• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu

Yeah, those twenty seconds are what you are freed from. And if you need to take 20 seconds before jumping back in, that's fine, just sit your ass down and take your twenty seconds. You (who doesn't mind waiting) loses nothing, and everyone who doesn't like having their time wasted doesn't have their time wasted. Everyone wins.

If a trek is 30 seconds long, and I die 20 times to a boss, then the game gives me 5 minutes of pure nothing, and that's the idyllic situation where there are no pointless enemies between where you're are and where you want to go. It adds up, and there is no reason for it, so remove it.

Oh man, 5 minutes of nothing. Sounds like hell on earth.

You make it sound much worse than it actually is. It's been a design choice since the first game, it works (despite a vocal minority of players having an issue with it,) and it's better in this game than on any of the previous ones. Demon's Souls would be torture to you.

Roussow

Considering you find a second Carthus ring that explicitly increases i-frames of your roll (and halves your DEF in return) I'd doubt the milk ring does improve i-frames

Holy shit it halves your defense? Fuck me. I've had it on for the last 15 hours, is it really worth it? I do roll frequently given I'm two-handing, but regardless, what do you guys think?

Mogwai

As long as we're naming worst run backs, Velstadt gets my vote. Like 5 Knights just sitting by his door and since DS2 had really slow fog door entering it was pretty annoying to avoid them.

The run back to Ancient Dragon in Dark Souls 2 was the absolute worst. I dunno why I bothered since the reward was lame. I just wanted to kill him lol
Not to forget the run back to Darklurker. That was also super depending on which level you picked.

So I just spent like an hour not dying in
Irithyll Dungeon
. I reached the next zone,
Profaned Capital
, and lit up the bonfire there. There were items all around the bonfire so I jumped around trying to get some of them. I got stuck in the environment and after a while the game killed me, and when I come back to life I'm back in
Irithyll Dungeon
and don't have the new bonfire. Cool.

LiK

The D
eacon mob
boss was probably the easiest boss in this game. Was it this game's joke boss?

To be fair, I can see why they nerfed poison arrows. They were DS2 easy mode

No reason to nerf, just make them more expensive. I upgraded my bows and I can do pretty good damage with Wooden and Standard arrows anyway. I don't even bother buying the more expensive ones cuz there's no need.

Veelk

Banned
Oh man, 5 minutes of nothing. Sounds like hell on earth.

Is wasted time a bad thing or not? If yes, then there you go.

Also, what is your problem here? Even if you don't care about having to trek, this change would literally have no detrimental affects on you at all, while it would accommodate others. Can you actually name an issue you have with the idea or are changes that don't immediately benefit you and you alone not relevant?

You make it sound much worse than it actually is. It's been a design choice since the first game, it works (despite a vocal minority of players having an issue with it,) and it's better in this game than on any of the previous ones. Demon's Souls would be torture to you.

So what if it's been a design choice from the first game? It's a bad design choice. It functions, obviously, but it could be vastly improved.

And that DS3 has relatively shorter ones than past games isn't really an argument as long as wasted time is still considered bad.

"Oh, no, this new boyfriend beats me way less than the last one!"

Bad things are bad, in small quantities or large. It annoyed the piss out of me in Bloodborne, and it annoys me here, and it'll annoy me even more when I play Demons Souls.

TitusTroy

Nameless King
is impossible...I think I'm going to have to summon help for this...
King of the Storm
was hard but I can beat him...but
Nameless King
has a ton of health and is a tank

Holy shit it halves your defense? Fuck me. I've had it on for the last 15 hours, is it really worth it? I do roll frequently given I'm two-handing, but regardless, what do you guys think?

Pretty shit if you keep hit by enemies. The HP you loss is really BIG, some boss even one shot you if your VIR < 25 if you use that ring

kagamin

It's weird, I've pretty much been beating every boss in 5 tries or less, well except for A
byss
W
atchers

Novocaine

Got up to
Lorian
in the G
rand
A
rchives
and I think I may have come across the first boss that's giving grief. Might have to pull out a shield for this one.

Surprisingly enough I've been playing completely shield-less since I got the Greatsword. My first playthroughs of Souls games usually involve a sword and shield type build but I think Bloodborne might have given me the guts to be more agressive this time around.

Roussow

Pretty shit if you keep hit by enemies. The HP you loss is really BIG, some boss even one shot you if your VIR < 25 if you use that ring

I, I might take it off for a bit. It's not like you don't have a plentiful amount of i-frames with a standard roll, the pay-off isn't probably great until I'm more experienced with specifics of the game.

Finally finished the catacombs, thank the fucking gods!

Shocked people seem to hate that area, I found it to be full of traps that were really fun to use on the enemies in the area, it was really satisfying to turn the tables on the inhabitants of that zone.

Finally finished the catacombs, thank the fucking gods!

Fire bosses was the hardest for me, I'm a pyromancer and my dark sword wasn't doing much damage, like 150 per hit.

You are right - DS3 is very generous with boss shortcuts. Surprisingly enough, I'd say Taurus Demon was probably the hardest route for players trying to get their bearings.

When did they start with the boss rooms always have a bonfire after beating them? I know it wasn't the case in Dark Souls, but I can't remember if it started in DS2 or Bloodborne.

KHlover

Banned
Nameless King
King of the Storm
Nameless King

Given enough stamina you could go with the Manus approach. +10 Lothric Knight Shield has good poise and 100% Physical and 90% Lightning damage reduction. Time your blocking and only try to hit him after moves with huge endlag.

Veelk

Banned
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy shit.

Oh, let me guess, your objection is that a game wasting your time is not as severe as domestic abuse, therefore my comparison is flawed?

I swear to god, no one knows how analogies work anymore. Whatever. You're clearly not interested in having a discussion. Enjoy happily having your time wasted I guess.

UrbanRats

Honestly, i think you need a couple of "joke bosses" in a game like this.
Get the stress levels down, before the next relentless, giant, exploding sword swinging motherfucker.

Citadel

I went with two handing the Uchi (sharp) for all of NG. I'm going to play around with the twin weapons and some others in NG+.
Nice, good to know. I really love the Uchi's special attack/block, I just need to get better at using it. Great weapon though. Thanks!
Hell no to Dancer one. That shit is crap even on mobs. Uchi is enough for you to endgame
Ah damn, that's sad to hear. Was really looking forward to dancing with two blades hah - wanted some variety, yaknow? I'll most likely stick with the Uchi then.

Thanks!

TheFlow

Banned
I might have summoned for the last two story bosses in the game but I just soloed the hardest boss in series imo
nameless king

Okay, I feel like I'm missing a ton of bosses here. Just beat
Aldritch and Yhorm
, are there a lot more bosses until the end of the game? Please don't spoil me on names.

I get the feeling there are a ton of hidden bosses I haven't come close to discovering.

Riposte

Considering you find a second Carthus ring that explicitly increases i-frames of your roll (and halves your DEF in return) I'd doubt the milk ring does improve i-frames
How good is that ring? I didn't want to use it, but I ended up doing so on one of the harder bosses.

KHlover

Banned
Honestly, i think you need a couple of "joke bosses" in a game like these.
Get the stress levels in down, before the next relentless, giant, exploding sword swinging motherfucker.

Well you have
Deacons
Yhorm
, and
Ancient Wyvern
. Pretty ironic since the second one is the biggest and most explode-y of all the bosses yet is a total joke.

How good is that ring? I didn't want to use it, but I ended up doing so on one of the harder bosses.

I used it against
King of the Storm / Nameless King
and at pretty much exactly 70% Equip Load rolled through all kinds of nearly instant shit in the first phase of that boss. Otherwise I never used it since seeing all of my DEF stats go down by 50% spooked me.

Draft

Just a heads up for someone looking for statless weapons - the Raw Astora Straight Sword is viable throughout the whole game, topping out at 320 AR at +10.
I've been using a RASS and it seems really strong. In the last OT people were complaining about DEX being bad because the good weapons are all late game, and I'm thinking NBD just use the RASS until you get the DEX weapon you want!

WTF!!!!

Serious end game spoilers

WHAT HAPPENED?! WERE WAS THAT DRAGON RIDING BOSS?!

Seriously! I killed the Lords of Cinders (or whatever it was called) and linked the fire and.... that was it?!

What happened to that BOSS?!

Nameless King
King of the Storm
Nameless King

Try to be close to him since his moveset is slow so you can dodge. If you have weapons that have bleeding, use them

myco666

WTF!!!!

Seriously! I killed the Lords of Cinders (or whatever it was called) and linked the fire and.... that was it?!

Optional area that you missed.

WTF!!!!

Seriously! I killed the Lords of Cinders (or whatever they were called) and linked the fire and.... that was it?!

You need to go back to
Lothric Castle
and go through the garden. That'll give you what you need to unlock the optional area where you
can find that boss.

KHlover

Banned
WTF!!!!

Hidden away in an optional area. If you didn't start NG+ yet you can still get to him.
Hint: Explore Lothric castle some more

A
byss
W
atchers
are wrecking my shit. I think I have the pattern down, especially the
1st form and a bit of the 2nd,
but there's always some move fuckery where he does an extra-long swinging animation I can't dodge out of.

I don't know if summoning NPCs/phantoms would even help.

Dimmle

Oh, let me guess, your objection is that a game wasting your time is not as severe as domestic abuse, therefore my comparison is flawed?

I swear to god, no one knows how analogies work anymore. Whatever. You're clearly not interested in having a discussion. Enjoy happily having your time wasted I guess.
I actually feel that DS games are extremely respectful of player time. You take out exactly what you invest.

Okay, I feel like I'm missing a ton of bosses here. Just beat
Aldritch and Yhorm
, are there a lot more bosses until the end of the game? Please don't spoil me on names.

I get the feeling there are a ton of hidden bosses I haven't come close to discovering.
I think you have
more mandatory bosses and
optional bosses left to discover from the point where you're at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom