• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimmle

I still can't get summoned despite waiting for five or ten minutes after placing my sign. Invasions work, covenant matches are frequent, but I just can't manage to get a bite.

It can't be a network thing, can it? I managed to be summoned a few times in the early game but ever since Farron I've been unable to help anyone.

Soul level 81 so far, rolling in the
Silver Knight
set with
Black Knight
Shield. Looking forward to getting through the rest of the game. About how much do I have left?

The place you're in is your last non-optional location. After you kill the boss there, then it's off to the endgame.... Which is pretty much just the final boss.

Ocho

Hey guys, should I be hitting locked 60 fps with a 970? For some reason, I feel one day I was playing at locked 60 fps but now a days I get 52-60, rarely hitting 60, and sometimes even 48 in the shrine (tested in the same environments). Anyone with a 970 locked?

178 deaths and 3,560 push-ups later, Dark Souls 3 is complete.

Death Toll would've been sub 100 if it weren't for
The Dancer, Cinder "Let me keep my buffs between transformation" Soul, and the Toguro Brothers.
Seriously though, 60% of my deaths were in the last 15% of the game.

Dahbomb

The Dancer, Cinder "Let me keep my buffs between transformation" Soul, and the Toguro Brothers.
How many deaths at NK though?

That guy took me to school the most.

Were you doing push-ups when you died...?

lunlunqq

Yep. You just got used to the timings.

I could swear I felt a difference the first time fighting him with a lighter load. I still died after getting him to half of this health. But it gave me so much confidence, I immediately returned and killed him rather smoothly the 2nd time... So it was all in my head???? :O

Get'sMad

yo I didnt even notice guys doing this on my prior play-throughs on the japanese versions but late/post game bros...I've been doing invasions in
grand archives
and I've ran into dudes
disguising themselves as objects....crown statue guys, globe things, candle holders
. what does this?

edit lol figured it out..turns out being able to read item descriptions now really helps!

Literally every online encounter I've had today has involved everyone just gliding around. I don't think I've had this issue with any other Souls game.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I assume I'm near the end of the game if I've defeated
Lothric, Younger Prince
?

Either way, I just found the optional area
Smouldering Lake
for the first time at level 82. I think it's preferable this way, as I can easily see this being a ridiculously annoying area for a weaker character. I was able to practically steamroll the enemies. I handled
Old Demon King
very well, too, leaving me with only a few bosses left (just defeated
Oceiros, the Consumed King
, who was very fucking creepy).

So I accidentally attacked Siegward near the elevator because I thought he was an enemy. Now even if I die and respawn from bonfire, he automatically is still aggro'd.

I done fucked up in regards to his questline didn't I ?

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls 2 stays winning.

i kind of wish phantom npcs could just invade you even in hollow form

right now it's very difficult to play even a little bit in ember form without being invaded and it's not like you're gonna have a fun duel or anything, they'll just hit you in the back while you're crowd controlling and then run away towards clusters of enemies when they're low and out of chugs

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just defeated
Aldrich
but I've hit a dead end. Any tips on how to progress to the next area?

Instead of going in the water tunnel with all the The Grudge spiders things, continue a bit further down into Irithyll Dungeon when you reach that river type place

Wtf the D
ancer
fog gate is really bugged online. Twice I've been summoned to help and twice I've not been able to enter after the host.

I assume I'm near the end of the game if I've defeated
Lothric, Younger Prince
?

Yup. All that's left to do is place the
remains of the Lords of Cinder on their thrones and then talk to the fire keeper to be whisked off to the final boss. Or you can do the optional location, Archdragon Peak. But that can wait until after if you want.

Gragen

right now it's very difficult to play even a little bit in ember form without being invaded and it's not like you're gonna have a fun duel or anything, they'll just hit you in the back while you're crowd controlling and then run away towards clusters of enemies when they're low and out of chugs

You could go offline for just npc invasions.

Ogawa-san

I ended up doing a completely offline run to find the phantoms I've missed without having my time wasted with invasions.

You need to back track, specifically to the
lake under the bridge with the horrible spider women. There's a door that leads to a bonfire.

Instead of going in the water tunnel with all the The Grudge spiders things, continue a bit further down into Irithyll Dungeon when you reach that river type place
Thank you both! This game is so good, my mind's been blown a couple of times already.

KingKong

watching ENBs videos really shows me how well designed Farron Keep is. From putting fast grabby enemies so you get caught if you try to run through the water, to making you go to three specific areas so you can't just beeline to the exits of zone, plus how its situated around the rest of the gameworld and fits in the lore by being a trial for the watchers to go through

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the slow buildup to a later game thing is fantastic.

The area slowly gets more recognizable and then
I entered Anor Londo

sappyday

watching ENBs videos really shows me how well designed Farron Keep is. From putting fast grabby enemies so you get caught if you try to run through the water, to making you go to three specific areas so you can't just beeline to the exits of zone, plus how its situated around the rest of the gameworld and fits in the lore by being a trial for the watchers to go through

It's defintely one of my favorite places in the game. I hated it at first but it grew a lot on me. It's dreadful going there which is reminiscent of the places of 3-1 and Upper Cathredal Ward

One of my favorites too. It was slightly annoying at first, but once you realize how obvious the placements of the
3 fire altars
are, it's quite enjoyable. Poison and curse being really negligible in this game helps too.

Mindlog

It's the only covenant that does something when you're just running around PvE-ing. Sometimes I just put it on if I don't plan on summoning.
Even with a complete PvE setup I have a very high win rate against invaders, but Blues need completions too! I'd be more than happy to let Blues and Reds go at one another without interfering. So far no Blue has show up on time. Twice I've killed an invader just as a Blue was warping in. Free duty fulfilled or whatever it is they earn.
Man, the zweihander is literally hard mode compared to the broadsword. Pretty hilarious.
I've been leveling up both and my build is STRdex. So far I've stuck to my guns with Zwei even in PvP. Really have to stick and move or learn when to trade. Still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom