• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Nope
OiaZOux.jpg

I'm not that crazy.

Memories

LiK

Pretty fun idea to cosplay as previous bosses and just wait for invaders to fight you. I'm expecting this will be fun to watch if it becomes more popular.

myco666

How do I get those then without farming? Just equip the covenant item and hope I get summoned? Without the soapstones? Any particular places to stand in?

Equip the Aldrich Faithful emblem and hang around in the area after Pontiff. No orbs or soapstones. You can even farm the Deacons while you wait for the Covenant to connect you.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Cathedral of The Deep is such a cool location. It's another one that's impressed me with it's scale and design. I love how you have to fight through the grounds first before reaching the actual Cathedral, which then has it's own kind of maze-like interior with shortcuts and secrets. There's a good mix of different enemy types and the boss fight was another one with it's own quirky surprise (after the Rotted Great-tree and Abyss Watchers).

A few areas cleared now and I think the quality has been consistently high after the low-key intro of the High Wall.

Audioboxer

Anyone know what the requirements are for a seed from the tree to fall? I've killed a few red phantoms and nothing. Do you have to die?

Minamu

After having unlocked all the achievements on Xbox One version before release (had to do it all offline) - here is them ranked in order of annoyingness for the trophies/achievements.

1. Vertebrae Shackles (req 30) - annoying rolling ball requires some focus, can't just zone out
2. Concord Kepts (req 30) - drop rate seems to be worse than the others, but the knights were easy with a magic build
3. Tongues (req 10) - dark wraiths are pretty annoying, but they seemed to drop often
4. Sunlight Medals (req 30) - not too bad, fire was close by
5. Grass (req 30) - very close fire and 3 enemies to farm, annoying how the body falls off the bridge sometimes
6. Dregs (req 10) - obtained quickly, easy enemies

During my PS4 copy play-through, I have managed to obtain almost all items relatively quickly online. Except the Concord Ears and Grass and by the looks of it, the latest patch did not fix Darkmoon or Watchdogs. So, I guess I'll be farming these again. :(
I got the tongues doing normal pvp with the red soapstone even though I wasn't in Rosaria's fingers.

Equip item. Stand in the area below
Anor Londo
and get spam summoned. Easy peasy.
You mean at the regular pvp central? :)

Equip the Aldrich Faithful emblem and hang around in the area after Pontiff. No orbs or soapstones. You can even farm the Deacons while you wait for the Covenant to connect you.
Clever, alright :)

LiK

I think the Cathedral Knights are the scariest enemies in the game. I just run away from them and their BS hyper armor.

Jamaro85

There was another way. Two in fact.

Heh. The real solution to that is cool, too bad you missed it.

If you can get around to the back,
there's one of those Dark Slime Monsters like erupted out of Gundyr at the start, apparently controlling / reanimating the dead corpse of the dragon. You kill that and the dragon just fades.

Lol, I should've figured as much as my solution was a little extreme. This would almost be akin to Yhorm
by killing him via normal combat.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Cathedral Knights are the scariest enemies in the game. I just run away from them and their BS hyper armor.

The big Knights in Cathedral of The Deep? I had a lot of joy backstabbing those big slow tanks :-D

Sunbro is extremely easy. There's coop everywhere. I have max sunbro in my two characters.

I wish I could exchange Covenants items. like 10 sunbro medals for 1 bluebro ear. Would still be faster than this.

I lvl up too early, currently at 142 and in PC...

Can't get any co op or summon

joesmokey

On PC there's been a huge demand for Nameless King summons. If I threw down my summon sign I would be summoned nearly instantly. And it was hard for me to summon people into my world because any signs that popped up would be taken right away.
I don't think I'm ready for that one yet :).

Randam

this are my stats:

Vigor 25
Endurance 25
Vitality 20
Strengh 40
Dexterity 40

Starting class: knight

SL 97 right now.

what should I level for a good SL 120 quality build?

I've decided I'm just gonna wait until I at least have more estus upgrades and 30 base Luck before taking on N
ameless
K
ing_______
. I think I have the first phase down at least, but I need better estus for sure.

Does Patches have an event in this game? I just ran across him in Firelink so I think I missed his usual shenanigans.
Yeah. I won't go into detail, but It's tied to some other characters.

jonjonaug

Does Patches have an event in this game? I just ran across him in Firelink so I think I missed his usual shenanigans.

You probably
ran into the tower and jumped down or homeward bone'd out. He locks the door behind you after you take the elevator.

You can also run into him in the Cathedral of the Deep under very specific conditions, but if he's showing up in Firelink it's already too late.

Asd202

Beat the game! I must say that I liked not as much as Bloodborne though. Now bring on the DLC!

Also
The Nameless King is the first born son of Gwyn? That makes so much sense! I wanted to see that character ever since DS1 and he was great, What a pay off! :)

Lux R7

Beat the game! I must say that I liked not as much as Bloodborne though. Now bring on the DLC!

Also
The Nameless King is the first born son of Gwyn? That makes so much sense! I wanted to see that character ever since DS1 and he was great, What a pay off! :)

Yeah it was pretty great to find out who he is finally. Amazing character!

So I heard they made the Blade of the Darkmoon easier to be summoned in the latest patch. Was that correct?

Not wanting to farm those Silver Knights at the A
nor Lando
bonfire on the stairs. Though easy to kill, would be a long process

Doesn't seem like it to me. Think there is a bigger problem with Darkmoon then level range since there are people in the same level range as me that say they get summoned constantly and I haven't gotten summoned at all in 3 days of wearing it. Like even the guy who is the top person on the turn in leader board item on PS4 is in my level range and he has gone from 750 turn ins to 900 in the 3 days that I've been waiting around with nothing. I can invade instantly and duel all day long, but no Darkmoon summons.

It could just be I'm doing something wrong though. Maybe my fully upgraded wolf greatsword is the problem, or how I've been doing all this running around and waiting in the post game after all my bosses are killed. Is there a higher chance if you aren't embered?I really don't know. Wish I did because I really don't want to farm the sliver knights.

Meccs

3 hours in NG+ first zones with Blue Sentinels (and Darkmoon) equipped and not a single summon! Also just one invader. This is so boring! Arghl.... I'm on PC btw.

zewone

I got all my Sunlight Medals in NG+, so for the entirity of NG++ I had on Way of the Blue.

Every time I got invaded I had a Darkmoon join and help me. It definitely work, but I think people are farming so much that not many people are wearing Way of the Blue.

People should start spreading the love and wearing it.

GulAtiCa

I wonder if the Darkmoon/Blues summons more favor those who are more higher ranked. If so, well... That would just be dumb.

Yeah, clearly on some level it works. Plenty of times when I invaded, a blue was there to protect. One time I invaded 2 blues were there!...

SeanTSC

I got all my Sunlight Medals in NG+, so for the entirity of NG++ I had on Way of the Blue.

Every time I got invaded I had a Darkmoon join and help me. It definitely work, but I think people are farming so much that not many people are wearing Way of the Blue.

People should start spreading the love and wearing it.

Good call. I shall wear Way of the Blue for my whole NG++ run.

Ferr986

Im the only one running with low end?(20) feels like enough for my dex char, although I hesitate to jump to 120. Would probably level that if I went for that lvl. I stopped at 75.

My sl100 str has 25.

MilkBeard

My last playsession after the patch I got about 7-8 Blademoon summons. Level 111. It clearly works at certain levels. PS4 by the way. I can't say if it's better than it was before though.

I've probably collected over 90 Proof of Concords by this point.

EDIT: As soon as I start NG +, I'm going to play through the whole game cindered. I played through most of the base game hollowed. I have collected a great number of Embers so no worry about that. I will equip Way of the Blue unless I want to get a few of the covenant items I'm still missing.

Probably going to go through the entire NG+ without leveling, because I don't want to be too far away from the playerbase.

EDIT 2: I might do a fully cindered/Way of the Blue + Dried Finger playthrough just to make the game really interesting this time around. Always using those items to boost the online play.

Levito

Banned
Did anyone else on PC have weird issues with the game last night? It kept telling me I couldn't use the online features because there was a new version but Steam didn't update at the time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Also
I am not yet fully convinced of that theory, tbh. The only hint is
"the heir of lightning" bit on the Swordspear's description, which is kind of vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom