• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randam

Just saw a completely ridiculous in-fight break out in the
Catacombs

I ran towards the chest, avoiding the Stray Demon, on the way to Smoldering Lake first. I saw it was a mimic by the chain and didn't hit it. Turns out Stray Demon can fucking hit it with the fire surges. I suddenly see a mimic sprint past me from behind me, wondering what the fuck is going on. It sprinted downstairs and wildly attacked the Stray Demon while at that exact moment it also aggro'd a skeleton on the ground which also joined in. They somehow managed to clip half of the Stray Demon's health before getting ass-stomped to death.

Utterly absurd and funny to watch.

someone here posted a video of that fight.

I tried it myself and the mimic killed him too in my game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
is there any way to lose lvl in the game?

currently at 128 so thinking of reducing it for online.
No. You have to start over afaik. It's to protect pvp, but with how easy they make co-op and trading, seems a bit moot tbh.

Quikies83

Why is there even a center the camera button? Who the fuck uses that? And why the fuck is it the same button that locks on?

The very first time a dev playtesting was attempting to lock-on to something behind them and the game decided it'd rather reset the camera, that dev should have put down the controller and announced the stupidity and clumsiness of that design.

Yet it persists through four fucking games.

Why.

The games have some really stupid core design. If I'm two-handing my right weapon, why doesn't holding triangle switch to two-handing the left weapon? Why do I have to cycle, especially while I must also juggle all the d-pad shit? Why does holding down on the dpad reset to default item, but not work for spells or weapons? Why the fuck is L3 wasted? At least let me switch spells with it, so I can keep my thumb on player movement and it's one less dpad chore (I encourage you to force this button swap on PS4, it works great in gameplay, but unfortunately breaks the inventory).

All of these little QoL things... it's been FOUR games.

I use it often. But for me, targeting is right stick click and for camera center it's left stick click.
I don't see the problem

Brakke

Banned
So where's a good spot for doing Mound-Maker stuff. I don't really know how to be in the covenant properly since I never summoned a Mad Phantom in my first play through. Is there a place where people reliably summon purples? Or a Mad Phantom combat arena?

Is the only way to get shackles killing the Host?

Anyone got these hot tips I crave? How do I grind Shackles?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I use it often. But for me, targeting is right stick click and for camera center it's left stick click.
I don't see the problem
That's not even an option, afaik. PS4?

I only want the option to disable it, relegating it to L3 would be good enough though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So Yuria is refusing to talk to me
is there any point keeping her alive now?

MilkBeard

Why is there even a center the camera button? Who the fuck uses that? And why the fuck is it the same button that locks on?

The very first time a dev playtesting was attempting to lock-on to something behind them and the game decided it'd rather reset the camera, that dev should have put down the controller and announced the stupidity and clumsiness of that design.

Yet it persists through four fucking games.

Why.

The games have some really stupid core design. If I'm two-handing my right weapon, why doesn't holding triangle switch to two-handing the left weapon? Why do I have to cycle, especially while I must also juggle all the d-pad shit? Why does holding down on the dpad reset to default item, but not work for spells or weapons? Why the fuck is L3 wasted? At least let me switch spells with it, so I can keep my thumb on player movement and it's one less dpad chore (I encourage you to force this button swap on PS4, it works great in gameplay, but unfortunately breaks the inventory).

All of these little QoL things... it's been FOUR games.

There are little quirks, but it works as intended. Most of the time my camera is behind my character so it doesn't really matter that much. I've also gotten used to the range that auto lock will work.

The other complaints you have I don't have issues with. I feel it all works well enough especially when juggling so many different things.

Robiin

Enjoying his playthrough too, I've managed to stay just a little ahead of him so the daily updates have been fun. A German Spy's run so far as been slow as hell, I think 3 episodes before he got out of Firelink Shrine - come on Spy there's slow and then there's not breathing!
Oh, thanks for the tip, I will look him up then! I used to watch him way back but dropped off!

Sullichin

Tons and tons of people on Steam complaining about being flagged for hacking but they haven't done anything.

I haven't noticed anyone complain about it here

Quikies83

That's not even an option, afaik. PS4?

I only want the option to disable it, relegating it to L3 would be good enough though.
Xbone and PC.
Yeah, I don't think you can disable it. My point was that the actions are on different thumbsticks by default. Left is camera, right is lockon

MilkBeard

so am i correct in that the SL meta sweetspot has not deviated in this games compared to previous ones and it is still 120?

It's hard to say at this point. I think because the game is still so new, a lot of people aren't there yet. I bet anywhere around SL100 is a good meta for this game, at least until a community SL has been agreed upon.

Sullichin

so am i correct in that the SL meta sweetspot has not deviated in this games compared to previous ones and it is still 120?
I'm definitely a fan of 120 over 100 for the meta. Gives more options for build variety.

I have two characters at 110 that I plan on bringing to 120 and i'm getting action constantly.

DPB

Xbone and PC.
Yeah, I don't think you can disable it. My point was that the actions are on different thumbsticks by default. Left is camera, right is lockon

Are you sure? I can't see any way of separating them, the default on PC is L3 for jump and R3 is labelled as "camera reset/lock on."

koryuken

I'm definitely a fan of 120 over 100 for the meta. Gives more options for build variety.

I have two characters at 110 that I plan on bringing to 120 and i'm getting action constantly.

I'm going to do SL 120, just so that i can have a 40STR/40DEX build and use every weapon pretty much.

How early are you?

I'm in the Farron Keep area,managed to beat the Crystal Sage boss recently. Trying to get to the Abyss Watchers before I go anywhere else.

EDIT: I need to buy the tower key first, to cure myself I may need around 10,000-13,000 souls, since I only took a couple of 'free' levels

jett

D-Member
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK yeah I beat NK. Used an Ithryil rapier, that really helped, plus the grass that increases your stamina recovery. Now on to NG´+.

Anyone else having trouble with the All Infusions trophy? Just bought 12 daggers and shoved all the infusions on them. I also reversed an infusion with the shriving stone to see if that mattered.

Is it bugged or did I miss something?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
did you heal your Dark Sigil? if yes, you can kill her.

no. Well not intentionally
I killed the assassin because thats what I thought I had to do to go anri alive but apparently that counts as a dark sigil heal
very annoying because thats the ending I was going for

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is the boss vulnerable to frostbite of all things?

I don't know for sure but you can make him bleed so I imagine you may be able to apply frostbite too? I haven't messed with frost weapons at all tho so *shrug*

Brakke

Banned
Anyone else having trouble with the All Infusions trophy? Just bought 12 daggers and shoved all the infusions on them. I also reversed an infusion with the shriving stone to see if that mattered.

Is it bugged or did I miss something?

As Matt pointed out, you missed a coal, but heads up: I did all the infusions on one weapon, you don't need to spread them out. In case anyone's wondering.

I guess putting them on different weapons gives you a "checklist", but I just got the Trophy all at once right before finishing NG so it wasn't hard to keep track.

Pejo

Anybody have luck farming the Harpe dagger? It supposedly drops off of Undead Settlement worker dudes, but I can't seem to find one that drops it. I've been farming the area where the G
iant Archer
shoots at you/the enemies, but all i get is Worker garb and forks/firebombs/hammers.

CookedWildAnemoneshrimp.gif

FUCK THOSE GUYS

Anybody have luck farming the Harpe dagger? It supposedly drops off of Undead Settlement worker dudes, but I can't seem to find one that drops it. I've been farming the area where the G
iant Archer
shoots at you/the enemies, but all i get is Worker garb and forks/firebombs/hammers.

That enemy shows up later, but I can't recall where. A higher level version of it might yield better results.

I've killed so many of the dumb crow hollows on the road of sacrifices I'm starting to doubt they drop hollow gems.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Wow, productive session just there: I beat
Yhorm
on my second try, then
Aldrich
after 4 tries immediately followed by
The Dancer
on my first try. This is after seriously struggling with a couple of earlier bosses, all solo as well. This is my first souls game and I think I am finally gittin' gud.

Just activated the first proper bonfire in
Lothric castle
, anyone know roughly how much of the game is left?

zewone

iant Archer

Wiki says this:

Dropped by the red eyed enemies at Undead Settlement.

There's only a few of those with red eyes.

Wow, productive session just there: I beat
Yhorm
on my second try, then
Aldrich
after 4 tries immediately followed by
The Dancer
on my first try. This is after seriously struggling with a couple of earlier bosses, all solo as well. This is my first souls game and I think I am finally gittin' gud.

Lothric castle

I think you have just 2 major bosses left. They are both damn good fights too, so have fun!

Estoc salt is reminding me of my own salt, the kind of salt that pours from the wounds of my body because there are twinblades that only need to hit you twice to inflict bleeding and they do sooooo much damage. I've seen Peeve talk about it when he saw somebody with the same setup on his stream as well.

I might need to trade for some more hollow gems because *I* should be doing that!

DPB

Lothric castle

There's another area after that one, and a few optional levels you might have missed.

One adjoining the catacombs, another in Lothric Castle which also lets you access a level from Irithyll Dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom