• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

Farron, Aldritch, and Rosaria
are pretty easy farms.

Darkmoon, and Sunlight
are definitely rage inducing.

Sunbro is extremely easy. There's coop everywhere. I have max sunbro in my two characters.

I wish I could exchange Covenants items. like 10 sunbro medals for 1 bluebro ear. Would still be faster than this.

TitusTroy

Dancer will always be after you kill your third Lord. If you killed Aldrich before Yhorm in this playthrough, then you'll have to kill him before Dancer shows up.

but how come they were back-to-back in my 1st playthrough and this time they weren't?...meaning the 2nd boss fight started immediately with no break...this time I had to activate it...was it always like this?

but how come they were back-to-back in my 1st playthrough and this time they weren't?...meaning the 2nd boss fight started immediately with no break...this time I had to activate it...was it always like this?

You're probably just remembering it wrong. You have to talk to the lady and place the basin for the fight to start.

myco666

It never started immediately. Did you start the fight when you were first time there?

N° 2048

Christ almighty, 30 hours so far and just lit
Anor Londo
. Got
Pontiff Sulyvahn
on first try with two NPC summons.

So good. Been co-oping when I can and helping people out to farm souls.

Being summoned for Aldritch and people are fucking useless

This is why I always do my first run through the game solo. That way I know the OHKO attacks and can actually help the phantoms. Nothing worse than getting to the boss's big attack and having the host eat it on five different attempts in a row.

Septimius

Ehh, I don't know about that last bit[...] I had like 2-3 estus as a phantom (since it was so early in the game) but I swore this invader must have used like 6-7[...] if he had been at full estus, oh boy...

It's not really an argument against getting full estus with someone that's running around low-level. If you beat the game at SL30, you could destroy everyone NG+ no matter how few estus flasks you have.

These curse hands in the
Grand Archives
look great, I don't think there's been an 'enemy' that looked quite like this before in a Souls game. Damn things have cursed me twice though, both times chasing treasure and running through them!

Minamu

In my understanding yes. Covenant item droprates are shit no matter what though. What are you going to farm?
Currently going for swordgrass but I'll need to get the concord kept stuff too. And if possible, the dregs as I haven't figured out how to get them properly so far. The other covenants are done through regular pvp, lots of fun :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If I'm doing pyro is it better to level up both intelligence and faith or will one suffice?
You need both.
You need both.
Ehh, my pure int* build seem to be doing OK with pyromancies, though I'm sure it's far more powerful with both. I don't know about needing both, it depends if you're going pure pyro or not I guess. I use a mix of pyro and sorceries.

* Well okay, I got like 14 faith since I started with a pyromancer but I never levelled it up beyond that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
These curse hands in the
Grand Archives
look great, I don't think there's been an 'enemy' that looked quite like this before in a Souls game. Damn things have cursed me twice though, both times chasing treasure and running through them!

Keep your head coated in wax, it makes you immune.

joesmokey

Been helping boss summons for the past couple nights. Soul of Cinder seems to be the fastest summon (always less than 5 minutes), but it is a snoozefest. Twin Princes fight takes awhile to get summons and Dancer was relatively fast. I think I got the most souls out of Dancer summons (almost 50k a fight with the Silver Ring) and was able to do 4 fights in 10 minutes one time.

I wish there was something productive to do while waiting for your summon sign to get called.

Might be more adventurous and try for Dragonslayer summons as the fight wasn't bad, just a little dicey. Pontiff might be doable as well.

Bossun

Whoo soul level 140 in NG+ and got summoned 4 or 5 times as darkmoon, got 4 concords, which I consider a veeeeery good day!

myco666

Currently going for swordgrass but I'll need to get the concord kept stuff too. And if possible, the dregs as I haven't figured out how to get them properly so far. The other covenants are done through regular pvp, lots of fun :)

Fun times ahead then. Dregs drop from the Deacons after Pontiff but the Covenant seems to work pretty well so might want to try that before starting to farm them.

laxu

DS3 completed in 58 hours! Did almost everything on the DS3 cheat sheet, just missed some summons and Siegward quest line was broken because I missed him in the
kitchen
so he didn't show up for the
Yhorm
fight despite
saving him from the dungeon

Worst boss by far was the
Nameless King
Two Princes
were kinda nasty in phase two but easy as pie with co-op. Last boss went down on first try.

Now I'll leave the game waiting for the first DLC. Don't want to start NG+, if the DLC is like Bloodborne (more difficult than the main game) then NG+ would be a pain in the ass.

PS. Farming the
3 fatties in Grand Archives
using the Rapport spell is really easy and yields a lot of souls in no time.

Sullichin

Ehh, my pure int* build seem to be doing OK with pyromancies, though I'm sure it's far more powerful with both. I don't know about needing both, it depends if you're going pure pyro or not I guess. I use a mix of pyro and sorceries.

* Well okay, I got like 14 faith since I started with a pyromancer but I never levelled it up beyond that.

If you test on the level up screen, you get more AR per point in your pyromancy glove if you level them both. Or, if INT is 15 and FTH is 20, you'll still get more of a return from another point of FTH until you level INT a bit more. But, in the end you want them even

These curse hands in the
Grand Archives
I think they look kinda silly, like some Scooby Doo enemy lol

Struct09

Been helping boss summons for the past couple nights. Soul of Cinder seems to be the fastest summon (always less than 5 minutes), but it is a snoozefest. Twin Princes fight takes awhile to get summons and Dancer was relatively fast. I think I got the most souls out of Dancer summons (almost 50k a fight with the Silver Ring) and was able to do 4 fights in 10 minutes one time.

I wish there was something productive to do while waiting for your summon sign to get called.

Might be more adventurous and try for Dragonslayer summons as the fight wasn't bad, just a little dicey. Pontiff might be doable as well.

On PC there's been a huge demand for Nameless King summons. If I threw down my summon sign I would be summoned nearly instantly. And it was hard for me to summon people into my world because any signs that popped up would be taken right away.

KHlover

Banned
Just beat
Wolnir
in the CoOp playthrough with my friend. Went down even faster than solo. I don't think they increased the amount of damage his
bracelets
can sustain.

AW also COMPLETELY breaks in CoOp.

lionpants

After having unlocked all the achievements on Xbox One version before release (had to do it all offline) - here is them ranked in order of annoyingness for the trophies/achievements.

1. Vertebrae Shackles (req 30) - annoying rolling ball requires some focus, can't just zone out
2. Concord Kepts (req 30) - drop rate seems to be worse than the others, but the knights were easy with a magic build
3. Tongues (req 10) - dark wraiths are pretty annoying, but they seemed to drop often
4. Sunlight Medals (req 30) - not too bad, fire was close by
5. Grass (req 30) - very close fire and 3 enemies to farm, annoying how the body falls off the bridge sometimes
6. Dregs (req 10) - obtained quickly, easy enemies

During my PS4 copy play-through, I have managed to obtain almost all items relatively quickly online. Except the Concord Ears and Grass and by the looks of it, the latest patch did not fix Darkmoon or Watchdogs. So, I guess I'll be farming these again. :(

Just beat
Wolnir
in the CoOp playthrough with my friend. Went down even faster than solo. I don't think they increased the amount of damage his
bracelets
can sustain.

AW also COMPLETELY breaks in CoOp.
Most bosses break in coop. Their mechanics and AI simply aren't designed for multiple targets. This is why I just shake my head when people summon for these bosses without even seeing them solo first or after dying a WHOLE 3 times. One of my co-workers actually said this to me... "Oh ya, abyss watchers were easy." - "Oh ya?" - "Ya, my summon just distracted him the whole time." - "-.-" - "Ya I summon if I die 3 times or so."

Like why even bother?

KHlover

Banned
Most bosses break in coop. Their mechanics and AI simply aren't designed for multiple targets. This is why I just shake my head when people summon for these bosses without even seeing them solo first or after dying a WHOLE 3 times. One of my co-workers actually said this to me... "Oh ya, abyss watchers were easy." - "Oh ya?" - "Ya, my summon just distracted him the whole time." - "-.-" - "Ya I summon if I die 3 times or so."

Like why even bother?

Oh, I know they do. Must have made millions of souls helping people defeat the final boss by now lol.

NK holds up suprisingly well though, at best half of the hosts that summoned me survived the fight. That
lightning strike
is such a noob killer :D

LiK

Pretty disappointed that ENB cheesed the spider in the cathedral. Reminds me of all the father gascoigne spin to win videos.

I did the same thing. Was running low on Estus and had a ton of souls without a bonfire in sight. He'll get another chance.

verbatimo

Nope
OiaZOux.jpg

I'm not that crazy.

Like why even bother?

The game is extremely enjoyable regardless of the route people choose, some people may prefer to not go through that headache and/or are not into being that frustrated (i.e. dying 20 times on a boss, like my coworkers that gave up on Bloodborne).

I commend From on the Summons because it gives people options.

Minamu

Fun times ahead then. Dregs drop from the Deacons after Pontiff but the Covenant seems to work pretty well so might want to try that before starting to farm them.
How do I get those then without farming? Just equip the covenant item and hope I get summoned? Without the soapstones? Any particular places to stand in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom