• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTSC

Apparently the only negative effects are: you look awful, and the amount of phantoms you can summon are reduced and *apparently* it will be harder for you to see summon signs.

I don't think those are true at all. I've been running around with 99 Hollowing through NG and NG+ and I've always been able to summon 2 phantoms max without using the thing that lets you summon more (and be invaded more). There is a boss where I could only summon one person and other signs would disappear, but that's not because of Hollowing. Also pretty sure the summon sign thing was wrong, because the floors before bosses were always littered with them until I got to a pretty high level.

I'm fairly certain that the only negative effects are purely cosmetic and that the Hollowing stat is mostly for the Hollow Infusion.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hollowing

Meccs

Just choose after the final boss. Summon the firekeeper for ending the fire and sit at the bonfire for Link the First Flame.
But I've got the
Usurping the Fire
Achievement in combination with the
Lord of Hollows
ending. The guides say I need to
kill the Fire Keeper for the Usurping the Fire
ending which I never did. I'm confused.

Elixist

45 hours, put down final boss, he was pretty lame, oh well lots of good stuff overall. burnt out, played too much today lol.

SeanTSC

Community caps exist because once you hit a certain level the game mechanics start to break down, killing any game variety as everyone just turns into the same havel monster throwing out spells and fast rolling everywhere.

My only problem with them is that at the moment no one can decide what it's going to be, so some are sticking at /this/ level, others are going to /that/ level and it's a pain in the ass as the community fragments over it.

Personally I rolled my first character to 120 just for tradition, but I think (other than sorcery, but that's more because of reasons that have nothing to do with leveling tbqh) 100 would be fine.

Yeah, I just can't cap myself like that and limit my options. I like that I could potentially turn
Anri's
Straight Sword into an absurd beast if I went 99 luck with 40 Str/Dex/Faith on it and still put levels into maxing out Stamina and having a hefty chunk of hit points and be able to use any and all armor and shields with it. Limiting myself to a glass cannon with predetermined weapon options is worse to me than worrying about fast-rolling Havels.

And I like being able to actually equip multiple weapons at once and dumping a ton of points into vit. It's fun carrying around a big bow along with my sword and greatshield and talisman and pyro hand.

Kazuhira

Oceiros was a pretty cool fight,OCELOTTEEEE.
More bosses should talk while fighting,it gives them a little more personality imo.

Meccs

I find it totally funny that basically every guide says there is no way to get the secret ending without following a guide and I totally got it by accident without reading anything beforehand.

Yogg

I finished my first playthrough clocked at 53 hours. Fantastic game! I somehow managed to get the U
surpation of fire
ending first, but I missed many NPC questlines.

Toughest bosses for me were W
atchers
, P
ontiff
, and N
ameless King
. Overall I think the game has the best set of bosses in a Souls game. So many quality and unique encounters. Right now it's my favorite, tied with BB.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Question about Yoel/
Yuria/Anri
's questline:

So I uh, "married" Anri... which was weird as shit :( and Yuria is pleased.

What now? Does this just affect the ending? If I cure the hollowing now (via Firekeeper) will that change this path, or am I "locked" into the ending?

myco666

But I've got the
Usurping the Fire
Achievement in combination with the
Lord of Hollows
ending. The guides say I need to
kill the Fire Keeper for the Usurping the Fire
ending which I never did. I'm confused.

Just checked it and I thought that part wasn't mandatory for the ending but
to get the End of Fire ending you need to give Eyes of the Firekeeper to the firekeeper and say you want to end the fire.
As for
killing her
that is not mandatory for anything.

edit.
Question about Yoel/
Yuria/Anri
's questline:

What now? Does this just affect the ending? If I cure the hollowing now (via Firekeeper) will that change this path, or am I "locked" into the ending?

That gives you the 'hidden/true' ending. If you cure the hollowing or attack Yuria you will be locked out of that ending.

Meccs

Oceiros was a pretty cool fight,OCELOTTEEEE.
More bosses should talk while fighting,it gives them a little more personality imo.
Totally loved the Bloodborne fight against Micolash.
"Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm... Grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Ahuuuu!"

SeanTSC

Question about Yoel/
Yuria/Anri
's questline:

If you do that at all before the ending then you will break it. You're locked into it now unless you do that.

Zocano

Question about Yoel/
Yuria/Anri
's questline:

Yes, it only really affects the ending. At no point are you ever actually locking into an ending but you can be locked out of an ending.

Healing the dark sigil will affect things yes.

bronk

Banned
I took off estus flask and have no idea how to put it back. Shit i just realized i havent been using items right this whole game. How can i not figure this out? Someone help me please lol

Im so dumb just figured it out. Ive been pushing start and using items from tool belt lmao. I kept thinking this game handles items like shit. I feel so stupid.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I see. Thanks. Guess I'm stuck with being all ugly/wasting a ring slot til the end... :( Mage is really the worst possible path for this ending LOL, I could use the ring slots.

Zocano

I see. Thanks. Guess I'm stuck with being all ugly/wasting a ring slot til the end... :( Mage is really the worst possible path for this ending LOL, I could use the ring slots.

At least the go to super rings are nerfed enough to where not having cloranthy or Havel isn't super detrimental.

Randam

when using the way of blue, should I avoid summoning normal phantoms for help and just wait for an invader and then a blue sentinel to help me?

and in the chatedral, there was a elevator at the end. other side from Rosaria, when you walk over the giant gate. never found where to active it.

MilkBeard

when using the way of blue, should I avoid summoning normal phantoms for help and just wait for an invader and then a blue sentinel to help me?

and in the chatedral, there was a elevator at the end. other side from Rosaria, when you walk over the giant gate. never found where to active it.

If you summon one phantom, a Blue can still show up. Even if you have two I think, Blue's can come. I'm not completely positive on that, but I'm pretty sure I've been summoned into games with three people already there.

Leezard

It's near the area with enemies right outside the boss room if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Randam

It's near the area with enemies right outside the boss room if it's the one I'm thinking of.

I know. it should be left from the big room before the boss fight. but I can't find the elevator plattform.

Seeing so many people struggle with the Ch
ampion
on forums and streams makes me feel kinda good about myself for defeating him on my first try. hihi...
Same haha.

come back here, when you beat him first try on your second playthrough too. ;)

Cyborg

I sure do love Dark Souls 3, I am a lil bit dissapointed that levels/enemies and interactions almost look identical to Dark Souls 1.

It feels like they didnt put much effort into creating new enemies.

MilkBeard

Damn. Just had one of the best Blue Bro fights. Got summoned as a Darkmoon to
Archdragon Peak

The host already had two summons, but there were two invaders. They were chilling by a big dragon that blocks the path, so we were picking away at it. We killed a Purple, and another invader came. We eventually chased them up, killed another, and another invader came. One of our team died so the host summoned another. We then killed the second invader after all the enemies were cleared, but sadly, the final invader ran all the way up to the top and then used a black separation crystal...poor sport. Was a great, fun battle though.

This is how it should be, just a brawl...hopefully Blademoon summons will pick up like this as time goes on.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this game the best simulation of a samurai wielding a katana of any game out right now and it's an RPG that doesn't even focus on that? It amazes me that the fighting mechanic wielding a katana is very similar to Ninja Gaiden except on a more realistic less fast-paced system.

It's good, isn't it? My first character in any SoulsBourne game is always katana focused. I was worried about the omission of Iaito/Blacksteel Quick Draw moves, but that Weapon Art... sublime.

I managed to beat the D
ancer
on my 2nd try. I really didnt find her that tough at all. Once i figured out her AOE attack, that was it. Just cling to her leg, whack away, back off for the aoe, rinse and repeat.

The Demons Souls callback in the Y
horm
fight was a nice touch too i thought.

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
Can someone explain what is going on here? Met this phantom twice that day and don't know if this guy has somewhat hacked the game, if this is extreme lag, or something else like an item in the game that allows you to move like this that I'm not aware of. Name is "infinitysaiko", platform is PS4. Has anyone else come across this player?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK01dH1S-vs

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's almost 5 AM EST and I'm still getting non-stop
Aldrich Faithful
invasions. Holy shit...

Those are too much fun with the
Untrue Dark
Ring on. I can't count how many times I've had second invaders come up and attack me only to find me invincible. xD It's more dangerous when it's a red invader that mistakes me for the host, though, but still funny.

Can someone explain what is going on here? Met this phantom twice that day and don't know if this guy has somewhat hacked the game, if this is extreme lag, or something else like an item in the game that allows you to move like this that I'm not aware of. Name is "infinitysaiko", platform is PS4. Has anyone else come across this player?

Its a bug tied to latency as far as people can tell.

I got 6 Wolfgrass drops in a row from the goat packs in Farron Ruins. It was maybe the luckiest I've ever been in my life.

vocab

Pretty common. Needs a patch among other fixes for the online. Its not a hack. The online is just messed up and this happens pretty frequently.

Demoskinos

So question about the Rings. I know you have to get all 107 rings meaning all base rings an their +1...ect variants. Only the Life ring has a +3 ring. So does that really mean I'm going to have to do an entire run on NG+++ for one lousy ring? =|

Styles

I've died to deacons close to 10 times with this Sorc build. Dunno what I am doing wrong.

Edit: got them right after I made this post..

Khezu

In the demo, wasn't there some weird thing were you could spend embers at graves to get random lore crap?

Is that still in the game? I haven't seen anything like it.

I never played the demo, just saw some videos on it.

pa22word

Pretty common. Needs a patch among other fixes for the online. Its not a hack. The online is just messed up and this happens pretty frequently.

Speaking of which...does the game penalize you for overly using the black separation crystal? I've been using it every time I get into a fight like that that way neither of us has to take an L for a trash fight.

pa22word

I saw that video earlier.

That shit is ridiculous. I'll just stop with pvp if this gets common.

Get a sword with really long reach and it's not that hard to kill them. Most of the guys running it aren't very good at the game, so they tank behind it hoping it'll carry them. Do a bunch of crazy unpredictable shit like rolling 8 times in random directions and catch them between a bash with a counter R1.

I've beaten 4/5 guys I've seen running it, and the one I didn't kill I suicide'd because I got tired of him.

Echoplx

It's almost 5 AM EST and I'm still getting non-stop
Aldrich Faithful
invasions. Holy shit...

Those are too much fun with the
Untrue Dark
Ring on. I can't count how many times I've had second invaders come up and attack me only to find me invincible. xD It's more dangerous when it's a red invader that mistakes me for the host, though, but still funny.

I want that ring so bad but completely missed that questline, hate shit like that :/

Tak3n

Banned
I saw that video earlier.

That shit is ridiculous. I'll just stop with pvp if this gets common.

I only do it for a laugh now and then, as firstly you rarely get 1 on 1 anyway TBH, my one this morning I could see the guys spirit break and he just kept unloading as much as he could and I would still have 50% stamina to hit him with, he went through 6 etsus, I used none and only got hit once by my own mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom