• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

coop against bosses is fun and you also learn the boss patterns quickly. and if you die, there's nothing to lose.

both. it's attainable so why not.

More completion purposes. I just like getting the platnium for the souls games. Don't have demon souls since I started playing the game years after release T_T and been busy with rl.

It's just amazing that people have to resort to farming enemies for hours to get the covenant items instead of enjoying the covenant itself. I'm so glad all I wanted was the Obscuring Ring from Rosaria's Fingers and that pale tongues are so easy to get.

LiK

It's just amazing that people have to resort to farming enemies for hours to get the covenant items instead of enjoying the covenant itself. I'm so glad all I wanted was the Obscuring Ring from Rosaria's Fingers and that pale tongues are so easy to get.

Covenants are broken so why bother. I tried doing Mound-makers the legit way but all I got was being ganked left and right. That was no fun. Invade, 3-4 guys destroy me or use seeds and also destroy me, repeat. The only covenant that worked constantly was being a Sunbro.

i need to clarify that i'm doing them strictly for trophies.

What issue do you have with the side quests?
What issues do you NOT have with it compared to other designs? Being ambiguous as to lore it's fine as other games can and have done it and it works well in here for the community to discover and discuss the story and Lore together.

But the side quests you shouldn't have to worry that missing an encounter of an npc locks you out of the next one and that npcs quest line with no information whatsoever to make an informed decision without having to look it up online from people who have tried and failed before.

In this game we have npcs die when you enter a new area with no indication as to why. If you didn't do y before that which makes another npc appear then congratulations both of those npc questions are locked for you. Heck a whole fucking ending is locked for you in this run without even being given the option to decide.

Didn't open every single path way in an area? Didn't meet a completely different npc that you don't even know up until that point? Didn't go to a random background item that you ignored multiple times before? Did you turn on a bonfire because logically you would want to be able to warp back there when you want to go to that area later, but forgot to meet the npc at a different area that for some reason you u absolutely have to meet there before being going to the new area?

Congratulations, you just broke another 1 or 2 quest lines, maybe even got another npc killed. Good luck finding a body to regain shit.

So much shit is tied together with no indication. You can miss out on items, trophies, and even armor/weapons. It's not even vague, you absolutely need to have this information present to be able to do it all.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Question about leveling up in NG+.

If I'm already SL95, should I continue to level certain stats up? Here's where I am right now:

Vigor: 28
Vitality: 22
Strength: 40
Endurance: 40
Dexterity: 19

The rest is unchanged (knight class). What would you guys suggest I level up next?

Depends on what you want to do with your character.

If you're into organized PVP, currently most PVPers stop at lvl 100. If not, then go ham and level up all you want.

Novocaine

Why can't you do both at the same time? Farm covenant items while you're waiting to be summoned to defend an area.

Eh yeah kinda sucks. I just dont get summon for the watchdogs or darkmoon/blue sentient convents. Think I only for summon twice for each and I played atleast 100 hours since the Japaneses release.
edit: also should mention I do enjoy getting every armor sets, weapons, magics in the souls games as well. So for me, its not that bad.

Covenants are broken so why bother. I tried doing Mound-makers the legit way but all I got was being ganked left and right. That was no fun. Invade, 3-4 guys destroy me or use seeds and also destroy me, repeat. The only covenant that worked constantly was being a Sunbro.

i need to clarify that i'm doing them strictly for trophies.

If you ever want to cheese the mount makers, let me know

joanot

It's just amazing that people have to resort to farming enemies for hours to get the covenant items instead of enjoying the covenant itself.

Im at
anor londo
in my ng+ run, near the bonfire you can see other players phantoms with the mimic head, standing up & running up the stairs XD its amazing lol

LiK

Eh yeah kinda sucks. I just dont get summon for the watchdogs or darkmoon/blue sentient convents. Think I only for summon twice for each and I played atleast 100 hours since the Japaneses release.

If you ever want to cheese the mount makers, let me know

i already completed it. got half from PVP and half from farming. guess what? they took about the same time.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Depends on what you want to do with your character.

If you're into organized PVP, currently most PVPers stop at lvl 100. If not, then go ham and level up all you want.

But, like, if I don't level up at all I'll eventually be pretty underleveled for NG+, won't I?

Novocaine

What issues do you NOT have with it compared to other designs? Being ambiguous as to lore it's fine as other games can and have done it and it works well in here for the community to discover and discuss the story and Lore together.

But the side quests you shouldn't have to worry that missing an encounter of an npc locks you out of the next one and that npcs quest line with no information whatsoever to make an informed decision without having to look it up online from people who have tried and failed before.

In this game we have npcs die when you enter a new area with no indication as to why. If you didn't do y before that which makes another npc appear then congratulations both of those npc questions are locked for you. Heck a whole fucking ending is locked for you in this run without even being given the option to decide.

Didn't open every single path way in an area? Didn't meet a completely different npc that you don't even know up until that point? Didn't go to a random background item that you ignored multiple times before? Did you turn on a bonfire because logically you would want to be able to warp back there when you want to go to that area later, but forgot to meet the npc at a different area that for some reason you u absolutely have to meet there before being going to the new area?

Congratulations, you just broke another 1 or 2 quest lines, maybe even got another npc killed. Good luck finding a body to regain shit.

So much shit is tied together with no indication. You can miss out on items, trophies, and even armor/weapons. It's not even vague, you absolutely need to have this information present to be able to do it all.

It's being obscure for the sake of being obscure, and it sucks. A lot of the quest lines are great but if I didn't look up anything I would have missed a good majority of them.

zewone

I see, yes, in the regard that completing it yourself without any online knowledge is pretty tough, I think maybe FROM intended for these quests to likely fail the first time and that you would finish them through trial and error. I feel like the quests are extremely easy, but also easy to miss out on as you pointed out.

Sullichin

Big fan of 120 meta for people who don't want to play with some meta ass thrusting/straight sword build.
Hell a pyro at 120 probably has more weaknesses than a pure phys character at 100.
Looking forward to some balance patches

Avarice helm, Gold serpent ring and coins. also, i watched youtube videos while i farmed. made like 2.5+ million souls in the process, lol

Haha, that makes me remember of DS2 when farming sun medals or something.
I got the helm but I have yet to find the ring, I'll look for it.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Soul level 54 and I'm at the n
ameless king
. I need to git gud, I'm like 0-15 against his second phase.

Holy shit, I tackled that fight 35 levels above you and it was still hard. Can't imagine how difficult it must be at level 54.

psylah

It's almost impossible for me to summon anyone in the
Great Belfry
in order to fight
The Nameless King
. One in every 30 or so summon signs actually works, something is seriously wrong.

So I'm gonna do it solo. I can get him on the ground and down to about half health before I get killed.

But yeah, anyone else have big issues with multiplayer in this area?

LiK

The good news is the next regulation patch will make NPC quest requirements less strict. Not sure what that means but a least FROM acknowledged it. Patch release is still TBD tho.

Astral

Soul level 54 and I'm at the n
ameless king
. I need to git gud, I'm like 0-15 against his second phase.

Yeah I would just leave for now lol. It's definitely doable but hard as fuck. I was level 74 when I beat him but I had to resort to kiting him with arrows because I was too scared of him.

ViciousDS

Banned
I should start posting this video every time I hear someone has trouble with that fight.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how anyone who's played a souls game before just doesn't walk over that fight. You can straight up walk up to him and hammer him till your stamina is depleted walk away and heal, then do it again and he's dead due to how easy he staggers.

yes, it was an awkward fight considering how fucking insane
the damn tree is, or just fighting any darkwraith was harder. Darkwraiths fucking cheese you....you could literally back attack them and they don't get animation locked and just turn around, grab you and drain you.

Great Belfry
in order to fight
The Nameless King
. One in every 30 or so summon signs actually works, something is seriously wrong.

So I'm gonna do it solo. I can get him on the ground and down to about half health before I get killed.

The thirst for sunbros for
The Nameless King
is real. If you are on PS4, I can help out.

edit: sorry something urgent came up so I have to get going. But looks like you dont need me help either way :p

JDB

Banned
Question about leveling up in NG+.

If I'm already SL95, should I continue to level certain stats up? Here's where I am right now:

Vigor: 28
Vitality: 22
Strength: 40
Endurance: 40
Dexterity: 19

The rest is unchanged (knight class). What would you guys suggest I level up next?
Dex so you can actually use fun weapons. :D

Doop

Great Belfry
in order to fight
The Nameless King

I don't think there's an issue, I think there's just a ton of people summoning there. If you put your sign down you're pretty much instantly summoned.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Great Belfry
in order to fight
The Nameless King

Everyone is. There are just a ton of people wanting help their so the people who put down signs literally get summoned instantly. So you just have to keep trying and hope you hit a sign as soon as it pops up, or wait a while until things calm down as more people beat it/give up for good.

psylah

The thirst for sunbros for
The Nameless King
is real. If you are on PS4, I can help out.

edit: sorry something urgent came up so I have to get going. But looks like you dont need me help either way :p

Oh I wasn't playing at the time, just mentioning it. I'm at work.

Thanks anyways!

Welp, time to buy the PS4 version. Apparently the full CE table has a public release now. 8 Invasions - 8 hackers. From infinite HP to rapid fire Greatbows. At least the last two weeks were awesome.

Over 150 hours into the pc version for me. I'm tired of the CTD's and now this bullshit? I have two hours into the PS4 version, time to play catch up!

Agram

Man, fuck invading!
As soon as I invade in Anor Londo, 3 guys already stand by my spawn point and start killing me.

What are other good places?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom