• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keinu

Wtf at these A
byss
W
atchers
. I can parry the three but once the final one comes out it seems impossible to do so.

And the trails that hurt you are bullshit.

He staggers quite easily in the final part I found. I just spam some attacks, dodge a few times and go back to spamming r1 (fast weapon helps a lot).

I'm at the same point now as I was when I stopped playing DSII.
Finished the main story and stuck on a tough, optional dragon boss. I managed to get Nameless King to half health, then promptly got rekt

Bait the charge attack, Dodge, backstab. He also has no poise, so you can knock him out of any attack.
I keep trying the backstab but they seem broken, they don't always register in this one.

I'll be just behind, or right behind, and tap r1 without any input and my character just does a normal swing.

Anyone have any fun luck builds that aren't Anri Straightsword?

Luck builds are only going to do so much, IMO. The other option are Hollowed Weapons (which are usually Dex/Luck builds which is what I'm doing right now). There's Int/Luck and Faith/Luck, but I think those would just use Anri's Sword as well.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Anyone played with INT builds? Are they viable at all? I´m near the end of my first playthrough and been using a pure DEX build with no magic/pyro,

Wtf at these A
byss
W
atchers
. I can parry the three but once the final one comes out it seems impossible to do so.

And the trails that hurt you are bullshit.

It sucks, but you have to roll a lot. I recommend not even using a shield for the fight as you'll need lots of stamina. Get into a rhythm and you'll find you can get 2-3 hits in after his combos. It probably took me 30 tries, but I finally beat him at 2 a.m. last night/this morning.

Sullichin

Luck builds are only going to do so much, IMO. The other option are Hollowed Weapons (which are usually Dex/Luck builds which is what I'm doing right now). There's Int/Luck and Faith/Luck, but I think those would just use Anri's Sword as well.

Yeah I meant a hollowed weapon build.

Already did str, quality and pyro runs and a little int/dex. Want to try hollowed

zewone

Anyone played with INT builds? Are they viable at all? I´m near the end of my first playthrough and been using a pure DEX build with no magic/pyro,

First playthrough I did pure DEX, respec'd for NG+ for a full INT build with Moonlight Greatsword. Completely viable. Magic makes many portions of the game extremely easy.

It sucks, but you have to roll a lot. I recommend not even using a shield for the fight as you'll need lots of stamina. Get into a rhythm and you'll find you can get 2-3 hits in after his combos. It probably took me 30 tries, but I finally beat him at 2 a.m. last night/this morning.
The fucking irritating part is that his sword has an insane range. This is so annoying.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hah, latest ENB was great, he sure loved
Abyss Watchers
as expected. The
in-fighting between them is such a great little twist and surprise.
He sure did better than me on my first run. I think it's the boss I had to retry most out of them all.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
if I use a shriving stone on a refined weapon, do I get my refine gem back?

Riposte

Can you mash out of grabs? I could have sworn that I did a few times where the full animation didn't play. My friend is telling I can't.

Thorgal

I keep trying the backstab but they seem broken, they don't always register in this one.

I'll be just behind, or right behind, and tap r1 without any input and my character just does a normal swing.

the phase 1 and 2 version of them/him Staggers easily so once you get a hit in keep hitting him until you are almost out of Stamina ,leaving just enough to dodge away afterwards .

Brakke

Banned
So where's a good spot for doing Mound-Maker stuff. I don't really know how to be in the covenant properly since I never summoned a Mad Phantom in my first play through. Is there a place where people reliably summon purples? Or a Mad Phantom combat arena?

Is the only way to get shackles killing the Host?

KHlover

Banned

Enemies can literally walk out of backstabs sometimes in Dark Souls III ;-;

First part of the animation will play but the enemy only takes damage similar to a regular R1 and doesn't get knocked down.

Cyrano

Just mash the attack buttons and you'll get out. I did it a few times. Works for other enemy grab moves too.
Ah - I am wrong, you can mash out of grabs apparently.

for anyone worried about spoilers,
Stray Demon fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbfkURrvIuk&feature=youtu.be&t=53s

Seems like mashing the shoulder buttons is more effective than the face buttons? Purely anecdotal but seems to be what people on reddit are saying.

dude

dude
So, as I said before, this game is my first FROM/Souls game. One of the things that always scared me was being invaded, because I'm pretty sure I suck at this game. So today I got invaded for the first time (other than NPC invades), and it was frigging awesome. I managed to win, but the battle was pretty exciting, especially knowing it's PvP. I actually can't wait to be invaded again. This one fight completely sold me on the game's online features. Currently I'm a Blue Sentinel, what should I do to get summoned to help other people?

Just saw a completely ridiculous in-fight break out in the
Catacombs

I ran towards the chest, avoiding the Stray Demon, on the way to Smoldering Lake first. I saw it was a mimic by the chain and didn't hit it. Turns out Stray Demon can fucking hit it with the fire surges. I suddenly see a mimic sprint past me from behind me, wondering what the fuck is going on. It sprinted downstairs and wildly attacked the Stray Demon while at that exact moment it also aggro'd a skeleton on the ground which also joined in. They somehow managed to clip half of the Stray Demon's health before getting ass-stomped to death.

Utterly absurd and funny to watch.

LiK

So, as I said before, this game is my first FROM/Souls game. One of the things that always scared me was being invaded, because I'm pretty sure I suck at this game. So today I got invaded for the first time (other than NPC invades), and it was frigging awesome. I managed to win, but the battle was pretty exciting, especially knowing it's PvP. I actually can't wait to be invaded again.

I hated getting invaded in Demon's and Dark Souls 1 so I played offline but I played online in DkS2 and I enjoyed the invasions. It adds a level of tension to the game that is hard to match. But I understand if people hate being invaded at all especially in a tough area.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Catacombs

I ran towards the chest, avoiding the Stray Demon, on the way to Smoldering Lake first. I saw it was a mimic by the chain and didn't hit it. Turns out Stray Demon can fucking hit it with the fire surges. I suddenly see a mimic sprint past me from behind me, wondering what the fuck is going on. It sprinted downstairs and wildly attacked the Stray Demon while at that exact moment it also aggro'd a skeleton on the ground which also joined in. They somehow managed to clip half of the Stray Demon's health before getting ass-stomped to death.

Yeah while watching a speedrun I heard that
the mimic can really fuck the stray demon up. I need to try that sometime
In-fighting is so awesome.

zewone

Catacombs

Use that Share button. :)

Yeah while watching a speedrun I heard that
the mimic can really fuck the stray demon up. I need to try that sometime
In-fighting is so awesome.

It did man.
The mimic was bashing him from one side with the skeleton slashing at its ass and they had it in this confused loop turning from side to side until it flipped out and did an ass-stomp for the ultimate KO.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why is there even a center the camera button? Who the fuck uses that? And why the fuck is it the same button that locks on?

The very first time a dev playtesting was attempting to lock-on to something behind them and the game decided it'd rather reset the camera, that dev should have put down the controller and announced the stupidity and clumsiness of that design.

Yet it persists through four fucking games.

Why.

The games have some really stupid core design. If I'm two-handing my right weapon, why doesn't holding triangle switch to two-handing the left weapon? Why do I have to cycle, especially while I must also juggle all the d-pad shit? Why does holding down on the dpad reset to default item, but not work for spells or weapons? Why the fuck is L3 wasted? At least let me switch spells with it, so I can keep my thumb on player movement and it's one less dpad chore (I encourage you to force this button swap on PS4, it works great in gameplay, but unfortunately breaks the inventory).

All of these little QoL things... it's been FOUR games.

How fast can I get 20,000 souls relatively early game? I need to cure my hollowing, never wanted to agree to Yoel's 'gift' but I was approaching a tough boss and was repeatedly getting rekt so I guessed I should take a couple more stat boosts out of desperation. It's what my character's imagined personality would have done, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom