• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Literally impossible cause I keep getting invaded by multiple people. Like 2 at a time. I didn't even know you could get invaded by 2 people at once.

Just start the game in offline mode until you get to the Anor Londo Bonfire.

Seiniyta

So, I've beat the game and a bit into new game + (lvl 101). 40 strength/40 dex, 27 vigor and some vitality. I wonder if it's worthwhile to put points in endurance or if should just continue putting them in dex/strength.

(Refined longsword +10 is my weapon btw)

UrbanRats

So, I've beat the game and a bit into new game + (lvl 101). 40 strength/40 dex, 27 vigor and some vitality. I wonder if it's worthwhile to put points in endurance or if should just continue putting them in dex/strength.

(Refined longsword +10 is my weapon btw)
End is very important, but if you never feel like you're out of stamina, then don't bother.

Did they increase the drop rate of covenant items from pve kills? I was able to farm Proof of Concord Kept a lot faster after the latest patch.

Nope

Killed 30+ knights last night with 415 item discovery and didn't get a single one.

can we no longer have fight clubs? Seems like I found no fight clubs today, and once you summon one person the signs disappear.

You may need to use a dried finger.

Just as a point of interest, I had to kill approximately 1200 Silver Knights across three playthroughs and I never ever got summoned either, no joke.

it's pretty shit

I'm playing the Japanese version. Don't know if that makes any difference but before the patch I was getting roughly 2 an hour and yesterday I got 10+ in two hours.

Idk, may just be random. I mean, I've gotten swordgrass from all three enemies next to the Keep Ruins bonfire on a single run, but there's been several runs where I didn't get any. Maybe the patch changed something and I'm just insanely unlucky.

personally I think every covenant item should be dropping like crazy at 400+ item discovery as a matter of principle

Also, the souls reward for killing hosts and phantoms is garbage. Please take a note from DS2 From.

What did Dark Souls 2 do better in this regard? Wasn't it similar income as an invader killing host+phantoms as Dark Souls 1, just no infinitely-upward invasions and host/phantoms got a little less for killing the invader?

Tarkus

What did Dark Souls 2 do better in this regard? Wasn't it similar income as an invader killing host+phantoms as Dark Souls 1, just no infinitely-upward invasions and host/phantoms got a little less for killing the invader?
Give you a reward based off of the opponent's soul memory. Much more than the often 400 souls you get for killing a phantom in DS3.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Getting really fucking tired of invading and then there are like 5 other phantoms. The mayhem is fun but I just wanna get this covenant shit done.

Also fun to spawn into a group of three that rapes you immediately. Way to load me into the right place, game.

I love all these invaders that resort to using enemies to win when they realize they can't take us

Well, if you're teaming up against the invader, they're well within their rights to use enemies to their advantage. You shouldn't feel proud about winning or almost winning against an invader when you're outnumbering them two or three to one.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I just finished the game and loved it.

I got all four endings by restoring a save just before activating the last bonfire. My final and "canonical" ending is the Usurpation of Fire one. My character looked like a total badass when all the hollows vowed before her!

Now I'm going to get all the items I'm missing before starting NG+. I'm missing an Estus Shard and some items in the lava section, including a few pyromancies and spells I want for the Achievements. I don't know if I want to get all the rings... Some of them are from Covenants (I have zero interest in PvP) and some are only available on NG++.

Do enemies become that much harder on NG+ and beyond?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I got all four endings by restoring a save just before activating the last bonfire. My final and "canonical" ending is the Usurpation of Fire one. My character looked like a total badass when all the hollows vowed before her!

Now I'm going to get all the items I'm missing before starting NG+. I'm missing an Estus Shard and some items in the lava section, including a few pyromancies and spells I want for the Achievements. I don't know if I want to get all the rings... Some of them are from Covenants (I have zero interest in PvP) and some are only available on NG++.

No, NG+ is incredibly easy.

SDR-UK

If you want to get the platinum and don't want to go into NG+, I can drop all of the rings for you (PS4) and thus you should be able to do clean up (assuming you still have a few of the boss souls for the pyromancies, sorceries and miracles entailed).

SeanTSC

Finally got around to finishing NG++ for the Platinum. Ended up at level 219 with stats at 39/27/40/75/40/40/10/30/7 just so I could wear full Havel's and still roll for shits and giggles.

It's too bad poise is turned off, will be fun to play around with if they ever fix it.

Took me a while, 105 hours, 56 minutes played. Mostly because I was intent on killing every single enemy and collecting every single item on each run. Got a lot of levels just off +Soul items in NG+ and NG++, you end up picking up lots of pretty huge ones if you grab everything.

N° 2048

Well, if you're teaming up against the invader, they're well within their rights to use enemies to their advantage. You shouldn't feel proud about winning or almost winning against an invader when you're outnumbering them two or three to one.

Why would they not if they're outnumbered? You want them to fight your group by themselves?

but I wanna win ;_;

naw I know I'm being an asshole because I can't git gud.

TitusTroy

late game spoiler question...

what's the difference having Irina as the Firekeeper versus the regular one?...any benefits or is it just for story purposes and doesn't serve any other reason?

After playing Nioh, Ive wanted to play souls

I avoided this game because I thought I was tired of the series, but it really seems like I just didnt like Bloodborne.

Read about the patch worsening ps4 offline.. is there a lot of patching still needed?

MilkBeard

How so? Dark Souls 3 doesn't use Soul Memory, so you're not automatically forced into a different matching range. You can spend those souls elsewhere (or just ignore them).

I'm talking primarily about overleveling for pve, not pvp. The game already becomes easy enough if you do co op and pvp for a while and cash in on the souls.

MilkBeard

Catacombs were torture. Didn't have any fun there. I wouldn't play through that level again for a billion dollars.

A heavy weapon rips through those damned shotel skeletons. If you don't stagger them they are a giant pain. Also fire works well.

I rather liked the level though, and wish it was more complex, tbh.

N° 2048

So why don't these games have a Boss Rush mode? Seems kind of an obvious thing to implement.

That's interesting, I'd love that feature. I'm doing co-op and basically boss rushing
Dancer
because it's probably one of the most gorgeous boss battles I've ever played.

Zoggy

dark souls shitposts

DAE it's not fair when I invade to kill one person but there's five

As many of you know, the word "Invade" was a term invented by Walkietalkie Mayarudolph to describe a mechanic in his 2009 video game masterpiece, Demon's Souls.

This mechanic was very useful to the player because he would repair your car whenever it had taken too much damage and he would also sell you upgrades after you progressed to certain points in the game. These upgrades were essential for a new player progressing through the game world to fulfill their quest of getting to the end of the game.

The game didn't have any multiplayer yet, as 2009 was akin to the dark ages, but the dark faded and brought about the age of firewires, and the chosen undead linked the wires and restored multiplayer to the next game in the series, Dark Souls 3, unless you chose the stupid ending with the snake mustache.

Fast forward to now and it's NG+7 years after the release of Demon's Souls and the snake mustache is nowhere to be seen. That's why I nominate Dark Souls 3 as having the worst mechanic in a souls game so far. Thanks, guys. Please be sure to like, tongue but, hole therefore finger behind rear.

Zoggy

A heavy weapon rips through those damned shotel skeletons. If you don't stagger them they are a giant pain. Also fire works well.

I rather liked the level though, and wish it was more complex, tbh.

you nubs, skeletons are super weak to blunt weapons.

any mace/club 1 or 2 shots them.

in demons souls 4-1 you could easily beat them with your fists!

I love all these invaders that resort to using enemies to win when they realize they can't take us baha

I use enemies and running around the map just to waste the time of hosts that can't win without gank squads. I know I'm not going to win, but it's going to take you forever to catch me. :3

Giant tree seed does nothing since I can escape mobs just as easily.

Bossun

Did they increase the drop rate of covenant items from pve kills? I was able to farm Proof of Concord Kept a lot faster after the latest patch.

Don't think so. I got ONE earlier today but I was not farming them at that time.
Anyway I was ecstatic. I decided to make today a national holiday on that occasion "the day the proof of concord kept dropped".

MilkBeard

you nubs, skeletons are super weak to blunt weapons.

any mace/club 1 or 2 shots them.

in demons souls 4-1 you could easily beat them with your fists!

It's not exactly the same in DS3. I saw a video with Epicnamebro fighting them and it took about 10-12 punches to beat a single skeleton.

I don't use blunt weapons so I wouldn't know such. But it's easy to see that heavy weapons stun them easily and fire works well if you don't use blunt weapons. They're not particularly difficult as long as you stun them. And the regular enemies go down in two hits anyway.

Also, DS1 required Blessed weapons to keep them from resurrecting.

SDR-UK

Finished the game, Hollow Ending. Eh. Final boss was a let down, but that's par for the course.

Did you not believe that it was an improvement over the previous entries in the series then? I'm shocked, if not.

Personally, I enjoyed it. It felt like a throwback to the times when I used to constantly PVP in Dark Souls, especially with the mix-ups in the first phase, it felt like a prototypical jack of all trades build in Dark Souls 1 that was brought to life. Of course, the AI is never going to give the same sort of battle as a competent player did back in the day, but it was a cool 'flashback' of sorts for me nonetheless. Still, I will agree that the fight is certainly not the best the series or even this game has to offer but I did find it was a HUGE improvement over the previous final bosses.

Here's hoping they go all Old Hunters DLC with the content they have planned for Dark Souls 3.

aldrich
keeps kicking my shit in. Been stuck here for days :(

You against summoning? If not, I would throw my name in the hat to help assuming you're on PlayStation of course.

mulac

So for a STR build, is the consensus that Yhorm's Machete is the best/most powerful weapon in the game?

I'm rocking that at +2 and switching between Black Knight's Sword +3 as and when.

My VIT is only at 33 though so using the Machete kills my dodge/duck/dive/dodge tactics.

Lebneney

Banned
So I removed the estus flask from my dpad inventory. Plus I do not know how to equip firebombs aside from going through the entire menu.

This is my first souls game, but it seems to me that the hardest thing about this game is the inventory menu...

Could anyone provide some help, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom