• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Don't farm or invade, join a fight Club at high wall or ps bonfire by putting down a red sign soapstone mark. If you're decent at pvp you'll easily have 30 shackles in 2 hours or less.

Yep that's what I did and I got my shackles really fast at the pontiff arena.

I have all the summon-covenants left, and I can't get summoned for any of them. Wolf, blue sentinel, aldrich... never happens. I'm lvl 88, still in NG. Don't know if it matters, because most people have been getting issues with these covenants.

For Leonhard's quest: I had no idea
you could use Rosaria's soul to get a spell. I revived her, so now I have to do the entire thing again in NG+, ugh

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yep that's what I did and I got my shackles really fast at the pontiff arena.

I have all the summon-covenants left, and I can't get summoned for any of them. Wolf, blue sentinel, aldrich... never happens. I'm lvl 88, still in NG. Don't know if it matters, because most people have been getting issues with these covenants.

For Leonhard's quest: I had no idea
you could use Rosaria's soul to get a spell. I revived her, so now I have to do the entire thing again in NG+, ugh

Actually pretty much the only auto covenant that is consistantly working across the board for people is Aldritch.

pa22word

Hey does anyone know if curing hollowing takes away the levels? Need to go that way story wise to get all the spells and rings, but I don't want to screw up my matchmaking stuff over it.

Meccs

It is SO satisfying when you land the kicks on these parry spammers and END them. I am having a lot of fun with PvP.

What Shields do you guys use? Anything that is more forgiving? It's very difficult to time it right when doing PvP.

:/

I heard someone say that when they respec'd via pale tongue he thought the hollowed levels didn't return. Anyone know if that's confirmed?

Well not sure about that but curing is basically paying for the extra 5 levels. I did respec and I'm pretty sure I was the same level afterwards.

Cyrano

What Shields do you guys use? Anything that is more forgiving? It's very difficult to time it right when doing PvP.
If you're talking parrying, the smallest shield is basically the best. If you're talking utility,
Grass Crest
(though it's better when paired with two-handers rather than used as a shield). If you want something that blocks stuff... well,
Havel's
is the best (and its own obnoxious meta).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Actually pretty much the only auto covenant that is consistantly working across the board for people is Aldritch.

Not working for me. I just need to put the item on right, nothing else required? Maybe I should try leaving it on for like 10 minutes, but I've had 0 summons

Cyrano

:/

I heard someone say that when they respec'd via pale tongue he thought the hollowed levels didn't return. Anyone know if that's confirmed?
You do not lose them if you re-spec. Once you gain a level you cannot ungain a level. From what I've seen on reddit, even hackers apparently haven't figured out a way to cause levels to be lost (seemingly this doesn't appear to be something that can actually occur - even when you re-spec, you still retain your level, it's just that your stat points are made available to re-distribute).

BeeDog

I regret using the NPC phantoms for some of the late-game bosses, makes them utterly trivial but can't help it when it seems item/gesture spawns seem to be tied to these NPCs. Killed
the Dancer, Dragonslayer Armour, Oceiros and Champion Gundyr
all on the first tries with the NPCs. I'll solo them during NG+ instead, I guess.

Meccs

I regret using the NPC phantoms for some of the late-game bosses, makes them utterly trivial but can't help it when it seems item/gesture spawns seem to be tied to these NPCs. Killed
the Dancer, Dragonslayer Armour, Oceiros and Champion Gundyr
all on the first tries with the NPCs. I'll solo them during NG+ instead, I guess.

Summon, get gesture, use Homeward Bone?

Every video I see of PVP, every single one, looks like a laggy mess.

Every PVP encounter I have in-game is a laggy mess.

The people who excel at PVP are those who learned to use the lag in their favor.

BeeDog

Summon, get gesture, use Homeward Bone?

My impression so far has been that some items are unobtainable unless you summon certain NPCs for certain boss fights and then kill the boss with the NPC surviving, mostly to spawn armor sets and similar in some locations. Or am I incorrect?

Zocano

Every video I see of PVP, every single one, looks like a laggy mess.

Every PVP encounter I have in-game is a laggy mess.

The people who excel at PVP are those who learned to use the lag in their favor.

Welcome to Souls PVP.

It's been garbage since Demon's Souls.

Nohar

Uh-oh. I thought they fixed the awful lag with dedicated servers? I was actually looking forward PvP in DS3, believing it would be different this time.

Robiin

On my way to the boss in the Catacombs I found what I can only assume is an optional area,
Smouldering Lake
. You guys recommend I explore there first or keep going in the Catacombs proper? Only killed a Fire demon and got murdered by something hitting me in the water, sounded like a big boulder but I didn't see anything.

MilkBeard

mxgt

Banned
God damn, Warden Twinblades + Carthus Rouge absolutely destroyed
Champion Gundyr. Love bosses that are weak to bleed.

Cyrano

Despite the lag it's still great once you learn to play around it and can understand why certain attacks hit you even though they didn't on your screen. This video goes over how the latency works in Souls games and how you can use it to your advantage.
And this is why greatswords and other weapons actually work, because players will never be able to fully account for delaying inputs made by the other player when swinging one of those giant weapons. And since those delays can take... up to half a second, they become very effective at baiting players into their hitboxes.
God damn, Warden Twinblades + Carthus Rouge absolutely destroyed
Champion Gundyr. Love bosses that are weak to bleed.
What's the AR on these look like towards endgame?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
On my way to the boss in the Catacombs I found what I can only assume is an optional area,
Smouldering Lake
. You guys recommend I explore there first or keep going in the Catacombs proper? Only killed a Fire demon and got murdered by something hitting me in the water, sounded like a big boulder but I didn't see anything.

Well
the Catacombs boss is literally 2 seconds from the bridge you cut down to get to the Smoldering Lake (which is a tough area) and I thought he was pretty easy
so it's maybe a good idea to take him out first.

Robiin

Well
the Catacombs boss is literally 2 seconds from the bridge you cut down to get to the Smoldering Lake (which is a tough area) and I thought he was pretty easy
so it's maybe a good idea to take him out first.

Thanks, I actually tried fighting the boss once but I died. Cut off one of his
rings
which seemed to do massive damage so I guess I'll just have to try that. So you recommend going that way before trying
Smouldering Lake
?

Cyrano

rings
which seemed to do massive damage so I guess I'll just have to try that. So you recommend going that way before trying
Smouldering Lake
?
You can probably explore that area just fine at any level, but it's definitely an endgame area and so the enemies will probably require you to be hitting harder than you currently are to really make progress (i.e. a +9 weapon).

theaface

At the proof of concord grinding stage after having a great time invading the Grand Archives as a mound maker.

Does anyone have a spare/unwanted Symbol of Avarice they'd be willing to part with, please and thank you? My PSN is theaface and I'm SL 107 (though I don't think that matters when you co-op with a password).

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
rings
Smouldering Lake
?

I'd recommend taking out Wolnir first. Get you some Souls, level up a bit. You're right, just attack his bangles and he's toast. Heal like crazy if you get caught in his poison breath cloud. Smouldering Lake is an optional area that you can take on anytime you want. There's good loot and...other stuff down there, but I thought it was a tough area

JustinBB7

Last patch made farming cov items easier right? Do we know how yet? Just more drops? I haven't done any cov item farming yet so just wondering how long the grind will be later.

Tarin02543

Smouldering Lake

Its a very difficult area, I recommend summoning some players to help you clear the way.

theaface

Reposting for new page...

Does anyone have a spare/unwanted Symbol of Avarice they'd be willing to part with, please and thank you? My PSN is theaface and I'm SL 107 (though I don't think that matters when you co-op with a password).

SDR-UK

Reposting for new page...

If no one has dropped you one by later on (I'll get home in about five hours), hit me up with a PM. Sorry I can't do it sooner.

T.O.P

Banned
Been trying to play this for an hour (PC)

It always gets stucked when i try to load my savegame, an infinite loading screen follows...

Never had a single problem with the game for 40 hours, got no clue what's happening now :(

Can anyone tell me why I can't summon at
belfry for the nameless king?
I believe it's something to do with an NPC but I can't figure it out

Alo0oy

Banned
Whose idea was it to force you to level up 5 times in order to get the secret ending? The game forced me out of my level 120 character just to fulfill the requirements.

Forcing you to level up is a really really dumb idea.

Oh well, I'm gonna make a new character and do that ending first and get all items associated with it, I spent hundreds of hours to get all weapons/armor...etc on my character and now it's all down the drain.

And they really need to patch the maiden's shop for her inventory to carry over to NG+, the more I play the more annoying it gets.

DS3 was my second favorite behind Demon's for a while, but it's gonna fall off a cliff very quickly if they don't patch this shit and the honeymoon period is over, those little things are getting annoying.

Audioboxer

I guess 1.06 is never coming out.

Is this on PC?

I'm confused enough as it is on consoles, we got patched to 1.04/1.06 but then I read people saying patch 1.05 is announced.

Anyway, I'm going to try a claws build. Will probably be a disaster but that wolverine jump is just cool. A 29/14/40/9/12/40/10/10/25 build at SL 100 is my aim. Might take strength to 15 and knock a few points off stamina for carthus curved sword potential. It's a great weapon. Want to try a high stamina build though to keep the attacking going (especially on a low stam weapon).

Considering claws can be glitched early game I'll see how it goes.

vocab

Is this on PC?

I'm confused enough as it is on consoles, we got patched to 1.04/1.06 but then I read people saying patch 1.05 is announced.

Anyway, I'm going to try a claws build. Will probably be a disaster but that wolverine jump is just cool. A 29/14/40/9/12/40/10/10/25 build at SL 100 is my aim. Might take strength to 15 and knock a few points off stamina for carthus curved sword potential. It's a great weapon.

it's 1.04/1.05 on pc. They do game patches and server side patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom