• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently poise isn't even 100% useless and has PvP uses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQRlXJyPoA

Really? Affecting stagger resistance during the last moments of a roll or an heavy attack?
I refuse to believe that this is how poise was intended in DS3. It just has to be bugged or got accidently deactivated or something. Because the way it currently "works" is so shitty.

That would be such a nonsensical and stupid implementation of poise I can't believe it. In every way inferior to how poise worked in the first game.

ZangBa

I don't like how poise worked in DS1. I'd rather heavy armor just offer respectable resistances instead. The hyper armor I gain from using BKGA is incredibly useful enough as it is. Tanking hits while standing around, or chugging, has always been really dumb.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Does anyone know of some dex weapons that S scale?

Been using my boring old scythe since the beginning of the game and want to try something new.

I haven't tried it yet. Seems like more of an NG+ thing. What's the NPC bug?

Summoning the dude with the Uchi from outside Firelink. I think if he dies to Dancer and you homeward bone out, summon again and retry the fight he no longer takes damage. You then just kite Dancer and let him do all the damage.

neoism

wow lol its funny summoning someone in an area youve not been before, and they just go through the whole level for you. Kappa

Dimmle

wow lol its funny summoning someone in an area youve not been for the first time and they just go through the whole level for you. Kappa
I discovered
Anor Londo
in a random Blue Sentinel summoning.

In DS2, I fought Nashandra when I was only 3/4 through the game trying to help people with Throne Watcher/Defender.

He's dropping something every time. Does that affect what he actually drops?
I've thought about this as well, and going by the in-game description it only affects whether there will be a drop or not.

But who knows!
I discovered
Anor Londo
in a random Blue Sentinel summoning.

In DS2, I fought Nashandra when I was only 3/4 through the game trying to help people with Throne Watcher/Defender.

Same here lol

I also got
Dancer
instead of
Vordt
when I put my first sign down in the first area. Probably my quickest boss death so far!

Lender

Just fuck the
Soul Of Cinder
I've had no real problem with other bosses, but this motherfucker is making me insane. 2 hours of fighting now, and still he's kicking my ass.

Manu

Just fuck the
Soul Of Cinder
I've had no real problem with other bosses, but this motherfucker is making me insane. 2 hours of fighting now, and still he's kicking my ass.

Soul of Cinder
is like the ultimate Dark Souls test.

When you kill him the message should be "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT GUD"

Dimmle

Same here.

I also got
Dancer
instead of
Vordt
when I put my first sign down in the first area.

Ha, I had a friend who had that happen to him, too. We were chatting at the time and he said, "well, that wasn't the boss I expected."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Vodtr recked and first zone cleared, dont think I missed anything as far as I remember. To be fair I also one shot him in new game, but not like this lol. I forgot how fun NG+ is when youre wrecking shit. Im playing so sloppy because im cocky tho, it will bite me in the ass soon enough :)

kagamin

Just fuck the
Soul Of Cinder

Bleed, despite not being a weakness of the boss, is pretty effective, I got the boss down to the second phase in 30 seconds.

Does anyone know of some dex weapons that S scale?

Been using my boring old scythe since the beginning of the game and want to try something new.

I may be mis-remembering, but I think the Chaos Blade has S at +4. Dunno if it gets that earlier, I just upgraded it that far without looking at changes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Question about Yuria`s set here.
I just got the ending associated with her...Back to Firelink Shrine and....no Yuria's set and no Darkdrift.
What the fuck happened?

I think poise works only during the attack animation or rolling, I been using heavy weapons that have long animations, the higher you have poise the less you get stagger during the animation. This works better if the weapon have stomp or perseverence. You can see the other player hitting you but that don't stop the animation even if they using heavy wepons.

Attack animation hyper armour is based on the weapon not armour or character stats. Basically it's a fudge to make ultra greatswords not trash weapons like they would be if the game was realistic.

The Nameless King is down. That gave me less trouble than The Dancer and even Aldrich. Thing is, he's so, so slow. And nearly everyone of his attacks has slow start up. I don't think he's nearly as difficult as I was lead to believe, but I guess it's subjective.

Dimmle

Question about killing
Emma
to do the alternate route: will beating
Lothric
first mess up any NPC quests from the first half of the game?

Momentary

Banned
Am I doing something wrong? I hardly get invaded. I've been playing for 110 hours and I hardly even see any summoning signs to go help people. I even tried to invade other people and never can get out of the queue. Last night I had 2 people invade me, but that is super rare.

Lender

Soul of Cinder
is like the ultimate Dark Souls test.

When you kill him the message should be "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT GUD"

I've done it, I've done it! My heart is pounding out of my chest and my hands are shaking, but I've done it!

Citadel

Hey all,

So if I wanted to make a magic (with maybe a little bit sword-play) type character, would Sorcerer be the way to go? 1st playthrough was a heavy knight, current (2nd) playthrough is a dual-wielding twinblade DEX blade master.

So Sorc with Faith/Luck?

Boss order help please! End game.

is it possible to beat the lord of cinder and finish the game and then go back and beat the nameless king before moving to new game plus? Or will it be locked out? ]

Am I doing something wrong? I hardly get invaded. I've been playing for 110 hours and I hardly even see any summoning signs to go help people. I even tried to invade other people and never can get out of the queue. Last night I had 2 people invade me, but that is super rare.

Are you embered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom