• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Seath
Bed of Chaos
Artorias
Ornstein and Smough
Taurus Demon

Personal Top5. Such BS. Long way from bonfire. Strong enemies in the way. Dark Souls 3 feels like a light breeze compared to that.

You are right - DS3 is very generous with boss shortcuts. Surprisingly enough, I'd say Taurus Demon was probably the hardest route for players trying to get their bearings.

Citadel

So I originally wanted to go with dual wielding two blades for my Dex Assassin build.. I'm currently using a +2 Uchigatana and I'm waiting to use my 'real' upgrades when I get the weapon(s) that I want, which is the Dancer's blades. I then realized that I cannot infuse it, so.. I'm left with a few options:

1) Get the Dancer's weapons and simply upgrade them
2) Keep my Uchigatana and just upgrade that, maybe infuse with sharp gem as well
3) Find a totally new badass weapon(s) to dual wield. I actually have the Sellsword's Blades. I could probably do that, and upgrade/infuse that weapon.

You guys have any recommendations on how I should go abouts doing this? Are there any other good weapons out there that scale well to Dex? Gotthard Twinblade? Warden Twinblade? Doesn't necessarily need to be dual-wield - I would prefer to dual-wield with this Dex build (as I already have a Knight with lots of HP and a badass shield).

Thanks for the other responses.

I was using it for a while since I didn't find any better rings early game, got like a free +20ATK. So not as good as it was in DS2 but probably better balanced.

What armor were you using?

So I originally wanted to go with dual wielding two blades for my Dex Assassin build.. I'm currently using a +2 Uchigatana and I'm waiting to use my 'real' upgrades when I get the weapon(s) that I want, which is the Dancer's blades. I then realized that I cannot infuse it, so.. I'm left with a few options:

2) Keep my Uchigatana and just upgrade that, maybe infuse with sharp gem as well
3) Find a totally new badass weapon(s) to dual wield. I actually have the Sellsword's Blades. I could probably do that, and upgrade/infuse that weapon.

You guys have any recommendations on how I should go abouts doing this? Are there any other good weapons out there that scale well to Dex? Gotthard Twinblade? Warden Twinblade? Doesn't necessarily need to be dual-wield - I would prefer to dual-wield with this Dex build (as I already have a Knight with lots of HP and a badass shield).

I went with two handing the Uchi (sharp) for all of NG. I'm going to play around with the twin weapons and some others in NG+.

just beat the D
ancer. talk about wonky hit boxes the boss. I didn't have a bad time because I mostly just hit her with my Chaos bed vestiges pyromancy. It seems like the fire would hit her and not explode. Strange. Not bad though.

KHlover

Banned
You are right - DS3 is very generous with boss shortcuts. Surprisingly enough, I'd say Taurus Demon was probably the hardest route for players trying to get their bearings.

Firebombs everywhere. Mostly wouldn't hit, but if RNG decided to fuck you the "bridge" leading to the room with 3 Undead could already be the end.

Sullichin

Thanks for the other responses.

What armor were you using?

I went with two handing the Uchi (sharp) for all of NG. I'm going to play around with the twin weapons and some others in NG+.

Probably Mirrah chest because it looks cool and is still kind of light, don't really remember

Veelk

Banned
This is part of the series, fwiw. I'd say the runbacks in DS3 are the most generous yet. Nearly every runback in DS1 was much more miserable.

I'm just saying it shouldn't be. Especially since they keep giving pointless bonfires after boss fights that you don't use because the first bonfire of the new level is a few feet away. I laughed when I beat D
ragonslayer armor,
lit it's bonfire, walked 30 feet, and there is another bon fire.

Just give me a bonfire outside every boss arena. There's no reason not to.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I will say that Greatswords are in a pretty good spot at the moment in the game but Ultra Greatswords are just generally fucked. I don't know how you really fix them because there are some things that revolve around the gameplay mechanics and nuances that make them severely less viable than other options. For one, the stamina pool is much smaller and each level doesn't contribute that much while the usage from the UG still remains high. It's just not optimal. Additionally, the enemies you fight in DkS3 aren't like in DkS2 or DkS1 which also makes them not viable for typical encounters. The same can be extrapolated for boss fights as well.

KHlover

Banned
Milk ring improve I-frames ?

Seems my rolls are better could be a placebo effect from reading ring info

Considering you find a second Carthus ring that explicitly increases i-frames of your roll (and halves your DEF in return) I'd doubt the milk ring does improve i-frames

kagamin

Oh yeah. Got it :lol

Now how do I get it to go up?

If you're in the middle, send the one that goes down down but run out of the elevator as you activate it. And then when you're at the top do the same with that elevator to save some extra time if you need to try the boss again.

Sullichin

Ok next build is going to be heavy INT/DEX focus, lots of pyro, miracles, sorceries.

Time to use the magic infused weapons paths.

I'm assuming regular physical infusions + weapon buffs are still better than infused weapons again?

Going infused this time though so I don't need to focus on a physical damage stat.

What are some favorite low-stat requirement weapons that might be good for this?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
4 bosses down on my second run, next up
Watchers
who were my first big hurdle last time, hopefully they don't take 2 hours again.

Manu

I'm just saying it shouldn't be. Especially since they keep giving pointless bonfires after boss fights that you don't use because the first bonfire of the new level is a few feet away. I laughed when I beat D
ragonslayer armor,
lit it's bonfire, walked 30 feet, and there is another bon fire.

Just give me a bonfire outside every boss arena. There's no reason not to.

"Especially since they keep giving pointless bonfires after boss fights that you don't use because the first bonfire of the new level is a few feet away"

And then you proceed to name the ONE example everyone brings up.

"Just give me a bonfire outside every boss arena. There's no reason not to."

Well, there's no reason for it either. I don't see how it would benefit me other than removing a 20 second trek (which I usually spend thinking of strategies or just clearing my mind after a tense fight) to fight the boss again.

Sullichin

What's the point of equipping the fingers if you can use the Red Eye Orb without it?

It's not for that. It removes the invasion cooldown (so you can get invaded more than once every 15m), opens yourself up to two red phantoms but you can summon 3 friendly phantoms.

Veelk

Banned
"Especially since they keep giving pointless bonfires after boss fights that you don't use because the first bonfire of the new level is a few feet away"

And then you proceed to name the ONE example everyone brings up.

I haven't been in the thread regularly enough to know what's commonly complained about, especially since I'm avoiding spoilers on areas I haven't been in.

But there isn't a boss fight where in I have to rerun to in which it doesn't gets annoying. That's the worst example, but even a trek that's makes you run for 20 seconds is too long.

Well, there's no reason for it either. I don't see how it would benefit me other than removing a 20 second trek (which I usually spend thinking of strategies or just clearing my mind after a tense fight) to fight the boss again.

Yeah, those twenty seconds are what you are freed from. And if you need to take 20 seconds before jumping back in, that's fine, just sit your ass down and take your twenty seconds. You (who doesn't mind waiting) loses nothing, and everyone who doesn't like having their time wasted doesn't have their time wasted. Everyone wins.

If a trek is 30 seconds long, and I die 20 times to a boss, then the game gives me 5 minutes of pure nothing, and that's the idyllic situation where there are no pointless enemies between where you're are and where you want to go. It adds up, and there is no reason for it, so remove it.

ZangBa

I just realized there aren't any twinblades in this game :<. Come on, those were such fun weapons, especially with an avelyn in the other hand back in the good ol' days.

KHlover

Banned
I love invading in the
dungeons
. People run like hell and I feel like Freddy Krueger.

Yeah it's great. What's even better is when you pop that
Giant Tree Seed
and watch the invaders get branded for being assholes.

Source: Am branded asshole and found it hilarious :D

Ferr986

Don't. They're useless. Even with the buff. They have 3 types of damage, physical in both daggers, then one fire and one dark (thats 3 diferent defenses you have to deal when you do combined attacks like the spin2lose).

E92 M3

Yeah it's great. What's even better is when you pop that
Giant Tree Seed
and watch the invaders get branded for being assholes.

Source: Am branded asshole and found it hilarious :D

No one has ever done that to me (yet), but I've done it to people lol. Outsmarting opponents is one of my favorite things to do. In fact, facing 2 or 3 people is a favorite of mine. Most of the time, the false sense of confidence leads to their demise.

KHlover

Banned
No one has ever done that to me (yet), but I've done it to people lol. Outsmarting opponents is one of my favorite things to do. In fact, facing 2 or 3 people is a favorite of mine. Most of the time, the false sense of confidence leads to their demise.

Usually I'm not good enough. The best win I pulled off in DS3 as invader so far was when after a good 10min of playing peek-a-boo in the room with
those cages and one of those Sentries
I went up the stairs, changed to a UGS and killed the host with a drop attack while his phantoms stood by dumbfunded.

daninthemix

Seriously what sort of clint designed curse-rotted greatwood?

Very dubious hitboxes and weak spots on the enemy that are frequently unreachable, and also have suspect hitboxes.

Total yawnfest.

LiK

As long as we're naming worst run backs, Velstadt gets my vote. Like 5 Knights just sitting by his door and since DS2 had really slow fog door entering it was pretty annoying to avoid them.

The run back to Ancient Dragon in Dark Souls 2 was the absolute worst. I dunno why I bothered since the reward was lame. I just wanted to kill him lol

Hello no to Dancer one. That shit is crap even on mobs. Uchi is enough for you to endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom