• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogawa-san

I finally did it!!! Beat NK without compromising my chosen playing style (no shield light armor quality build) for this run. The trick is to further reduce my equipment load from 45% to 32%. The added i-frames and roll distance really made a huge difference! Too bad that I have to switch back to my fashion armor set and live with 45% again.
Huh? There are no distance or iframe differences between 30% and 69.9% load.

Maybe you picked it up already. Look in your inventory for a new key. Try the door again. It should have been on a corpse.

Nope. Door won't open.

Maybe it's because I'm doing this area out of order? I've still not gone through
Anor Londo or the Profaned Capital.

You guys...

This game is so much fun. I have no idea what I am doing or where I am supposed to be going but it's just such an amazing feeling killing something you were struggling with!

Gorillaz

holy shit at how fast the valley hot spot PVP has fallen

people seriously using way of the blue......way of the blue covenant....

in 2016

I actually cried a bit

Exuro

Question. I've been watching my friend play on PC and he's able to be invaded and whatnot, but bloodstains aren't appearing. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I just beat cathedral of the deep and need to move on to farron keep next... this is my first playthrough but I'm already a lvl 60?

Level 60 after just beating Cathedral? Holy shit you will destory everything in Farron and beyond. You are way over leveled.

MilkBeard

in 2016

I actually cried a bit
eh? It's good for people who just want to get through the game. Also, there are numerous ways to be ganked by invading spirits. Plus a later covenant needs certain items from it, so it's good that people use it
don't convince people to stop, lol

The real disappointment is that the
Watchdogs of Farron
covenant is so early in the game, once you are leveled up enough the covenant becomes useless.

K' Dash

I've run into a sort of brick wall of my own making.

The little tunnel with the
monstrous rat
and the
Grave Key pathway
has an entrance that's near a
bridge with a couple of those big pot-throwing machete dudes
. The problem is, one of them
threw a pot at me and knocked me off the bridge.

I returned to the area but can't find my souls. Is there a way to go to the
level beneath the bridge?
I'm too scared to jump off because it looks kind of high.

I can't continue without my ~5,000 dropped soulsssssss :p

EDITL ugh i've been looking for like an hour already, where the hell are you souls, HALP

Dude ~5000 Souls are nothing to worry about, move on and farm a little bit helping people with bosses.

Losing Souls is part of the game :)

Dahbomb

Nope. Door won't open.

Maybe it's because I'm doing this area out of order? I've still not gone through
Anor Londo or the Profaned Capital.
Wait how did you get to that point?

If you killed the Dancer then that means that you
killed the 3 lords which means that you were in Anor Londo and Profaned Capital.

lunlunqq

Huh? There are no distance or iframe differences between 30% and 69.9% load.

You sure? I've been trying NK with 45% f for like 30 times and always get rekt within second when phase 2 starts. It's like I can never dodge any of his attacks. After dropping load to 32%, I can actually dodge through his combo's or plunge attacks no problem and find openings to attack. Got him on my 2nd try. I can definitely feel a difference here.

Is there anything besides a merchant in the
firelink shrine past Champion Gundyr? It seems like you can get elsewhere but I can't open any of the gates

lunlunqq

Wait how did you get to that point?

If you killed the Dancer then that means that you
killed the 3 lords which means that you were in Anor Londo and Profaned Capital.

You can actually encounter the dancer as your first real boss fight right after Iudex.

Dude ~5000 Souls are nothing to worry about, move on and farm a little bit helping people with bosses.

Losing Souls is part of the game :)
That fact is not lost on me, believe me. I've been playing this series my entire adult life :p

This is the first time I've lost souls because the regeneration blob never appeared, though, and that's what is frustrating me. I refuse to accept it
angry.gif

I do not like Mr. Tree boss.
Don't use lock-on and seek those ugly tumor-like growths on its crotch, ass, and arms. Go to town with as many consecutive normal (not heavy) slashes as you can.

Kholdy

Neo Member
Okay I think I'm done for the evening after what just happened. And I mean that in the best way possible. This isn't news for most of you as it's been out for weeks and I'm still making my way through (I take my time and try and take in everything).

But that Wyvern boss. That fucking Wyvern boss. It lands, I'm like fuck this I don't have it in me, so I'm running around like a fool and find... a building? With enemies? Huh? I'm still in a state of panic so I run in to see just why the hell this stuff is even there during a boss fight. I make my way up, nearly dying several times along the way. I spot an item at the far end of a wooden catwalk, fuck it I'll get it because why not. At this point I'm thinking it's time to look at a guide or summon help or something because I'm super overwhelmed by this point. So I make a mad dash toward this platform directly above the dragon's head and take a suicide bomber plunge down at it.

And... oh my. Oh my god. That was just fucking amazing. It's shit like this that separates these games, for me, apart from everything else. What an incredible, shocking, ultimately satisfying experience. Just, after that, I'm too wound up to keep playing. Gonna play some Star Fox or something. Holy shit.

Just had the same experience. I've recorded that run and sometimes I just stood still thinking "this can't be right, wth!"

And that plunge was godlike.

MilkBeard

That fact is not lost on me, believe me. I've been playing this series my entire adult life :p

This is the first time I've lost souls because the regeneration blob never appeared, though, and that's what is frustrating me. I refuse to accept it
angry.gif

Don't use lock-on and seek those ugly tumor-like growths on its crotch, ass, and arms. Go to town with as many consecutive normal (not heavy) slashes as you can.
Usually, when you fall off a cliff, the bloodstain will appear at the place where you fell from. If not, then it could have glitched. Happens on rare occasions in Souls games.

MilkBeard

Yep. Game locks you out of going any further for whatever reason. Kinda stupid imo, as it curbs what little path variance the game has for no reason.
Variance is good, but otherwise, you are skipping a huge portion of the game. You can pretty much go straight to the end from the beginning area if they didn't lock you out.

I do not like Mr. Tree boss.

I don't know how much of a souls vet you are, but for large bosses like the tree boss, don't lock your camera on him. It hinders your mobility against large mobs plus the souls camera isn't great for large mobs.

Stay far away from him and try to bait his attacks, he has a pretty big vulnerability period after slamming his branches down. He also has weak points all over his body after he has fallen through the floor, so you don't necessarily need to hit him in the junk.

Ogawa-san

You sure? I've been trying NK with 45% f for like 30 times and always get rekt within second when phase 2 starts. It's like I can never dodge any of his attacks. After dropping load to 32%, I can actually dodge through his combo's or plunge attacks no problem and find openings to attack. Got him on my 2nd try. I can definitely feel a difference here.
Yep. You just got used to the timings.

Demoskinos

Lmao some people are such cowards. Summoning me as a Mad Spirit and then running away to the boss room when they start losing. Lmao. I did stop one guy who tried to run to the boss door though.

How does the
crow
work in this game?
I dropped an item, got a reaction, reloaded, but...there was nothing there.
I wonder what they changed.

There should be a key around here for that door in front.

There should be a corpse with a key around that area.

I found it pretty odd that the key to the door was right in front of it basically.

Ah, that could be why. You have to do those areas first, lol.

Well that makes more sense I guess...it's there to keep you from that area until you clear the other lords. Interesting.

Really? I checked but didn't see anything there. I hope the item's not gone.

Make sure you pick "leave" and not "discard".

Get'sMad

makes me sad when I leave a gift for someone that I invade and they don't pick it up

I'm trying to offer a token of friendship before I murder you

:(

Just had the same experience. I've recorded that run and sometimes I just stood still thinking "this can't be right, wth!"

It's one of the few times I actually wish I were streaming this or caught my reaction on camera because it would have been hilarious. My gf was laughing hysterically and she didn't even know what the hell had happened and what I was going on about. It was honestly close to the Gametrailers guys flipping out over Shenmue 3 lol

gaugebozo

in 2016

I actually cried a bit
It's the only covenant that does something when you're just running around PvE-ing. Sometimes I just put it on if I don't plan on summoning.

jett

D-Member
Archdragon Peak
is a really annoying place. What is it with these grunts killing me in a couple of hits.

justjim89

Really loving the
Grand Archives
, finally unlocked all the shortcuts to the top of the initial area with the
bridge and the NPC's
. It's a tough area and a little confusing, but it feels like an improved version of DS1's Duke Archives. Also just got my Wolf Knight Greatsword and Heavy Broadsword to max reinforcement, so that feels good. Won't be on the lookout for damn scale titanite all over the place anymore.

Soul level 81 so far, rolling in the
Silver Knight
set with
Black Knight
Shield. Looking forward to getting through the rest of the game. About how much do I have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom