• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

Best way to do Aldrich faithful?

Ran through sunbros, mound makers, and rosaria's without much problem but Ive been sitting here forever waiting to be summoned for this thing to no luck. Is grinding out the silver knights really my only hope here? Ng+ dude at 120

Just equip that emblem and farm the deacons after
Pontiff
or the ones in
Anor Londo
. Should be rather painless since you only need 10 of those and the droprate is okayish and best case scenario you get summoned every once in a while.

mxgt

Banned
Are there any bosses or enemies that are particularly weak to bleed?

I'm doing a bleed playthrough at the moment using
Warden Twinblades
with high luck, and it's usually larger enemies.

The enemies with the cross on their back in
Crucifixion Woods
get rekt by it, and I found that
Abyss Watchers
were super easy too, went down really fast.

Of course the one time I complete
Siegward
's quest line is in the only run where 1v1 with Y
horm
might have actually been a challenge. That being said, what a great quest. I'm just sad that it was so damn easy to miss it in literally every other run I've had.

Lord Phol

Is there anyway to re-trigger the
beast
on the bridge in
Irithyll
? Or am I fucked for running away the first time?

KHlover

Banned
Chilling on the highest point of
Farron Keep
, in the secret area past
Stray Demon
, watching the invader succumbing to poison in the swamp below. Priceless :D

I think I've found my waifu

And all the painted world gear being near is kinda appropriate, so I guess FROM played me, by basically appealing to me the same way

pa22word

So what's the best farming get up? I have the crystal rapier, shield of want, gold serpent ring, and symbol of avarice all ready to go. I have some coins stored up, but not much. Any place or ashes required to buy them?

myco666

So what's the best farming get up? I have the crystal rapier, shield of want, gold serpent ring, and symbol of avarice all ready to go. I have some coins stored up, but not much. Any place or ashes required to buy them?

Shield of Want ups item discovery? I thought it didn't but yeah just equip all of those and if you can respec so that you have high luck. You get coins from Patches.

Tingle

You can buy bronze coins from
Patches.
If you can farm gold coins, I wouldn't know, but I would just go with bronze due to their ease of sustainability.

Shield of Want ups item discovery? I thought it didn't but yeah just equip all of those and if you can respec so that you have high luck. You get coins from Patches.

The shield of want raises the number of Souls dropped by enemies.

Cyrano

Coins,
Gold and Rusted, can eventually be purchased infinitely from Greirat (the char with the hood on in the cell in early Lothric - you get access to Gold Coins by helping him survive his second farming run, which is after you've opened up the portion of Lothric Castle after the Dancer), Rusted Coins can be purchased infinitely from Patches as well. Go to the wiki to learn more about how to get Greirat through his runs - it's a bit tricky if you've never done it before

One other thing I can say about Item Discovery is that it seems inconsistent. I'm not sure if Item Discovery actually improves the chances of finding items or just improves the quality of items when enemies do drop them. Would be very curious to know exactly how the formula works. I've seen people talking about using hacks that do indicate that enemies can only drop a maximum of five items at a time, not that it really helps anyone to know that.

Styles

Jesus, the questline for one of the NPCs is convoluted as HELL. Soo glad that I decided to read up on them before starting NG+, otherwise I would have been FUCKED.

Skirn

I beat the (late-game spoiler)
Ancient Wyvern yesterday... on the stairs. Having just now read the proper way of fighting the boss, I feel like an utter dumbass. The fight dragged on for what felt like an eternity and made me rage at the camera for the first time. I dealt 40-50 damage per swing on its hind legs and, if I was lucky, could sneak in a few hits on its belly or tail for a whopping 250 damage!
During the fight, all I was thinking was "something's wrong, this feel badly designed", hah.

SRTtoZ

Just finished it. Explored pretty much every square inch and my time was 31 hours. I found all 15 flasks and +10 bone shards. Found a ton of slabs so I can upgrade a bunch of weps but I primarily used the +5 Fume Ultra Greatsword and the Dark sword +10. Not sure when I'll jump into NG+ because might want to go into DS2 to try and compare them. I had fun but overall I think its the weakest game in the series, but I'll re-evaluate after I play DS2 again.

pa22word

Thanks for all the replies!

Another thing: do you explicitly have to be auto summoned to get the drop, or can you jump into a game/leave a summon sign to get those rewards for the auto summon covs?

Jolkien

Wow the story in these games is another level of terribleness. Thankfully the gameplay and sound design is amazing. Really wish the story would be better.

Quest Spoiler involving Anri
So she summons me to help her defeat a boss, which I do, then I fight her where I defeated Horace, both of them had no dialog they just engaged me. I just helped her 5 minutes after we are dueling to the death, not a single word spoken.

pa22word

Invade 2 kids turtling behind black knight shields.

Still win.
2 handed h
avel
shield bros are worse by far

I got three of them tonight, and beat all but one of them. The last one I didn't beat just because he started healing once I was about to kill him so I said fuck it and ran off a cliff. The key seems to be is have a weapon with really long reach and roll in completely asinine directions to bait a hit, then counter attack at the right time.

Based on my attempt at farming covenant items in DS2, I'm pretty sure it's deliberate across games. Covenant drops seem to be an offline failsafe, it's not meant to be easy.

(DS2 stuff before anybody gets confused) I soul mem'd myself out of summoning for awhile and wanted the Sun Sword so I tried farming the NPCs that dropped them w/ CoC infinite spawning. I had all the high discovery gear I could get and maybe got 7 drops after a 5 hours and gave up then sped through to later portions of the game with agape ring on where I could get summoned more easily.

I've tried PvP. I already have 19 swordgrass and 20 shackles from PvP+loot/minimal farming. Equipped the bluebros covenant right when I got it, and never got summoned to assist. Farmed wolfbros at level 30 for a long time, but eventually the summon time was just too long to justify waiting around. Mound-makers and Fingers are a total crapshoot - without another friendly phantom (likely players summoned to guard an area), your odds of getting ganked are super high. Between long wait times for defensive covenant summoning and gankfests for invasion covenants, I don't find PvP to be a reliable way to get items.

In DS2 the only farming I recall having to do for a covenant was killing the NPC red phantom 30 times for the bell tower covenant. Sure, there were sunlight medals, but co-op is reliable, easy, and benefits other players. I didn't mind getting 30 medals in DS2 or DS3 one bit.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I beat the (late-game spoiler)
Ancient Wyvern yesterday... on the stairs. Having just now read the proper way of fighting the boss, I feel like an utter dumbass. The fight dragged on for what felt like an eternity and made me rage at the camera for the first time. I dealt 40-50 damage per swing on its hind legs and, if I was lucky, could sneak in a few hits on its belly or tail for a whopping 250 damage!
During the fight, all I was thinking was "something's wrong, this feel badly designed", hah.
Dude how'd you miss the developer messages that are everywhere? Haha. If anything I felt they revealed too much too easily.

gaugebozo

Wow the story in these games is another level of terribleness. Thankfully the gameplay and sound design is amazing. Really wish the story would be better.

Quest Spoiler involving Anri
So she summons me to help her defeat a boss, which I do, then I fight her where I defeated Horace, both of them had no dialog they just engaged me. I just helped her 5 minutes after we are dueling to the death, not a single word spoken.

Did you tell her about Smoldering Lake? She goes hollow when she finds Horace, there's nothing for her anymore. Her quest is over and she lost her companion.

pa22word

I've tried PvP. I already have 19 swordgrass and 20 shackles from PvP+loot/minimal farming. Equipped the bluebros covenant right when I got it, and never got summoned to assist. Farmed wolfbros at level 30 for a long time, but eventually the summon time was just too long to justify waiting around. Mound-makers and Fingers are a total crapshoot - without another friendly phantom (likely players summoned to guard an area), your odds of getting ganked are super high. Between long wait times for defensive covenant summoning and gankfests for invasion covenants, I don't find PvP to be a reliable way to get items.

In DS2 the only farming I recall having to do for a covenant was killing the NPC red phantom 30 times for the bell tower covenant. Sure, there were sunlight medals, but co-op is reliable, easy, and benefits other players. I didn't mind getting 30 medals in DS2 or DS3 one bit.

Shackles and fingers are super easy to get a hold of man.

Go to the first lothric bonfire, PS bonfire, or Great Belfry bonfire and lay down a sign. I had the best time with shackles at lothric bonfire due to just about every other summon being a fight club and you don't have to kill the host in order to secure a shackle.

I beat this one poor bastard named Founder or something like 5 times tonight for super fast fingers. I don't know why in the world he kept summoning me >.>

Shackles and fingers are super easy to get a hold of man.

Go to the first lothric bonfire, PS bonfire, or Great Belfry bonfire and lay down a sign. I had the best time with shackles at lothric bonfire due to just about every other summon being a fight club and you don't have to kill the host in order to secure a shackle.

I beat this one poor bastard named Founder or something like 5 times tonight for super fast fingers. I don't know why in the world he kept summoning me >.>

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

MUnited83

For you.
but he/she was hollow from the start?

That is indeed correct but Hollows can remain sane as long as they have a objective or goal. If such is taken away from them, they usually lose their sanity.
No, he/she was undead. Hollow is when they lose all sense of self and turn into something like zombies. The enemies sitting and shaking their heads are hollow.

Edit: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Hollow
S/he was a Hollow. Horace is a Hollow too.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ahhh, but why was H
orace
hostile so early on then?
I never figured that one out
Unless he just got lost and went insane

Jolkien

Did you tell her about Smoldering Lake? She goes hollow when she finds Horace, there's nothing for her anymore. Her quest is over and she lost her companion.

I found Horace but did not told her since he was hostile, then I decided to kill him. I guess she was mad I killed him or something

A
ldrich
down on the second try, first one I died only due to
his second phase arrow rain being completely unexpectedly long and wide.

pa22word

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

1v1 is best at PS bonfire for pale tongues, whereas fight clubs happen more at the highwall for shackles. Great belfry is kind of annoying because a lot of the times dudes will spawn you and run straight to the fog door for shits and giggles, but if the other two aren't responding it's good to try there.

ramyeon

I found Horace but did not told her since he was hostile, then I decided to kill him. I guess she was mad I killed him or something
Anri always goes mad and attacks you at the end of that version of his/her quest line. She has slayed Aldrich, which was her only objective and therefore lost sight of herself and succumbed to her Hollowing.

It makes perfect sense for his/her character arc, I loved the storyline this time around especially.
I thought that's the right thing to do for her quest. I don't know!
Anri is destined to go Hollow unless you're following the Unsurption of Fire ending quest line. If you tell him/her about that place when Horace is alive still then she will die there. If you tell her after killing him then it doesn't matter, him/her going mad and attacking you is the correct ending for that version of his/her storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom