• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

Not sure about a resin, but the weapon has its own bleed stat and if it was possible you would at least see the meter pop up. Nothing.

KittenMaster said:
Iron Pinapple's vid features him fighting a player with a Shotel (which should have bleed) and it didn't even create the slightest build up of bleed.

f9Jcozg.png

How UNFAIR

LogicStep

So I just got to the
Nameless King
. I got to him first because I put down my sign since I had no idea what to do in this area. I don't know if this is the final boss but it sure looks like a fucking epic fight. Haven't tried him myself yet, just trying to get an idea of the fight helping others.

Baalzebup

Can I remove the fire gem from my weapon if need be? Is it worth putting fire gems in a weapon?

You don't "put" gems into weapons here, you imbue the weapon with the power of said gem. The change is generally permanent, but can be overridden with another gem or reset to normal state with a shriving stone via the same process.

And fire weapons are good when facing enemies weak to fire... Their worth is situational, but great in just such situations.

Demoskinos

Is it possible to drop items as a phantom to give to the host? I ask cause I was wondering if it would be possible to give someone items to have them trade them back to one of my other characters. My first character I have a Symbol of Avrice but I abandoned her for my current build/character which I've now put far more time into but I could REALLY use this helmet to help with farming some of these covenant items. Especially Darkmoon since I NEVER seem to get summoned no matter what I do and I have yet to see a single drop from these stupid silver knights.

Demoskinos

That's a great way to set up the screen shot. How do you manage to get ears for MoundMakers? I cannot for the life of me get summoned in the freaking PvP area.

Put your sign down right near the switch before the
Unnamed King
boss. i was literally getting summoned in less than 10 seconds last night as a mound maker farmed all 30 shackles in like 2 hours of PvP.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
These late game bosses are really pissing me off. Can't kill Armor even with NPC + player summons....

LMAO scared the shit out of an invader. I was doing chameleon in a perfect position and as he was searching around right behind him I untransformed and went

HEY!

made him roll away like 3 times hahahaha. Whooped his ass with the estoc too. Ain't gonna invade and not feel the pain of the bestoc.

Ledbetter

Finished Farron's Keep. The A
byss
W
atchers
was such a good fight, but a bit easy (got it on my second try). Well, I think I haven't fought a hard boss.

I have a question regarding the Cathedral:

The part with both giants, you find something like bridges that you can bring up. I lifted 2 of the 3 bridges, but I can't find the lever of the third one, which seems to actually connect to a zone that is unreachable otherwise. Any hints of where it could be located?

Finished Farron's Keep. The A
byss
W
atchers
was such a good fight, but a bit easy (got it on my second try). Well, I think I haven't fought a hard boss.

I have a question regarding the Cathedral:

The part with both giants, you find something like bridges that you can bring up. I lifted 2 of the 3 bridges, but I can't find the lever of the third one, which seems to actually connect to a zone that is unreachable otherwise. Any hints of where it could be located?
There's a ladder on a ledge on the upper outside part of the cathedral that leads to the upper rafters and across to the area you're talking about. I can't remember exactly how to get there but it's a square terrace with some enemies you can jump down and fight.

Put your sign down right near the switch before the
Unnamed King
boss. i was literally getting summoned in less than 10 seconds last night as a mound maker farmed all 30 shackles in like 2 hours of PvP.
This seems to work. At least I get summoned.
i get summoned at
anor londo
bonfire consistently for legit duels.
I'll try this later.

It doesn't matter because PvP is so fucking laggy WTF .

Finally beat the game with my Pyro class. Loved it to pieces. Currently replaying it again as a Knight and wow things feel different when you have actual armor and can take many hits.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Watching a guy do a speed run on Twitch and it's amazing all the little tricks they do, and how easily they kill the bosses while low level. I've never watched a full run but I'm going to watch this one.

ramyeon

I don't know how anyone can call N
ameless King
one of the best Souls bosses when you have to do that awful Phase 1 every single time.

Onemic

Finally done the game! First Souls game I've completed(Bloodborne doesnt count). Overall I'd give the game an 8-8.5/10. Im pretty sure I beat all the bosses and got almost all the items for NG. The ending was complete garbage to me(but then again I thought BB's ending was pretty bad too) Loved the different builds you can make, but the game is clearly not designed for casters in mind. Being a pyro,(first time playing a caster in the series) the game goes up and down in terms of difficulty. For me it was:

early game - Medium; spells are near worthless and its better to just use an infused melee weapon. Bosses and regular mobs are more difficult because of this, but mobs and bosses arent too difficult.

mid-game - Extremely easy; Your spells go from worthless to pretty much OP vs enemies and bosses. Bosses are a complete pushover once you learn their patterns and can have time to cast safely

late-game - Cheat-Code Easy/Very Hard - regular mobs are even easier than before because at this point your spells are insanely OP not to mention
Rapport
almost feels like a cheat code for a spell. With that spell you can be wreckless as hell going into new places and can take a ton of risks, that you normally shouldnt be able to take. Bosses however are extremely hard as now the amount of time you have to cast safely is pitifully short. Even knowing boss patterns arent enough and it feels like you need to win by pure luck since so many bosses not only have unpredictable patterns, but also have moves that close the gap between both of you near instantly(i.e.
Twin Princes, Consumed King, Gundyr
)

Overall it was a great game, but I really hope that this is the last DS. the amount of callbacks to the previous titles was a bit too much and things felt a little too familiar. I want to see FROM do something different.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Watching a guy do a speed run on Twitch and it's amazing all the little tricks they do, and how easily they kill the bosses while low level. I've never watched a full run but I'm going to watch this one.

Got a link?

joesmokey

So Pyromancy seems pretty unstoppable towards the end game. After so much early game frustration, I two-shotted
Dragonslayer
and one-shotted
the Princes.
edit: (in attempts)

Mid-game after
Smouldering Lake
as a Pyromancer has been so much easier.

BizzyBum

I suck so much at PvP.

Maybe it's just my connection but pretty much every PvP fight is laggy. Like, I feel like I should be doing damage to the other player and I even hear the hit sound but nothing, then I get hit with attacks that look like they clearly miss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom