• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Completed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2, but I'm not really enjoying this early on. Should I plough through? Still very early on at the 2nd bonfire in the first world proper.

Doesn't help I've wasted about an hour trying to kill that katana guy!

Don't waste time on that guy. Get him later.

Also 2nd bonfire is like tut area lol

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm pretty shocked at how quick the Souls community soured on this game. I'm pretty bummed out about it. The backlash with DS2 took way longer than this.

The thing is, I normally have a good balance of losing souls and making progress, but i've lost a LOT of souls in this first 5 hours and it's demoralising me a bit more than normal.

Frozone

Why is this game the best simulation of a samurai wielding a katana of any game out right now and it's an RPG that doesn't even focus on that? It amazes me that the fighting mechanic wielding a katana is very similar to Ninja Gaiden except on a more realistic less fast-paced system.

guys i have a question does armor make a big difference? I was using a tanky knight shield and 1h class. It was going well until I needed to dodge more rather than blocking. I was using the cathedral knight armor set. Which some of you may know is very heavy and reduces movement and dodging distance. But then i switched to the fallen knight set good defense and much lighter. I can dodge farther now and move faster. I was having trouble with abyss watchers until i made the armor switch got him down quick after that.
So my question is heavy armor mitigation worth it to sacrifice speed and movement?

Once you get damage absorption to about a value of 17 or so, the returns are minimal and not worth it.

Just make sure you have something equipped in each armor slot, don't run naked on any body part as that will lower your base value damage reduction. Beyond that, get your damage absorption to about 17 and you should be good to go.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Drop rate for the Vertebra shackes is unbelievably low. Got a 333 item find without any coins and I haven't gotten a single one in an hour of grinding.

Noobcraft

The chaos blade seems pretty good. Nice range and S scaling in Dex. I still get wrecked 9 times out of 10 when I'm invaded because I have 40 faith though lol.

KingKong

ENB seems to uhh.. not be very good at Dark Souls

and for someone who wrote the guides, he doesn't seem to understand where he is and misses obvious paths all the time

pixxxelz

Can you get the blue armor the red eye lothric knights have?

That thing looks sick but I don't think I've ever seen another player using it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
??? Where? I almost exclusively see positive things here and on reddit

Really? All I've been seeing these past few days is how bad it is compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2. Shit there was a ranking thread here and 2/3 of people put DSIII either last or second to last.

LiK

Another game where the host just hid. Pretty annoying. Last one before I try farming again cuz this is more boring.

Brohan

Question regarding assisting npcs in their world.. If things are going sour and you are sure that they are about to die.. What would be the way to save them? Returning to your own world? And how would that be done quickest?

Edit: i am about to assist
sirris
So any info would be appreciated.

Anyone?

E92 M3

Really? All I've been seeing these past few days is how bad it is compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2. Shit there was a ranking thread here and 2/3 of people put DSIII either last or second to last.

lol - Dark Souls 3 is the most consistent Souls game out. A lot of people still live of nostalgia. I love 3 as much as I love 1.

Bloodborne is fantastic as well.

usp84

I'm pretty shocked at how quick the Souls community soured on this game. I'm pretty bummed out about it. The backlash with DS2 took way longer than this.

I am not sure what you are talking about.This makes zero sense.The majority of the people who played the game like it.If someone puts it below dark souls 1 or bloodborne it doesnt mean that they dont like the game.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am not sure what you are talking about.This makes zero sense.The majority of the people who played the game like it.If someone puts it below dark souls 1 or bloodborne it doesnt mean that they dont like the game.

I've seen posts about how it's the most disappointing game of 2016, and how Miyazaki's finally made a bad game. There's a post here on GAF, about someone who can't wait until everyone hates the game. Anyway, I shouldn't care that much about other people's opinions. I'm sorry I brought it up in the first place. Just makes me sad is all. I really think DSIII is a masterpiece.

How did you do that?
I baited her into the corner of the room and kept the pillar between us. Her attacks don't go through it, and she doesn't move around it very quickly, so it was kind of a safe zone. After she finished one of her combos, I ran around and got a swipe in and then went back to the other side. Rinse and repeat.

shoreu

Those dam arrows are my biggest problem but I was always dodging out of them. I'll try it your way.

On phase 1 you have 2 options, you can press your luck while really really damn close to the boss and circle roll behind her to do more damage, or use a pillar. The first option nets you far more damage but you can die instantly if you mess up.

Phase 2 the lap is the only effective way I did it I took almost no damage.

LiK

I've seen nothing but positives about this game. People will complain about the janky online but that's expected.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Nah man I rank it as BB > DkS3 > ... Didn't really get into the others but DkS2 was a bit meh

Both BB and DkS3 have grabbed my attention for weeks each.
More or less played BB for months after it came out :D Wish the 2nd came to PC for some of that DSR goodness and stuff, but for now DkS3 will do just fine.

I am debating if I should get the season pass or not, but after todays play session I got
[CAUTION] INVALID GAME DATA HAS BEEN DETECTED
Out of fucking nowhere.

I backuped my save and deleted it from the %app% folder and verified files/deleted and reinstalled the game and its still there.
WHAT HAPPENED AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?

Like did I pick up an item for join someones bugged session or wtf?
Literally no information on whats "INVALID" or what even happened, and no statement on whats wrong at all.

Looked it up on google and apparently nobody knows wtf is going on :|

lol just got ganked 3 vs 1 then afterwards they all do the ego gesture like it was some big accomplishment. I'm just a lowly Shackle farmer. So mean.

Yes I know I invaded them. :p

The amount of people that play the game fully with 3 co-op friends surprises me.

Ostinatto

I have the Eyes of the F
ire
K
eeper
now,
i know this triggers an alternative ending, my question is, what are the main differences between normal ending and alternative ending? number of bosses? exclusive weapons and armor?
Thanks.

I think the game is fucking awesome and I haven't heard a lot of people doing much more than pointing out some issues, not so much lambasting the entire game. Maybe I'm just living in a vacuum but if the community has turned on it I haven't really noticed. I think they really need to give the covenants another pass, tweak those and definitely re-balance a few weapons to give people some more credible options but aside from the that I can't see how it's a "terrible game".

usp84

I've seen posts about how it's the most disappointing game of 2016, and how Miyazaki's finally made a bad game. Anyway, I shouldn't care that much about other people's opinions. I'm sorry I brought it up in the first place. Just makes me sad is all. I really think DSIII is a masterpiece.

Sounds to me like you pay attention too much to the bad comments which every single game will have.

Also lol at the comment "bad game"

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Nah man I rank it as BB > DkS3 > ... Didn't really get into the others but DkS2 was a bit meh

Both BB and DkS3 have grabbed my attention for weeks each.
More or less played BB for months after it came out :D Wish the 2nd came to PC for some of that DSR goodness and stuff, but for now DkS3 will do just fine.

I am debating if I should get the season pass or not, but after todays play session I got
Out of fucking nowhere.

I backuped my save and deleted it from the %app% folder and verified files/deleted and reinstalled the game and its still there.
WHAT HAPPENED AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?

Like did I pick up an item for join someones bugged session or wtf?
Literally no information on whats "INVALID" or what even happened, and no statement on whats wrong at all.

Looked it up on google and apparently nobody knows wtf is going on :|

Apparently that's pretty widespread on PC according to Oroboro. Lots of posts on Reddit on that too. If you PvP with a hacker, they can mess with your stats, and it doesn't show up in the menus. And you get flagged and banned despite being innocent.

It's fucking awful.

Sande

How the hell do you do anything with the auto invade covenants? I thought the problem was being over-leveled but even with my new character, who should be right around the ideal level, I just cannot invade as a Watchdog of Farron.

Grudy

On phase 1 you have 2 options, you can press your luck while really really damn close to the boss and circle roll behind her to do more damage, or use a pillar. The first option nets you far more damage but you can die instantly if you mess up.

Phase 2 the lap is the only effective way I did it I took almost no damage.

I tried the lap for a few tries but it creates a new problem of the boss spamming the big magic spear/ball thing (while I'm not looking at it cause I'm bad ;_;).

I JUST beat it though.

Skii

I'm going through the C
athedral of the Deep
with those two
Giants on the bottom floor
. I beat both of them and the D
eacons
boss and now I have the d
oll
. Is there anything else left of the area or do I go to Boreal Valley?

Btw, I activated two levers that raised some walls it looked like. Are they just there to function as barriers or something between you and the
giants
? Or do they act as ways to cross certain platforms? I'm really confused by them. I did end up in an area on top of the cathedral but after defeating the enemies up there, I jumped down on to a platform and there was nothing to do except make a risky jump to the second floor!

Noobcraft

I'm going through the C
athedral of the Deep
with those two
eacons
oll

Btw, I activated two levers that raised some walls it looked like. Are they just there to function as barriers or something between you and the
giants
? Or do they act as ways to cross certain platforms? I'm really confused by them. I did end up in an area on top of the cathedral but after defeating the enemies up there, I jumped down on to a platform and there was nothing to do except make a risky jump to the second floor!
There is a
covenant
available if you look around.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm going through the C
athedral of the Deep
with those two
eacons
oll

giants

I would stick around a little bit and try to find a particular NPC if you haven't. He should be near the switches you were talking about. Did you talk to Siegward in the well?

How the hell do you do anything with the auto invade covenants? I thought the problem was being over-leveled but even with my new character, who should be right around the ideal level, I just cannot invade as a Watchdog of Farron.

I would also like to know this. I've never once invaded as a Watchdog or Sentinel and I've had those covenants equipped for a couple hours total between them.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Apparently that's pretty widespread on PC according to Oroboro. Lots of posts on Reddit on that too. If you PvP with a hacker, they can mess with your stats, and it doesn't show up in the menus. And you get flagged and banned despite being innocent.

It's fucking awful.

wtf man :(

Yeah I'm gonna hold off on that Season Pass then, not much point in getting it if I get banned for some dickhead invading me or whatever.

From pliz :( I'm scared to continue my progression now, will I get banned if I continue and play it or what? :|

I would also like to know this. I've never once invaded as a Watchdog or Sentinel and I've had those covenants equipped for a couple hours total between them.

No idea but I had 2 watchdogs invade me above the ladder to farron.
God knows how that worked out, solo Sunbae being embered and all :p

Ferr986

??? Recepcion of the game has been really positive.

That doesn't mean the game has its problems and people speak about them.

Also, ranking a game last doesn't mean much. I rank DS2 last on my Souls list yet I think it's a worth DS sequel, a fucking awesome game and one that has a lot of undeserved hate.

What is your weapon level? I got summoned immediately in both covenants until I got my weapon to like +4 and +10.

iddqd

Might be just how you decide to read things then.
Only complains I keep hearing are either technical or that its "the third one", meaning its a bit heavy on the fan service sometimes.

Other then that, this is no DS2.

Dimmle

I'm sure a lot of the same people who languished over Dark Souls 2 not being a total rehash of 1 are equally disappointed with 3. There's definitely a contingent that just wanted Dark Souls again and neither sequel has been concerned with delivering that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom