• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purdy

Is it possible to summon a friend after they've killed a boss?

A friend and I would like to play it 'coop' and do that but iirc from previous games you can't be friendly summoned after its dead?

MilkBeard

I think someone needs to make a video on the viability of the Hollow/Luck build. There are actually some hidden elements to the build that make it deceptive at first glance and why it's actually a good way to go.

I have compared my stats in conjunction with all the other upgrade paths, and Hollowing a weapon has the least negative effect on base damage, and also provides a higher scaling increase than Heavy/Sharp/Raw/Refined. Although I'm not sure about Refined in the sense that if you have maxed 40 Str/40Dex I'm not sure how it compares. At my current stats the Hollow Infusion is better.

There's also the fact that equipping a Hollow weapon boosts your Luck stat as well. So your attack rating will automatically be higher when equipped than what it shows in the infusion screen. Equipping a Hollow Infused shield will have the same effect. So if you are hollowed, and with maxed Hollow weapon and shield you will get a Luck stat boost of +10, which means that you don't have to level Luck to 40, allowing for a free 10 points to somewhere else. And this is not even considering other stat rings, like for example if you equip a weapon that scales with Dex and Strength equally, you can equip the correlating Knight or Hunter ring for another +5 stat boost on top of the other stats.

myco666

Also now that ive been paying attention what even is the point of durability, did i unlock some special mode or glitch cause everytime i come back to FLS it automatically goes back up to normal.

What even is the point?¿?

It is pretty much pointless system in this game. I don't think there is any enemy or trap that would break your equipment and going through areas doesn't break them either. They should just get rid of it with this game considering how it is a non factor. Also repair powder is the most useless thing to spend souls on.

jett

D-Member
So this dude. Look at the two weapons his dual wielding, lol.

O3R3X1E.jpg

He's cheating, right? Pretty inoffensive, but I thought it was funny someone would do that.

So is getting the 'good' ending even worth it? Seems like it's extremely lackluster and vanilla as fuck.

All of the endings in this game are shit.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So is getting the 'good' ending even worth it? Seems like it's extremely lackluster and vanilla as fuck.

Durability is only an issue if you keep invading/co-oping without using a bonfire. Every X amount of tries my weapon is at risk. It's been much better than in DS1 and 2.

Durability was never an issue in 1. Never.

Skii

Fired up DS3 earlier today and beat P
ontiff
S
uylivan
on the first try of the day. Really surprised by that considering the difficulty I had yesterday lol.

2nd phase is a lot easier when you deal with the shadow since his attack pattern is very similar to his first phase

I also went a bit past him and got wrecked by two invaders of Aldrich's servants I think. Ridiculously unfair. I have to fight both of them and they get to chug estus. Really disliking the PVP in this game. They need to get rid of the invader's estus flask asap to balance this shit out. I might just play offline now because of this as I want to face AI invaders for their sweet loot. But then that means probably never finding anymore illusionary walls

But yeah, Iritheyl reminds me of Anor Londo but with snow basically. I found that place with the silver knights and the painting of Gwynevere as well as Smough's hammer. And now I've found a bridge with the two archers once again lol

This game is just nostalgia central!

Cyrano

Also now that ive been paying attention what even is the point of durability, did i unlock some special mode or glitch cause everytime i come back to FLS it automatically goes back up to normal.

It is relevant to specific weapons whose abilities are tied to their durability. Otherwise it's meaningless.

Unless it's like the Storm Ruler or something of that nature, then yeah it's pretty meaningless

KHlover

Banned
Damn man I have totally hit a wall with
Dancer of Boreal Valley
. This thing is ruthless. Even if I summon two other players we all die within the second stage. Shit is rough!

Stay on its ass and make sure your hits count! DotBV is one of the few bosses where you actually have time to conect with fully charged R2 attacks, so I'd try using those. When it does its massive spinning move in Phase 2 stay as close to its back as possible for the first 6-7 spins, then start to spam dodge roll to avoid the last spin as that one can actually hit you.

Grab hits super hard but is pretty telegraphed, don't try to roll through it. Better off rolling out of grabbing range, that hitbox is super broken.

If you get hit don't try to heal until the combo is actually finished, but that one is true for all bosses. Make sure to stay at full life, so when you heal up try to get the fast double chug animation (is that widely known actually? never seen it mentioned anywhere but it's super useful)

myco666

He's cheating, right? Pretty inoffensive, but I thought it was funny someone would do that.

Why you think he would be cheating? Considering that set looks rather light I would assume it is legit. Don't know why someone would do something like that but it should be entirely possible.

Cyrano

Does a real, non-joke parry guide exist yet? I can't for the life of me consistently parry anything.
Two things, parrying is affected by latency, which means the "you're a half second behind" rule applies if you're trying to parry in PvP.
Second, parries do not start until your stamina bar goes down.

The best time to parry is normally when enemies or players are trying to combo you, as you can usually sneak one in and get a parry for free (you can mash for the parry). This doesn't work against all weapons, but it works on stuff like Estocs and Dark Swords.

Cyrano

O3R3X1E.jpg

Depends - what's your SL? If it's in the 80+ range two ultra-greats is plausible.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I decided to try out a broadsword I found. Definitely feels more powerful than my spear I was using.

Also,
I just killed Vordt
after only 1 death. Felt like a baller after that. I think the hook of this series is finally catching up to me.

I ran into some knight that gets all glowy to the left of the entrance to Emma. What's his deal? He kind of wrecked me.

Yuria/Ending question:

So I'm pretty sure I got the Usurpation of Fire ending, that's the one where you grab the fire and walk past people chanting about Londor right? Well I chose not to go into New Game + and back at firelink Yuria is still there. I thought she was supposed to be gone and have left her equips?
Did you summon her before the final fight and finished it with her surviving?

So I decided to try out a broadsword I found. Definitely feels more powerful than my spear I was using.

Also,
I just killed Vordt
after only 1 death. Felt like a baller after that. I think the hook of this series is finally catching up to me.

I ran into some knight that gets all glowy to the left of the entrance to Emma. What's his deal? He kind of wrecked me.

If you see an enemy with red eyes then expect it to attack fast and often.

ExVicis

Is there some way to complete Greirat's quest without Loretta's bone? I kind fucked myself over and accidentally gave it away to the crows. I've been rather salty because I fucked up maybe every NPC quest I've come across but if I can salvage Greirat's somehow I'd love to know of it so I can save SOMETHING.

Man I am getting wrecked by halberds in pvp, using the dual katanas, just can't find an attack window on these dudes. Guess I should sprint stab cheese them.

Novocaine

Finally done with Concords, but I need to wait until next cycle to turn them in now. All covenants done!

Just gearing to start NG++, making sure everything is where I want it to be. So I've managed to get my AR up to 764 with Anri's SS, Sarcred Oath and Deep Protection. That's kind of stupid for a straight sword. I have a feeling NG++ will be a breeze.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Just checking, is there something I can give
Yorshka
to convince her that
Sulyvahn is dead
and she
is free
?

I never thought about that earlier.

MilkBeard

So are
the other endings
that bad too?

There are at least two endings that are quite good. They of course will probably not provide the kind of closure that you are looking for. However, with proper knowledge of the lore they are nice. I suggest reading a lot of important items, magic skills, scrolls and armor/weapon and you will get more understanding of what is going on.

Or just go to the Lore thread or search for some lore vids to fill up on the details. Souls games' stories are incredibly vague unless you read those things thoroughly. Bloodborne was the same way.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
NK is ten times easier than the last boss.

I have beaten him twice now solo and did it on the first try both times. I had to summon for the last boss on my first playthrough and have tried 10 times on ng+.

NK is an awesome boss fight nit I don't understand what part gives people trouble. Now the last boss, whew boy.

Arjen

Hosted a spontaneous fight Club tonight, I was surprised how quick everyone understood my intention, it was fun, one dude back stabbed me, but he got taken care of real quick Hehe.

Just got to
Irithyll
(mid game spoiler) and these mobs at the beginning are actually kicking my ass. Probably toughest enemy I've ran into so far. Did a lot of people have trouble with them at first?

ExVicis

NK is ten times easier than the last boss.

I have beaten him twice now solo and did it on the first try both times. I had to summon for the last boss on my first playthrough and have tried 10 times on ng+.

NK is an awesome boss fight nit I don't understand what part gives people trouble. Now the last boss, whew boy.
I think there can be a lot of different interpretation of bosses in Dark Souls 3. A lot of people expressed how hard or beautiful Dancer was as a fight but I honestly just find the fight annoying and actually easier than Pontiff or Aldrich and finished it by myself after maybe a handful of solo tries.

So I can understand someone saying NK was very hard and someone else thinking NK was a great fight.

Just got to
Irithyll
(mid game spoiler) and these mobs at the beginning are actually kicking my ass. Probably toughest enemy I've ran into so far. Did a lot of people have trouble with them at first?

Yeah, they were definitely tricky my first time through that area. Make sure you're only fighting those guys 1v1. It's perfectly fine to run if need be.

J-Skee

My worst enemy is the camera against the K
ing
of the S
torm
. I'm getting close though.

EDIT: OMG, this is the N
ameless
K
ing
everyone's been talking about.

EDIT 2: WTF, you still have to do the first fight when you go back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom