fire clutch ring affects fire and chaos infused weapons, so I assume the same logic would apply for the dark clutch ring.

Arjen

Serious question: does From actually have a quota where optional bosses have to have the enemy being the camera, to make it the biggest threat to you? I am seeing this with
The Nameless King.

Yep it's fucking horrible.
The way I dealt with it, keep distance and only attack when he does his fire spew thing on the ground, tedious, but it works.

Korosenai

One trophy requires you to get 5 "free" levels. If you do this questline in NG+ after reaching a certain level, well, that means you need to go over the level you had (in his case he wanted to stop at level 100 but for the trophy will have to go to 105).

Of course I don't know why he doesn't just create a new character... :p

Theres a gesture and a couple rings tied to me doing this that I can't get unless I get the 5 free levels.

K' Dash

In the beginning you would see people with the Uchigatana almost exclusively, now I only see Dark Swords.

NEO0MJ

Just beat
Champion Gundyr
. Personally I think this was one of the better fights in the game yet. Boss used a really good moveset. Only problem is
Cosplaying him seems way too difficult right now. I'd barely get away with fat rolling right now.

Sullichin

Lol, just broke
Pontiff Sulyvan
out of his air stomp attack with a chaos fireball. He just dropped to the ground in the middle of the attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom