• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
grr this has never happened to me in a Souls game before

I'll just have to accept that the game ate my souls
angry.gif

MilkBeard

Why is Blades of the Darkmoon bugged

This is so annoying, anyone have any luck getting summoned? I'm sl100

I did some tests on it a while back, go to
Lothric Castle
bonfire, that is your best chance. Don't leave the bonfire room unless you go around the outside with the hollows. You should get some summons there at that level.

I maxed the covenant getting summoned there in a couple of hours. Make sure cross-region matching is ON.

Archdragon peak
is another good area at late level, although I get the most at Lothric. It's debatable whether being in the area helps, but I've noticed that if I go to those areas I have good summon rates.

Welp, it finally happened. I missed a bonfire before a boss... somehow. Fortunately it was one of those bosses that I'm capable of beating in one attempt.

I did some tests on it a while back, go to
Lothric Castle
bonfire, that is your best chance. Don't leave the bonfire room unless you go around the outside with the hollows. You should get some summons there at that level.

I maxed the covenant getting summoned there in a couple of hours. Make sure cross-region matching is ON.

Archdragon peak
is another good area at late level, although I get the most at Lothric. It's debatable whether being in the area helps, but I've noticed that if I go to those areas I have good summon rates.
thank you! i'll try this out right now and report back.

MilkBeard

thank you! i'll try this out right now and report back.

Stay out of Boss rooms, make sure that the emblem is flashing. Also, I would say to not cross area bounds too much. The reason why: For example, when you get summoned, you will see that fog doors show up while being summoned. I have a feeling that the search gets reset when you cross different boundaries (areas that are governed by different bonfires).

splattered

I don't understand invading???

I'm trying to rack up pale tongues for the ring right now, using the full red orb... every freakin time I invade someone's world they have two or three other guys with them and just dance around behind them.

To make matters worse I am seeing huge lag and HUGE phantom reach for people's UGS and shit...

*Sometimes it even spawns me by a fog door right in the middle of the guys I've invaded and theyre already swinging at me.

What is the freaking point here?

This is so damn broken I want to scream!

MrHoot

I'm trying to rack up pale tongues for the ring right now, using the full red orb... every freakin time I invade someone's world they have two or three other guys with them and just dance around behind them.

To make matters worse I am seeing huge lage and HUGE phantom reach for people's UGS and shit...

If you want to rake up pale tongues, just put down a red summon sign outside of pontiff. That's where everyone duels, and you can get pale tongues by winning against the host. It's a fairer chance than random invasions

MilkBeard

To make matters worse I am seeing huge lage and HUGE phantom reach for people's UGS and shit...

The lag and phantom reach is annoying for sure. Try invading in different areas,
Anor Londo
might be good because the other summons that appear will help distract the gank-bros.

Eventually you will get a solo player. Although, I'm not sure how far you are into the game.

Ricker

Pontiff is quite annoying...how come I cant summon any of the NPC's so far to help with Bosses,according to a Wiki,I should have 3 choices for this fight even and yes I am embered...

Bossun

Overall the game is quite easy.
I have never felt like I did that much damage to bosses and ennemies in previous souls games, now even as a deprived I plowed through the first boss (and the beginning area is the simplest of any souls game).

I mean all the boss dies really fast, and you can power through them easily, which is quite disturbing coming from the cautious approach of previous game.
Finding such a strong weapon as the Uchigatana right at the beginning is not helping to make the game feel less easy and power oriented.

Outside of that, I feel like the game is relying too much on infinite stamina for ennemies, which I find unfair.

Otherwise the world is awesome, even though I stil prefer DS1 level design, and the armors and bosses are overly cool.

splattered

If you want to rake up pale tongues, just put down a red summon sign outside of pontiff. That's where everyone duels, and you can get pale tongues by winning against the host. It's a fairer chance than random invasions

The lag and phantom reach is annoying for sure. Try invading in different areas,
Anor Londo
might be good because the other summons that appear will help distract the gank-bros.

Eventually you will get a solo player. Although, I'm not sure how far you are into the game.

I just beat cathedral of the deep and need to move on to farron keep next... this is my first playthrough but I'm already a lvl 60?

co1onel

Looks like all the speedrunners use anris sword w/ luck...weapon is a beast.
A luck build with bleed is truly scary. It's insane how fast some of the bosses go down. They also use the the astora straight sword with raw infusion at the start. It has amazing damage for the beginning, but obviously falls off later when you get weapons with better scaling.

sn00zer

Fuck it, actually need legit help.

I am getting fucking decimated by
Devourer's
second form....literally no idea what to do.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Devourer's

The fire isn't as scary as you think it is. Just rush in and go ham on his slug half while chugging estus. The absolute worst thing you can do is try to stay far away from him.

When he uses unlimited arrow works just keep running.

MilkBeard

Devourer's

If you are melee then the boss is quite tough, it's pretty much dodge city. A summon trivializes the fight though, because you guys just pretty much spam him before he can do anything.

Stay out of Boss rooms, make sure that the emblem is flashing. Also, I would say to not cross area bounds too much. The reason why: For example, when you get summoned, you will see that fog doors show up while being summoned. I have a feeling that the search gets reset when you cross different boundaries (areas that are governed by different bonfires).
Thanks for the tips

So I've had one summon so far and its been almost 20min. Might try archdragon peak if nothinf pops soon.

Sblargh

Banned
Jeebus,
Nameless King
has to be in the top 3 bosses in terms of looks, atmosphere and difficulty in the entire series, right?

Yesss.

Him and Artorias of the Abyss are my top 2 right now.
Not sure on the third, but there was a dragon fight on one of the dark souls 2 DLC that I remember being great. Can't remember exactly which, though. The poison dragon, maybe?

MilkBeard

The fire isn't as scary as you think it is. Just rush in and go ham on his slug half while chugging estus. The absolute worst thing you can do is try to stay far away from him.

When he uses unlimited arrow works just keep running.

Yup,
aim for the tail, but whatever you do, if he is successful in his arrow spam, run like hell. Staying in one spot is like an instant KO.

Kinda stuck here.

cZorIrO.jpg

I'm in Lothric Castle.

I beat the dragonslayer armor. After that is a bonfire with these 2 staircases.

The left side is a locked door. The right side is an elevator that won't work.

Not sure where to go from here.

splattered

Also why is it that when I get invaded I get blocked by fog doors, but when I invade someone else they can walk freely beyond the fog door and cheap shot me from safety?

Yesss.

Him and Artorias of the Abyss are my top 2 right now.
Not sure on the third, but there was a dragon fight on one of the dark souls 2 DLC that I remember being great. Can't remember exactly which, though. The poison dragon, maybe?

Who would win in a straight up duel: Artorias or
Nameless King
?

No pets allowed.

Dahbomb

Kinda stuck here.

cZorIrO.jpg

I'm in Lothric Castle.

There should be a key around here for that door in front.

jett

D-Member
Kinda stuck here.

cZorIrO.jpg

I'm in Lothric Castle.

There should be a corpse with a key around that area.

Kinda stuck here.

cZorIrO.jpg

I'm in Lothric Castle.

Make your way forward to the
Archives
or you can go back to the Dancers bonfire and take a left and head to an optional area.

Tevious

I was enjoying the game until the c
atacomb
s. Too many enemies at once. Fuck this area and the boss' instant death
gas cloud

I'm Soul Level 70 where is the hot PvP places? Need to farm these Mound Maker's items.

I'm the same SL and the A
nor
L
ondo
bonfire area is pretty good. You'll almost always have an Aldrich Faithful, or a regular red phantom to back you up since the world masters will usually have a summon with them.

There should be another staircase/path, I think you just overlooked it. Directly opposite of the...oh wait. I think there's an item on the floor that unlocks the door. I forgot about that. Look around the room.

There should be a corpse with a key around that area.

There should be a key around here for that door in front.

There's not a damn thing on the floor here! What the eff. No items at all....

lunlunqq

I finally did it!!! Beat NK without compromising my chosen playing style (no shield light armor quality build) for this run. The trick is to further reduce my equipment load from 45% to 32%. The added i-frames and roll distance really made a huge difference! Too bad that I have to switch back to my fashion armor set and live with 45% again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom