• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bargeparty

Stand in front to bait the swings and the slow fire breath. He will never use the flying fire breath that way. If you are using lockon you shouldn't be standing below him in the first place.

Try to stay at the side of the dragons head at all times, he only does the fire from above if you stay under him.
Though when you do that you have to pay more attention to the kings movements, as he can swipe at you with his spear, but it's' far easier to dodge then fire bullshit.

Sprint the fuck away as soon as he springs up into the air. You will get super good at reading that eventually.

Actually,
I've dodged the fire a few times by running away from it as soon as it takes off. You need to run in the direction the creature is facing, and you may not make it, but it is possible
. Though the camera more than anything else makes this fight infuriating.

Appreciate the tips. Now just phase two to deal with. Honestly I've been using the same sword since like the start. Not really sure what to do, because at least in this fight I don't feel like I'm doing any dmg to him. My attack power is only 366, and I have no idea if that's good or not.

Been having a lot of fun with the game. When ever I have spare clay I try to use it before recycling it, sometimes something good comes out of it. Here is a tiny Ornstein Helm I tried making.

tumblr_o67wguTSGs1vswqrfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o67wb7oPi51vswqrfo1_1280.jpg

KingKong

Appreciate the tips. Now just phase two to deal with. Honestly I've been using the same sword since like the start. Not really sure what to do, because at least in this fight I don't feel like I'm doing any dmg to him. My attack power is only 366, and I have no idea if that's good or not.

you'd probably want to be doing closer to 400 at the end game but thats alright. If you pumped up strength or dex you could change your sword to heavy or sharp to do more damage

psychotron

Did I just fuck up an NPC quest line right at the end?
I've met Siegward everywhere including Irythill, but at the Profane Capital I went straight to Yhorm. I guess I was supposed to meet Siegward first.
Fucked?

I've met Siegward everywhere including Irythill, but at the Profane Capital I went straight to Yhorm. I guess I was supposed to meet Siegward first.
Fucked?
Yeah you have to rescue him from a cell in the dungeon. You access his cell near the sorcerer you fought on that roof in the Profane Capitol.

DSmalls84

Fucked?

Did you buy back his armor when he was in the well, and release him from the cell in the dungeon? He should show up as soon as you enter the Yhorm fight.

psychotron

Yeah you have to rescue him from a cell in the dungeon. You access his cell near the sorcerer you fought on that roof in the Profane Capitol.

Damn it!!

Did you buy back his armor when he was in the well, and release him from the cell in the dungeon? He should show up as soon as you enter the Yhorm fight.

I didn't see him in a
cell
. There were two paths at the
capital
and I took one that lead to
Yhorm
. That sucks so much!! I really tried hard to get that quest right.

mstevens

So which items am I SOL on if I miss them in NG. Just normal versions of rings? Which ones?

I missed the orbeck stuff and I'm worried I can't get that
ring(s)
in ng+

So does being hollowed not allow for multiple co-op partners? I'm trying to play with two friends and the host is hollowed. He can summon only one of us. As soon as he summons, the other persons summon sign disappears. I had my friend leave the hosts game and my summon sign appeared right away, so that's why I think it has something to do with hollowing.

DSmalls84

Damn it!!

I didn't see him in a
cell
. There were two paths at the
capital
and I took one that lead to
Yhorm
. That sucks so much!! I really tried hard to get that quest right.

In the part of the dungeon you enter from the Profane city there is a toxic pit with a ladder that leads up to some stairs and a roof. You have to jump from the roof into the only adjacent window without bars. Super easy to miss.

I think I'm still super early. Let myself be summoned in the swampish area with giant enemy
crabs
. Ran around with the player for like 45 minutes. Defeated 3 invaders and was finally at the boss and died when it had like 20% hp, feels bad man. I hope they beat the boss.

Was a good lesson for me though, the area seems insane, tons of enemies all over the place.

I'm going sorcerer build at the moment. Recommendation on a weapon? My rapier+2 seems super weak...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the info guys - game is bought and installing now! I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

Just for my own piece of mind, can I grow my character into whatever I want, or will I need to play multiple characters to use various weapons/abilities?

Does anyone have any tips for getting some Watchdogs of Farron covenant action? My SL is in the 60s, which I fear is too high, but I just want to get the ring from the covenant...

Risette

A Good Citizen
Thanks for the info guys - game is bought and installing now! I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

Just for my own piece of mind, can I grow my character into whatever I want, or will I need to play multiple characters to use various weapons/abilities?
You can branch out and/or respec

I recommend finding a focus early though. Having a bunch of points spread all over the place may give you a tough time.

MilkBeard

I just maxed out Bloodlust to see what it was about. At first I was disappointed in the base damage, but when you use the weapon art, it greatly increases the staggering capability, and brings the damage up to my other maxed weapon, which makes up for it. It's actually proving quite useful in that regard. The penalty is also not that bad either.

EDIT: Maybe it doesn't 'boost' the stagger much, but it already has a pretty good amount to begin with. With the buff, it can stagger the red eye knight in A.L. pretty easily.

N
ameless
K
ing
is infuriating enough in the first phase that if I see the Washing Pole of all things whiff one more time because it's amazingly hard to judge distance trying to attack a moving part, I'm just going to summon or at least be a summon first to practice.

Mrg8523-

I was trading in the rafters to get the
Armor of the Sun
set. I placed lightning urn to get the bracers. As I was spamming the B button to exit the menu I ended up backstepping off the rafters and dying. When I went back up the bracers weren't there and when I try to trade again, the crow doesn't accept the lightning urn anymore. I tried the other nest and it won't work there either. Also tried restarting the game and traveling to a different area and back but that didn't work. Am I screwed until I start NG+?

psychotron

In the part of the dungeon you enter from the Profane city there is a toxic pit with a ladder that leads up to some stairs and a roof. You have to jump from the roof into the only adjacent window without bars. Super easy to miss.

Too late now I guess. That really bums me out how easy it is to fuck these quests up.

N
ameless
K
ing
is infuriating enough in the first phase that if I see the Washing Pole of all things whiff one more time because it's amazingly hard to judge distance trying to attack a moving part, I'm just going to summon or at least be a summon first to practice.

yea, that was my biggest problem with this fight as well. i used the same weapon, but it wasn't different with any other.
i whiff alot in this game, but in this fight phase 1 it was horrible.

yea, that was my biggest problem with this fight as well. i used the same weapon, but it wasn't different with any other.
i whiff alot in this game, but in this fight phase 1 it was horrible.

I'm thinking of just doing ranged cheese, a coop partner did that and it seemed to work. That way I'll at least get ot the second phase consistently.

EDIT:
Seems like that's what you're supposed to do. This is Shrine of Amana in boss form. :/

JDB

Banned
I guess doing co-op for the dancer just doesn't work anymore. It just won't let me or my other summoned co-op players enter the boss area.

Good ol' G
undyr got himself an air combo and thoroughly whooped me with it.

Hard to get mad when you see something as cool as that.

MilkBeard

Ooh so there will be 3 DLCs? And it looks like they will be released relatively far apart. Hoping for BB-sized expansions!

He did say three large size DLCs. Three Bloodborne sized DLCs would be a great sendoff for the series.

I'm actually sad that they are ending production of Souls games (for now). However, I'm excited for the new IP. Also, hopefully they will at least make a Bloodborne 2.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Just finished
Nameles king.
That is one of the worst designed boss fights. The second phase is great and a lot of fun but the first phase has one of the worst cameras ever. So much so that you have to play the game a particular way so that the boss does not
go to the sky
ever so often. How did this not get play tested ? This is the first time in a long time that the camera has actually hindered my enjoyment of the fight so much. There have been camera problems in souls bosses in the past but this is just unforgivable.

Cool atmosphere and design though but that is about it.

p3n

Welp, time to buy the PS4 version. Apparently the full CE table has a public release now. 8 Invasions - 8 hackers. From infinite HP to rapid fire Greatbows. At least the last two weeks were awesome.

JDB

Banned
Just finished
Nameles king.
That is one of the worst designed boss fights. The second phase is great and a lot of fun but the first phase has one of the worst cameras ever. So much so that you have to play the game a particular way so that the boss does not
go to the sky
ever so often. How did this not get play tested ? This is the first time in a long time that the camera has actually hindered my enjoyment of the fight so much. There have been camera problems in souls bosses in the past but this is just unforgivable.

Cool atmosphere and design though but that is about it.
What? He's fine if you just don't lock on.

A
ldritch
wasn't so bad. The trick was rushing the fucker before he did that annoying ass
arrow attack
. Died 3 times due to that bullshit, but then just rushed him each time and I made him eat that booty like groceries.

Nerokis

Good ol' G
undyr got himself an air combo and thoroughly whooped me with it.

Hard to get mad when you see something as cool as that.

Yep. Such amazing melee bosses in this game. They seriously found the sweet spot between making sure attacks are appropriately telegraphed, and giving bosses nuanced, effective movesets. G gave me a lot of trouble, but I always found his movements readable.

G
undyr was like fighting Artorias, but he was secretly a martial arts master behind that Halberd and Heavy Armor.

Probably my new favorite boss.

pa22word

Here's a really good interview with Miyazaki from the Taiwan press event this weekend.
Nice translation by a Reddit user.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but there's some good stuff in there regarding the game, and Miyazaki's stance on sequels, upcoming titles, etc.

I guess that's hard confirmation that the boss battles were nerfed to hell and back.

Stupid, really since ds2 solved this issue with champions cov right out of the gate T_T

burgerdog

Hahaha I just had three watchdogs of Farron invade me in one run and all of them were denied. Feels good, even if I feel for them because it's so hard to invade with that covenant.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Well, I'm stuck on
Aldrich

I've also wasted all my embers. Been like three days now and I'm getting nowhere, this is really frustrating and killing my enjoyment of the game.

Godammit, fuck you Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom