• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Barely worth it unless you get your Item Discovery way over 300 some other way. Before I got the mimic head from other gaffer I got barely any drops in two hours. I don't understand why From decided that the mimic head isn't guaranteed drop.

Its guaranteed if you kill all mimics in 1 play trough as far as I've heard

Never got one and there are other people who also never got it after killing them all unless there is one super hidden one.
It will randomly spawn in one of the locations where one of the mimics you killed died. Apparently it's random but for me it spawned in Lothric Castle.

Annoying as fuck because I had to run around checking every spot.

pa22word

Never got one and there are other people who also never got it after killing them all unless there is one super hidden one.

Did you remember to go back and kill the one at wall of Lothric after killing the dragon later?

That seems to be one I would think a lot of people would miss.

Also, there's a really well hid one in Lothric proper right before ds armor you probably missed.

Cyrano

If you're sure, and the last one you killed didn't drop it,
the Symbol of Avarice spawns at a place where a Mimic previously was (it's random, as far as I'm aware)

Plum

Just got the 5 dark sigils. I'm Level 29 and have only just defeated V
ordt
(second character).

How much in terms of souls will getting rid of the Dark Sigils be at this point? I'll have to grind 20,000 for the Tower Key, 10,000 or so for the rings I want to buy then cure the dark sigils on top of that.

myco666

It will randomly spawn in one of the locations where one of the mimics you killed died. Apparently it's random but for me it spawned in Lothric Castle.

Annoying as fuck because I had to run around checking every spot.

What a awful design if it actually works like that. Still I went through all locations on a Mimic list I found.

Did you remember to go back and kill the one at wall of Lothric after killing the dragon later?

That seems to be one I would think a lot of people would miss.

Also, there's a really well hid one in Lothric proper right before ds armor you probably missed.

Yup got that one and it didn't spawn there.

Shifty

Just got the 5 dark sigils. I'm Level 29 and have only just defeated V
ordt
(second character).

How much in terms of souls will getting rid of the Dark Sigils be at this point? I'll have to grind 20,000 for the Tower Key, 10,000 or so for the rings I want to buy then cure the dark sigils on top of that.

5x your current level up price, plus a bit to account for the price increase between levels.

Do it ASAP.

SkylineRKR

I wouldn't bet on the Symbol being a guaranteed drop with so many conflicting reports.

If you have just one still alive, put it to sleep and hit it awake and repeat until you get it. Took me 2 minutes to get it.

test_account

XP-39C²
How does the Blue Sentinel covenant work? I equip the item, but i never get summoned.

Also, is there a way to obtain the covenant rewards without having to do those tasks? I know that some can be grinded from enemies, but not all? In Dark Souls 2, its possible to for example buy two miracles in NG++ that are covenant rewards.

EDIT: Same thing goes for the other covenants that have auto summon as well. I've never got summoned once.

Kaname

How does the Blue Sentinel covenant work? I equip the item, but i never get summoned.

Also, is there a way to obtain the covenant rewards without having to do those tasks? I know that some can be grinded from enemies, but not all? In Dark Souls 2, its possible to for example buy two miracles in NG++ that are covenant rewards.

You can farm those from the Silver Knights in
Anor Londo
. Which is what I'm doing. It's taking a shit ton of time though, I spent like 7-8 hours and I'm still missing 10 of those.

pa22word

So is new game + exactly the same as the first playthrough?

No, but the difference is mostly negligible compared to ds2, sadly.

Enemies have longer health bars but I don't know if they do much more damage. I never really noticed that they did on my run, and my vigor stayed the same as I stopped leveling.

You also can pick up some new +1 rings, but really ng+ is pretty missable this time around unless you're a die hard or doing the cheevo grind.

Holy shit at the symbol of avarice mechanics Im reading. Gonna have to scout all over the world? :_(

There's an area in the game where there are two mimics right next to each other (because posts didn't exaggerate about how rare non-mimic chests are in the game), and if you put on a Gold Serpent Ring, you can keep throwing a Hunter's Talisman between them to get them both to open to roll for the Symbol of Avarace. If you don't get it, just wait until they close again and throw another one.

test_account

XP-39C²
You can farm those from the Silver Knights in
Anor Londo
. Which is what I'm doing. It's taking a shit ton of time though, I spent like 7-8 hours and I'm still missing 10 of those.
Good to know that its at least possible to get it another way, but i'd hope to avoid that type of grinding. Reminds me of Pure Bladestone farming from Demon's Souls :)

Strange that its so hard to get summoned though. I've also set match making to worldwide.

LiK

Getting summoned as a Sunbro is super fast and easy. I had no trouble there. And Blue Sentinels automatically got summoned when I was wearing the Way of the Blue badge. Seems fine for me. MM is also set to worldwide.

Where is the farm spot for mound makers? I absolutely cannot deal with the lag in PvP.

Carthus Catacombs bonfire. Kill those red skeletons near where the rolling ball of skeletons starts.
seems the droprate is alright. Got two in 30 min but then nothing but shards and gear. Gonna farm later and see how it goes, can't be any worse than Concords.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man I wish I'd gotten a dark sword before finishing my first playthrough. Farmed one last night and got it to +10 refined and it just destroys.

pa22word

Good to know that its at least possible to get it another way, but i'd hope to avoid that type of grinding. Reminds me of Pure Bladestone farming from Demon's Souls :)

Strange that its so hard to get summoned though. I've also set match making to worldwide.

I follow the line that auto matchmaking is just totally busted at the moment.

Ferr986

There's an area in the game where there are two mimics right next to each other (because posts didn't exaggerate about how rare non-mimic chests are in the game), and if you put on a Gold Serpent Ring, you can keep throwing a Hunter's Talisman between them to get them both to open to roll for the Symbol of Avarace. If you don't get it, just wait until they close again and throw another one.

Thanks, will try it!

LiK

Man I wish I'd gotten a dark sword before finishing my first playthrough. Farmed one last night and got it to +10 refined and it just destroys.

Seems like it drops easy. I was farming for them and got like 8 in a few runs with just Covetus Gold Ring and using a Rusty Coin. My Luck was only 7. Sold all but two.

As a DS noob and someone who is tired of the typical AAA stuff, the thing I absolutely love the most about this game is that I can't wrap my head around it. Every time I crack a layer of this game, it gets deeper and deeper. It's mind blowing.

I went into this game expecting to absolutely hate the boss battles (and really enjoy exploring the environments and regular enemies)... annnd now I have 76 Sunlight Medals. Not really even that far into the game either—the last boss I killed was A
byss Watchers
. It's just really fun to redo the boss fights. And to get easy souls.

AngryMoth

I really want to like this game but playing through it again to make a pvp build I am feeling really down on it. Especially the first half of the game, undead settlement is the only area I like and AW is the only decent boss. And I'm finding it really difficult to find a build I like cos of how the game is balanced. I'm trying to like it but I seem to be falling off this game really quickly

eot

Banned
Man, that one part in A
rchdragon
P
eak
is just brutal.
Getting out to the place with the twinkling dragon torso. I died on the last giant guy with the chain axe so many times after carefully pulling and fighting all the enemies one by one. The second to last time I basically had him dead, and then he does a grab attack that I'd never seen before and kills me.

Also in that area,
can you parry Havel when he 2-hands his weapon? I can parry him no problem in the beginning of the fight, but I tried sooo many times to do it after he does his armor thing and I would just get partial parry after partial parry.

Ok so I just started with the Vertabrae Shackles Covenant thing.

What exactly am I meant to be doing? Guy summons me and we just fight? If I kill him I get a Vertabrae Shackle?

I guess I don't get what the difference is to red invasion thing.

LiK

Ok so I just started with the Vertabrae Shackles Covenant thing.

What exactly am I meant to be doing? Guy summons me and we just fight? If I kill him I get a Vertabrae Shackle?

I guess I don't get what the difference is to red invasion thing.

If you're purple, you can help host or kill them. You're basically not tied to being an invader or coop buddy.

If you're purple, you can help host or kill them. You're basically not tied to being an invader or coop buddy.

I just wondered cause a person would summon me then just start wanting to fight so I guessed it was just a PVP thing, wondered if there was any more to it.

Is there a particular area to go to where fun invasion battles go down? I don't like 1V1 as much as group madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom