• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about end game...
Okay, I have 8 dark sigils, but I just got the fire keeper eyes, do I still give them to her or what? Thanks.

MilkBeard

Well, I just can talk about my experience. I left my character today for two hours at Farron (a place with lots of invasions because reds and Wolfs) and I didn't get summoned once. Llvl 30ish +3wep, so in range.

Trust me I really tried to get summoned. I was a Blue in 2 too, and it was also hard to be summoned, but even at release it was a lil easier than here.
I never tried it at early game, but late game is definitely better in my experience. As long as there aren't connection problems, I can get summoned in those areas I listed usually within 5 minutes of each other.

In DS2 there were similar complaints because you couldn't even invade until much later in the game. I never tried it much aftr a few months, though.

Using it in places where there are invading covenants seems to slow it down. Experiment standing near different bonfires and see what happens. You might just have to wait until late game when people are more curious to try all the different covenants. Come for the pve, stay for the PvP as they say.

Ferr986

I never tried it at early game, but late game is definitely better in my experience. As long as there aren't connection problems, I can get summoned in those areas I listed usually within 5 minutes of each other.

In DS2 there were similar complaints because you couldn't even invade until much later in the game. I never tried it much aftr a few months, though.

Using it in places where there are invading covenants seems to slow it down. Experiment standing near different bonfires and see what happens. You might just have to wait until late game when people are more curious to try all the different covenants. Come for the pve, stay for the PvP as they say.

I'm actually leveling this char a bit more, yeah. Was gonna keep it at low level, because I figured more people would run with the Way of White covenant, but it's not working. So I'll move to around 60 and I
rithyll
and see how it goes.

Btw, I have a lvl 90 character and he also doesn't have much luck, although it's true I didn't try it for that long. I was more interested on making this new char a blue.

Zocano

Is this a "git gud" remark to move away from the fact the camera system is bad for some boss fights?

Think of lock-on like training wheels. It's not necessary to engage in combat and is usually detrimental when fighting over-sized enemies.

edit: And although you might want to read it as an excuse for the camera (it's not), you are indeed making it harder on yourself if you keep trying to lock on.

How many slabs per run? I have two now, one from a drop and the other from a shop.

I believe the total is
____7____

lol
Lorian

latest

"RESURRECTION"

Like this game wasn't cheap enough.

Wow every summon to fight
yhorm, the host doesn't know what to do and try to melee yhorm to death or just sit there watching me kill yhorm.

ryan13ts

Anyone up for co-op'ng
Archdragon Peak
with me (X1 version). My gamertag is HTC00

Always fun to slay monsters and chat with GAF'ers at the same time.

MilkBeard

8, although one of them is tied to a side quest and another you need to trade an item you can only get once per playthrough

Yeah, I've found at least 3-4 in my playthrough so far. They are definitely more plentiful than Bloodborne's final maxing item. Curious where the other 3-4 are though. Will have to check some wikis later.

MilkBeard

How do I use a bow and arrow? :/. Have the bow equipped with arrows and can't use it! Wtf is going on....

Certain bows can use certain types of arrows. If you have a crossbow, it can only use bolts. If you have a regular bow, it can use a range of normal arrows. There are a couple of special bows that can only use certain types of arrows. Check the description to see what it says. Also: double hand the bow.

Okay I think I'm done for the evening after what just happened. And I mean that in the best way possible. This isn't news for most of you as it's been out for weeks and I'm still making my way through (I take my time and try and take in everything).

But that Wyvern boss. That fucking Wyvern boss. It lands, I'm like fuck this I don't have it in me, so I'm running around like a fool and find... a building? With enemies? Huh? I'm still in a state of panic so I run in to see just why the hell this stuff is even there during a boss fight. I make my way up, nearly dying several times along the way. I spot an item at the far end of a wooden catwalk, fuck it I'll get it because why not. At this point I'm thinking it's time to look at a guide or summon help or something because I'm super overwhelmed by this point. So I make a mad dash toward this platform directly above the dragon's head and take a suicide bomber plunge down at it.

And... oh my. Oh my god. That was just fucking amazing. It's shit like this that separates these games, for me, apart from everything else. What an incredible, shocking, ultimately satisfying experience. Just, after that, I'm too wound up to keep playing. Gonna play some Star Fox or something. Holy shit.

Certain bows can use certain types of arrows. If you have a crossbow, it can only use bolts. If you have a regular bow, it can use a range of normal arrows. There are a couple of special bows that can only use certain types of arrows. Check the description to see what it says. Also: double hand the bow.

Right. I made a thief class. Have a bow with arrows. Should be able to use them at the beginning of the game.

Heysoos

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why am I suddenly being greeted by an illegal game data message? What the hell? I haven't altered shit in any single way.

iddqd

BAM
roughly 40? hours and I'm done with the game, all bosses beat.

Had a good time but the last bits were a bit boring honestly. Had no clue where to put points and I was content with my weapon. So the upgrade carrot was not working, Enemies were only tough when they were able to gank.

Great game, wish the Online would have worked for me.

Skii

Man I just faced the A
byss Watchers

Great fight! Only died twice. I dunno if that's good but the boss itself was pretty difficult considering it had two phases. I did get some help from that one
Abyss Watcher
who helped me deal with the initial part.

The soul looks like it'll give me a decent strength special weapon but I need to grind 10k souls to try it out.

I also traded in the
stray demon's soul in for Havel's ring
. Should hopefully have a better roll with my knight's armour.

I'm regretting getting those free levels from Yoel. I definitely feel like I'm getting the bad ending. It's costing me more and more to get rid of the dark sigil. Like 38k lol. I haven't got that type of souls!

Also, does anyone know if item discovery increases the longer you play in a level without hitting a bonfire? I was walking around with 20k souls and managed to get a double drop on the
Black Knight
in Road of Sacrifices (although it was just guantlet and leggings) as well as a few pieces from the
Darkwraiths
prowling in front of the boss room.

Really enjoying DS3 atm :D

J-Skee

Okay, why does Y
horm the
G
iant
take so little damage? There has to be something else to this fight, right?

The
consumed King
was an awesome boss fight, damn. Felt straight out of Bloodborne. The area itself sucked tho haha, basically just encourages you to run through the whole thing. At least it was small.

Hugstable

Banned
Man I just faced the A
byss Watchers

Great fight! Only died twice. I dunno if that's good but the boss itself was pretty difficult considering it had two phases. I did get some help from that one
Abyss Watcher
who helped me deal with the initial part.

The soul looks like it'll give me a decent strength special weapon but I need to grind 10k souls to try it out.

I also traded in the
stray demon's soul in for Havel's ring
. Should hopefully have a better roll with my knight's armour.

I'm regretting getting those free levels from Yoel. I definitely feel like I'm getting the bad ending. It's costing me more and more to get rid of the dark sigil. Like 38k lol. I haven't got that type of souls!

Also, does anyone know if item discovery increases the longer you play in a level without hitting a bonfire? I was walking around with 20k souls and managed to get a double drop on the
Black Knight
in Road of Sacrifices (although it was just guantlet and leggings) as well as a few pieces from the
Darkwraiths
prowling in front of the boss room.

Really enjoying DS3 atm :D

You think healing those Dark Sigils are expensive now, just wait til end game where you will probably be paying anywhere near 300k-400k just to be free!

Sifl

So does anyone know the status of covenant items once you go into NG+, like does the counter reset? I really want
DMB
but I haven't been summoned once and have only farmed like 12 of the items. The number possibly resetting is really the only reason I'm not in NG+ right now.

pa22word

The
consumed King
was an awesome boss fight, damn. Felt straight out of Bloodborne. The area itself sucked tho haha, basically just encourages you to run through the whole thing. At least it was small.
I think you missed something.
Ocerios is technically the midboss of that area.

BriGuy

I got real tired of late-game shit so I signed offline and cheated my ass off. Even with infinite health, there are situations where you can find yourself stuck in a gank squad, unable to do anything for literal minutes, until the stars align and an opening presents itself. Watching some of these infinite stamina, flawless tracking combos play out sure is something. I still think DS3 is a better game than DS2, but not by much.

Fun note - those stupid ass jailers can still kill you even with infinite health enabled. From somehow made a worse enemy than the singing brains in Bloodborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom