• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

The five best bosses in the game ranked 1 to 5, made cryptic enough to avoid spoilers:

#5 is either understandable or deplorable for liking. Unfortunately, I think I have to assume it's the super garbage one.

#1 is the only true answer, tho.

sappyday

Ripped off Riposte's picture with a Top 5 bosses of my own. Spoiler free kind of, since there's no DSIII pictures in there. I wonder if anyone will get 5 haha. Big props to whoever figures it out. It's subtle.

dsiiitop5vopsy.jpg

Come at me on that list jabronis. It's da bess.
No ideas what boss fits

#1 is
nameless King
?

Zocano

Ripped off Riposte's picture with a Top 5 bosses of my own. Spoiler free kind of, since there's no DSIII pictures in there. I wonder if anyone will get 5 haha. Big props to whoever figures it out. It's subtle.

Come at me on that list jabronis. It's da bess.

Best guess:

Princes
Aldritch
Nameless King
Dancer
??? no clue but I'll guess Pontiff Sulyvahn

Brakke

Banned
Linked the Fire at level 100 and 50 hours. I did most everything you can in NG, I think. I screwed up the Siegmeyer quest so I missed Emit Force but otherwise got almost all the miracles, maxed out with Sunbros. Also I must've missed a gesture somewhere because I don't have that achievement. Will probably come back to it with a wiki open to clean up my missing achievements. I see on wikidot that you need to reach NG++ to get all the rings for the Platinum, so that's frustrating. Plus having to grind most of the covenants...

Good damn game. Real appropriate capstone to the trilogy.

Dark Souls > Lost Crowns DLC > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2.

daninthemix

Remember when people said, in this very thread, that shields WEREN'T viable.

loooooooooooool

We were talking about PVE and NG specifically. By the time you've got the stats to use Havel's Greatshield, the game has already ended.

* plus it's only obtained in one of the last game areas.

Up to 12 ears now, I can almost taste that last miracle...

I'm enjoying the Uchigatana a bit more now that I'm doing more than just mashing R1, and I kiiiiind of want to mix things up with the Great Scythe, but the hitboxes on its attacks are so wonky... Also, some guy tried to slap me with his greatshield so I kicked him and hit him twice and he exploded all 1200~ of his HP. I have no idea how that happened.

silva1991

The five best bosses in the game ranked 1 to 5, made cryptic enough to avoid spoilers:

Cgx5O6aW0AAa90D.jpg:orig

EDIT: Will twitter throw a fit if I use it for hotlinking?

Hahaha. I don't agree with the order, but it's pretty good pic.

I like both
SoC
and
NK
better than #1

not a fan of #5, but the music is pretty neat.

edit: oh you are probably referring to the other post

Wait is #3
Dragonslayer Armor

wut? I thought it was the
two princes.

nkarafo

Ok so i just gave
Eyes of a Fire Keeper
to the Fire Keeper in the Hub. And now she tells me
to kill her??

What should i do? Knowing Dark Souls, i don't want to do something i will regret so later in the game...

yeah the fight club has been surprisingly fun. Everybody respects the rule except the occasional douchebag who fucking sees you chugging your estus flasks at the beginning to show him you don't have any left, and he heals midway through the fight.

Why you gotta break my heart bro

Zocano

Ok so i just gave
Eyes of a Fire Keeper
to the Fire Keeper in the Hub. And now she tells me
to kill her??

What should i do? Knowing Dark Souls, i don't want to do something i will regret so later in the game...

Read what she says more carefully

i had 4 people chasing me a minute ago, rofl

somehow survived it (spam rolls and an invader who died immediately but distracted)

feel like the beginning of this could use some benny hill music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjG92vgV-g

this only reminds me how broken the fucking forward kick to shields is in PvP. Like how the fuck am I supposed to use a fucking tool the game has to counteract shield hogs if I can't land it due to the netcode not registering it?

edit: wait apparently it doesn't break the guard it just greatly reduces stamina. What the fuck. So a guy who put all points into endurance for stamina could just shrug it off? awesome.

Zocano

Can I really not summon a friend in an area where I already defeated the boss? Is so, that's really dumb.

That's been the case since Demon's

She says she will come back. but as far as i can understand, she loses the item i just gave her for some reason?

You're still missing what she's actually saying, listen to the whole thing

You made a decision with her and she's commenting on that decision

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
No more small white sign soapstones anymore, exclusions from Dark Souls 2 be damned.

Another baffling decision. Some of the coolest quality-of-life improvements from DS2 are missing (small soapstones, proper covenants, bonfire ascetics, etc.). At least they kept 4 rings slots, 3 weapons slots, double arrow types, zoomable crossbows and cancellable gestures.

joesmokey

Feels like I'm almost finished with NG. Just finished U
ntended
G
raves
. Man this game is long (not skipping content).

I think I'm going to build a new char rather than start with NG+. Pyromancy is strong end-game, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I want something more dynamic and something that lets me wear different armor sets.

ramyeon

Just beat D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
, second attempt. First attempt I was going really well and then he shoved me off the edge of the arena... Oh well. Wasn't too difficult, cool fight too.

MUnited83

For you.
Just invaded someone who just got to NK fight and I didn't get booted. So I was just behind the fog wall shouting "hey" over and over again while seeing some slight silluetes of the fight until the host ended up dying to NK. Still got muh invasion rewards lol

The whole game is friggin amazing A to Z but the part that elevated it for me to Demon's Souls level is
Anor Londo

Important: I am playing this game 100% w/o any knowledge so I did not now about that beforehand.

So I beat Pontiff and are looking around what next. I know Aldrich is somewhere there - the Deacons are here after all. I pass the Giant's Square and move up the stairs.

Hmm... Silver Knights with Dragon Bows? I remember that! So I move from roof to roof running up the slanted architecture, rolling under arrows and thinking to myself "man, they even took inspiration from Anor Londo in DaS3!"

I enter the Darkmoon Tomb and run down the secret path ready for some old school Gwyndolin boss battle etc. I was kind of "disappointed" that they used exactly the same "piece" with the big round room and the corridor leading up to the tomb. I mean I understand inspiration as Ithryll Dungeon being inspired by Tower of Latria, Smouldering Lake by Lost Izalith, Catacombs by well Catacombs :) etc. but this was straight up copy pasting.

(After that I got stuck for 2 days not knowing how to find Aldrich. I went to Ithryll Dungeon and Profaned Capital instead. Yesterday however I tried again to find something, anything after Pontiff.)

I finally find the lever and lo & behold the spinning escalator-elevator comes up. Again I am getting *really* disappointed in how it is straight up copy of Anor Londo. First time after 49 hours with the game. The very first feeling of real disappointment starts to creep in...

I go up.

And then I lay my eyes on the set of two different stairs going up and the sound note comes up with a big white text reading:

ANOR LONDO

I was... I was shellshocked. I stood there in awe, not believing what am I seeing and thinking how they played me like a fiddle... I simply could not move forward, could not process how unbelievably AMAZING this unveil was. No simple 10/10 game can do that. No simple AAA title does that. There is a piece of magic in work here. I cannot describe it with simple words.

I could not proceed. I spent like 30 minutes up there playing with the Binoculars, sightseeing the whole area, Anor Londo above, Ithryll below, Farron Keep in the distance, the Undead Settlement Giant Archer tower etc.

That moment, that part cemented DaS3 as being better than DaS1 for me. I would have never believed that I would be saying this one month ago.

And then battling Aldrich in the Ornstein & Smough room...fucking bravo!

Well done, From Software.

IJoel

Gankers in Irithyll when trying to get the two huge beasts down are the fucking worst. I'm getting invasions one right after the other.

Demon's was bad but I don't recall needing the sheer number of items

Like, 30 proofs of concord would be one thing, but 30 of those, and 30 shackles, and 30 swordgrass, etc. It seems way worse than anything else in the series. Plus my item drops are crap even with 390 discovery.

Greatswords and ultras either need an increase in swing speed or they need to stun more to compensate for their slower speed.

At least in pve have not tried any out in pvp yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom