• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux R7

What the fuck with tue Ancient W
yvern
? I got lucky exploring the whole fucking area and found the notes from other players, otherwise I would still be there
trying to kill the fucking thing @ 30hp per slash with my heavy Great Axe

Damn...

I did it first try blind, when you do little damage like that is clear to me that they want you to do something else.

Korosenai

What's the best 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0 weight shield for pvp and parrying? Or does it really just come down to fashion souls and which one you think looks better?

Has anyone seen the whole poise not working thing on reddit? I guess mods are considering cheating and just deleting the posts now. Would explain why everything seems to be able to interrupt you.

Has anyone seen the whole poise not working thing on reddit? I guess mods are considering cheating and just deleting the posts now. Would explain why everything seems to be able to interrupt you.

As someone who loves wielding heavy weapons and lived by the wolf ring in DS1, yeah it's a bummer. Hopefully they fix that in the patch.

Seriously considering removing the wolf ring from my build and going with something more useful.

As someone who loves wielding heavy weapons and lived by the wolf ring in DS1, yeah it's a bummer. Hopefully they fix that in the patch.

Seriously considering removing the wolf ring from my build and going with something more useful.

Yes its sad, even Wolf Ring +2 the poise is barely noticeable.

Soodanim

Finished the game, went for the normal ending. Going by the achievements I missed the N
ameless
K
ing
boss, am I right to assume that's who you fight if you
ring the Belfry Bell
?

Last boss was and wasn't hard. First 5+ deaths were me being too greedy, then a couple experimentation tries, then a couple serious goes and now I'm done. When I mean done I mean I'm not done by a long shot, so many missed items and NPCs and whatnot, I'm going nowhere.

UrbanRats

So apparently a DkS1-like POise system IS in the game, just deactivated, you can modify a file on PC and activate it back on (and get banned, likely).
WTF?

source: reddit.

I wish they would activate it back on by default, the poise in this game is garbage, and effectively ruins build variety.

myco666

So apparently a DkS1-like POise system IS in the game, just deactivated, you can modify a file on PC and activate it back on (and get banned, likely).
WTF?

I really don't understand why from decided to make bunch of armor sets actually useless. Like why would you ever use the heaviest armor set in the game at the moment?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
In case anyone is interested, there is an upcoming patch that mentions performance fine tuning and bug fixes:
http://www.darksouls.jp/information_more.html

Translation from reddit:

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05
  • Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
  • Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
  • Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria's Fingers less strict.
  • Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
  • Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
  • Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
  • Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
  • Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
  • Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
  • Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
  • Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.
Patch release time still to be determined.
Heh, had that happen to me just yesterday in my coop run. Had to dismiss my friend, quit and reload.

Not true, I purged multiple times to remove the disgusting hollow effect and still got the ending.
Ohhhh. Okay that is good to know. I could use that ring slot. Too bad it's like 4500 souls a piece.

Guys, I feel a giant hollow inside.

Should I buy Scholar of the First Sin? (I only played DS2 base game and loved every second of it)
Yes.

Tears of Denial = Second Chance from Demon's Souls. Pretty OP spell.
Not that OP. Second Chance revived you with 50% health. And it didn't affect attunement slots other than miracles since they were separate (and other miracles suck anyway). You got it much later in the game though, but yeah SC was op. ToD isn't, though it's pretty good. Saved my ass against the last boss. xD

I
rina
sells the Tears of Denial only after you given her D
ivine Tome
. It's not in her default inventory.
Yeah but it's pretty early on.

Man I swear people invade me and I never get a notification that I'm being invaded, just randomly a phantom out of nowhere haha.
Had that happen to me twice in the crab lake area. I think the NPC messages "Dark Spirit Heysel has been vanquished" and "Mad phantom Hodrick has been summoned" overlapped their invasions or something, 'cause the player invaders appeared roughly around that time.

no, you just end the age of fire and start the age of dark.
But how to reconcile that with Dark Souls 1's
dark
ending (where you side with
Kaathe
)?

Let's face it. The plot/lore stuff in these games has never been coherent. And honestly it doesn't matter to me one bit.

I tried wearing super heavy armor and still got staggered. Poise is fucking useless.
Awesome. This game is truly Demon's Souls 2 then. :D

I'm not sarcastic either. Fuck poise. :D

LiK

WTF?

I wish they would activate it back on by default, the poise in this game is garbage, and effectively ruins build variety.

Yea, people been discussing it here as well. Seems like a mistake. Hope they fix it soon cuz heavy armor is useless.

I'm open to suggestions for the
Nameless King
fight. Equipment, strategy, anything. The biggest enemy in this fight is the camera and the shit perspectives it gives you. Half the time I'm swinging at air and can't hit shit.

I could not get Patches to spawn in the Cathedral no matter what i did so i just stopped trying and continued with the game and almost finished irithyll, then i invaded a guy in the Catherdral and out of nowhere the Patches video starts and shows the player (not me) on the bridge....after the invasion Patches shows up in my game in firelink shrine.

It's a bug for sure but may help someone.

DPB

Anyone know what the great chaos fireorb scales with. I've been seeing things that say it doesn't scale off of ing/faith, and I may want to change my build if that the case...

It's does scale, though the scaling for pyromancies is quite complicated. There's a link here that explains it in more detail, but basically you only get more damage from faith once your intelligence is at a certain level. For a pure pyromancer build it's still most efficient to keep them even.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight

lol now that's a bug I'd like to see in video form

having terrible netcode tonight, everyone is floating

Yeah I just stopped playing, was like this every fight.

I'm getting this annoying thing on pc where even the lifebar is fucked. it recharges, and you don't eve see damage dealt. Then after a few minutes, if I'm lucky, I get the accurate bar.

Is it impossible to match up via password if you are Mound Maker?

Me and my friend never had a problem matching up. But now want to pvp and I am placing a purple sign, but he can't see it. password is the same as it was always, should be no problems.

Looking for some pointers as to what weapon to commit to for a pure Strength build, strength at 30, right now I only have 1 Heavy gem and not a lot of large titante....

Just made it to
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
and I feel like my weapon is dealing too little damage, a Heavy Reinforced Club +3.

I tried some of the great hammers/axes and the GreatSword but they all seem so slow, upgraded they seem to do maybe 60+ points of damage more than the Reinforced club but I can swing the reinforced club maybe 3, 4 times in 5 seconds, while a heavier weapon only 2 times.... so it seems like they would deal less damage than small weapons....

I was really hoping to wield a huge weapon though, maybe Im falling behind on Endurance, anyway, whats a good large weapon for this point in the game to commit to.

Alright, started New Game Plus and I just killed the Curse-Rotted Greatwood. I'm going to try to solo everything here (summoned for a few bosses in New Game).

God dammit, this game!

If anyone's struggling with STR builds, or just isn't satisfied with the ultra-greatswords and/or great axes: I made the switch to a DEX build with a Uchigatana and it's amazing. Although I loved playing with the Greataxe (Heavy), it never felt as good as in previous games. You feel way too vulnarable.

Is there anything better than Uchigatana +10 (Sharp) for DEX builds?

Is it impossible to match up via password if you are Mound Maker?

Me and my friend never had a problem matching up. But now want to pvp and I am placing a purple sign, but he can't see it. password is the same as it was always, should be no problems.

Try going to undead settlement bonfire, I had no problems doing mound makers summoning there. Also try changing the password, if its use by another group can it can cause issues.

I chose to be a silly boy and went +10 on my soldering iron (the jailers weapon) It's quite nasty on pvp. It prevents estus healing for a few seconds on each hit.

I also have a +10 refined dark sword. Suddenly Lothric feels less scary now :)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So I have gotten to the start of both
Anor Londo
and the
Profaned Capitol
but haven't advanced either. Is there a recommended path? Not sure which to do.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Would anybody mind trading me a
Crystal Sage Rapier?
On PS4 here
Is that any good for a mage? I was reluctant since the dex requirement was fairly high (18 IIRC). Ended up making a crystal-infused estoc which is OK but not that great damage-wise.

The
Chaos Blade +5
outdamages it, but at the cost of minor HP loss per successful hit. I also really like the dual kats, their L1 combo are pretty strong, but if you prefer relying on sword and shield go with the uchi or CB.

Other than the starting sellsword scimitars I haven't tried any other dex melee weapon haha. Scimitar(s) suck, don't bother. Quick and fast, but no kick.

Arjen

Alright, started New Game Plus and I just killed the Curse-Rotted Greatwood. I'm going to try to solo everything here (summoned for a few bosses in New Game).

God dammit, this game!

If anyone's struggling with STR builds, or just isn't satisfied with the ultra-greatswords and/or great axes: I made the switch to a DEX build with a Uchigatana and it's amazing. Although I loved playing with the Greataxe (Heavy), it never felt as good as in previous games. You feel way too vulnarable.

Washing pole is pretty awesome if you're willing to go up to 18 strength.

Jafku

Is that any good for a mage? I was reluctant since the dex requirement was fairly high (18 IIRC). Ended up making a crystal-infused estoc which is OK but not that great damage-wise.

The
Chaos Blade +5
outdamages it, but at the cost of minor HP loss per successful hit. I also really like the dual kats, their L1 combo are pretty strong, but if you prefer relying on sword and shield go with the uchi or CB.

Other than the starting sellsword scimitars I haven't tried any other dex melee weapon haha. Scimitar(s) suck, don't bother. Quick and fast, but no kick.

Honestly I don't want the weapon to use it. I Want it for the +100 Item discovery

So I have gotten to the start of both
Anor Londo
and the
Profaned Capitol
but haven't advanced either. Is there a recommended path? Not sure which to do.

They're both pretty small areas, but I found
Profaned Capital (and Irithyll Dungeon, that whole segment)
really, really easy.
Anor Londo
's boss was way harder for me too. I'd suggest
the Capital

finalflame

So I'm feeling my DEX build so far at level ~70 is super subpar. I'm using Sharp Uchigatana +8 and buffing it using Carthus Flame with a +7 pyro glove. Maximizing stats with the ring that boosts dex, chloranty, the one that raises max hp, and I think Havel's for equip load.

The ting is, the Uchi feels too slow and predictable for PVP, and I don't feel like I'm doing THAT much damage at 30 dex.

Any input on this? People with the Farron GS are basically pounding me in PVP :/

I had previously really liked the moveset of the Hollowslayer GS as it reminded me of Vestaldt's sword in DkS2, my favorite weapon. Anyone sing this successfully into later game and in PVP?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They're both pretty small areas, but I found
Profaned Capital (and Irithyll Dungeon, that whole segment)
really, really easy.
Anor Londo
's boss was way harder for me too. I'd suggest
the Capital

Thanks, I have gotten thru the
dungeon
already, but feel like I missed a lot of items. There was a
few cells/doors I couldn't unlock
. Didn't go anywhere near
the giant
either as I was low on Estus

Status