• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear people are having a lot of fun with low level PvP. Doesn't that feel so incomplete? Unless you're a badass, your weapons won't even be fully upgraded. Even then they won't be at their full potential in terms of scaling.

That's what makes it fun. Players have lower health and less healing to compensate

Momentary

Banned
I'm on my third run. Time to do some al quests. To get EVERYTHING on this game on your own requires 4 runs at the minimum from what I've seen
because of the brother's weapons.

Sullichin

Beginning to feel this way with my Pyro. I am determined to power through though and once I've finished I'll play a new game as Knight

Pyro definitely picks up. Make sure to go to
Smoldering Lake
as soon as possible. Chaos Fire Orbs and Chaos Bed Vestiges melt shit.
Such a stat investment though. If you don't also have a decent melee weapon, making it through areas can be tough.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Dark Sword ruined all other weapons for me. At least partially. That thing is just too good.

Incoming nerf :D

Tips for Pontiff solo no shield? I didn't have trouble with the watchers phase 2 but I can't seem to read this fellow.

Stay close, except when he leaps in the air in the 2nd phase. He may do a sword into the ground attack which has a nasty explosion and is difficult to avoid.

Dodge to his right (your left) more often than not. Don't be greedy, just hit him once and get ready to dodge again.

Stay by the entrance so that, if you do die, your Souls are within easy reach.

His
phantom preempts his next move
so react accordingly.

Phantom is weak. Killing it will make him summon another giving you some time to get a few hits in.

He's really weak to thrust attacks for some reason.

Hope that helps!

Bluenoser

Just beat the game! Final boss was so awesome.
I even went for the thematic approach by popping an ember as he went into the second phase. Didn't take me a lot of tries. Maybe 4 or 5, but in the one I won I used all 15 of my ear is flasks. Very satisfying :D

Grats! I ripped myself off of soloing that boss. For one, I didn't know it was the final boss, and I summoned
Yuria and another NPC
because I waned to see if anything special happens, and I wasn't expecting to win my first time fighting a new boss, so when I won, a
nd walked up to the bonfire and it said "link the fire" I was like FUCK!!!!

This shitty ass backwards side quest design needs to be criticized because from gets praise up the wazoo and criticism is lost amidst the brown nosing.

The fact they've done this not once but 4/5 times is inexcusable.

You're welcome to all the blues summoned into my game last night while I was co-oping with a friend of mine. We usually had the invaders dead before the summoned help even arrived. Probably confusing getting summoned and immediately booted, but hopefully they still get their reward.

The
red eyed skeletons in Catacombs
will drop Embers. I would know since I got a shitload from farming them for Shackles.

Hodrick red phantom drops one if you kill him or farm them in spoiler.

Already got it from Hodrick red phantom :/ but I finally got summon for a 1v1 :3

I am so sick of seeing estocs and rapiers in PVP.
They are so hard to dodge.
Yeah I need a new pvp weapon. Tired of poking people. Welp prob will use the estoc when I play with rl friends just to kill the invader quickly
hopefully :p

24hr

Not sure how it works, but is there anyway someone can join my game to help me with this boss or isn't that possible?

The Battle Axe is fun to use for pvp. Short range, but pretty quick, and very powerful for its speed. I hated it early on (it's the starting weapon for the warrior class) but it quickly grew on me. I'm still early though; maybe it gets outclassed later on.

Not sure how it works, but is there anyway someone can join my game to help me with this boss or isn't that possible?

What system? And yes you can summon people or be summon to other people's world.

To summon people into your world, you need to use a ember and find the summon sign on the ground. The area boss has to be alive in order to summon people (not counting red summon sign which is for pvp) If you want to summon a specific person, you need to have the corresponding password.

To be summon into other people's world, you need to buy the white soapstone from the old lady in firelink shrine. And use it to leave your summon sign on the ground who whomever to summon you.

edit: what boss and what system?

edit2: this link will provide more detail regarding dark souls online.

24hr

What system? And yes you can summon people or be summon to other people's world.

To summon people into your world, you need to use a ember and find the summon sign on the ground. The area boss has to be alive in order to summon people (not counting red summon sign which is for pvp) If you want to summon a specific person, you need to have the corresponding password.

To be summon into other people's world, you need to buy the white soapstone from the old lady in firelink shrine. And use it to leave your summon sign on the ground who whomever to summon you.

edit: what boss and what system?

vordt of the boreal valley
XONE

test_account

XP-39C²
Why isnt there a way to see how many items you've given to each covenants? I know that Darkmoon Knights has a leaderboard, but why is this the only covenant that has such thing? Really strange design choice, in my opinion.

This shitty ass backwards side quest design needs to be criticized because from gets praise up the wazoo and criticism is lost amidst the brown nosing.

While it might suck to have missed some elements in a quest because they're hard to figure out, its pretty sweet when you do discover it though.

Sullichin

I feel like I could safely ignore the NPC quests in every other game, except unlock the boss crow lady in DS2.. and not really miss out on anything.

Here, I've fucked myself out of weapons and spells that I had no idea were locked behind NPC quests. Not a fan.

Bluenoser

I'm about to do this in NG+. Just need to reach his final spot. Fucking obscure steps in order to complete his quest.

I find many of the quests obscure. It's annoying really because you have to meet up with the NPC at a certain location at a certain time, before a certain boss is defeated, without talking to another certain NPC. How the hell are you supposed to figure that out on your own? At least with some quest lines, they stay open even after you've killed bosses, etc.

The only complex ones I successfully completed were the
Yoel/Yuria one, and the one fore Leonhard, but that was only when I was at endgame and went ring/spell hunting and read that you had to complete his quest for the soul to get one of the spells, so I had help.

Siegward was particularly annoying because
I went through Irithyll dungeon first before even knowing he was stuck in the well so he never showed up in the kitchen, and I broke his quest.

LiK

Any good way to farm some Proof of Concord Kept ? I wasn't summoned even standing in "pvp areas" for hours (like after the pontiff) :/

are you prepared for what lies ahead?

I find many of the quests obscure. It's annoying really because you have to meet up with the NPC at a certain location at a certain time, before a certain boss is defeated, without talking to another certain NPC. How the hell are you supposed to figure that out on your own? At least with some quest lines, they stay open even after you've killed bosses, etc.

The only complex ones I successfully completed were the
Yoel/Yuria one, and the one fore Leonhard, but that was only when I was at endgame and went ring/spell hunting and read that you had to complete his quest for the soul to get one of the spells, so I had help.

Siegward was particularly annoying because
I went through Irithyll dungeon first before even knowing he was stuck in the well so he never showed up in the kitchen, and I broke his quest.

the worst thing about the Siegward quest was
that in order for him to be IN the well, i had to open the main Cathedral doors to trigger it which is not even a long the way to the boss. You had to go find them even after beating the final boss.
there was no point for me to open them since i got the final bonfire in that area. lame

TheGrue

Do we have any ideas yet on how long we will need to wait for DLC? I finished the game last night and I don't want to get boned like in Bloodborne where I did NG+ and then got distracted by other games such that when the DLC hit, I had to play a ton of game to be able to do Old Hunters.

I do have 3 side areas I didn't fully do that I can do with my current game, but trying to make a decision on whether I want to do NG+ or just let it sit until the DLC comes.

Man, why do you have to
fight the first phase of the nameless king over and over again?
It's not even difficult, just tedious. It makes me not want to bother with it at all.

Bluenoser

Man, why do you have to
fight the first phase of the nameless king over and over again?
It's not even difficult, just tedious. It makes me not want to bother with it at all.

Once you get a pattern down, it goes down so fast it's not even a bother. Literally like 6-7 hits, and if you manage to stun him, and get the critical, he's dead.

And I believe that fight is harder doing co-op. Spent 2 hours putting my sign down last night trying to get some sunlight medals, and every time the host died before we could get TNK down to even half health.

Used all my embers to try and beat the boss. Didn't realise it was needed to summon people.

God help me this game </3

Buy the white sign soapstone from the old lady in firelink shrine. You can be summon to help other people kill the boss, without being in ember form/ using a ember. In addition, you will get a X% of the souls from the boss and a ember item. No idea if you automatically get your ember restored, well I dont think so.

Either way, thats a way for you to get embers to summon people into your game to help you.

Good luck :3

Astral

Out of curiosity, are you guys farming these covenant items for completion purposes or because you really want the covenant rewards?

LiK

coop against bosses is fun and you also learn the boss patterns quickly. and if you die, there's nothing to lose.

Out of curiosity, are you guys farming these covenant items for completion purposes or because you really want the covenant rewards?

both. it's attainable so why not.

More completion purposes. I just like getting the platnium for the souls games. Don't have demon souls since I started playing the game years after release T_T and been busy with rl.

Novocaine

Both. Most of the covenants are stupid easy and take an hour or two of casual farming, but there are a couple that are straight up silly.

White Sign Soapstone is greyed out and won't allow me to use it?

Try moving around a little, there are some spots that don't let you drop signs, usually in a boss room or moving platform area.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Question about leveling up in NG+.

If I'm already SL95, should I continue to level certain stats up? Here's where I am right now:

Vigor: 28
Vitality: 22
Strength: 40
Endurance: 40
Dexterity: 19

The rest is unchanged (knight class). What would you guys suggest I level up next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom