• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

All 4 lords of cinder fights in this game were amazing. They were all unique, had different gameplay mechanics, different ways to approach them, and were just all around fun.

Didn't realize you can't be invaded if you haven't beaten boss area, that's silly. I want to fight people, guess I'll start summoning people.

Fairly often, as a sun bro I have more embers than I know what to do with.

Other way around. You can only be invaded if you have not killed the area boss. Once you kill it, no more invasions against you. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :D

MilkBeard

A big part of the appeal of the Souls games is the communal aspect of everyone trying to decipher the story, find hidden areas, discover secrets, etc. It can be frustrating if you're trying to play alone but clearly you're not intended to play these games in a vacuum.

Pretty much. People wanting the story spoonfed can have a fit, for all I care.

Frillen

Question about location A
rchdragon
P
eak

I have the dragon head and the dragon chest. I did not ring the bell because it said not to ring it if you want to follow the path of the dragon (or something like that).

So I go up to the very peak, and that's where I got the chest piece by doing the pose. But now what?

What happens if I ring that bell? How do I proceed if I don't ring the bell? Which is better?

Ring the bell ;)

Demoskinos

Anyone having luck being summoned as Darkmoon @ around SL 70? I'd rather not farm silver knights for these concord tokens if possible...

la_briola

6943B781F8A645F786291DD781D7454F191A28A7

the naming filter is bad, or not really working

MilkBeard

Anyone having luck being summoned as Darkmoon @ around SL 70? I'd rather not farm silver knights for these concord tokens if possible...

Head to
Lothric Castle
or
Archdragon Peak
, I have the best luck in those places. I was getting a few in A.P. today.

silva1991

I'm not sure if it's ever not gonna annoy me how garbage the dancer's enchanted swords are. :| Such a cool looking weapon with a cool moveset. Yet utterly useless. Seems any weapon with non-physical stats is crap.

Stuff like this is what makes me appreciate BB's limited weapons even more. literally every weapon is useful and unique and nothing is just for show.

Funny how the people having trouble with the A
byss
W
atchers
seem to be having it most on Phase 2. I died 10 times on Phase 1 for stupid reasons but Phase 2 was incredibly easy for me. Really showcases the variety of builds/playstyles.

Then everything else was fairly easy until I ended up stuck at P
ontiff
now, haha. Loving it so far, first Souls game I'm really getting my hands deep in.

F**k the Catacombs, f**k those red eye skeletons and f**k that boss. Also f**k invaders in this location. I'm glad I'm done with this place.

SkylineRKR

Is N
ameless
K
ing
the hardest boss in Souls games?
I still can't beat his second phase.

Nah, I can't say he was harder than other bosses. I died maybe 3 times during the second phase before I got it. I had him figured out by then. This is my issue with DS3,

All bosses are the exact same. Dodge a 2 or 3 hit combo, strike once or maybe twice and prepare to repeat. This is why long swords are mostly the only option. This is also why I beat NK so fast, by that time I had already beaten Cinder, Princes, Dragonslayer and Dancer the same day, who are exactly like this one. Once you figure out which opening is safe, you'll get it. With NK, its his long wind up air dive, and his 2 hit combo on the ground. He can also rarely do a 4 hit I think so strike once.

Once I specced on lightning defense and shield his damage was considerably lower. His first phase is awful, I could NEVER evade the fire breath and the camera is just dog shit.

The boss that took me the most retries was P
rinces
because of the fucking teleport disables lock on and can't see the huge downward strike. When I wasn't fucked by that, I did phase one without getting hit but still getting fucked by phase 2 's spam (and me being too greedy).

Korosenai

A very well put together video about build variety and the pvp meta level: http://youtu.be/TN6I-AHjBY4

He says the SL meta should be at 120 to give more variety for spell users and not just melee users. Anyone's thought on this l? I actually agree with him. At sl 100 every single fight I've had has been a melee fight.

Dancer's grab attack is the cheapest thing in this entire game, if it's going to take out 95% of your health maybe it's tracking shouldn't be such bullshit.

Ferr986

I'm not sure if it's ever not gonna annoy me how garbage the dancer's enchanted swords are. :| Such a cool looking weapon with a cool moveset. Yet utterly useless. Seems any weapon with non-physical stats is crap.

Tell me about it. My dancer char is my hard mode.

Overall,weapon balance in this game is terrible, propably the worst Souls in that regard.

Tarkus

man the estoc REALLY is dangerous for PvP. Just beat a guy with storm sword.
It is. At SL 50, quality build, I'm destroying people with a +2 Estoc. It needs a stamina usage nerf or something.

Tell me about it. My dancer char is my hard mode.

Overall,weapon balance in this game is terrible, propably the worst Souls in that regard.
Well, it just came out. Balance issues will be fixed.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Question about location A
rchdragon
P
eak

I have the dragon head and the dragon chest. I did not ring the bell because it said not to ring it if you want to follow the path of the dragon (or something like that).

So I go up to the very peak, and that's where I got the chest piece by doing the pose. But now what?

What happens if I ring that bell? How do I proceed if I don't ring the bell? Which is better?

Ring that bells son. I know it says don't, but it's trying to stear you away from the coolest fucking thing you can imagine. Won't say what happens, but after, all i'll say is "Keep walking forward"

pa22word

Also: he is a rage quitter AND has a VAC ban on steam...

https://gfycat.com/JealousDeliciousBlackcrappie

I always get these people...
facepalm.gif

I got a dude the other day who summoned me for DS Armor named "niggerfingers". I let him start the fight and ran off a cliff so he'd be fucked with the extra boss damage all alone.

Hope the piece of shit got rocked.

I'm pretty new to the MP scene, so does anyone else know of some friendly coop grieving strats in case I run into another turd again?

There's no one in DS2 DLC as hard as that boss tbh.

Well I should rephrase... if you know those DS2 bosses' gimmick then they aren't hard but if you don't then they can destroy you.

Solo smelter blue + solo lud and zallen are easily harder than anything in DS3 tbqh...

Neff

Does anybody like DS2 more than this? I'm still early but I remember having a better time with DS2. One thing that game had going for it was some cool environments. About 8 hours in everything is kind of drab, but without the originality or atmosphere of Bloodborne. Maybe it's just me though....

I'm the same, I thought Bloodborne and DSII were decidedly better games.

DSIII is just sort of enjoyably vanilla in comparison.

MrHoot

You get the reward if you're invading and the host dies, doesn't matter if you get the killing blow or not. I've invaded a few times and instantly got a reward as the host fell to AI enemies or another invader.

The mad phantom was long gone before the host died

la_briola

I got a dude the other day who summoned me for DS Armor named "niggerfingers". I let him start the fight and ran off a cliff so he'd be fucked with the extra boss damage all alone.

I'm pretty new to the MP scene, so does anyone else know of some friendly coop grieving strats in case I run into another turd again?

Activate a mimic and pull it to the host.
clock-eyebrow.gif

Tarkus

Next time, just use the Black Crystal. No cliff needed.

If only you could kill NPCs.......

SkylineRKR

Solo smelter blue + solo lud and zallen are easily harder than anything in DS3 tbqh...

Alonne too. He was def harder than any DS3 boss.

LogicStep

So if I beat a boss I can't get summoned to help with it? I was trying to get summoned for the giant but I wasn't getting summoned. Maybe too high level? I'm around 70

wheeplash

NG+ is no joke man, considering I have to use light armor because of my heavy 2h weapon (fuck VIT seriously). Everything hits like a fucking truck, I'm on panic roll mode now.

NG+ is no joke man, considering I have to use light armor because of my heavy 2h weapon (fuck VIT seriously). Everything hits like a fucking truck, I'm on panic roll mode now.

When does it get hard and what SL are you. I'm finding it to be a total cruise so far. 1 shooting every enemy I see :/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nah, I can't say he was harder than other bosses. I died maybe 3 times during the second phase before I got it. I had him figured out by then. This is my issue with DS3,

All bosses are the exact same. Dodge a 2 or 3 hit combo, strike once or maybe twice and prepare to repeat. This is why long swords are mostly the only option. This is also why I beat NK so fast, by that time I had already beaten Cinder, Princes, Dragonslayer and Dancer the same day, who are exactly like this one. Once you figure out which opening is safe, you'll get it. With NK, its his long wind up air dive, and his 2 hit combo on the ground. He can also rarely do a 4 hit I think so strike once.

Once I specced on lightning defense and shield his damage was considerably lower. His first phase is awful, I could NEVER evade the fire breath and the camera is just dog shit.

The boss that took me the most retries was P
rinces
because of the fucking teleport disables lock on and can't see the huge downward strike. When I wasn't fucked by that, I did phase one without getting hit but still getting fucked by phase 2 's spam (and me being too greedy).

Spoilers: That is every boss in the Souls franchise that isn't a gimmick boss.

Servbot24

Banned
The dificulty really spikes at A
byss
W
atchers
. Haven't beaten in it yet but I'm loving the battle. Feels like the right dificulty level for Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom