• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it wouldn't fit the lore, but I would love if you could just use the red soapstone and whatever covenant item you were wearing would be the one you got if you won and vice versa for the host. To be honest I don't see why not since you can sunbro invade and get sunlight medal, or has that been explained somewhere?

And sunbros are the ones that need that help the least imo. Unless you severely over level you can always get more medals from helping people.

j-wood

I continue to be able to backstab consistently with the broadsword. I was helping a friend yesterday and we got invaded a few times.

Multiple times they were attacking him, I lined my sword up behind them, hit R1, and did a normal attack. I don't get it.

Dimmle

So I've noticed a lot of weapon skills are still usable at 0 FP. Is there any disadvantage to having 0 FP if all you're using are weapon skills and you're not a caster?

Keinu

And sunbros are the ones that need that help the least imo. Unless you severely over level you can always get more medals from helping people.

Very true and you can also summon sunbro for your own bossfights and get medals. I usually have over 30 after just 3-4 bosses.

I guess we have to thank
Laddersmith Gilligan
from Dark Souls 2 for the ladders in the
profaned capital
. Probably already known but it just blew my mind.

DS2

DS3(1)
DS3(2)

DS3 - more ladders
This is great. I'm just about to explore this area now as I reached there last night.

A
ldrich
down - fun fight, a bit easy but the kind of Souls boss I like, a set of attacks that you can work with. Some of the bosses have these long 3 or 4 hit combos or chains and it's difficult to get a hit in since you're spending all your stamina on dodging, there's little time to get a hit in.

A
ldrich
, O
ceiros
, and A
ncient Wyvern
down on my SL1 run! Still stuck on D
ragonslayer Armour
. Stupid shield.

Cyrano

Nope. You can only get it from killing hosts or a specific number of phantoms. I got one from killing two phantoms only.
Red Phantoms also count towards the "Killing Phantoms" total. So you can get Shackles as long as you're killing players, effectively.

Cyrano

Red counts?! Wish I knew that now. Altho I barely saw them when I invaded.
This would be the bigger problem, yeah. I'm unsure if a Mound-Maker counts towards the Invader total or if they are counted separately. If they are considered invaders, it would make it difficult to fight red phantoms regardless.

adz2ka

Really though, is there any point in using a White Soapstone as a Mound Maker? I keep using red ones just to avoid PVE enemies

KHlover

Banned
Really though, is there any point in using a White Soapstone as a Mound Maker? I keep using red ones just to avoid PVE enemies

Mad Phantom Co-Op is really fun. Nothing better than to help a host through a difficult area, wait until he has unlocked a shortcut and then backstab the fuck out of him. That way I get my Shackle and the host isn't penalized too badly.

Dimmle

Mad Phantom Co-Op is really fun. Nothing better than to help a host through a difficult area, wait until he has unlocked a shortcut and then backstab the fuck out of him. That way I get my Shackle and the host isn't penalized too badly.

Oh, this sounds good.

LiK

Truly evil.

adz2ka

What about when he summons you in to a game though, traverse through about 50 mobs to find him, then he's the one that decides to backstab you??

KHlover

Banned
What about when he summons you in to a game though, traverse through about 50 mobs to find him, then he's the one that decides to backstab you??

Shit happens. Still better than getting ganked when invading and losing souls. At least I get to keep the souls.

Steel

Banned

The great part is that, even in the worse case and the host dies on their own, you still get a shackle

Keinu

I mean, I see what they were thinking, but it honestly is just such a bad implementation imo. The only people who are gonna fall for this are new players and the result will most likely just scare them away from pvp in the long run. Hope I'm wrong though.

Should I use titanite shards to upgrade what I use? Or save them for something better to come along? I just reached farron keep.
What's the best longsword? I'm currently using broadsword+3 don't really want to keep using titanite stuff if something similar but better will be coming.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Should I use titanite shards to upgrade what I use? Or save them for something better to come along? I just reached farron keep.
What's the best longsword? I'm currently using broadsword+3 don't really want to keep using titanite stuff if something similar but better will be coming.

Use them. You get tons of the regular and later large shards and can eventually farm them easily.

The slabs are scarce so you'll want to be more decisive with those.

Red counts?! Wish I knew that now. Altho I barely saw them when I invaded.

Yes. Why I was saying the duel zone outside of P
ontiff
is so great for purples. They are the only one that get more then just the fun from pvp from fight clubs since they get credit for killing the other phantoms as well.

This would be the bigger problem, yeah. I'm unsure if a Mound-Maker counts towards the Invader total or if they are counted separately. If they are considered invaders, it would make it difficult to fight red phantoms regardless.

They count towards however you are summoned. If you are summoned through the white soapstone you fill a friendly spot, if you invade or are summoned through a red soapstone you fill an invader spot. It also changes how the world reacts to you as well since if you "invade" you aren't detected by and can't kill monsters, but if you are summoned from a white soapstone you are and can.

Keinu

Upgrade what you use, you will get the opportunite to upgrade other weapons later. I used a refined standard longsword my entire first playthrough with no issues.

KHlover

Banned
The great part is that, even in the worse case and the host dies on their own, you still get a shackle

Indeed. Also, when playing with friends you can use it as kind of a "hardcore" option for coop. No more spamming wide swinging attacks with GS if you can quite literally one hit your sorc friend if both of you are not careful.

LiK

You'll be swimming in Titanite shards so don't worry about conserving them. Use them on whatever you like using now.

as far as you are in you should be able to get titanite shards easily. Just dont waste your large titanite shards just yet other than on your preferred weapon.

Keinu

Indeed. Also, when playing with friends you can use it as kind of a "hardcore" option for coop. No more spamming wide swinging attacks with GS if you can quite literally one hit your sorc friend if both of you are not careful.

I hadn't thought about that, but that sounds awesome.

Robiin

Man I'm playing blind but I love watching EpicNameBro when I can't play myself,and he just caught up to where I am in the game. Now I have to quit watching... got a new puppy that has been ruining my game time for the past one and a half weeks. Not unhappy really, just bad timing and it's much easier to watch Youtube when babysitting him and now I can't watch anymore.

LiK

Man I'm playing blind but I love watching EpicNameBro when I can't play myself,and he just caught up to where I am in the game. Now I have to quit watching... got a new puppy that has been ruining my game time for the past one and a half weeks. Not unhappy really, just bad timing and it's much easier to watch Youtube when babysitting him and now I can't watch anymore.

Loving his LP. The blind reactions are gold.

Wtf at these A
byss
W
atchers
. I can parry the three but once the final one comes out it seems impossible to do so.

And the trails that hurt you are bullshit.

One of my favorite things about souls games - there aren't any "better" weapons. Every weapon is viable endgame if upgraded. (except maybe the mail breaker...)

The closest you'll find to "better" will just be a moveset you prefer. Just upgrade whatever you enjoy using and it'll be fine. You'll be swimming in titanite shards later, so you can try out a lot of different weapons.

Anyone know what the giant in
Irythyll Dungeon
drops?

I spent about 10 minutes cheesing him from the upper part and then accidently fell to my death looking for how to actually get down to the bottom. "I wonder how you actually get dow...." .....YOU DIED! I did the exact same thing to one of the giants in C
athedral of Deep
too losing out on the drop there as well, doh!

Enjoying his playthrough too, I've managed to stay just a little ahead of him so the daily updates have been fun. A German Spy's run so far as been slow as hell, I think 3 episodes before he got out of Firelink Shrine - come on Spy there's slow and then there's not breathing!

Sullichin

Irythyll Dungeon
drops?

I spent about 10 minutes cheesing him from the upper part and then accidently fell to my death looking for how to actually get down to the bottom. "I wonder how you actually get dow...." .....YOU DIED! I did the exact same thing to one of the giants in C
athedral of Deep

Think just large titanite shard, maybe a chunk

zewone

Irythyll Dungeon
drops?

athedral of Deep

I'm pretty sure he just drops a
Chunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom