• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacejaws

Oh shit so I was struggling at A
byss
W
atchers
on about +10 tries trying solo and each of the summons available.

I was at SL39 and didnt want to breach 40 cause I'm trying not to just overlevel but I though fuck it I've been investing alot of points in faith as a herald for
lightening spear I found nearby
so I decided to get 2 more soul levels, summoned
pale londor shade
and beat him without so much as a sweat. So fucking relived!

Demoskinos

So, I'm done with the covenant item grind. And having farmed Silver Knights for hours on end to get these dumb ears for the Darkmoon Ring/Spell I'm left with 3 million souls and not sure what to do with them. It be a shame to waste them but at the same time... I'd like to be able to summon help especially since I'm going to have to do NG+,++ and +++ for the stupid Platinum trophy.

I'm at Soul Level 100 right now. Should I go any higher?

Sullichin

So, I'm done with the covenant item grind. And having farmed Silver Knights for hours on end to get these dumb ears for the Darkmoon Ring/Spell I'm left with 3 million souls and not sure what to do with them. It be a shame to waste them but at the same time... I'd like to be able to summon help especially since I'm going to have to do NG+,++ and +++ for the stupid Platinum trophy.

Definitely a ton of people playing around SL120.

Rottmer

Neo Member

It depends if your build is done. SL100 is more than enough to be able to do continuous NG+ because the difference in power isn't really that huge. I'm on NG++ at SL100, with a completed build. Though, I found that at 120 it was harder to find people to co-op with; at that point, its all just PvP people. You can still do PvP just fine with people at 100 because it searches people from 80 to 120, so you'll still get matched up with the people at 120 for PvP.

Demoskinos

Why are people summoning mad spirits just to gank them 3v1? I don't get it, do they gain anything from it?

Farming shackles. If a Mad spirit kills the host or a phantom he gets one and equally if a mad spirit is killed the killer of the spirit gets one.

ramyeon

Farming shackles. If a Mad spirit kills the host or a phantom he gets one and equally if a mad spirit is killed the killer of the spirit gets one.
Ah okay, I guess that's the easiest way to do it then... Luckily people summoning for 1v1 outnumber those wanting to gang up.

Son of a bitch :|. The stupid axe-chucking salamanderdudes at the Peak still do damage with the axe as they're pulling it back to them. I just spent the last few minutes dicking around with some invader and the way of blue guy that called me in, fighting allll of the things, and then that one little chip killed me. I hope you won in the end, hostguy.

Cyrano

Son of a bitch :|. The stupid axe-chucking salamanderdudes at the Peak still do damage with the axe as they're pulling it back to them. I just spent the last few minutes dicking around with some invader and the way of blue guy that called me in, fighting allll of the things, and then that one little chip killed me. I hope you won in the end, hostguy.
My advice: run past them and light the bonfires the first run through - fighting them is a waste of time (especially the big ones). If you're with someone else, use them as a distraction to backstab them. As much as possible, avoid letting them the swing. They're far more difficult to dodge due to their odd timings than most other enemies in the game.

LiK

Officially in NG+. Can't wait to just find all the +1 rings, complete the Gestures and get a few spells etc to grab those trophies. After that, I guess I have NG++ to complete for the final ending and another spell. Man, I really hate how they tied certain spells to NPC quests.

ramyeon

The amount of rapier R1 spam I'm encountering trying to farm Shackles is disturbing. I mean what's the point? It's not even fun.

My advice: run past them and light the bonfires the first run through - fighting them is a waste of time (especially the big ones). If you're with someone else, use them as a distraction to backstab them. As much as possible, avoid letting them the swing. They're far more difficult to dodge due to their odd timings than most other enemies in the game.
I wasn't having any problems getting past them, I just didn't know the axe was hot the whole time it was moving. So I didn't block/get out of the way when I knew it was sliding back through me after the main part of the 'attack'. And I'm pretty sure you can't backstab the big guys...

Well, fuck the (Boss)
Nameless King!
killed me like 15 times,
I can pass first phase quite easy, I waste 0 to 4 estus depending on my performance, but second phase is quite hard to learn his attacks, he doesn't give me much window to heal so I must dodge like crazy if I make a mistake. I only manage to take 50% of his life but then he spams lighting all over the place.

Going to sleep now, I'll try against tomorrow. At least I'm lasting more than two seconds now. -_-

Dominator

This game was rad, just finished. The ending I got was kinda shit though,
my guy just sat at the bonfire after killing the final boss, that's it.

Gideon Zhi

Neo Member
Can anyone help out with shackles? I've been trying to do as much as possible in NG before moving on to NG+, and this is pretty much the last thing I have left. Sick of getting triple-teamed, sick of fight clubs, and sick of farming. PC version.

Dahbomb

This game was rad, just finished. The ending I got was kinda shit though,
my guy just sat at the bonfire after killing the final boss, that's it.
You became the final boss for the next guy lol.

Notice how the final boss is sitting in the exact same pose when you go to fight him.

Though this is standard stuff for Souls games.

kagamin

PVP at level 100+ seems bad, someone getting 2-shot at the same level with comparable weapon scaling while they deal damage in the 300s, that seems off to me..

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't understand what hollowing does, other than change the ending, even after reading about it on the Dark Souls 3 wiki. Are there any negative effects to having a ton of hollowings if I don't care about the ending? I just want to be more powerful, at any price.

Apparently the only negative effects are: you look awful, and the amount of phantoms you can summon are reduced and *apparently* it will be harder for you to see summon signs.

Dominator

You became the final boss for the next guy lol.

Notice how the final boss is sitting in the exact same pose when you go to fight him.

Though this is standard stuff for Souls games.
Huh, didn't even think of that. It's not so bad when you realize it that way I suppose.

ramyeon

I want to PVP against more people who do more than just R1 spam Dark Sword or Rapier. I think I've had like a handful of interesting fights out of 30 odd ones today.

Sharp Exile Greatsword +7 is a monster! One parry attack to
Pontiff Sulyvahn
nearly took half its health bar off from his opening attack. Was testing earlier the timing of his attacks since I'm trying to go for a perfect run against him. His combos can be vicious, though. Got damn!

I have no idea who these people are, but I just got bluebro'd into a world with two phantoms and two invaders, and more invaders kept showing up after we'd kill one. At one point a red phantom showed up as I was fighting this one mad phantom, and killed the poor guy. Then he got laser'd. Got a whole five ears out of it~

e: aaand then my framerate died when I got summoned to some guy in a completely different zone, and the game kicked me out ;-;

Dancer's armor set looks incredible. I just wish the transparent blue cape was part of the torso and not the helmet as I like to show my character's face.

fuck yeah :D

55bTYpE.jpg

MilkBeard

Yep last boss was shit so was the final area. DS1 had a Fucking epic area that felt so awesome to walk around in. Felt so dark an ominous and the way it all looked. Then the fight was cool as the character had a back story. This guy was just. Random boss number 10 lol. He's dead easy even solo. I used dry fingers are he got ganked hard by 4 players lol.

DS1's area felt rushed and empty to me. Just a stretch of ash area with a few black knights in it. DS3's area was basically similar to that, with more visual flair.

I dunno, you have to not be paying any attention to the Fire Keeper and Ludleth's words to not know the game was ending.

Dancer's armor set looks incredible. I just wish the transparent blue cape was part of the torso and not the helmet as I like to show my character's face.

Wow. I said the EXACT same thing to my Brother when I got the armour the other day. THE EXACT SAME THING!

The Dancer's helmet is the first helmet I've ever worn in a Souls game purely because I love the blue cape so much.

Landford

Banned
Just finished with the
The End of Fire
ending. Gameplay was Souls Peak so far (With the sole exception of the FP system) but lorewise and location wise, it was such a letdown. It feels the whole experience was actually Myazaki remaking
DS1
and "completing" things he had to cut down than an actual sequel. The high points of the game were actually
Straight up ported from DS1
and the references to that game were so unexpectedly in your face that it made it feel very off, sometimes.

Not that anyone cares, but to me its weirdly in order of quality DS1>DS2>DS3.

I'm at the end of my NG+ game and just now realized I made everything harder on myself all this time by not burning undead bone shards ever. I always try to save things just in case, and made an incorrect assumption that they needed to be applied to individual bonfires... which is why I sat on them. smh.

I'm gonna replay from scratch as deprived and go for everything I already know I want, and stay at 100.

Alright! Took down the D
ancer
early after being stuck on A
ldrich
for a while! That was a hard one, I really had to do a whole lot of hit and run in phase 2. Now I have the Strength enhancing ring and can hopefully use it to help in my fights.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Seeing so many people struggle with the Ch
ampion
on forums and streams makes me feel kinda good about myself for defeating him on my first try. hihi...
Same haha.

I just had a pretty funny Mound-Maker invasion just now. It ended up being a 1 vs 4 that I somehow won.

Completely due to my superior planning and skill.
/s

https://youtu.be/g9GYP553rTI
Haha, awesome.

So I'm noticing that the respec option from
Rosaria's covenant
seems like kind of a ripoff. The amount of points I get to dump back into my character are less than what I had going in.
That's weird. Did you use free levels from Yoel?

lol never understood this... smh no you dont... i got close to level 300 in ds2 on pc and invading and pvp never stopped...

really dont understand why ppl limit their levels
Uh, good luck summoning anyone at level 300 in any game outside of DS2... you'll be out of range of everyone.

This means I can create 9 more

Tongue
but hole

messages!
LOL bruh so creative and original1!!1
/s

pa22word

Stay locked onto him. If you lose your lock on (which you normally shouldn't throughout that fight), that means he's doing that flame attack. He also has a sound cue for it.

I still cannot fathom why people have issues with that move. The boss literally shoots straight up in the air, sits there for like 20 seconds, then bellows a clear as day aoe blast downward. It's not even close to the first boss in the game to have an aoe attack like that, so just do what you always do on aoe...run out of the area of effect. It's not like the arena is small and cramped so you'll get boned either. It's probably 2x over the biggest boss room in the game.

Idk, I just don't understand. Like I've been summoned to that fight over 20 times and seen people die to it constantly while I'm halfway across the map already shaking my head.

Apparently the only negative effects are: you look awful, and the amount of phantoms you can summon are reduced and *apparently* it will be harder for you to see summon signs.

Thanks. If those are the only downsides, I'll just stay hollowed and keep the extra levels. I need all the help I can get in this game.

SeanTSC

I have 11.5 million souls burning a hole in my pocket, but have to stay at 100 =/

Man, I just can't play like that. It's an RPG and I want to keep building up my character and leveling through the whole game. I so happily get into the low and mid 200s pretty easily in Soulsborne games just by naturally playing and spending and leveling.

I get that people want some set PVP community with "perfect" builds for X stat ranges that keeps people all together, but I just can't purposely play an RPG like that.

And I kinda feel like it hurts it for people who want to play naturally with others through NG+ and beyond in the long term. Thankfully I still saw a fair number of co-op signs going through NG+ and ending up at 185. Hopefully I'll still see some as I get into the low 200s through my NG++ playthrough, but I'm sure within a couple weeks that won't be possible. It's kind of a downer that I rarely get invaded too, there's just no wondering or sense of danger if someone is going to pop in at any moment and I always run around Embered up.

Meccs

I don't think those two gameplay changes are confirmed, only rumored. I don't think it's true.
I don't think they are true at all! But I'll skip the extra levels for my second character since I got "that ending" on my first and I finally managed to make a good looking one.

Two questions regarding achievements:

1. Is the "Acquire all rings" one a NG+ thing or do I just need all the normal ones?
"To Link the First Flame" and "The End of Fire"
at what point do the story lines separate? I can't figure that one out.

The endings guide on fextralife seems to be wrong. Is there no achievement for
Lord of Hollows
?

Footos22

I don't think those two gameplay changes are confirmed, only rumored. I don't think it's true.

Im 99 hollowed and still see a ridiculous amount of summon signs. I don't summon anyone unless you have to for an npc questline. so im not sure if that parts true or not.

Ogawa-san

I have 11.5 million souls burning a hole in my pocket, but have to stay at 100 =/
I just buy upgrading mats, after the final boss everything but slab goes on infinite supply. It's not like there's anything else to spend them on, plus I can go around without fearing losing them. It's... liberating.

But if it wasn't for co-op I'd be lv300 by now, just because I could.

myco666

I don't think they are true at all! But I'll skip the extra levels for my second character since I got "that ending" on my first and I finally managed to make a good looking one.

Two questions regarding achievements:

1. Is the "Acquire all rings" one a NG+ thing or do I just need all the normal ones?
"To Link the First Flame" and "The End of Fire"
at what point do the story lines separate? I can't figure that one out.

1. You need all the exclusive rings from NG+ and from NG++ for the achievement.
Just choose after the final boss. Summon the firekeeper for ending the fire and sit at the bonfire for Link the First Flame.

pa22word

Man, I just can't play like that. It's an RPG and I want to keep building up my character and leveling through the whole game. I so happily get into the low and mid 200s pretty easily in Soulsborne games just by naturally playing and spending and leveling.

I get that people want some set PVP community with "perfect" builds for X stat ranges that keeps people all together, but I just can't purposely play an RPG like that.

And I kinda feel like it hurts it for people who want to play naturally with others through NG+ and beyond in the long term. Thankfully I still saw a fair number of co-op signs going through NG+ and ending up at 185. Hopefully I'll still see some as I get into the low 200s through my NG++ playthrough, but I'm sure within a couple weeks that won't be possible. It's kind of a downer that I rarely get invaded too, there's just no wondering or sense of danger if someone is going to pop in at any moment and I always run around Embered up.

Community caps exist because once you hit a certain level the game mechanics start to break down, killing any game variety as everyone just turns into the same havel monster throwing out spells and fast rolling everywhere.

My only problem with them is that at the moment no one can decide what it's going to be, so some are sticking at /this/ level, others are going to /that/ level and it's a pain in the ass as the community fragments over it.

Personally I rolled my first character to 120 just for tradition, but I think (other than sorcery, but that's more because of reasons that have nothing to do with leveling tbqh) 100 would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom