• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting instantly summoned outside of PS at lvl 122 for fight clubs. Think I'm gonna stop at 125. Was going to stop at 120, but needed those extra levels for my build.

Man Yhorm's Great Machete wrecks shit in PvP.

Yes Sir!

So PvP seems to shift to ~120 now or what? Kept all my chars at ~90 for now but at least for Irithyll im getting less action in the last few days...

Rottmer

Neo Member
Yes Sir!

So PvP seems to shift to ~120 now or what? Kept all my chars at ~90 for now but at least for Irithyll im getting less action in the last few days...

100, or 120. Either works. 120 is best for hybrid builds, however. I've been at 100 and there is no shortage of PvP, and I have a character at 120 as well.

Ferr986

Finally got around to making another one, should be more regular from now on

tumblr_o6a47eTeKc1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Simply beautiful.

usp84

I think you guys are worried too much about soul level.

I am at 190 on my first character and i get tons of invasions and see summon signs everywhere.

MilkBeard

Yeah, I've been doing that, but it gets hard if there's more than one. The boss of the area just wiped the floor with me three times in a row as well. I guess I could summon someone but I really don't like doing that. I've already summoned help for a couple other bosses I got really frustrated on and it feels like cheating, they went from very challenging to total catwalk.

Maybe I'm just not remembering right but I don't recall DS1 being this demanding. There's a LOT of enemies and bosses that can kill me in a hit or two. Maybe I fucked up my character, I have about 15 Vigor, or whatever the HP stat is. But it just gets really, really frustrating. I don't mind the game being challenging. DS1 is one of my favorite games. But let me learn. There's no reason so many enemies need to deal that much damage. I have two boss fights I can do right now, one can one-hit with one move and the other can leave with the slightest sliver of health. Being punished for letting a telegraphed move connect is fine, but when I only get one shot at it it really isn't fun.
15 vigor is really low. You should try to get that up a.s.a.p.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That was the dumbest invasion I've ever done, host with a phantom, I killed the phantom eventually because he was just hiding behind the host most of the time, the host just turtled for 10 minutes after that with a greatshield and tried to kill me with a torch but had to finish me with the shield because I was being aggressive, I don't have the knight slayer ring either so I didn't have much of a chance...

Kick the shield?

Leveling vigor to 25 is probably one of the first things you should do. It'll more than double your HP bar. After 25 you get diminishing returns, but below that you get huge gains.

Oh damn, guess I messed up on that.

Think I will call it quits. I have other games anyway, just got Star Fox and Uncharted comes out in a couple weeks. I'll restart DS3 later and go about my stats smarter.

I feel a little better at sucking now though, I'm sure a few of those bosses would have been a hell of a lot easier with double health, lol.

co1onel

Think I will call it quits. I have other games anyway, just got Star Fox and Uncharted comes out in a couple weeks. I'll restart DS3 later and go about my stats smarter.

I feel a little better at sucking now though, I'm sure a few of those bosses would have been a hell of a lot easier with double health, lol.

You don't need to restart. You can respec at
rosario in cathedral of the deep

MilkBeard

What level are you? Maybe you don't need to start over. If, for example, you start sun-broing for a bit, you can get enough to level pretty quickly. If you want to have an easier time then leveling is the way to go.

Leezard

It's been 120 for like 4 games. Everyone always underlevels their VIT and END. Not to mention the softcaps for DEX and STR.

Yeah, I guess. I have low END but I don't think VIT seems very important - the flat defense boost seems to matter more than the encumbrance limit.

20 Vigor has been enough for the whole game for me, other than that I hit 40 STR/35 DEX. I guess I could put in points for more health and cap the dex.

MilkBeard

One thing I just noticed is that, not only do Hollow weapons scale with luck, they also boost it by 5 points. Didn't realize that until just now. Switching a weapon in and out of equipped was changing my luck stat.

Leezard

One thing I just noticed is that, not only do Hollow weapons scale with luck, they also boost it by 5 points. Didn't realize that until just now. Switching a weapon in and out of equipped was changing my luck stat.

Anri straight sword with a Hollow Shield might be good for your damage then.

Ferr986

My second character is a FTH/DEX at lvl 75 and honestly, it feels about right, although it's more dedicated on weapon buffing.

I have 40 DEX (with the hunter ring) and 30 FTH. VIG is at 27, but honestly, from 27 to 40 there isn't that much difference. My first character is almost lvl 100 , with 40 VIT, and I can take the same hits from bosses, considering how hard they hit.

Only problem for some would be stamina, at only 18, but I'm too used on having low stamina, not having any problem with PvE or PvP, but that's more just me.

At that level, I have instant coop from A
ldrich
till the final boss. And fight clubs are populated. Same thing happened with DS2 really, you got PvP in all ranges.

Btw, it wasn't always 120. DS1 was first 100, then bumpled. DS2 was 150. BB had a lot of disparity between 100 and 120 but honestly the PvP scene wasn't that big there. 120 was more about having enough vit for Chalice Depth 5 runs, not for PvP. 100 feels like the sweet spot to me but I don't really care much if it's 120.

Lyonaz

Are there any restrictions on stuff you can trade with your co-op partner? Yesterday I wanted to give him a ton of shards, but he couldn't see and pick them up, only weapons and armor so far.

MilkBeard

Anri straight sword with a Hollow Shield might be good for your damage then.

Thanks for the tip. The weapon itself actually has to be equipped in hand to make it boost the stat.

The shield thing though helps. I tested it by using my remaining hollow gem and infused a decent shield. It boosts luck a few points, and also upgrading the shield will increase the amount it boosts luck as well.

myco666

Reading couple of the last thread on this page did they actually broke the game on PS4?

Had fun yesterday evening equipping Way of the Blue emblem and using Dried Finger. Managed to summon in 5 Blue Phantoms before dying. Most of the time they were too late though and the invader had usually died before the blue spawned in. Hopefully those guys got their Proofs.

Styles

Oh, so I just encountered an invisible invader...

[edit] and the hyper armour on these UGSs are ridiculous. My poor Gotthard Twinswords. :(

Ruuppa

So are
Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon Blades/Watchdogs of Farron
bugged or what? I don't seem to get summoned to any of them, no matter where I am or how long I wait. In contrast, I can get summoned for
Aldrich Faithful
in a matter of seconds..

Other than that, invasions are amazingly fun, and I'm having a blast of a time protecting the good ol' place.

Had a good 10 minute long hide-and-seek game in the
Demon Ruins
yesterday. Went through 2 Blue Sentinels trying to just find the invader who kept running and disappearing and losing the sight of us. The joke was on him though, since I had some Seeds of Giants.

Having an invader to kill most of the enemies in the zone was fun.

Are there any restrictions on stuff you can trade with your co-op partner? Yesterday I wanted to give him a ton of shards, but he couldn't see and pick them up, only weapons and armor so far.

Yep its something such as you cant trade upgrade materials, magic, covenant materials, +1 or +2 rings unless the person has them already.

Demoskinos

So, I fired up Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin tonight since I bought it on sale awhile back for $20 bones and never touched it and I gotta say going from Dark Souls III to Dark Souls II is like the equivalent of slamming your car into reverse while going 80mph. It is crazy how different both games feel.

I decided knight life is too easy for me after beating it once and restarting as a knight.

Gonna go Sorc life. and my question is, what stats aside from INT and ATTUNE should I worry about?

So, I fired up Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin tonight since I bought it on sale awhile back for $20 bones and never touched it and I gotta say going from Dark Souls III to Dark Souls II is like the equivalent of slamming your car into reverse while going 80mph. It is crazy how different both games feel.

Yeah the performance issues for DS3 on Xbox One are shocking.

sappyday

I completed Mound Makers and got the pyromancy trophy. It's honestly a lot easier to just actually do the PvP instead of farming the item. I literally farmed the area needed for that covenant and only got ONE item in one hours time.

Finally got Int and Faith to 20/20.
Might level Attunement a bit for more FP, not sure what I'll use the extra slots on though, have Great Chaos Fire Orb and Carthus Flame Arc atm which is really all I need afaik.

Whole stat layout is:
Level 57
25 vigor
18 attunement
20 endurance
8 vitality
12 strength
16 dexterity
20 intelligence
20 faith
7 luck

Alright!
is down. Only 2 bosses left on my SL1 adventure.
Awesome stuff. I gave up on my SL1 blind playthrough so early (Cathedral of Deep) - I just needed to get on play the game it was taking so long. For BB I got to Wet Nurse before giving it a rest.

I fear for my future SL1 run because of how locked off upgrade materials are. The game is so linear, I want to get OP asap for these runs!

pa22word

Hey I started my dex run yesterday and spotted an item drop across the way from where you meet Yoel in the Undead Settlement next to the downed dragon. How in the hell do you get over there?

Leezard

Hey I started my dex run yesterday and spotted an item drop across the way from where you meet Yoel in the Undead Settlement next to the downed dragon. How in the hell do you get over there?

Farron Keep, the area near the Stray Demon and above the Wolf covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom