• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApharmdX

Banned
I've been stuck in the Irithyll Dungeon for awhile, this place is seriously pissing me off. Does anyone have any tips that will make this area alil easier to deal with? Does your level affect who can be summoned because I rarely see people to summon but I'm constantly getting invaded.

This area is simply easier to run through and unlock all three shortcuts, to be perfectly honest. And summon signs for it are not prevalent, simply because it is a difficult level with cheap enemies, and not likely for player plus phantoms to reach the boss in one shot. The most important shortcut is the one from the room past the dragon worshipping corpses. Unlock this one and the rest is pretty easy. It's past the two giant rants. When you get out to the large room with many jailers, go through the door on the left.

Mcdohl

I just finished the game.

Did
The End of Fire
ending.

So, did I basically
end the existence of everything
?

I got to P
rofain Capital
without a boss encounter in either I
rythrll or the Dungeon
- I knew I missed a lot so will be going back but this has been a pretty intense stretch of areas and STILL a lack of appropriate upgrade materials, I've found one Chunk back in the S
mouldering Lake
I think and another from trading with the crows. Why so mean with upgrade materials? The enemies in D
emon Ruins
drop regular titanite and sometimes large like candy - by the time I got there I didn't need either for my main weapon - I really like to get ahead of the curve with upgrading and this game has never let me do that so far.

Those disgusting insect enemies with long hair in the water - YUCK! They remind me of a cross between two enemies from BB - the screaming dudes that run at you in Chalice Dungeons and the insect vagina flower things. Ick.

Eusis

That gives you the 'hidden/true' ending. If you cure the hollowing or attack Yuria you will be locked out of that ending.
Killing Yuria does nothing at that point, the ending will still happen if you try to link the fire. She'll even implore upon dying for you to continue the path.

But you can still get the End of Fire ending.

SkylineRKR

Upgrade is somewhat locked behind progression. You'll get shitload of Chunks.

I maxed 7 weapons during my first playthrough and didn't really farm much for them yet. Some required titanite, some scales and others twinkling.

In fact, i miss a Slab. I know which one.

ApharmdX

Banned
I got to P
rofain Capital
rythrll or the Dungeon
- I knew I missed a lot so will be going back but this has been a pretty intense stretch of areas and STILL a lack of appropriate upgrade materials, I've found one Chunk back in the S
mouldering Lake
I think and another from trading with the crows. Why so mean with upgrade materials? The enemies in D
emon Ruins
drop regular titanite and sometimes large like candy - by the time I got there I didn't need either for my main weapon - I really like to get ahead of the curve with upgrading and this game has never let me do that so far.

Those disgusting insect enemies with long hair in the water - YUCK! They remind me of a cross between two enemies from BB - the screaming dudes that run at you in Chalice Dungeons and the insect vagina flower things. Ick.

In the end you'll get a ton of chunks. You can be +10 by the end of
Irithyll Dungeon
and have several +10 weapons without farming by the end of the game, if you do optional areas.

I got to P
rofain Capital
rythrll or the Dungeon
mouldering Lake
emon Ruins

The game doesn't allow one to really get ahead of the leveling curve with weapons. Chunks will become more plentiful after you've obtained three Lord souls.

N° 2048

Phew. Undead Settlement pretty much fully explored and cleared. Took around 4 hours. Love taking this world in.

Onto the road of sacrifices .

Is there anywhere to farm scales? That's the one thing I'm short on right now.
Yes and there are ashes that add them to a vendor as well. Both thing are in a late game optional area called A
rch
D
ragon Peak.
The stone lizards in that area drop both scales and twinkling titanite kind of on the regular.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Right, I've just got to
Oceiros The Consumed King
and died. Am I near the end of the game now?

Still love this game. Although I am getting into that bad habit of running past a lot of enemies now.

As you said, Undeads went to Lordran because that was what the "legend" said (mind you, we don't have any info that says that all undeads went there). So if Lordran falls and it's forgotten it makes sense that Undeads don't necesary go there.

Also losing memory = hollowing. I know DS1 didn't said that, but it also makes sense , if you ask me. DS2 tried to expand the curse of the dead. What did DS3 did with that?
just forget about it

Characters in Dark Souls 2 regularly have no idea why they're there. Everyone in Dark Souls remembers why they're there. Hollowing was indicated to have more to do with a loss of hope and a lack of Humanity, not "they forgot everything and went crazy." The Undead also isn't a "curse," it's a symptom/ effect of the Fire fading. Dark Souls 2 did add something interesting in that humans could go beyond the power of Fire, which would tie in with the Dark Lord ending. It's not that the Undead need to be "cured" so much as the bigger issue that humans are separate from the Fire and don't need the gods to prosper. Of course, ultimately neither Dark Souls 2 nor 3
explain what the fuck the Abyss is, so we still have no idea what's going on.

There's a difference of perspective between what some of you want and the vision they had for the series. From Dark Souls to Dark Souls 3,
the old gods still exist and certain groups have been inspired by them, but the names of Gwyn, Seath, Witch of Izalith, and Nito aren't significant to the world at large, which has been built on top of the old world, rather than rewriting it. Dark Souls 2 suggested that the old world is simply gone entirely, that it's been replaced multiple times, nothing is remembered or important anymore.

Essentially, Dark Souls 3, a world with tenuous but significant connections to the past, as an actual sequel to Dark Souls, versus what some people here seem to want, Dark Souls II-2, where all of the games take place in entirely separate places that are simply in the same universe built on the same rules of reality (Undead, Linking the Fire).

SkylineRKR

Fuck those guys. Heh

I thought it was better than farming Petrified Dragon Bones in Aldias keep, but I hate these motherfuckers much more.
Though like 6 spawn in a barren area with only one weaksauce hexer inbetween the bonfire and them.

But that FUCKING headbutt or gank rolls.

Good thing is they also drop Twinkling. Or bad if you don't need them, lol.

neoism

OK

what the fuck!

is summoning broke at the
Nameless King
BF....

unable to summon
unable to summon
unable to summon..

seriously

what the fuck

Raxious

welp, just found out I have to take down
Nameless King
on NG++ for my final ring... GG only thing stopping me from my Platinum trophy.

myco666

Killing Yuria does nothing at that point, the ending will still happen if you try to link the fire. She'll even implore upon dying for you to continue the path.

But you can still get the End of Fire ending.

Oh really? Interesting. Apparently there is still lot of wrong information about this stuff then.

Can someone explain this:
From the patch notes

Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria's Fingers less strict.

I mean I thought you just asked to join... How less strict could it become?

Not that I know of.
you can buy unlimited amounts from maiden later

Archdragon peak, pesky rolling fuckers drop them at reasonably rate when your item find is high. The ashes required to buy them is also there.

Yes and there are ashes that add them to a vendor as well. Both thing are in a late game optional area called A
rch
D
ragon Peak.
The stone lizards in that area drop both scales and twinkling titanite kind of on the regular.

ooooh, yeah, okay. I saw them for sale from the Shrine Maiden. I'll just do that, then. I already set
Archdragon to Nameless King mode
. I should really get around to fighting him.

K' Dash

What the fuck with tue Ancient W
yvern
? I got lucky exploring the whole fucking area and found the notes from other players, otherwise I would still be there
trying to kill the fucking thing @ 30hp per slash with my heavy Great Axe

Damn...

kagamin

yvern
? I got lucky exploring the whole fucking area and found the notes from other players, otherwise I would still be there

Damn...

There are even developer messages telling you what to do for that one. :p They had no faith in us.

Anyone know what the great chaos fireorb scales with. I've been seeing things that say it doesn't scale off of ing/faith, and I may want to change my build if that the case...

silva1991

yvern

Damn...

Gimmicky
boss. I kinda like it actually.

it's the appetizer before the meal.

Riposte

I thought DkS2 made it clear that Drangleic was Lordran several hundred years later. Didn't an NPC imply as much in the Bastion level? Going by that I assumed DkS3 was a direct sequel almost but I realized I was wrong once I saw
the ladder guy's
corpse. Then I was confused.

I have pet theory that
DS2 and DS3 are two similar, but separate timelines, a key difference being whether Vendrick successfully built Drangleic or not.

I feel like there are too many covenants in this game.

It should be:

PVP covenant
PVP host defender covenant
Chaotic covenant that can kill invaders or host
Co-op oriented covenant

Then have an option for auto summons (not for the white or gold signs), so you no longer need Way of the Blue. The Mound Makers would also get more work (who would summon a purple sign once you understand what they do?).

Since this would lead to a lot more multi-character brawls the PVP covenant would still have duals via the Red Soapstone.

I see your point, but I don't mind the amount of covenants, so much as how they are used or how simplistic they can be. If I had to make a set of covenants it would be this, using the four types you mentioned as a base:

-PvP covenant (red). Engage in invasions using an item and can put down names to be summoned. Can be two of them in one game, can summon an ally with an item if the player has 2 co-op phantoms. (This could be two covenants depending if you want to include dragons.)

-Chaotic / Sin covenant (purple). Engage in invasions against players who have acquired sin (broken covenant, indicted after successful invasion, kills NPCs) and can put down their signs for summoning. Only one of them can be in the game, they can attack anyone except the summoner if he is in their covenant.

-PvP defender covenant (white / blue). Engage in counter-invasions if a player is invaded by a red phantom, put down sign to summon as a co-op phantom. Appears blue to members of "co-op" covenant. Can have up to two white phantoms.

-Co-op covenant (white / gold). Can be automatically summoned by an item, put down sign to summon as a co-op phantom. Appears gold to members of "defender" covenant. Can have up to two white phantoms.

-The defender and co-op covenants are actually hostile to each other. They can attack each other freely, but not the player unless he is also a member of the other covenant.

-All four covenants would have an area and boss fight (covenant leader) tied to them, with a possible exception of the co-op one. While a non-member is in that covenant's area, they be invaded by opted-in members of that covenant. The invasions would use differentiating mechanics (Rat King-like traps, Gravelord enemy buff, etc).

-Give an ending for each of the covenants that requires slaying all of the other covenant leaders (also endings for slaying all of them). In the post-game (before jumping into NG+), throw in a bunch of tough NPC phantom enemies from the other covenants to make the game harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom