• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So..... they want items that make sounds like a drum or a trumpet or something? Is that the logic? :S

Yes.

Things he says "pump-a-rum pump-a-rum!" to:
Bombs, Seed (hollow sphere), Siege Brau, Shriving Stone (hollow sphere), Blacksmith's Hammer, Large Leather Shield (but strangely, not the normal leather shield),, Moaning Shield, Eleonara (weapon art is a deep bell chime), Xanthous Crown
Items that boom when struck.

"Pickle-pee pickle-pee!" is a bit more vague but there's still a pattern:
Bones, Avelyn (flavor text calls it an instrument and it looks like a violin), Blessings, Prism Stone
Items that tinkle when struck.

Meccs

Question regarding NG+ and the Hollow thing. Apparently hollow carries over.
If I reset hollow to 0 and then start NG+ the Dark Sigils get removed right?
So this means I stay at 0 hollow until I get the sigils again?
Will I get 5 free levels again in NG+?

zewone

Question regarding NG+ and the Hollow thing. Apparently hollow carries over.
If I reset hollow to 0 and then start NG+ the Dark Sigils get removed right?
So this means I stay at 0 hollow until I get the sigils again?
Will I get 5 free levels again in NG+?

If you don't cure your hollow, you'll get 5 free levels again in NG+. You don't have to reset your sigils, Yoel will automatically let you level up 5 times the first time you talk to him in Firelink.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What are everyone's top five locations?

My favorites:

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
Lothric Castle
Grand Archives
Catacombs of Carthus
Irithyll Dungeon

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I think I am getting close to the end. I really don't want to finish it honestly. Dark Souls 3 is just one of those games that I wish was bottomless.

I'm pretty sure I'm close as well. I have all but one of
lords of cinder on their thrones, just took care of Yhorm this morning only one left is the big throne
. Something about DS3 just clicked with me in a way that neither of the other two games or demons did. I love DS3 and I'm not entirely sure why I like this one so much better than all the others.

Someone from reddit posted a video showing poise does not effect roll recovery frame. Apparently it's your equipment load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCiVg5HqWLg&feature=youtu.be

So poise is still a mystery.

Seems likely that they just removed it from the game, I'm going to guess intentionally to address balance concerns (maybe they couldn't balance poise backstabs?), and never modified equipment and game documentation to remove it from that as well.

It's possible it's unintentional and they still aren't aware it isn't functioning. That just doesn't seem likely to me, though.

In any case, I'm pretty convinced right now that it isn't in the game at all.

joanot

Woaaah !! I have been summoned as a darkmoon for first time !! So excited, got my first proof, 29 more to go lol ...This is going to take ages to complete.

Meccs

If you don't cure your hollow, you'll get 5 free levels again in NG+. You don't have to reset your sigils, Yoel will automatically let you level up 5 times the first time you talk to him in Firelink.

I'm asking because of the beef jerky face. When I use the thing to reset hollow to 0 (not curing) and start NG+ do I still have the sigils? That would suck. I heard they get removed though. Basically I want to get rid of beef jerky face without having to cure it. I though NG+ could accomplish that if I don't accept the extra levels in my second playthrough.

Has From ever said why they let Invaders chug Estus now? It seems like such a poor decision. Almost every fight now is a race to see who runs out of Estus first.

LiK

Has From ever said why they let Invaders chug Estus now? It seems like such a poor decision. Almost every fight now is a race to see who runs out of Estus first.

I think phantoms of either side should have 1 Estus max. It's really quite a chore if you're doing PVP and people resort to chugging Estus and prolonging the battles.

Considering that invasions are usually 1v2, 1v3, or 1v4, and invaders have less estus than the host, I'd say its a race they are usually going to lose. It's hardly imbalanced given the current invasion dynamics of facing groups of players...in fact I'd say if anything invaders should be given the full amount of estus.

Edit: however, the real problem is the speed at which you can drink estus and the speed at which it recharges. If it had been slower ala DS2, PVP would be a much less tedious affair.

Dimmle

My favorite invasion was this dope in Farron Keep who rolled up on my friend and I. We just stood on the shore next to the first bonfire and kept him off the island. He eventually lost all of his Estus to poison and we bopped him.

Audioboxer

The dancer armour is awesome, even on a male character.

Damn Lothric Castle is tough at SL 19. No idea how people do SL 1 playthroughs. Just trying to get to sunlight altar and get the sunlight sword. Not going to do any more bosses past this point.

The dancer armour is awesome, even on a male character.

Damn Lothric Castle is tough at SL 19. No idea how people do SL 1 playthroughs. Just trying to get to sunlight altar and get the sunlight sword. Not going to do any more bosses past this point.

What class are you? If you have access to the hidden body spell and slumbering ring, you can pretty much cheese running through any zone in the game. Made it easy for me to get through the castle on my character of about the same level as yours.

What are everyone's top five locations?

My favorites:

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
Lothric Castle
Grand Archives
Catacombs of Carthus
Irithyll Dungeon

1. Lothric Castle (including Archives in this)
2. Irithyll Dungeon
3. Cathedral of the Deep
4. Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
5. Undead Settlement

It's an absolutely essential balance fix when coop partners are prioritized for invasions. Especially when the host can summon a friend and voice chat to better coordinate.

In my experience, invaders never heal or hide behind enemies if I as a host don't heal and don't gang up on the invader. Basically fight fair and 90 % of invaders will fight fair.

zewone

I'm asking because of the beef jerky face. When I use the thing to reset hollow to 0 (not curing) and start NG+ do I still have the sigils? That would suck. I heard they get removed though. Basically I want to get rid of beef jerky face without having to cure it. I though NG+ could accomplish that if I don't accept the extra levels in my second playthrough.

If you cure your beef jerky it will stay cured in NG+. You will have no sigils unless you accept a free level from Yoel.

Audioboxer

What class are you? If you have access to the hidden body spell and slumbering ring, you can pretty much cheese running through any zone in the game. Made it easy for me to get through the castle on my character of about the same level as yours.

It's cool I finally got through with some deaths by running for my life and backstabbing the few enemies that continue to track. Got to the altar. Pretty awesome as I found a ring that gives +5 strength as well.

No idea where the sunlight sword is but I'll go exploring now I have a shortcut elevator and few bonfires unlocked.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was fiddling around with the graphics settings this morning and wondering why I couldn't get 60 FPS with everything set to high. Finally realized that when I downloaded the new AMD drivers I got an entirely new AMD app (Crimson) which did not keep my overclock settings from the previous app. I re-overclocked my card and now I can get 1080p60 with everything set to High except Shadows (Low) and Depth of Field / Motion Blur (off).

It's crazy how huge a 10-15 FPS difference makes to the game experience.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yes.

Things he says "pump-a-rum pump-a-rum!" to:
Bombs, Seed (hollow sphere), Siege Brau, Shriving Stone (hollow sphere), Blacksmith's Hammer, Large Leather Shield (but strangely, not the normal leather shield),, Moaning Shield, Eleonara (weapon art is a deep bell chime), Xanthous Crown
Items that boom when struck.

"Pickle-pee pickle-pee!" is a bit more vague but there's still a pattern:
Bones, Avelyn (flavor text calls it an instrument and it looks like a violin), Blessings, Prism Stone
Items that tinkle when struck.
Wow, that's obscure as fuck haha.

Considering that invasions are usually 1v2, 1v3, or 1v4, and invaders have less estus than the host, I'd say its a race they are usually going to lose. It's hardly imbalanced given the current invasion dynamics of facing groups of players...in fact I'd say if anything invaders should be given the full amount of estus.
Ehh, I don't know about that last bit. The other day my friend and I were going through the crab lake and got invaded by a Wolf invader, I had like 2-3 estus as a phantom (since it was so early in the game) but I swore this invader must have used like 6-7, he must have been far in the game but stayed low level. He also used both those NPCs and the giant crabs to his advantage, and then we got a second invader too at some point though that one died quicker, luckily. We won in the end but that one invader took forever to kill. I couldn't believe how often he healed. I don't begrudge him trying to win or anything, and it was an exciting encounter to be honest but yeah, if he had been at full estus, oh boy...

Now weapon upgrades matchmaking fixes twinking somewhat but estus is another factor. Invading at low level with a +3 weapon, say, but maxed out estus vs the host who only found 3 shards so far... yeah. Not cool.

Roshin

If you don't want to spoil yourself completely on the wiki, here's a hint:

The old King of Dorchester,
He had a little orchestra,
And never did you hear such a ceremonial band.
‘Pickle-pee,’ said the fife,
‘Pump-a-rum.’ said the drum,
‘Tootle-too,’ said the flute,
‘Deed-a-reedle,’ said the fiddle,
For the fiddles and the flutes were the finest in the land.

Okay, thanks.

Is there a limit to how many items I can get from
the crow? I tried leaving rope firebombs in exchange for large shards, but after getting one or two, he wouldn't accept any more. Can I reset him?

Wow, that's obscure as fuck haha.

Ehh, I don't know about that last bit. The other day my friend and I were going through the crab lake and got invaded by a Wolf invader, I had like 2-3 estus as a phantom (since it was so early in the game) but I swore this invader must have used like 6-7, he must have been far in the game but stayed low level. He also used both those NPCs and the giant crabs to his advantage, and then we got a second invader too at some point though that one died quicker, luckily. We won in the end but that one invader took forever to kill. I couldn't believe how often he healed. I don't begrudge him trying to win or anything, and it was an exciting encounter to be honest but yeah, if he had been at full estus, oh boy...

Haha...well he's really gaming the system if he's already got upgraded estus. In fact, if he ran around and grabbed all the estus shards around the world while still low level, when he invades, he probably does have as much estus flasks as you, while also having them upgraded to a much higher level. I may or may not know about this because I have done the exact same thing. :)

By the way, those crabs damage invaders as well. They won't actually attack them but if invaders are in the hit box when they attack, they take full damage.

J-Rod

Those giants in alderitch's faithful turf can harm invaders too. I've seen a couple get killed hiding under them when they started flailing.

Geist-

NG++ and I only have the covenant rewards left to get all of the achievements...and I can't get summoned to anything.

oQjXoLg.gif

I hate farming.

Sigh played for an hour with the darkmoon badge on in Grand Archive. No summons :( I did get invaded once and wrecked him.

edit: wait guess the covenant changes are in 1.06 not 1.05 for PC. 1.06 should be release today.

24hr

I am now stuck on
Cursed-Rotted Greatwood
, I got to about a millimetre off killing it and it killed me.

The more I play this game the more hooked I get, I am now starting to understand it more also. Never released I needed to go back and level up my stats.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Being summoned for Aldritch and people are fucking useless

TitusTroy

did something change with the latest patch in regards to
Aldrich, Devourer of Worlds...in my 1st playthrough I remember Aldrich and Dancer of the Boreal Valley being back-to-back but in my 2nd playthrough Aldrich ended and I ended up talking to some woman and I needed to activate an altar to get Dancer...was this the way it always was or did something change?

Manu

did something change with the latest patch in regards to
Aldrich, Devourer of Worlds...in my 1st playthrough I remember Aldrich and Dancer of the Boreal Valley being back-to-back but in my 2nd playthrough Aldrich ended and I ended up talking to some woman and I needed to activate an altar to get Dancer...was this the way it always was or did something change?

Dancer will always be after you kill your third Lord. If you killed Aldrich before Yhorm in this playthrough, then you'll have to kill him before Dancer shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom