• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i decided to invade with my GUTS build usin the ring that makes me look human ( actually looks like a hollow)

4799FE2A1C2D5C2A247846D430C851993F0325A7

so I invade and I see the host running around ( he has killed all the enemies and is probably looking for PVP) so I chase him and as soon as I come close to him, I notice something.

First his name is Kratos , second; he is all white with a red tatto in his face and finally, he is using some dual flaminng fists and the master's atire, I realise whats going and so does he so we start using the claping emote at each other and proced to duel.

BEST INVASION EVER

Evilkazzz

Banned
Anyone know of any entertaining DS3 Let's play's going on.

I know that's a sort of weird question, but due to no force of my own I'm down a PS4 I once had and dont have an adequate PC. I'll eventually get another (or just wait for the PS4 (neo) honestly), but I'd still like to view this game since I was pretty hype for it. I dont care about spoilers since most of the fun I get out of these game is by experimenting on my own. Been watching ENB's LP but it's rather basic. I'd be interested to see if someone else is doing one that I find entertaining

watching ENBs videos really shows me how well designed Farron Keep is. From putting fast grabby enemies so you get caught if you try to run through the water, to making you go to three specific areas so you can't just beeline to the exits of zone, plus how its situated around the rest of the gameworld and fits in the lore by being a trial for the watchers to go through

I couldn't spend a lot of time in there yet but man its kicking my butt. Hopefully it grows on me, I just started to familiarize myself with its layout.

Question? I'm playing a knight character and after leveling up my strength probably only twice and my dexterity about twice, my right hand 1 weapon stat won't increase if I try to level up either strength or dexterity. Have I reached my right hand 1 max that quickly? That seems odd.

StewboaT_

Even with a complete PvE setup I have a very high win rate against invaders, but Blues need completions too! I'd be more than happy to let Blues and Reds go at one another without interfering. So far no Blue has show up on time. Twice I've killed an invader just as a Blue was warping in. Free duty fulfilled or whatever it is they earn.

I've been leveling up both and my build is STRdex. So far I've stuck to my guns with Zwei even in PvP. Really have to stick and move or learn when to trade. Still going strong.
Oh it's definitely doable, I've just spoiled myself with the speed and op stun locking of the broadsword haha

Jolkien

I'm not sure if I'm more terrible today or does the difficulty really ramps up at (mid game zone)
Ithryll Borean Valley
the enemies are wrecking me.

After wandering around in the swamp for a while, I suddenly got a series of 4-5 darkmoon summonings in a row. The first ended in a derpdeath by me, and the second was over before I finished loading in, but the next few were pretty silly. Crabs, darkwraiths, and quite a bit of chasing from enthusiastic hosts. Too bad I still need another 24 ears >_>

MUnited83

For you.
Man, fighting two
Black Knights
at the entrance of
Anor Londo
is just brutal.

The dash the lightning spear guy does is all sorts of broken.

I'm not sure if I'm more terrible today or does the difficulty really ramps up at (mid game zone)
Ithryll Borean Valley
the enemies are wrecking me.
They hit quite a bit harder than most of the things you've faced before, yeah. Still pretty easy when you figure them out.

justjim89

Ugh, of course. Can't have one night of playing this without some kind of frustration. What sort of bullshit is this with the
Lorian
boss fight?
Two fights in a row? Really? I have to repeat the first fight every time even though I've already depleted his health bar? Fuck that. That's not how boss fights are supposed to work in this series. The first fight isn't even all that hard, it's just infuriating that I have to repeat it every time before I've even had time to learn the second fight, with all the homing soul mass nonsense. There should be a checkpoint between those fights. If I die on the second part, take me back to the damn second part next time.

I was feeling really good about my playing and progress tonight, and then the game has the nerve to pull that trick.

On a more positive note, the
Faraam
set might be my favorite looking armor sets in the series. Never found it in DS2, glad I got it here.

Can someojne please explain the Hollowing rating below the Soul Level rating in the status screen? I'm slowly co-oping through the game with a friend, but he doesn't even have the hollow ratring displayed on his status screen at all. Will my HP be limited once the Hollow rating matches my SL rating? Thanks. I'd google it but I'm wary of accidentally seeing spoilers in the wiki pages and stuff.

Demoskinos

Dying laughing here. Got summoned as a mad phantom with the ring that makes you look like a white phantom. Guy totally bought it and turned his back to me. Backstabbed him and then he panic rolled off a cliff. Lmao.

pa22word

Variance is good, but otherwise, you are skipping a huge portion of the game. You can pretty much go straight to the end from the beginning area if they didn't lock you out.

No, because you still need to beat the other lords to access the final area anyway.

Letting people go beat
lothric bros
first wouldn't have changed the game at all. It's stupid that they just invisible wall your ass for the sake of it.

kagamin

Ugh, of course. Can't have one night of playing this without some kind of frustration. What sort of bullshit is this with the
Lorian
boss fight?
Two fights in a row? Really? I have to repeat the first fight every time even though I've already depleted his health bar? Fuck that. That's not how boss fights are supposed to work in this series. The first fight isn't even all that hard, it's just infuriating that I have to repeat it every time before I've even had time to learn the second fight, with all the homing soul mass nonsense. There should be a checkpoint between those fights. If I die on the second part, take me back to the damn second part next time.

I was feeling really good about my playing and progress tonight, and then the game has the nerve to pull that trick.

Faraam
set might be my favorite looking armor sets in the series. Never found it in DS2, glad I got it here.

The magic is pretty easy to dodge, and the boss has pretty easy tells for it's moves, watch closely and don't waste estus unnecessarily in the first phase, and also try to hit
Lothric on Lorian's back to weaken him so you can finish him off when he tries to heal Lorian.

pa22word

yay got glitched in between fog walls right after
Pontiff Sullyvhan
T_T

Sorry bro who invaded me, wasn't trying to be an ass just got bugged >_<

So I just farmed the dark sword.. What in the fuck guys.. I can put magic damage on top of a +10 redefined dark sword. What is the point of even having great swords. I maxed out the Wolf sword and it's poo compared to this. They gonna buff them again?

MUnited83

For you.
Variance is good, but otherwise, you are skipping a huge portion of the game. You can pretty much go straight to the end from the beginning area if they didn't lock you out.
But you can't.
You still the souls of every other Lord in the game. It doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever to luck the Princes off.
Lorian
boss fight?

Faraam
Uh, not the first time in the series that a boss in the series has that "whole new HP bar on second stage" thing. It's not even the first one in DS3 for that matter :p

Dresden

So I just farmed the dark sword.. What in the fuck guys.. I can put magic damage on top of a +10 redefined dark sword. What is the point of even having great swords. I maxed out the Wolf sword and it's poo compared to this. They gonna buff them again?

I think straight swords will get nerfed instead.

justjim89

The magic is pretty easy to dodge, and the boss has pretty easy tells for it's moves, watch closely and don't waste estus unnecessarily in the first phase, and also try to hit
Lothric on Lorian's back to weaken him so you can finish him off when he tries to heal Lorian.

Yeah, it doesn't seem terribly hard, just not very fair either. I was just feeling so good after completely clearing the bridge and thought, "Well, I just see what the boss is" and beat it first time out.
Then I died at the second phase and ran back only to see I had to do the first part again. Completely killed my high.

The Wolf Knight Greatsword seems kinda weak anyhow. I have it upgraded to +5 but my +10 Heavy Broadsword seems more useful and more effective in most situations. They really made the basic weapons strong this time around. I've still only found one weapon that scales A with strength.

Risible

Even with a complete PvE setup I have a very high win rate against invaders, but Blues need completions too! I'd be more than happy to let Blues and Reds go at one another without interfering. So far no Blue has show up on time. Twice I've killed an invader just as a Blue was warping in. Free duty fulfilled or whatever it is they earn.

I've been leveling up both and my build is STRdex. So far I've stuck to my guns with Zwei even in PvP. Really have to stick and move or learn when to trade. Still going strong.

Nope. I've done a lot of Blue PVPing. If you are not near the kill you don't get the reward. Kinda sucks....can't tell me how many times in the middle of my game I get summoned, warp in, the invader dies before I can find them, and I get warped out with no reward. Huge waste of time.

Ogawa-san

Can someojne please explain the Hollowing rating below the Soul Level rating in the status screen? I'm slowly co-oping through the game with a friend, but he doesn't even have the hollow ratring displayed on his status screen at all. Will my HP be limited once the Hollow rating matches my SL rating? Thanks. I'd google it but I'm wary of accidentally seeing spoilers in the wiki pages and stuff.
Hollowing is merely cosmetic, no HP changes this time around. It increases every time you die (up to 99) and the higher that rating is the shittier you'll look. But you don't become or accumulate hollowing (and therefore see the rating in your status) unless you have at least one dark sigil, and you get them by
accepting free levels from Yoel

Today i decided to invade with my GUTS build usin the ring that makes me look human ( actually looks like a hollow)

4799FE2A1C2D5C2A247846D430C851993F0325A7

so I invade and I see the host running around ( he has killed all the enemies and is probably looking for PVP) so I chase him and as soon as I come close to him, I notice something.

First his name is Kratos , second; he is all white with a red tatto in his face and finally, he is using some dual flaminng fists and the master's atire, I realise whats going and so does he so we start using the claping emote at each other and proced to duel.

BEST INVASION EVER

Hah! That was you? I saw that duel on Twitch today. A user just finished speed running bosses using only a bow. Then he brought out his Kratos to show us, and you appeared. Was a fun battle. It was witnessed by thousands :)

sn00zer

Ok so
Devourer was NOT my third lord of cinder....so I have no idea where to go now. I also beat the Abyss Watchers so idk where the fuck to go

MAN. The
Untended Graves
. GODDAMN.

Great
Hunter's Dream/Hunter's Workshop
moment. Fucking scary, the boss is nuts and what it
actually ends up being about
are all top notch.

This fucking game.

LiK

Does White Soapstone stop working after I beat the last boss? Wanna be a sunbro and help out but it's not working outside the boss rooms. It's grayed out.

So people sacred chime or crystal chime. I'm thinking sacred as it has A scaling n faith so later on its a winner? How much faith do I need to it take advantage over the crystal though. Crystal has +40 over it on spell buff and +25 on its base.

Barakov

Hah! That was you? I saw that duel on Twitch today. A user just finished speed running bosses using only a bow. Then he brought out his Kratos to show us, and you appeared. Was a fun battle. It was witnessed by thousands :)

That's nothing. I just saw someone beat the game with a guitar controller on twitch. I don't even think he knew why did it.

Just finished the game. Should I do NG+ or start a new character. Does NG+ offer anything ? Like new enemies, or enemies in different areas, something that mixes it up?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm getting the summons stuck outside the fog door glitch so much. Both when I summon for a boss and when I get summoned. I get summoned to help with a boss, the host goes in and then everyone else is just suck outside.

Get'sMad

guys

if a nice and courteous invader such as myself leaves an item please pick it up...it could be extremely rare and valuable one....it's not always dung pies and rubbish.

I put down a dang slab for a guy and he didn't even bother to pick it up.....I probably won't do that again for another 100 invasions.

That's nothing. I just saw someone beat the game with a guitar controller on twitch. I don't even think he knew why did it.

Yeah, that run was legit. The hardest part for him was navigating to menu. LOL!

That guy was pro. Happy Hobbit or something like that I think.

His whammy bar controlled the camera, so he couldn't look up or down. Only horizontally.

ElFly

Is it safe to look on wiki at weapon information? I am trying to figure out what to do as I am using a Battle Axe +2 infused with fire (so no scaling).

I have on me that I can't decide between:

• Longsword
  • Broadsword
  • Claymore

My stats as follows: http://abload.de/img/374320_20160423133723hbkgj.png

Weapons sure.

Don't look at where the titanites are tho.

Man, upgrading in this game takes an insane amount of titanite.

2/4/8 is super high inflation from 1/2/3 needed in ds2; now I don't even get excited if I pick up some titanite, cause I know I need several more for it to matter.

Bogeypop

Another day. another scumbag destroyed
by gravity unfortunately
. Invade some guy at C
athedral
of the D
eep
; appears to be AFK so I clobber him until he only has a bit of health left, leave him some Embers, and sit in front of him. He finally comes back from AFK, heals, and then tries to fight me instead of taking my nice gesture. Easily out poke him, but he just keeps chugging and using throwing daggers which do quite a bit of damage as I'm only level 9. I get tired of waiting for him to heal so I leave and we end up picking 2 or 3 spots to have fights for half an hour or so while inching through the zone. Eventually he realizes he can't beat me so he just hangs back and I use a Young White Branch and turn into a very apt chair to reflect the situation. Runs all the way back to the C
leansing
C
hapel
bonfire, tries to summon someone, fails, and somehow falls off a cliff (wasn't around to see it happen). Felt great.

daninthemix

My survivability build has worked out pretty well.

Raw Astora, had 40 END before Anor Londo, which with FAP gave me the max 172 stamina, meaning I can swing and roll for days.

Before the end of Lothric castle I had 50 VIG, which is 1300 hit points with FAP without ember.

My concern with trying some sort of strength or quality build is that the game just isn't long enough to make the build with decent survivability as well, unless you're playing towards NG+.

For people who want to just get through NG and be as tanky as possible, I highly recommend this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom