• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Was (boss spoiler) Y
horm
a big disappointment for anyone else? It's like they mixed all the bosses of world 4 from Demon's Souls, but the S
torm Ruler
totally trivializes the fight. It's especially funny when you get summoned and there's 3+ people using it.

Was (boss spoiler) Y
horm
a big disappointment for anyone else? It's like they mixed all the bosses of world 4 from Demon's Souls, but the S
torm Ruler
totally trivializes the fight. It's especially funny when you get summoned and there's 3+ people using it.

It wasn't to me because I didn't know about
Storm Ruler
so I beat him the hard way (still easy tho, just long but great spectacle), it's sad that
Storm Ruler
does that to him tho.

I started a new character; trying out Deprived this time. Holy shit! The start was so much more difficult than my first time as a Warrior. Lol. Just getting to Firelink was a challenge.

Reading through the last few pages of this thread alone makes me realize how much shit I missed on my first playthrough. Geez there's so much hidden stuff and easily missable NPC quests it's crazy.

Bluenoser

It's almost impossible for me to summon anyone in the
Great Belfry
in order to fight
The Nameless King
. One in every 30 or so summon signs actually works, something is seriously wrong.

So I'm gonna do it solo. I can get him on the ground and down to about half health before I get killed.

But yeah, anyone else have big issues with multiplayer in this area?

The worst part is trying to help as a phantom here. I lay my sign down and immediately get summoned every time, but then I have to wait around for 5-15 minutes while the host tries to find 1-2 other people. Then after all that waiting the dude goes and gets himself killed on phase 1. This area is very frustrating for coop. I moved to P.S. fight to help instead... at least there, you have a good chance to win, even if it takes a bit longer to be summoned.

Currently what I'm using, sharp gemed with lightning faith buff. Wish the special attack was a bit faster.

Cresent Moon Sword makes a good backup weapon too.

How are you finding the split physical/magic damage on the Crescent Moon Sword? I've read that weapons with multiple damage types perform worse than weapons with just one type.

Ferrio

Banned
How are you finding the split physical/magic damage on the Crescent Moon Sword? I've read that weapons with multiple damage types perform worse than weapons with just one type.

It's a damage downgrade from the two swords, but only cause I can't lightning buff it. It hits pretty hard, is really fast, and has that projectile skill which is nice. Range is a bit of a bummer though.

Jinaar

nvm, going there now haha

The Pale Tongues were the easiest to farm. Vertebra Shackles will be the death of me. They have a 0.000008 change to drop in my world. I tend to also invade while farming but there is a great chance to run into a gank squad that demolishes my soul.

Farming... ugg.

TitusTroy

those monkey things that love jumping in the air and landing on top of you in Smouldering Lake and Farron Keep are really annoying...is there an easy way to kill them?

Bluenoser

Anyone tried an Anri's Straight Sword luck build yet? Watched a speed runner use it with 40 luck and he was absolutely wrecking every boss he came across. You can use resin on it, and it also has added effect of blessed with HP regen like in Demon's souls.

I think I'm going to try this build on my next character, but the downside is having to kill Anri when I first see her to be able to use it as early as possible.

onionfrog

Dancer
glitch is pretty neat.
The Sword Master NPC is a total bro soloing the whole boss fight for you.

I didn't know about this when I started my soul level 1 character and I am tempted to start a new one and use the glitch.

Sullichin

Anyone tried an Anri's Straight Sword luck build yet? Watched a speed runner use it with 40 luck and he was absolutely wrecking every boss he came across. You can use resin on it, and it also has added effect of blessed with HP regen like in Demon's souls.

I think I'm going to try this build on my next character, but the downside is having to kill Anri when I first see her to be able to use it as early as possible.

Kinda want to do it just for fun to just wreck shit.

I'm more interested in making a luck build in general. That's not really the sword I want to use for it though.

Tarin02543

I've bought this game as an afterthought, thinking I'd play it and it would be ok....but holy hell this game is awesome! It's the demonsouls/darksouls hybrid I've been wanting to play all this time

Risible

everyone everywhere. Even if they don't, as soon as I invade they start to summon phantoms near a bonfire.

What cracks me up is people moaning about this. Every invader I've seen bar one has used the mobs in the level to their advantage and drank estus like that shit was going out of style. You're damn skippy I'm going to summon the squad.

"Face me one on one! Well, one on one plus every monster in this level. Plus all my estus flasks. Plus I've optimized my build for PVP but you're playing PVE." Bullshit. If you invade you better be prepared for any dirty thing I can throw at you.

Sullichin

I miss invading some terrified dude trying to make his way through Sen's Fortress. Now everyone's a foot from the bonfire with 3 of their bros.

Dark Matter

Neo Member
I have a question about a late game quest related to the fire keeper

So, my Fire Keeper just got a brand new pair of eyes and now as a sign of gratitude she want to give me her life. I think i'm gonna do as she ask, there's too much sadness in DSIII already, i can't get any more. And i presume bad things will happen if I don't answer her plea.

I would like to know if there will be any other way to level up without her haging around, i need to know that! And only that!

What cracks me up is people moaning about this. Every invader I've seen bar one has used the mobs in the level to their advantage and drank estus like that shit was going out of style. You're damn skippy I'm going to summon the squad.

"Face me one on one! Well, one on one plus every monster in this level. Plus all my estus flasks. Plus I've optimized my build for PVP but you're playing PVE." Bullshit. If you invade you better be prepared for any dirty thing I can throw at you.

Yep. Invaders can go fuck themselves, you want honor don't force yourself into my game with your "well thiiiis is how Miyazaki intends it to be" then tell me "but don't summon help/ignore you and go to the boss/use Estus". You come into my world without my say so, you get whatever I feel like throwing at you.

Dimmle

I have a question about a late game quest related to the fire keeper

So, my Fire Keeper just got a brand new pair of eyes and now as a sign of gratitude she want to give me her life. I think i'm gonna do as she ask, there's too much sadness in DSIII already, i can't get any more. And i presume bad things will happen if I don't answer her plea.

I would like to know if there will be any other way to level up without her haging around, i need to know that! And only that!

Buy all of Irina's DIVINE miracles (do not buy the dark ones!) and
she'll become a Firekeeper who is capable of leveling you.

Agram

Yep. Invaders can go fuck themselves, you want honor don't force yourself into my game with your "well thiiiis is how Miyazaki intends it go be" then tell me "but don't summon help/ignore you and go to the boss/use Estus". You come into my world without my say so, you get whatever I feel like throwing at you.
I don't invade for pleasure of "punishing" players.
I just need convenant items that unlock spells, rings, miracles...

Edit: I don't even like invading

LiK

That's what the seeds are for. I was invading for the Mound-makers covenant and if all we get are gank squads, then there's no reason to keep playing PVP. It's busted for invaders since you can summon an extra 2-3 phantoms to help.

I can handle 2v1 just fine but 2-3 phantoms + host can demolish any enemies in the game without a sweat. So there's no point in even using them as back up as an invader.

You know how to avoid invaders? Play offline.

laxu

God damn
Nameless King
. The Steam Controller probably helps a lot for first phase camera but it still has those attacks that are quite sure to hit even if you roll and by the time I get to his second phase I'm usually halfway thru my Estus flasks.

JudgeN

Was (boss spoiler) Y
horm
torm Ruler

Its a throw back to the Storm King in demon souls, I loved it personally.

Dimmle

But the dark is so cool and chilling!
I already bought a bunch. I'm fucked?

Well, I'm not sure
if you'll lose the Ashen Maiden if you make the choice you're wanting to
make but by buying those dark miracles you've ensured
Irina will not become a firekeeper.

Keinu

Use your red soapstone then. Do fightclubs.

Red Eye Orb = Get fucked.

So true. I still feel that is this series weakest point in getting new players into pvp. Pvp can be quite fun in these games, but unfortunately most peoples first pvp experience is going to be some red invader doing all that he can to ruin your fun.

Oh, and I do hope I start seeing something else than estoc invaders in the future. Such a boring playstyle even as effective as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom