• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently
Siegward won't appear during the boss fight with Yhorm if you've already beat Alrich, even if you completed all of his steps in the quest line.
Utter bullshit.

Dimmle

Apparently
Siegward won't appear during the boss fight with Yhorm if you've already beat Alrich, even if you completed all of his steps in the quest line.
Utter bullshit.

I followed that order and he still appeared for me. Unless that's a new change with the patch?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
This dragon rider storm dude. #howsway
That fake ass Gwyn be getting off that bird talmbout respeck my name.

Fuck those goddamn undead mobs during
the skeleton boss Catacombs fight
. He's easy enough, then suddenly eight undead jerks get spawned that my wimpy Blessed weapon can't handle.

mulac

So I guess
the Smoldering Lake is Chalice Dungeon V2?

It seems never-ending and that room with the
2 fire demon things and floating fire-orbs can
go screw itself.

Steel

Banned
Apparently
Utter bullshit.

Nah,
you've gotta meet him in ithyl before you meet him in the dungeon.

Proof:

Friend met him in Ithyl before the dungeon, I didn't, we both beat Ald and then did Yhorm. Siegward appeared in his bossfight. Not mine.

The only thing I liked about S
mouldering
L
ake
was that you could lead the black knight to the
knight hunter
and watch 'em duke it out. Dreading to go back for those
items in the lava.
Everything else has been really great so far.

Gestahl

The
Dragonslayer Swordspear
's L2 stance attack is absurd. It cuts through Lothric Greatsword knights in 2 charges and barely uses any stamina. It's like a lightning spear but slower and not shit

Dimmle

The only thing I liked about S
mouldering
L
ake
was that you could lead the black knight to the
knight hunter
and watch 'em duke it out. Dreading to go back for those
items in the lava.
Everything else has been really great so far.

That's genius!

Maybe this makes me sound like a wimp but if you don't destroy W
olnir
's
bracelets
in the optimal order, he's a pretty difficult encounter. Those ninja skeletons are no joke.

pixxxelz

What you find down there is kind of disappointing but I think we can all agree this is an amazing way to find a secret area.
Idk, I liked the boss in that area, some of his attacks are really cool.
Ooooo, ok. Hmm, that was a while ago. I'll have to wander a bit to find it again. Thanks!
The bridge is right before the
high lord wolnir
bonfire so just teleport there and walk back a little.

I thought the building in the background of I
rythyll
looked like
Gwyn's Keep
. Then there are the enemies that reminded me of
Gwyndolin
, the
painting of Gwynevere
and the whole place being
moonlit
Then motherfucking
Silverknight archers
!
Gwyn's tomb
and motherfucking
Anor Londo!
- I even tried putting on
Ring of the First Born
before going up to the
statue of Gwyn
but I think you just had to attack it.

After all that I just knew the boss was going to be
Gwyndolin
. I got
"Aldrich"
down to less than 15% on my first try. I think anyone who's played the first game shouldn't have too much trouble since most of the attacks are based on the original attacks.

It was so creepy going into
the big hallway again, the poor giant Blacksmith!
:(

Call me officially won over with this giant slab of fan service! Sorry for all the spoilers but just one of those names would've given away the whole thing!

K' Dash

N
ameless
K
ing
down, thank you to the guy who helped me in the first phase of the fight, even if he died in it, I just couldn't adjust the camera to hit or see the fucking dragon.

Now to finish the game.

Khezu

If I wanted to start learning to parry, what is a good starting weapon/shield?

Parry dagger, shield, fist weapon offhand, or farron dance sword?

Menome

In regards to the lore debate regarding some inconsistencies, especially to the 'built on ruins' idea of Drangleic, could it potentially be the case that chronologically the games go 1-3-2?

ThisOne

Well, Crystal Sage wasn't difficult at all.

Should I go to Farron Keep next or just keep pushing on the path after Crystal Sage?

bargeparty

Quitting on the
nameless fuckface
for now. I refuse to summon as well. Must be done solo.

the dragon riding part is especially bullshit. It's impossible to dodge the fire from above

I thought the building in the background of I
rythyll
looked like
Gwyn's Keep
. Then there are the enemies that reminded me of
Gwyndolin
, the
painting of Gwynevere
and the whole place being
moonlit
Then motherfucking
Silverknight archers
!
Gwyn's tomb
and motherfucking
Anor Londo!
- I even tried putting on
Ring of the First Born
before going up to the
statue of Gwyn
but I think you just had to attack it.

After all that I just knew the boss was going to be
Gwyndolin
. I got
"Aldrich"
down to less than 15% on my first try. I think anyone who's played the first game shouldn't have too much trouble since most of the attacks are based on the original attacks.

It was so creepy going into
the big hallway again, the poor giant Blacksmith!
:(

Call me officially won over with this giant slab of fan service! Sorry for all the spoilers but just one of those names would've given away the whole thing!

Not sure you understand the lore. What you saw wasn't Gwyndolin. Alrich was this creature that essentially ate various bosses from DS1: Gwyndolin, Nito, and Priscilla. I don't understand the quotation marks around Aldrich's name.

^ edit - Started to read that then realised the rest of the sentence was probably a spoiler so didn't carry on. If I got it wrong, that's fine - it was just a first impression based on a single fight with the boss. I don't have it's soul yet or anything so I don't know any in-game lore on it, just going by appearance and attacks. :)

If I wanted to start learning to parry, what is a good starting weapon/shield?

Parry dagger, shield, fist weapon offhand, or farron dance sword?
I would use one of the smaller shields with the more linient animation - target shield, small leather etc. I don't know the technical data on it, but it appears they have the same function as in DS1 by giving you a slightly longer parrying window.

The parrying on regular shields isn't as bad as DS2, but it's not as easy as DS1 so I kind of gave up trying and just have both a regular and small equipped. The regular parry time feels closest to Demon's Souls really so maybe I just need more practice I get so many partial parries.

In regards to the lore debate regarding some inconsistencies, especially to the 'built on ruins' idea of Drangleic, could it potentially be the case that chronologically the games go 1-3-2?

I don't know, a lot of items refer to things that were in DS 2, though I guess time is twisted in Dark Souls and doesn't have to be linear.

Quitting on the
nameless fuckface

the dragon riding part is especially bullshit. It's impossible to dodge the fire from above

Actually,
I've dodged the fire a few times by running away from it as soon as it takes off. You need to run in the direction the creature is facing, and you may not make it, but it is possible
. Though the camera more than anything else makes this fight infuriating.

Milijango

Quitting on the
nameless fuckface

Sprint the fuck away as soon as he springs up into the air. You will get super good at reading that eventually.

Khezu

Quitting on the
nameless fuckface

Try to stay at the side of the dragons head at all times, he only does the fire from above if you stay under him.
Though when you do that you have to pay more attention to the kings movements, as he can swipe at you with his spear, but it's' far easier to dodge then fire bullshit.

Nah,
you've gotta meet him in ithyl before you meet him in the dungeon.

Proof:

Friend met him in Ithyl before the dungeon, I didn't, we both beat Ald and then did Yhorm. Siegward appeared in his bossfight. Not mine.

I already said that
met him in Ithryll first. Rescuing him from the dungeon was the last thing I did.

Quitting on the
nameless fuckface

Stand in front to bait the swings and the slow fire breath. He will never use the flying fire breath that way. If you are using lockon you shouldn't be standing below him in the first place.

Beat DA solo, five tries. That was an intense fight. No matter how the fight goes it's over quick; he has very low life so you knock him down fast but his damage is absurd and he can just
knock you off the ledge.
to one shot you. Also eff that stupid
scary tree angel
who shows up and spits hot fire at you, dude scared the piss outta me.

Really good fight, might help people cause it was a blast to play. I seem to be saying that about a lot of these bosses.

Beat DA solo, five tries. That was an intense fight. No matter how the fight goes it's over quick; he has very low life so you knock him down fast but his damage is absurd and he can just
knock you off the ledge.
to one shot you. Also eff that stupid
scary tree angel
who shows up and spits hot fire at you, dude scared the piss outta me.

Really good fight, might help people cause it was a blast to play. I seem to be saying that about a lot of these bosses.

i loved it too.

psychotron

Got to the
Profane Capital
today. Was very surprised to find
Yhorm
two seconds into it. I knew I had to use the
Stormruler
on him, but have never used weapon arts. I died trying to figure it out. Second time he was a joke. Also mimics....fucking everywhere here!

Dimmle

N
ameless
K
ing
cuts an intimidating silhouette but he's a stock standard Souls boss. Just roll. The hardest part of his fight is fighting the camera in the first stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom