• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall it was a great game, but I really hope that this is the last DS. the amount of callbacks to the previous titles was a bit too much and things felt a little too familiar. I want to see FROM do something different.

I liked it a lot, but I think by about the time I got to
Grand Archives
, I was really starting to feel the Souls fatigue, and I just wanted to be finished. I've finished Demon's Souls, all three Dark Souls games and Bloodborne. I've enjoyed them all tremendously, but I feel like the franchise really needs to offer something new for the next outing, or I don't know if I'll be in for another.

Man, I didn't know Slabs reset in NG+...

How many can you get in one playthrough? I snagged 4 if you count the one you can buy.

lunlunqq

I've killed all bosses and collected all that I can (minus a few permanently missables) from NG. I was wondering if I should proceed to NG+? Or shall I do the covenant grinding in NG? Also, what do I get from summoning Dark Phantoms for a duel? I tried summoned 2 DP while in different covenants. Defeated both of them and got nothing.

MilkBeard

Seems like if you want to win in PvP, you need a long reaching weapon, preferably one that sweeps. Phantom range is real, and the only way to combat it is with a long range weapon of your own. Scythe is a great secret pvp weapon that outreaches a lot of heavies. No one seems to be using it in my battles.

zma1013

Sooo...how exactly do I join the Sunlight Warriors?

You find the covenant item in an early part of the game and you equip it and you can start gaining sunlight medals. You will have to wait until later to actually turn them in though.

Basically in this game you can equip and unequip covenants at any time.

Seems like if you want to win in PvP, you need a long reaching weapon, preferably one that sweeps. Phantom range is real, and the only way to combat it is with a long range weapon of your own. Scythe is a great secret pvp weapon that outreaches a lot of heavies. No one seems to be using it in my battles.

yeah even with bestoc I forget about phatom range and get a guy whose sword is like 4 feet away from hitting me still hurting me.

It's an issue when they have a heavy hitter great weapon and armor with a lot of poise. So even with the estoc I can't make them stagger as they swing that bullshit around lmao

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know how anyone can call N
ameless King
one of the best Souls bosses when you have to do that awful Phase 1 every single time.

Because phase 2 will kill you so many times that phase 1 eventually become a calm relaxing warm up for the main event.

So Pyromancy seems pretty unstoppable towards the end game. After so much early game frustration, I two-shotted
Dragonslayer
and one-shotted
the Princes.

Mid-game after
Smouldering Lake
as a Pyromancer has been so much easier.
The fuck... What moves you using?

Pretty sure I'm up to the last boss.

S
oul
O
f
C
inder
-
fuck that second phase. That's some Tekken juggling nonsense. I'm gonna tackle him again after I do some work and see if I can take him down but goddam

Yeah :/ phantom hits are really annoying.

lunlunqq

Ah, alright. I was thinking I just needed the talis to join, but that wasn't working

Sorry, my bad. You only need to equip the covenant item to join it once you find it in the early part of undead settlement. You just cannot turn it the medals until a very late part of the game.

Zocano

I have actually been waiting to replay Dark Souls 2 again because I felt it was necessary to plat Dark Souls 3. Can enjoy some sweet sweet Shulva again.

Pretty sure I'm up to the last boss.

S
oul
O
f
C
inder
-
fuck that second phase. That's some Tekken juggling nonsense. I'm gonna tackle him again after I do some work and see if I can take him down but goddam

The combo is very very heavily telegraphed just roll away to a safe distance. I really struggled with the scimitar part of that fight for reasons I'm not entirely clear on.

There's been ice skating the entire last few days I've been playing. It's a mess that sucks all the purpose out of the online, aside from the messages.

The combo is very very heavily telegraphed just roll away to a safe distance. I really struggled with the scimitar part of that fight for reasons I'm not entirely clear on.

It's definitely down to me getting carried away, especially because
it's the second phase and I can feel it's nearing the end
I've gotten better at getting the hell out of dodge real quick but that range always makes me super nervous and sometimes he'll JUST clip me, close the distance and then game over.

The scimitar phase is I totally understand because you're never entirely sure which combo he'll enter and the sweep will sometimes clip you right at the end of a dodge and pull you into the combo.

Macattk15

So Pyromancy seems pretty unstoppable towards the end game. After so much early game frustration, I two-shotted
Dragonslayer
and one-shotted
the Princes.

Mid-game after
Smouldering Lake
as a Pyromancer has been so much easier.

Waaaaaaaaaat?

What stats do you have and what spells?

I certainly wasn't one shotting bosses with 40 INT and Chaos Vestiges / Great Chaos in their faces.

edit : Oh I see you mean attempts. Thought you were blowing up bosses in one spell.

Forkball

It happens to me too. I put my red soapstone sign and I get summoned, only to get host and his fuck buddy attacking me while I'm waving hi or trying to initiate a duel.

Assholes.

Yesterday some dude summoned me after the PS boss fight, and then summoned two red phantoms. It was quite the party (we won).

Okay, so about Siegward...

How in the holy fuck are you supposed to keep him alive during the Yhorm fight? I literally walked in, he joined me, I ran to the other side of the room to pick up the Sword, and when I turned around, he was dead...I got an extra Stormruler, his shield, and his armor set as pick ups, but did I miss out on anything by him dying during this fight?

Yesterday some dude summoned me after the PS boss fight, and then summoned two red phantoms. It was quite the party (we won).

That are has become a fight club type deal. I imagine the guy was trying to set one up and instead you guys fucked him. While I like the go until you drop idea of the fight clubs it really isn't worth it from a time perspective since killing fellow reds doesn't yield tongues, vertebrae, or sun medals.

Anyone know of a good spot to invade as a late game mound maker? Having hell at the moment getting vert shackles

Irithyll has been highly effective for me at level 50. You may want to go back to High Lothric Wall and invade NG+ people too.

Draper

Sorry, my bad. You only need to equip the covenant item to join it once you find it in the early part of undead settlement. You just cannot turn it the medals until a very late part of the game.

Wait, really? Does it give a covenant badge that you can permanently switch to, because it's not doing anything for me.

Do I have to meet the minimum requirements of the talisman maybe?

Demoskinos

Okay, so about Siegward...

How in the holy fuck are you supposed to keep him alive during the Yhorm fight? I literally walked in, he joined me, I ran to the other side of the room to pick up the Sword, and when I turned around, he was dead...I got an extra Stormruler, his shield, and his armor set as pick ups, but did I miss out on anything by him dying during this fight?

No the Titanite Slab is basically the big "reward" for doing his questline. His questline ends at Yhorm either way

Jharp

No,
no matter what, if u send Greirat to Lothric Castle, he will die there.

Edit: double post, my bad

According to the wiki page on Greirat, he can
be saved when sent to Lothric
, but no one is sure how yet:
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Greirat+of+the+Undead+Settlement
"He will request to leave for a third time to Lothric Castle. The conditions for his safe return are unclear as of yet, but he survived when being sent AFTER the two dragons had been defeated and the Consumed King's Garden location had been fully cleared. If he dies his corpse can be found on the roof at the archives, Patches will ask where he went, after patches comes back, he will sell new items."

ramyeon

Gave up on N
ameless King
for now and went on to L
othric Castle
. I can't even beat the regular Lothric Knight in the first room, what on Earth is going on with me today?! :(

lunlunqq

Wait, really? Does it give a covenant badge that you can permanently switch to, because it's not doing anything for me.

Do I have to meet the minimum requirements of the talisman maybe?

Not the talisman used to cast miracles. It's a covenant badge item called the "Warrior of Sunlight" you find in the hidden room with the estus soup in undead settlement. The house right past the big camp fire where a lot of dudes are worshipping something. You can drop into the hidden room via the hole on the floor.

Yoooo I just beat the N
ameless Fuck
. Turns out the easy way to beat him as a mage is to stick to being a mage. I used the moonlight greatsword for the first phase then switch to wand for the second. I kept just trying to use the greatsword for the second part. But keeping your distance with magic is so much easier because he uses easy to dodge attacks all the time and slow walks long enough to get in at least 3 casts of great heavy soul arrow.

Raw64life

Since I can't beat the N
ameless King
I went and wrapped up all the sideqeusts and any important items I missed using the guide. I also beat the Final Boss on my first try, since you don't have to end the game after beating him.

Just spent a few hours helping people with the N
ameless King
and was able to beat him a few times, but I can't beat him on my own in my game and I've yet to be able to summon a single person to help. I've tried at least 100 summons, all resulting in failure. It's the only thing I have left to do in the game. Very frustrating.

Draper

Not the talisman used to cast miracles. It's a covenant badge item called the "Warrior of Sunlight" you find in the hidden room with the estus soup in undead settlement. The house right past the big camp fire where a lot of dudes are worshipping something. You can drop into the hidden room via the hole on the floor.

Yep, I'm an idiot.

The 'Sunlight' talisman threw me off

Thanks!

Since I can't beat the N
ameless King
I went and wrapped up all the sideqeusts and any important items I missed using the guide. I also beat the Final Boss on my first try, since you don't have to end the game after beating him.

Just spent a few hours helping people with the N
ameless King
and was able to beat him a few times, but I can't beat him on my own in my game and I've yet to be able to summon a single person to help. I've tried at least 100 summons, all resulting in failure. It's the only thing I have left to do in the game. Very frustrating.

Are you loading up on lightning defense?

ramyeon

The difficulty spike in L
othric Castle
is insane. I use up half my Estus trying to take out the first enemy and then I turn a corner and there are two more of them. Fml.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just finished it, what an beautifully designed game. Miyazaki is a genius. The ending I got was
The End of Fire
. DS3 seemed like a love letter to fans of the Souls games and has probably surpassed DS1 as my favorite Souls game.

Starting NG+ with my Warrior class.

Level 90:

Vigor: 27
Endurance: 28
Vitality: 19
Strength: 56
Dexterity: 22

Should I focus on Dex or Vitality more on this run? Attunement is 6.

I think I remember reading a few pages back that leveling Endurance past 30 is basically a waste, IIRC.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
iirc yes.

Not working right now. Cooped at low level with a friend, did a bit of the first level (didn't kill Vordt). Then we wanted to try taking on the
dancer
early (lol) so he tried getting my OP character.... but my sign isn't showing up at all anymore.

silva1991

The difficulty spike in L
othric Castle
is insane. I use up half my Estus trying to take out the first enemy and then I turn a corner and there are two more of them. Fml.

Are you talking about the three knights after the
Dancer
? if so then ignore them. they are a waste of time and just light the next bonefire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom