• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Banned
Passwords are supposed to completely ignore level/weapon upgrade restrictions right?

On the one hand, yes. On the other hand it purposely slows down the summon process when the level/weapon tiers between the two involved players are too far apart. Your priority is shifted down. Like, I've had a case where I was trying to item mule to a lower level character that a friend who just started was using and it took 30 minutes for the sign to show up. Works instantly if you're in the same level range, though. The moment I switched to a lower level character, they could summon me instantly.

The DS3 wiki supports this with their summon range calculator page.

Are you talking about the three knights after the
Dancer
? if so then ignore them. they are a waste of time and just light the next bonefire.

But they drop refined gems.

ramyeon

Are you talking about the three knights after the
Dancer
? if so then ignore them. they are a waste of time and just light the next bonefire.
Yeah those ones, with the healers buffing them. I guess I'll just dash through them then, not gonna waste my time with that.

I can't pinpoint the difference exactly, but invading in this iteration sure is a pain in the ass. Thankfully finding an invasion seems to be rather simple, but once you're in that world shit hits the fan.

Whenever I coop I get the dipshit that chases an invader into a pack of enemies and died instantly. When I invade I get the guy that does NOTHING but roll and run away forever. Never attacking - they just run away alllll the way back to a bonfire area where they then proceed to summon help. They never swing their weapon once. You can roll forever in this game now and with latency it's impossible to hit the bastards. The amount of Estis and the speed at which you drink it is liberal as well. My last invasion I went through FIVE phantoms until the host finally just gave up and texted his friend or something. I get that by invading I'm automatically the asshole from the onset, but wouldn't you then at least make the most of a situation? Overcome some adversity instead of throwing your dignity out the window. This is Fuckig Dark Souls. How is that fun for anyone?

I really enjoy the multiplayer aspect of Dark Souls, but this is just frustrating and added to the fact three covenants just don't work it's bringing me down, man! I guess stick to the Syllavan terrace fight clubs for PvP.

Sorry just needed to rant. May be drinking.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
On the one hand, yes. On the other hand it purposely slows down the summon process when the level/weapon tiers between the two involved players are too far apart. Your priority is shifted down. Like, I've had a case where I was trying to item mule to a lower level character that a friend who just started was using and it took 30 minutes for the sign to show up. Works instantly if you're in the same level range, though. The moment I switched to a lower level character, they could summon me instantly.

Oh wow. 30 minutes, jesus.

I wonder if it's related to our attempts at PvP earlier. I used my 96 level character, his was 82. He could summon my red (we used passwords) pretty quickly but I never saw his sign, so he was always forced to host.

Related? Although it's weird since I was the high level host so... :S

Brakke

Banned
I'm about to finish the game. Is there anything that's only available in NG? I might come back later for a platinum but I don't want to have to roll a new character.

So I'm just grinding out some souls by Sunbro-ing for an easy boss. And someone summoned me... and then just killed me? I was killed by the Host of Embers... That can happen? I was so confused.

I followed whomever summoned me away from the boss room, thinking they wanted me to help with an invader. So, I follow them, keeping an eye out for red or purple dudes. And they start killing some relatively weak enemies, okay..., so I go to take down the more annoying dude in the room... And then I get fucking backstabbed while I'm on the stairs and my camera gets embedded in the wall and I have no clue what's going on at all. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see the Host's name well because it was all in red. Hope I don't run into them again.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I'm just grinding out some souls by Sunbro-ing for an easy boss. And someone summoned me... and then just killed me? I was killed by the Host of Embers... That can happen? I was so confused.
Probably a red sign phantom/invader wearing the Untrue Dark Ring (or whatever it's called) that makes him look human. It takes the "host" title too.

Sounds like you got trolled. Shitty.

wheeplash

I literally just invaded a 1v4 as a Mad phantom, even had a dark spirit going against me without attacking the host.

What the fuck ... seriously.

Jiraiza

So what's the hot spot for PvP anyway? I'm level 60 and the terrace after Pontiff is quite the popular place to be. Wondering if there are more areas that are seeing a lot of action.

Kalentan

So I got to Ir
thyll of the Boreal Valley
and a player invaded me and he clearly wanted to not fight me in open space and draw me to the enemies... Well. I used that giant seed. The enemies reacted to him, and they killed him.

So I got to Ir
thyll of the Boreal Valley
and a player invaded me and he clearly wanted to not fight me in open space and draw me to the enemies... Well. I used that giant seed. The enemies reacted to him, and they killed him.

you just reminded me of the guy who summoned me thinking I was doing a sunbro summon (I'm a sunbro who put a red soapstone sign, so still looks like sunbro summon sign at first glance) and he was pointing me to the enemies to go forward in the area. I don't know why he didn't realize who I was after I came out and looked orange but he was so adorable pointing me forward. Shame I couldn't help him kill the enemies so I killed myself because I couldn't in my heart kill the poor guy who just wanted help lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
Is the CE "metal case" a real steelbook or a shitty metalpak?

Seems to be a lot of leftover stock so I might maybe consider getting it in a few months when it bomba prices. But since they call it a metal case I'm assuming it's not a real steelbook.

jett

D-Member
The King of The Storm
is the shittiest boss this franchise has ever had.

What the fuck is this garbage. Designed by a dumbass.

Riposte

The five best bosses in the game ranked 1 to 5, made cryptic enough to avoid spoilers:

Cgx5O6aW0AAa90D.jpg:orig

EDIT: Will twitter throw a fit if I use it for hotlinking?

MilkBeard

The summon/boss health multiplier is interesting. With one summon, it seems easy. But if you summon 2 people, the health increases almost exponentially, making it much more difficult for the host to win if the summons die. The health increase with the second summon seems more pronounced than previous games, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention before.

Steel

Banned
Oh wow. 30 minutes, jesus.

I wonder if it's related to our attempts at PvP earlier. I used my 96 level character, his was 82. He could summon my red (we used passwords) pretty quickly but I never saw his sign, so he was always forced to host.

Related? Although it's weird since I was the high level host so... :S

Odd. 96 and 82 is within level range. It's + or - 20 now for summons(no percentage add) and -10 +35-40 for invasions(from the invaders perspective).

jett

D-Member
The five best bosses in the game ranked 1 to 5, made cryptic enough to avoid spoilers:

Cgx5O6aW0AAa90D.jpg:orig

That's pretty good haha. I unfortunately unwittingly summoned people for number one and for the final boss as well. I guess there's NG+ to look forward to. :p

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
As a Sorcerer, #1 on that list was goddamn hell.
I ended up summoning the Master Swordsman. No regraets.

jett

D-Member
You know, the Merchant has a lot of awesome looking shit near the end game after you have brought her a lot of ashes. Just spent like 200k souls on armor I probably won't even use but whatevs.

We Fashion Souls now!

BTW, does the merchant's list carry over for NG+? Or am I gonna have to find all those ashes all over again and shit? Same deal for the rest of the NPCs, will I have to find the tomes again?

smashism

Question keeps getting lost in the shuffle. But I can't seem to find a clear answer on how long the weapon skill buffs (like the mace) last?

No real indicator telling me how long it is applied for outside of a quick shine on my weapon.

The DS3 wiki supports this with their summon range calculator page.

But they drop refined gems.

Jesus fucking christ from just add the same shit you had in Bloodborne where you scale levels down :/

So I just made it to Firelink and attempted to warp. I'm playing on PC and this causes my game to crash EVERY single time. I saw someone suggest lighting be set to low but that does not help at all. Any other solution for now?

Hikami

Went through I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and P
rofaned
C
apital
tonight. Y
horm
was a pretty interesting boss fight.
Gimmicky boss fights are my favorite ones.
Was enjoying Irithyll Dungeon until I saw that those enemies take off your max hp.. so stupid.

Not sure where to go from there though.
Did I miss a boss in Central Irithyll? I saw a fog gate but couldn't figure out how to get to it..

Raw64life

Are you loading up on lightning defense?

Yes.

After about 150 summon attempts I finally managed to summon someone. They died early in the second stage of the fight and I got him down to about 10% health before running out of estus and dying. So close. Feels bad man.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ripped off Riposte's picture with a Top 5 bosses of my own. Spoiler free kind of, since there's no DSIII pictures in there. I wonder if anyone will get 5 haha. Big props to whoever figures it out. It's subtle.

dsiiitop5vopsy.jpg

Come at me on that list jabronis. It's da bess.

So I just made it to Firelink and attempted to warp. I'm playing on PC and this causes my game to crash EVERY single time. I saw someone suggest lighting be set to low but that does not help at all. Any other solution for now?

I've heard that was caused by certain armour sets, specifically how shiny they are. Maybe try it naked?

Raw64life

Saw a summon pop up and rushed over to try and activate it. The game crashed. That's certainly a new way to reject my summon attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom