• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreu

Yeah, I just ran past him, he can't follow past a certain point. It was then that I decided I needed a new weapon. I've only crept a few paces past that second bonfire and I was getting wrecked real fast.

The lag in pvp is insufferable man getting cut when not in a weapon's range pisses me off so much.

So I'm doing the A
nri
quest line. I killed
her partner in the Smouldering Lake
after already defeating
High Lord Wolnir and Pontiff Sulyvahn
. I talked to her in the church since then, but the
pilgrim
is not showing up where she is supposed to be. The next boss for me is A
ldrich
(fought and died once already). There is no
soapstone sign
there, so what am I missing to advance the quest?
Pretty sure you gotta go talk to Yuria in Firelink first

void666

Banned
So i used an ember to summon someone to help me. But everytime i get a "unable to summon" message. Apparently i'm being invaded or something because i can't use a bonfire or quit the game. Am i supposed to sit down and wait until the game decides to allow me to leave? Funny how the mad phantom summon worked.
I just jumped off a cliff and closed the game.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So can I brutalize everyone in the Firelink Shrine without fearing repercussions for NG+?

tumblr_nqi30cpvmp1r1tw0p91.gif

Except the old lady. Get everyone`s ashes to her, and buy that stuff since her inventory resets in NG+.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So i used an ember to summon someone to help me. But everytime i get a "unable to summon" message. Apparently i'm being invaded or something because i can't use a bonfire or quit the game. Am i supposed to sit down and wait until the game decides to allow me to leave? Funny how the mad phantom summon worked.

Just a very common bug in the game caused by trying to initiate any online play. It also causes a infinite loading loop when you try anything that causes loading. Force quit/restart is the only fix...

Sometimes when summons fail the game gets stuck in summoning mode or whatever you want to call it. I think it fixes itself after a while, but generally dying or closing the game fixes it faster.

linko9

Did anyone else expect that the crazy black-goo enemy stuff was going to be related to some major theme/plot of the game? The first boss in the game has it, and an enemy very early on in the high wall, and then you don't see it again until close to the end of the game. I expected it to pop up a lot, perhaps with other bosses, so it was a bit odd when it was never really explained, and didn't end up being anything important. Anyone have ideas about what it's supposed to be, if anything?

pa22word

congrats, y' got gud.

Uh, what?

Both of those areas are noticeably easier than the one he was having issues with. The only difficult thing about the
dungeon is the jailers
, and that's more annoying than hard. Even the boss is a pushover...

The next thing that ups Irithyll is Lothric
round 2, not dungeon.

Or did people seriously have problems with
rats, basket monsters we fought in the first area of the game, a copy pasted giant fight, and human wall things that you have to try to get hit by. I don't see how anyone could say anything that area, even Yohrm himself, is harder than the regular Irithyll warriors to take down.

Exuro

For being a Lord of Cinder
Yhorm the Giant
was a pretty boring boss fight. There were no moves that were hard to dodge or not see coming, and it took me a while as the only way it seemed to do damage was to
hit his head

jett

D-Member
tumblr_nqi30cpvmp1r1tw0p91.gif

Except the old lady. Get everyone`s ashes to her, and buy that stuff since her inventory resets in NG+.

I've actually bought most of the stuff she sells, just for fashion souls sakes. Not sure she actually has anything I really need lol.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
For being a Lord of Cinder
Yhorm the Giant
was a pretty boring boss fight. There were no moves that were hard to dodge or not see coming, and it took me a while as the only way it seemed to do damage was to
hit his head

That boss was epic IMO. Yeah he`s a bit on the easier side to dodge but Siegward and you using DeS Storm Rulers to fight him was epic. One of my favorite moments in the game.

I've actually bought most of the stuff she sells, just for fashion souls sakes. Not sure she actually has anything I really need lol.

I`d kill the NPCs that are wonky to get like Yuria and give her ashes to the Handmaiden before NG+ though.

void666

Banned
Just a very common bug in the game caused by trying to initiate any online play. It also causes a infinite loading loop when you try anything that causes loading. Force quit/restart is the only fix...

Sometimes when summons fail the game gets stuck in summoning mode or whatever you want to call it. I think it fixes itself after a while, but generally dying or closing the game fixes it faster.

Ok then. Thanks.

Oh well. I wasn't in the mood to play anymore anyway.

void666

Banned
fuck those crocodile dogs

I'm not dealing with their 1 hit chomp bullshit and no way to cheese them. I don't care what's down there.

Yeah, they're BS enemies. I just ignored (tried to) them and ran around collecting all the shinies. Took me a couple of tries but i did it.
There's
a covenant npc down there iirc.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
After reading your last few posts, now I'm confused.
Yorhm is the boss of the dungeon/capital area.

Wait Irythill Dungeon is one place. Profaned Capital is another. I'm going with places where a name pops out here. Is there a boss in the Dungeon itself?

pa22word

Wait Irythill Dungeon is one place. Profaned Capital is another. Is there a boss in the Dungeon itself?

They're really just one place. If you fully explore the environment you'll see they flow together.

Naming the last area like that makes me think they either cut a shit ton out of that section of the game or they just wanted an excuse to pop a bonfire down right there.

Yeah, they're BS enemies. I just ignored (tried to) them and ran around collecting all the shinies. Took me a couple of tries but i did it.
There's
a covenant npc down there iirc.

I know there is, but it's apparently for PvP and I've had my fill of PvP anyways in the fight club players are having.

Mupod

invading as a mad phantom in the area after
Pontiff
is exactly as hilarious as I expected it to be.

- half the people I invade have a group of white phantoms and sunbros, but that just means they also get red invaders AND faithful after them. PURE FUCKING CHAOS.
- in the unlikely event they don't have summons, protect them from the aldritch guys (but pretend I'm helping kill the host until the last minute)
- if they're alone and there's no other invaders,
Silver Knight cosplay with a greatbow
and hang out with the squad

and then like one in every 5 invasions you find a fight club which is also fun.

WHAT THE FUCK I
THRYLL
D
UNGEON
. WHY DO YOU HATE ME FROM

Place is already creepy as fuck with the
screamo treasure guys
and the shits that
sap your HP
, I keep walking with my torch out and the light hits
a fucking babyface ass creature clinging to a wall.

61ea489bcd2a22067e842a19530dc429.gif

Noped the FUCK out. Ran the fuck back to my bonfire. Closed the game.

THAT'S ENOUGH DARK SOULS FOR TODAY.

MilkBeard

So far, I've found the
Firelink Greatsword
has great hitstun in PvP. Gonna have to do more tests. It's a little on the slowside, but one of the faster Greatswords.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They're really just one place. If you fully explore the environment you'll see they flow together.

Ah I get you. It's like Irithyll and Anor Londo. But yeah I consider them separate places since there's a name card popping out on the screen.

MilkBeard

Pontiff

- half the people I invade have a group of white phantoms and sunbros, but that just means they also get red invaders AND faithful after them. PURE FUCKING CHAOS.
- in the unlikely event they don't have summons, protect them from the aldritch guys (but pretend I'm helping kill the host until the last minute)

Yeah, it's the best PvP area in the game. You will find everything there, except for Blade of the Darkmoon summons, sadly. Sometimes it happens, but rarely.

pa22word

Pontiff

Agreed, which is why it's so infuriating matching seems to be busted there on PC.

Mound makers have a much lower invasion threshold than either of the auto summons groups, yet invading there is always fast and painless while I could leave my computer running for hours waiting on a summon for the other two and never get connected.

Rizific

im about to fight the last boss. after killing him/her/it, will the game give me the option to continue my current game or will it force me into ng+?

there's nothing funnier than an invader when a fight club is going on. The guy will come in and attack one or two guys and everybody drops what they're doing and just rushes the dude to attack him. Usually it's dangerous since everyone can hurt each other but if there is friendly fire it's all in the name of killing the fuck spoiling the fun

gryvan

Yeah, it's the best PvP area in the game. You will find everything there, except for Blade of the Darkmoon summons, sadly. Sometimes it happens, but rarely.

I think i spent my days in farming for the covenant item instead of getting at least 1 summon...

BHK3

Banned
Is there a tutorial guide for the game? I got my friend into it and it's his first souls game but his complaint is the same as mine, you have to live off of I-frames from rolls to be able to do anything. Everything is a 4-5 hit combo and they all swing wildly. We were doing ok until we fought that infected zombie on the rooftop in the first area, then the next problem enemy was the ice soldier thing right outside the door to Road of Sacrifices. He can kill you in 1 hit and will instantly destroy your guard, I got lucky when I fought him and his attacks somehow missed me but it took my friend a very long time to beat him(he fell down the elevator).

His spirit is broken per se, there's no better equipment, or weapons, so aside from blocking what exactly do you do to really progress?

pa22word

there's nothing funnier than an invader when a fight club is going on. The guy will come in and attack one or two guys and everybody drops what they're doing and just rushes the dude to attack him. Usually it's dangerous since everyone can hurt each other but if there is friendly fire it's all in the name of killing the fuck spoiling the fun

Had a hilarious moment like that happen once when I was in mound makers grinding shackles.

I invaded, saw it was a fight club, so I just joined the party and wrestled around for about 20 mins. Then another MM dude shows up, bows, waves at everyone, then goes to sit down. I'm in the middle of a fight so I don't even see it happen before it was too late, but after one round of fighting he got up to walk down, then backstabbed and killed the host, netting me a shackle. Everyone was chasing his ass down when the room faded haha

Anybody else feel like the game ends out of nowhere? Also I think I got the bad ending because I had 5 sigils. So I probably never fought the "real" last boss(if there is one, dunno). The boss was a joke, I had people summoned and we just traded off tanking to beat him. Fight doesn't seem like it would be too hard solo aside from the
magic phase
. Also the boss was just... uh...
a fire man
? Nothing really epic like Gwynn with that music and his relentless assault, the DS2 boss was pretty bad too though, but Bloodborne had an awesome last 2 bosses, and a fantastic optional boss in the chalice dungeons. And all of it was story/lore related.
I can't remember any npc saying anything about the last boss of this game or any item lore either.

Thought the game was great otherwise. I'll have fun trying other builds and get the good(?) ending solo.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is there a tutorial guide for the game? I got my friend into it and it's his first souls game but his complaint is the same as mine, you have to live off of I-frames from rolls to be able to do anything. Everything is a 4-5 hit combo and they all swing wildly. We were doing ok until we fought that infected zombie on the rooftop in the first area, then the next problem enemy was the ice soldier thing right outside the door to Road of Sacrifices. He can kill you in 1 hit and will instantly destroy your guard, I got lucky when I fought him and his attacks somehow missed me but it took my friend a very long time to beat him(he fell down the elevator).

His spirit is broken per se, there's no better equipment, or weapons, so aside from blocking what exactly do you do to really progress?
There are guides on where to go and what to do, as for the ice mob you can rush the door behind him and open it, take the bonfire and cheese him in the door if needed.

Finally finished farming Wolf's Blood Swordgrass and got my 30 for the covenant rewards. Working on Vertebras at the same time and those aren't too bad although it is going quite slowly.

Now it's time for Proofs which are proving to be much more rare. This is going to be a pain. I'm beyond ready to move to NG+ at this point.

you know I'm genuinely surprised the farron greatsword isn't used more in PvP. The whole spinning around/breakdancing move is fucking annoying if the person doesn't dodge back/sideways.

pa22word

Hey I'm planning on doing a dex run and shooting for the third ending. Was wondering if the "effects" of said run are just aesthetic or do I have to worry about game side effects for them?

you know I'm genuinely surprised the farron greatsword isn't used more in PvP. The whole spinning around/breakdancing move is fucking annoying if the person doesn't dodge back/sideways.

Once you see it once, it's easy to get away from it. I kill everyone I see using it because they burn their stamina down dancing around while I roll backwards and close in for a long death combo once they stop spinning.

MilkBeard

There are tons of vids on youtube, you need only search. There are vids for probably every kind of skill in the game.

ramyeon

As usual invading is almost pointless for me. The delay is just impossible to deal with - getting hit from attacks I dodge and not hitting when I can see it connects is infuriating.

As usual invading is almost pointless for me. The delay is just impossible to deal with - getting hit from attacks I dodge and not hitting when I can see it connects is infuriating.

ghost range with great weapons is annoying. It's not as broken as dodging in DS2, but it still is annoying.

Just finished the game. Oddly enough the only bosses I beat on the first try were the first and last. I thought P
rincess
and N
ameless King
were WAY harder. Pretty sure on those two bosses I spend 4+ hours combined? Loved the game overall, might be my favorite of the series but idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom