• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draper

Can't beat
The Nameless King

Oh boy, here I go invading again
ATy7eGg.gif

pixxxelz

NK is probably the most intimidating boss in the souls series,
dude is riding a freaking dragon! And that transition to the second phase...
i was only able to beat him thanks to a sunbro I summoned that was a master with the bow.

BizzyBum

God, the PvP in this game gets me so fucking salty.

Just beat the
Wyvern at Archdragon Peak
and you get teleported to a bonfire. When you beat a boss you become automatically embered again so of course this is an area where I get invaded in literally seconds as the invader obviously knows this.

The area by the bonfire is tight as fuck so I'm already trapped. Of course he begins the fight by applying some dank shit to his twin blades (the one that makes you bleed), followed by throwing the item that prevents estus healing. He then proceeds to kill me in 3 hits even though I have over 1,500 health. Whatever dual blades he had were quick and hard to dodge.

I think I'm more angry at how free I am. I guess this is what a scrub feels like fighting someone godlike at Street Fighter or something.

Randam

No, this game isn't really about the story.

Bit slower and no health recovered on attack.

Prepare to Die Edition is utter shit on PC, DS3 is leaps and bounds above it. It honestly feels like an alpha in comparison.

Apparently it was fixed but I haven't crashed once so I can't say for certain.

you never heard of dsfix, huh?

dark souls 1 on PC is awesome.

ApharmdX

Banned
God, the PvP in this game gets me so fucking salty.

Just beat the
Wyvern at Archdragon Peak
and you get teleported to a bonfire. When you beat a boss you become automatically embered again so of course this is an area where I get invaded in literally seconds as the invader obviously knows this.

The area by the bonfire is tight as fuck so I'm already trapped. Of course he begins the fight by applying some dank shit to his twin blades (the one that makes you bleed), followed by throwing the item that prevents estus healing. He then proceeds to kill me in 3 hits even though I have over 1,500 health. Whatever dual blades he had were quick and hard to dodge.

I think I'm more angry at how free I am. I guess this is what a scrub feels like fighting someone godlike at Street Fighter or something.

Hey, on the other hand, invaders frequently get 3-on-1'ed all the time. It's not that common to get a single, unsuspecting host. I know your pain, anyway. I was embered entering the archives one night, not thinking or planning on calling phantoms, with no Carthan Rogue for my twinblades, and I got stomped by an invader using the black knight halberd.

Impulsor

I need someone to tell me a couple things.

First of all, between these two weapons.

Old Wolf Curved Sword and Wolf Knight Greatsword

Anyone that has tested both, which one do you enjoy more and why, because the move set from both seem to be cool.

Second:

Wolf Knight Greatshield

How is this shield? Is it worth the extra weight? I feel shield in this game in general and really worth that much.
Auto quote.

burgerdog

If I can beat it at SL50, you can beat it too. :p

That was fun, the only thing that pisses me off is that twitch said I was broadcasting when I actually wasn't. It did that against Yhorm too so I don't have kill videos for those two. I would have let NK kill me even if I was one hit away from killing him if I found out I wasn't recording during the battle. Boouurns.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Game runs at constant 30fps for me at least... its not like the game was built to run at 60fps anyways.

That's why I hate when people say a game runs "fine", your fine is 30fps, mine is 60fps and it's not possible to maintain 60fps throughout because the port is bad and Durante could only do so much.

What's going on? I did all of
Siegward's
quest line, yet he's not appearing when I enter
the Yhorm boss fight.

I rescued Siegward from the cell and got the Titanite Slab from him.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Guys, if you want to really appreciate the visuals in Dark Souls III, go back and boot up Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. I just messed around in the latter, then went right back to III, and the graphics are night and day. III is an absolutely beautiful game.

The player movement also feels much stiffer in Dark Souls, and the game is noticeably slower in terms of combat.

Anyway, I love how powerful NG+ makes you feel in the Souls games, at least early on. I destroyed the first three bosses (
Iudex Gundyr, Vordt of the Boreal Valley, Curse-Rotted Greatwood
) in less than a minute each. Haha

MUnited83

For you.
What's going on? I did all of
Siegward's
quest line, yet he's not appearing when I enter
the Yhorm boss fight.

I rescued Siegward from the cell and got the Titanite Slab from him.
did you meet him in a kitchen before ? If not, u r fucked.

Yeah, the questlines are handled fucking terribly

Rodin

So I'm super interested in giving this game a shot. A few questions!

1) I have not played the other games. I have no idea on the story. Is that a problem?
No. You can immerse yourself in the lore after you beat the game if you want, but you can easily play it without caring about the story. There's hardly any in a normal playthrough.

2) How does this game compare to Bloodborne? Is it more or less action-y?
Bloodborne has a faster combat that encourages you to be more active during encounters. DS3 is more similar to it compared to older entries in the series, but you can be more "defensive". I still think that, while not perfect, it's a huge step forward for the series compared to the combat in previous games. When you master it, it's pretty rewarding.

3) Kind of related to 2, I have Dark Souls: Prepare to Die on Steam...Will that give me a good idea of what to expect with DS3?
Yes and no. The game's formula is the same, but i think that combat, areas and (obviously) graphics are far better in 3 compared to 1, which was pretty rough and had some awful areas in the second half. Also i agree with those who say that the PC port of DS1 is awful: sure, there's the DSfix, but that doesn't really justify a game that ships on PC with res and frame rate locked at 1024x720 @ 30fps. Especially when it took durante like 10 minutes to fix it, and yet they never officially unlocked it via patch.

4) Has the Steam version with the weird crashing been fixed?
I played it for 50 hours since D1, never had a crash. If you're asking about DS1 after the GFWL-->Steam patch, i don't know if they fixed that.

Someone is always summoning at
Nameless King.
Go offline, defeat the
NK,
return online and beat the living shit out of anyone who is summoning.

did you meet him in a kitchen before ? If not, u r fucked.

Yeah, the questlines are handled fucking terribly

Yes.

Helped him defeat the monster in Undead Settlement, gave him his armour in the well, met him in the kitchen, and freed him from the cell, all in that order. That's every step I've read about.

I couldn't get over my deep axe compared to the dark sword. Why should I use DS over the deep axe?

Not too familiar with the deep axe, but the dark sword is quick, has deceptive reach and scales well with strength.

The moveset is alright, but i greatly prefer the standard long sword moveset.

Wait, it's possible to summon 3 cooperators? Just got summoned into a world where there were already two Sunbros.
Yes normally you can summon 2 people without using th dried fingers. However certain locations will require you to use the dried fingers to summon 2 people. For example, Farron keep you need to use the dried fingers but at places like cathedral of the deep, catacombs you do not need to use the dried fingers to summon 2 phantoms.

Personal experiences playing the game coop with 2 rl friends.

Hmm, attempting to Add Bleed Infusion to an already bleeding weapon only increases it by a few points, maybe Hollow infusion is sensible enough for a Dex/Luck build afterall.

And the Shotel has no innate bleed. I could've sworn it did. Oh well.

SDR-UK

Man my dumbass accidentally used the Twin Princess souls to get the same weapon again. AHH. If anyone did the same mistake but with the holy sword then I willing to trade one of the great swords. Or if you just don't need or care for the holy sword then that's fine too.

My quest to get every item in the game is grueling and I really don't want to farm for covenant items because they take forever.

What platform? I have a soul I could drop for you. (PS4)

I just beat
Dancer of the Boreal Valley

I think the only optional boss I've fought thus far is
Curse Rotted Greatwood
. Have I missed any optionals, or are they all still to come?

Dalius

Loving this game so far, but I'm not sure where to go next.

I've defeated two Lords of Cinder at this point (
Abyss Watchers and Aldrich
) but nothing new has seemed to open up. I thought that after beating
Aldrich, something new would have happened up in Anor Londo - am I missing something?
.I'm guessing I need to get to
the Profane Capital
and that I've missed the way there. Can anyone give a hint as to where to go next? The more subtle, the better.

Milijango

Aldrich, something new would have happened up in Anor Londo - am I missing something?
the Profane Capital
and that I've missed the way there. Can anyone give a hint as to where to go next? The more subtle, the better.

Item description from a boss weapon:
"Long ago, when Sulyvahn was yet a young sorcerer, he discovered the Profaned Capital and an unfading flame below a distant tundra of Irithyll, and a burning ambition took root within him.“

For the lazy:
Distant manor bonfire.

the Profane Capital

Head back to the lake in Irythil, and explore around there. Your next destination should be in that area.

pixxxelz

I just beat
Dancer of the Boreal Valley

I think the only optional boss I've fought thus far is
Curse Rotted Greatwood
. Have I missed any optionals, or are they all still to come?
You missed
smoldering lake
to get there
cut the suspension bridge in the catacombs and use as a ladder

Dalius

Head back to the lake in Irythil, and explore around there. Your next destination should be in that area.

Item description from a boss weapon:
"Long ago, when Sulyvahn was yet a young sorcerer, he discovered the Profaned Capital and an unfading flame below a distant tundra of Irithyll, and a burning ambition took root within him.“

For the lazy:
Distant manor bonfire.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom