• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

Spent the last few hours farming for Concord tokens. My sanity is slowly slipping away but I'm up to nearly 20 of the blasted things. God bless The Symbol of Avirice without that boosting my item find this would be nearly impossible.

MUnited83

For you.
K, at the last boss now, let's do this!

Any hints or tips I should know?

giphy.gif

Cyrano

I suspect we're going to see a wave of people hiding behind great shields due to those Havel's videos just to piss people off.

Still, better than Estoc & Dark Sword R1 spammers.
About all I can say is I'm a bit sad to not see more Farron Greatsword users. It gets around so much of the dumb stuff and is exceptionally fun to use. Figured there would be tons of people using them but the number seems painfully small. I've probably had a couple hundred PvP matches and only remember 2 people using it. It's really great against the turtle style players too since the sword swings around back and can hit players behind a shield. I heard it got nerfed, but it sure doesn't seem like it to me. I win almost all of my matches with it 1v1. Seems like a great weapon to me. The low profile also makes you a really tough target to hit, especially for other ultra greatsword users.

ramyeon

Well that's a wrap. Lots of thoughts. Lots of feelings. Fuck, this was a really good game.

Took some selfies at the Kiln of the First Flame before doing what needed to be done.

http://i.imgur.com/qNPX12b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3EP45nP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zvNLQiH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Umv8zlj.jpg

I feel like my character's Instagram post would be something like this...

Just #usurpingthefire @ #thekilnofthefirstflame #sorrynotsorry

Speaking of which, what a badass ending! Some great shots in it.

http://i.imgur.com/6TVnkak.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RqvJFzy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Xbk7pBo.jpg

Where can I get a Vertebra Shackle? I killed the
pregnant tree boss
but now I'm not sure how to proceed. I read that I need to
kill some invading NPC but they never invade when I go to that area
. Any idea what to do next?

pa22word

People keep saying that, but I haven't found a single item to expand the store in hours.
Pretty sure it's dragon chaser's ashes from Archdragon Peak, in the dead end area full of mobs that's directly opposite from NK

Might be NG+ only though, because I don't remember being able to buy them outright on NG.

Cyrano

Where can I get a Vertebra Shackle? I killed the
pregnant tree boss
but now I'm not sure how to proceed. I read that I need to
kill some invading NPC but they never invade when I go to that area
. Any idea what to do next?
These are part of the
Mound-Maker's covenant and if you already beat the tree boss you need to wait a while before you can join them and start farming for them in earnest. You need to make Sirris your friend to join - consult the wiki to figure out how to do this
. Once you're part of the covenant, you get them for completing any duties assigned when invading or being summoned.

Ferr986

People keep saying that, but I haven't found a single item to expand the store in hours.

just finished Aldrich and trying to progress in the dungeons

it's and ash that you get later, and in an optional area
Archdragon Peak

Fuck The Nameless King...you son of a bitch !

Tbh I tried 4-5 times and I dropped him for now, and started a new character. I think it's an horrible boss.

Mind you, I did got stuck on OoK NG++ (first run) for like 2 hours and still though it was fair and I kept going till he went finally down. NK is just an horrible mess of camera, positioning.... I don't think it works with Souls combat. I'll eventually try it again when I feel like it. I did reach 2nd phase so I know I can do it, that phase was way easier (other than weird framerate).

NightOnyx

Anybody have some advice for playing co-op with someone new to the Soul's games? I've played them all, mostly by myself but with some summons to help out, but never as a straight up co-op game. He has watched me play, so he kind of gets the basics, but never really played them by himself. I figured he should probably play as a Pyromancer or another class with range attack since it would be easier for me to do the melee and keep him safer as host so he doesn't die.

Also, does your soul level not matter anymore? From what I've read it seems like as long as our passwords match, we can play together. I would prefer to bring my current character in. I don't remember my soul level but I'm at the swamp part of the Road of Sacrifices, so I'm a little ways in, even though I haven't been able to play as much as I would like. If I can bring that character in, will they either get nerfed or will the enemies get more difficult? Basically, would it be better to roll with a new character even though I know that means I'll have to run each area twice with my friend on co-op? Any other tips are welcomed as well.

web01

Sorcery is still strong early game, the proper way was always to buff sword / shield with magic.
Never to soul arrow everything.

Persona7

Banned
You mean Camera Flip King? :p

That boss was a pain but if you fight him at range the second phase is very predictable.

edit: Please describe your build/strategy? I very rarely beat more than two people, and even two is a rarity.

getting the jailers to activate their lantern is my strategy. Getting players to hit the mimic later on in the level is also good and causes enough chaos to get in there and take co-operators out.

finalflame

How the FUCK is
Champion Gundyr
so hard. FUCK. (late game spoilers)

And I just CAN'T get the timing right to parry him right, nor can I take the punishment of missing a parry.

These are part of the
Mound-Maker's covenant and if you already beat the tree boss you need to wait a while before you can join them and start farming for them in earnest. You need to make Sirris your friend to join - consult the wiki to figure out how to do this
. Once you're part of the covenant, you get them for completing any duties assigned when invading or being summoned.

Wow. Spent like an hour trying to get that thing! Haha! Maybe I should use a guide... 😵

What do you guys consider a good quality build weapon? I just beat the
Abyss Watchers
and I'm getting real sick of the Claymore (though it is really good).

Styles

Seeing so many people struggle with the Ch
ampion
on forums and streams makes me feel kinda good about myself for defeating him on my first try. hihi...

Agram

Any tips for N
ameless
K
ing
? He is destroying me in his second phase. It's been 3 days and I still haven't beat him.

Cyrano

How the FUCK is
Champion Gundyr
so hard. FUCK. (late game spoilers)

And I just CAN'T get the timing right to parry him right, nor can I take the punishment of missing a parry.
Yeah, stop trying to parry bosses. Parrying is mostly for PvP - isn't all that great in PvE because it's difficult to know what can and can't be parried. Gundyr in
Untended Graves
is very easy if you just circle strafe and wait for downtime between attacks.
Any tips for N
ameless
K
ing
? He is destroying me in his second phase. It's been 3 days and I still haven't beat him.
If you wanna cheese, get enough stats to use a high stability shield and just block everything the boss does (poke him to death with a spear). Otherwise, it's just a matter of memorizing the patterns and when to roll. The iframe ring might help if you aren't already using it. If you're a caster it's considerably easier because there are fewer ranged attacks and they all have really obvious timings (first phase is tougher because the AoEs are harder to dodge).

Ogawa-san

Any tips for N
ameless
K
ing
You probably have a Carthus Bloodring, I'd give it a shot. It makes dodging stuff easier, and taking more damage doesn't matter since you'll die in two direct hits no matter what.

SkylineRKR

Any tips for N
ameless
K
ing

Punish him after his aerial dive. Hit 2 times at maximum and be ready to dodge a swipe or 2. Hit him no more than one time after this to be safe. Read his swings, evade towards them. I found him very similar to the
Princes
phase one fight.

Eccocid

If u get invaded by a naked man with a pope hat and holding torch with 2 hands, Do not attack!

I am your guide in the lands of Lothric! I will show you the way and applause you everytime you kill a mob lol.

I did this to several ppl last night it took me some time to earn their respect but it was fun, even tho i was a dark spirit ppl stopped attacking to me. ahhaa

Tho it is tempting.....sometimes i will like switching my torch with ultra great sword and back stab them sice i get like zillions of oppotunities for it lol

Cyrano

Wow. Spent like an hour trying to get that thing! Haha! Maybe I should use a guide... ��
I would say that's a good idea. ;)
getting the jailers to activate their lantern is my strategy. Getting players to hit the mimic later on in the level is also good and causes enough chaos to get in there and take co-operators out.
Interesting. Hadn't really thought a whole lot about using environmental hazards as a way of divide and conquer. Will have to try that.

xVodevil

Well this game was FUN! But man, I had to coop almost every boss after the first few. I just couldn't handle them... but on the other hand they are almost too easy with help...

Cyrano

What are the best items to get from Transposing Souls as a Strength character? I can't decide what to pick.
Why not just get
Smough's Great Hammer from Irithyll
? It's probably one of, if not the best PvE hammer/STR weapon out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom