• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think you can use a Titanite Slab on it (unless that is what brings it to +5?). Should I be using something else? I have 33 DEX and 40 STR.

Titanite Slab is always the item that brings a weapon to its max rank. Which will be either +5 or +10. I'm pretty sure the sword in question is maxed at +5.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Titanite Slab is always the item that brings a weapon to its max rank. Which will be either +5 or +10. I'm pretty sure the sword in question is maxed at +5.

All weapons require a Titanite Slab to reach max.

+10 for regular weapons
+5 for special/boss weapons

Ah shit, are the slabs hard to get? If so is there a sword that I should be using instead to do more damage? (33 DEX 40 STR)

zewone

Ah shit, are the slabs hard to get?If so is there a sword that I should be using instead to do more damage? (33 DEX 40 STR)

Slabs are fairly rare, but you can get a few per play through.

I'd recommend making sure you really like the weapon first, but don't be too afraid to level up that weapon you like.

jett

D-Member
NG+ is kind of meh. I'm not feeling the added difficulty are the treasures are mostly the same. Is there a point in searching every corner in further playthroughs?

Have you tried the Estoc?

I have it but haven't upgraded it, maybe I'll get around to that.

It's more than an hour past my bedtime. I really wanted to kill those asshole
knights on the rafters
in the cathedral before I went to bed, but my Internet crapped out. Maybe for the best, because I should probably sleep.

Does anyone know whether the Watchdogs is supposed to summon to both Road of Sacrifices and Farron Keep, or just the former? I've been summoned twice to Road of Sacrifices, and been invaded there twice as well. Never in Farron Keep though.

I really think they should make it work for Farron Keep if it doesn't at the moment. It's a fun area to invade, and it would probably make the covenant work a bit better as I'd imagine people are higher level there, and also spend longer on average because you need to
take the fires out one time before you can rush straight for the boss

I got the Twinswords and they're actually working. Do you think there's any chance of Twinblades being buffed to be not so garbage? Drang Hammers' skill could use some work too, I don't know why L2 doesn't break shields.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Slabs are fairly rare, but you can get a few per play through.

I'd recommend making sure you really like the weapon first, but don't be too afraid to level up that weapon you like.

Anyone use the kingslayer's ring in Pvp? If so what do you think?

You get about ~5 slabs per game. Something like that.

You can get up to 8 slabs in your first playthrough:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Titanite+Slab

They're uncommon. I think you can get 8 or so of them in your first playthrough. That should be plenty.

Thanks guys, I quite like the weapon but was worried that a +5 wouldn't be as good as a ++10.

Tarkus

Gets killed from across the room

Fix your goddamn servers bamco

Damn the whole
Lothric Castle (including Archives)
might be the best area of the game. Tons of vertivality, diverse challenges, secrets, awesome sense of progession, and
Dragon Armour
was one of the best bosses in the game.

Thinking about getting a game and can only afford one.

For Dark Souls III I have a question:

I don't have PS+ so all I'd miss out on is invasions and the ghost messages/trailings, right? I can still play normally?

Probably won't quite have enough for this but if I do, an answer would be nice. Tho I just came off of playing Watch Dogs online without PS+ when i discovered that I got invaded there so I have no idea whats even going on there lol.

MilkBeard

Anyone use the kingslayer's ring in Pvp? If so what do you think?

You get about ~5 slabs per game. Something like that.

There are 8 (yes, 8) slabs in one playthrough. Although, a few of them are hard to find/easy to miss. One involves progressing a questline. I'm pretty sure that you can at least get that far in the questline to get the slab, though.

MilkBeard

Thinking about getting a game and can only afford one.

For Dark Souls III I have a question:

I don't have PS+ so all I'd miss out on is invasions and the ghost messages/trailings, right? I can still play normally?

Probably won't quite have enough for this but if I do, an answer would be nice. Tho I just came off of playing Watch Dogs online without PS+ when i discovered that I got invaded there so I have no idea whats even going on there lol.

Souls games are definitely tailored to be played offline, as well as online. I played through 80% of DS3 offline before I got PSPlus. It is a great experience either offline or online.

MilkBeard

Damn the whole
might be the best area of the game. Tons of vertivality, diverse challenges, secrets, awesome sense of progession, and
Dragon Armour

That is also probably my favorite boss to co op, because he actually has quite a bit of HP with summons and the hosts tend to die, so it's not as easy to complete as a summon.

Also, PVP on the rooftops is insane.

Bossun

Man SL 135 and I almost never get summoned as a blue phantom. I tried to farm the ears in the silver knights but after 2 hours with 400 item find I found the staggering amount of zero proof of concord...

It's getting really really annoying..it's the least covenant I need to up..

KHlover

Banned
So how do I get the armour from the front cover?

Beat the final boss and DON'T start NG+ immediately. Shrine keeper will sell it.

Eh? How does that happen? I don't have Symbol of Avarice so please explain.

It gives +50% souls and item discovery, in return you lose 10HP/sec. Seems like the user was afk for 3-5min, which would be enough for symbol of avarice to kill him twice and result in a loss of souls.

MilkBeard

Man SL 135 and I almost never get summoned as a blue phantom. I tried to farm the ears in the silver knights but after 2 hours with 400 item find I found the staggering amount of zero proof of concord...

It's getting really really annoying..it's the least covenant I need to up..

That's a bit overleveled for the covenant, I think. 70-100-ish is good, at least for me on PS4.

HELL YES!!!! I did it! D
ragonslayer Armour
is finally down on my SL1 low upgrade run! My nerves are so shot I can hardly type right now. 50 pale pine resins and 7 embers gone, but not for naught! WHOOOOO!!! That was by FAR the biggest roadblock I've had all game. 4 bosses left.

Bluenoser

Beat the final boss and DON'T start NG+ immediately. Shrine keeper will sell it.

It gives +50% souls and item discovery, in return you lose 10HP/sec. Seems like the user was afk for 3-5min, which would be enough for symbol of avarice to kill him twice and result in a loss of souls.

yup, I was afk a lot longer than that, probably died 20 times.

easy to forget that you have it on. Sucks that it drains while resting at a bonfire too.

Footos22

That's 3 Lords of cinder down. All firsr time solo. They look cool but are ultimately a let down compared to.some of the normal bosses.
Aldrich or whatever it's name is was a joke with a morion blade +4 and great chaos fireball.

K' Dash

HELL YES!!!! I did it! D
ragonslayer Armour
is finally down on my SL1 low upgrade run! My nerves are so shot I can hardly type right now. 50 pale pine resins and 7 embers gone, but not for naught! WHOOOOO!!! That was by FAR the biggest roadblock I've had all game. 4 bosses left.

I hope you're taping this run because I want to see it.

I tip my hat to you good Sir.

I hope you're taping this run because I want to see it.

I tip my hat to you good Sir.

I stopped on this one unfortunately, it took too long to actually win the fight and I ran out of space on my hard drive. o_o

I'll make sure to get NK, CG, and L
othric
though!

Is there any enemy in this game that is too weak to shield break?

Gameplay feels off to me. Unbalanced. Not so much hard as frustrating. Every enemy hits ridiculously hard and recovers from hits way too fast.

Maybe it's just me...

MilkBeard

Is there any enemy in this game that is too weak to shield break?

Gameplay feels off to me. Unbalanced. Not so much hard as frustrating. Every enemy hits ridiculously hard and recovers from hits way too fast.

Maybe it's just me...

Shield stability is more important in this game, look for that stat in which shield you use.

Also, the enemies are faster, but there are still clear signs for when to attack. Look for those. Many enemies can be parried and riposted/backstabbed.

Sande

Shouldn't Symbol of Avarice be a guaranteed drop? I'm pretty sure I killed all mimics but didn't get it.

Damn the whole
Dragon Armour
I would exclude indoor A
rchives
from that.
Fucking curse hands everywhere and mages constantly peppering you with shit from above.
Possibly my least favourite area in a Souls game.

KHlover

Banned
yup, I was afk a lot longer than that, probably died 20 times.

easy to forget that you have it on. Sucks that it drains while resting at a bonfire too.

At least it won't take THAT long to get the souls back if you're skilled in killing the Winged Knights after
Archives
. With almost 26k souls per kill with Symb. of. Avar. + SoF + CSSR it'll "only" take five runs

Shouldn't Symbol of Avarice be a guaranteed drop? I'm pretty sure I killed all mimics but didn't get it.

I would exclude indoor A from that. Possibly my least favourite area in a Souls game.

Take a wax bath next time to make the area a bit more bearable ;)

I would exclude indoor A
rchives
from that.
Fucking curse hands everywhere and mages constantly peppering you with shit from above.
Possibly my least favourite area in a Souls game.

Curse is a non factor with the wax, which is easily available.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm trying to do the
Anri of Astora
storyline, but I'm kinda stuck.

I was progressing well until I reached the Catacombs of Carthus. I spoke with him once at the beginning and told him I didn't know where his friend went. Then proceeded with the dungeon... and he wasn't after the bridge you're supposed to cut down to go to the fiery lake. I went on and killed Horace, but Anri hasn't shown up at the Church of Yorshka or the Darkmoon Sanctuary. The NPC that replaces Yoel keeps telling me that "a friend has been taking Anri to the place of the wedding", but there's no one there.

I'm boned, right? I somehow fucked up the questline, if I have to guess...

Wondering if people might be able to guide me to whatever the next location is. I have not revisited every location to find something I missed, but I usually find most of the branching paths in my first playthrough. However, I do not know where to go.

Recent bosses I recently beat:

The Old Demon King (or whatever it was called... near the giant lightning worm)
Woldnir (the big guy with the bracelets)

The only Lord of Cinder I have beat up to this point is
Abyss Watchers

Wondering if people might be able to guide me to whatever the next location is. I have not revisited every location to find something I missed, but I usually find most of the branching paths in my first playthrough. However, I do not know where to go.

The only Lord of Cinder I have beat up to this point is
Abyss Watchers

There's a path directly behind where you fight
wolnir

there's a big door after wolnir

For those who are in late game in Lothric Castle, there's a really nice farming spot:

The three winged angels drop like 13K souls by default, and with the symbol of avarice, medicant's staff and shield of want (edit: and silver serpent ring) on you'll get 30K a pop with a large shard or a chunk (they also drop blessed gems and gear). You just need Rapport pyro spell to make them fight each other when they land. One whole run takes under 2 minutes from the Grand Cathedral bonfire, so you can get about 450K souls plus several chunks and large shards in just 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom