• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greatswords and ultras either need an increase in swing speed or they need to stun more to compensate for their slower speed.

At least in pve have not tried any out in pvp yet.
They stun like hell in PvP.

I like facing people who use great swords and a large shield. They're always low on stamina and are easy to guard break lol.

Greatswords and ultras either need an increase in swing speed or they need to stun more to compensate for their slower speed.

At least in pve have not tried any out in pvp yet.
No fuck that

They already stagger like a motherfucker in pvp. If you land a hit you might as well kill off the dude right there. And most great sword dudes I see have armor with a lot of poise on so I can't stagger them unless I use something huge, which I don't

Easily worse farm than that. Proofs already take the same amount of time as Pure Bladestone and there are three other covenants that also need 30 items with horrendous droprate.

It has to be patched eventually right

I don't even care if they're rare normally but I feel like with 40 luck, the crystal sage rapier, gold serpent ring, mimic head, and rusted coin, the items should be dropping like candy. Instead they're dropping maybe 1/10 runs, if that

MilkBeard

Easily worse farm than that. Proofs already take the same amount of time as Pure Bladestone and there are three other covenants that also need 30 items with horrendous droprate.

This is nonsense. I maxed out Blademoon in a few hours. It can be done easily.

mizuk_i

Only the Blademoon item gave me trouble. Other ones had a decent droprate and you can cheese Mound Makers item.

From needs to rework the whole blue sentinels/protecting covenant. Like it's useless cause nobody will stay in the way of the blue covenant. It wouldn't be a hard fix. Make blue sentinels into a bro support system where if you get invaded a fellow blue sentinel is sent to help. Done.

MilkBeard

From needs to rework the whole blue sentinels/protecting covenant. Like it's useless cause nobody will stay in the way of the blue covenant. It wouldn't be a hard fix. Make blue sentinels into a bro support system where if you get invited a fellow blue sentinel is sent to help. Done.

I think this would be for the better. Or at least, Blue sentinels can be for Way of the Blue, and Darkmoon can be for any invade. Probably would have been for the better.

myco666

This is nonsense. I maxed out Blademoon in a few hours. It can be done easily.

Via PVE? Took me 6-9 hours to get them all with 400 item discovery. Got Pure Bladestone in same amount of time.

Only the Blademoon item gave me trouble. Other ones had a decent droprate and you can cheese Mound Makers item.

Yeah but that is already worst farm in the entire series and you need to farm other items as well.

MilkBeard

Via PVE? Took me 6-9 hours to get them all with 400 item discovery. Got Pure Bladestone in same amount of time.

Yeah but that is already worst farm in the entire series and you need to farm other items as well.

Nope, through the way it was intended. I never bothered with the farming for the drops. That, on the other hand, seems like a nightmare, that's why it's better to try and get summoned.

ISee

My first attempt at the last boss ended as predicted: I died.
But coming directly from He-who-must-not-be-named
(Nameless King)
I think this guy
(reincarnated Gwyn?)
is doable.

clicky

myco666

Nope, through the way it was intended. I never bothered with the farming for the drops. That, on the other hand, seems like a nightmare, that's why it's better to try and get summoned.

PVP method is much faster and painless for sure. But if that doesn't work like it doesn't work for me you are better of farming them or just dropping the trophy/achievement hunt entirely.

MilkBeard

PVP method is much faster and painless for sure. But if that doesn't work like it doesn't work for me you are better of farming them or just dropping the trophy/achievement hunt entirely.

I'm just curious, what's your level?

For example, I'm at level 101 now. Just equiped the emblem and I've gotten summoned twice in the past 10 minutes. I'm curious as to the parameters of when the best time in the game is to get summoned. I feel like there's a sweet spot around lvl 70-100.

SRTtoZ

1) There is a slight delay on rolling on the PC version (probaby all versions), and its annoying as FUCK. If you're not really good at rolling you probably dont notice but as someone who has used rolls for most DS games and BB, its shit in DS3. SHIT SHIT SHIT.

2) Get fucked
Nameless King. Beat yo ass with the Dragonslayer GreatShield.

I don't know how ya'll get summoned to help people. I equipped the covenant as soon as I got it, but no one uses Way of Blue that late in the game.

MilkBeard

I've been testing out the
Firelink Greatsword
after reinforcing it. I'm primarily a Dex user, but I have enough strength to use it. It scales relatively low, but the scale is equal with strength and dex. The great thing about the weapon is that it has a healthy amount of fire damage and yet it scales as well.

It's not even maxed and it's holding its own next to my other weapons which have been maxed and infused.

myco666

I'm just curious, what's your level?

For example, I'm at level 101 now. Just equiped the emblem and I've gotten summoned twice in the past 10 minutes. I'm curious as to the parameters of when the best time in the game is to get summoned. I feel like there's a sweet spot around lvl 70-100.

I did the farming at around lvl100 and used the covenant emblem the entire time (also checked if it works for other locations) and nothing. I also equipped it for entirety of my NG++ run where I was 120 and was never summoned.

Most of the bosses in the game are like that, unfortunately. Even on ng+ he's a cake walk. He supposedly has a bunch of interesting moves like summoning enemies that I've never seen because he dies so fast :/

I've seen him summon one lonely skeleton just as he died yesterday...looked like he turned into it after dying. At least got a chuckle out of that.

I'd rather see the Way of Blue relegated to an option that's turned on by default. That way people can turn it off if they...hate fun?, and the people who are too confused to even equip the WoB covenant item don't limit possible engagements.

Brakke

Banned
My first attempt at the last boss ended as predicted: I died.
But coming directly from He-who-must-not-be-named
(Nameless King)
I think this guy
(reincarnated Gwyn?)
is doable.

clicky

He's only
"Gwyn reincarnated" inasfar as every Lord who ever linked the fire is Gwyn reincarnated. Read the description of the soul that drops, he's an amalgam of previous fire linkers. That's why he cycles through different weapon types i.e. strength build with Great Sword, Dex & Pyromancy build, Sorcery build.

Jamaro85

It is so easy to screw up side quests with one little mistake. Regarding Si
egward:
I KNEW you were supposed to meet him in the kitchens before heading to the dungeons. I even saw the path to the kitchen from the lake but got distracted exploring by the cliff and ended up inadvertently wandering off the wrong direction into the dungeons. All I did was step into the area, I didn't hit the bonfire or go any further, but he was not in the kitchen when I went back to it. He's currently locked up in the dungeon, and from what I've read his quest is pretty much dead for me. I also waited to send Greirat to Irithyll after Siegward moved on from the Cathedral well, but I believe by not meeting Siegward in the kitchen I've killed off Greirat.

Just beat
Dragonslayer Armour
, second hardest boss so far (after
Abyss Watchers
).

Jesus,
Lothric Castle
runs like shit on PS4, terrible terrible performance.

Tingle

He's only
"Gwyn reincarnated" inasfar as every Lord who ever linked the fire is Gwyn reincarnated. Read the description of the soul that drops, he's an amalgam of previous fire linkers. That's why he cycles through different weapon types i.e. strength build with Great Sword, Dex & Pyromancy build, Sorcery build.

That's not true.
Gwyn linked the fire too, so the final boss should be Gwyn's soul just as much as everyone else. Nothing has implied the other people linking the fire were Gwyn reincarnated, the player character from DS1 certainly wasn't. Gwyn is a part of the final boss due to his own contribution from his soul, not from reincarnated people linking the fire. The movesets are both Dark Souls Player Characters and Gwyn because both linked the fire.

The Lamp

Eh, I think the game fluctuates. Some things are waaaay easier as a magic user and some as a melee.

There's not a single fight I've found up to -
Cathedral of the Deep
that I would say benefits a magic user, and the early spells are shit. Everybody is better off dodged and stabbed.

It is so easy to screw up side quests with one little mistake. Regarding Si
egward:
I KNEW you were supposed to meet him in the kitchens before heading to the dungeons. I even saw the path to the kitchen from the lake but got distracted exploring by the cliff and ended up inadvertently wandering off the wrong direction into the dungeons. All I did was step into the area, I didn't hit the bonfire or go any further, but he was not in the kitchen when I went back to it. He's currently locked up in the dungeon, and from what I've read his quest is pretty much dead for me. I also waited to send Greirat to Irithyll after Siegward moved on from the Cathedral well, but I believe by not meeting Siegward in the kitchen I've killed off Greirat.

Yup. I hate that kind of bullshit in games, personally.
I could never find Catarina after Undead Settlement. Apparently you had to talk to him halfway up the elevator in the tower but I could never figure out how to. I got to the kitchen before going to the Dungeon but he wasn't there. He hasn't been in my game at all since Undead Settlement. I hate his stupid quest, but I wanted his miracle

The Lamp

Not having much trouble at all even with soul arrows. Can't wait to get more spells

Really? With it taking like 3 damn seconds to launch one arrow and they take off a sliver of health of most enemies and you can't even aim it at shit unless you're relatively close to enemies that are usually pretty aggressive and quick in this game?

That shit was awful for a while. I did such little damage to anything until my intelligence got to level 22 or so.

Well, my SL1 No Upgrade run turned into a low upgrade run (Going to +2), but it's been going just fine! Made it through
The Catacombs and Wolnir
and I beat the fight I was most worried about starting the playthrough
Pontiff Sulyvahn (Youtube link)
. Man, I really had to work on my parry skills for this one, but it all worked out in the end!

I love this game much more now, and I look forward to playing through on a normal run again after this. I don't want to play anything else, haha.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Did it all by myself till I cleared out
Anor Londo
but summoned first time to
the frigid dancer fight
. So many attempts but I just couldn't learn his attackpattern for some reason.

Brakke

Banned
That's not true.
Gwyn linked the fire too, so the final boss should be Gwyn's soul just as much as everyone else. Nothing has implied the other people linking the fire were Gwyn reincarnated, the player character from DS1 certainly wasn't. Gwyn is a part of the final boss due to his own contribution from his soul, not from reincarnated people linking the fire. The movesets are both Dark Souls Player Characters and Gwyn because both linked the fire.

What you said didn't contridict what I said.

Bethell

Just completed the game. Feel like i've missed about on alot of areas as im only +11 Estus and +6. Hmmm. +9 Dark sword though, when should I dive into NG+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom