• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

I just got invaded by someone who was completely invisible.

Also before that, I have not been seeing any summoning signs at all.

SDR-UK

Is there no weapon degradation in the game? None of my equipment is ever eligible for repair at the blacksmith. Or is this a pc bug?

They get repaired each time you rest at a bonfire. The current durability of your weapon is displayed underneath the weapon icon. It generally never goes that far that it needs a repair.

Khezu

Is there no weapon degradation in the game? None of my equipment is ever eligible for repair at the blacksmith. Or is this a pc bug?

It exists, but your weapons are healed every time you rest at a bonfire.

I think there are enemies that have weapon degredation attacks.
I know acid surge is in the game and does it.
None of it does enough to actually do anything though.

gaugebozo

What kind of damage (2nd to last boss)
are the Princes
doing? I'm not having too much trouble with the fight, but something is sneaking past my shield and it starts to add up.

x3r0123

alright got all the shackles that i need. thanks for the help SDR
as a side note, anyone needing them in one go. let me know

ExVicis

Yes.

I just checked on a different character right outside of Pontiff's bonfire and not a single summon sign.

FYI, I've had friends be invisible to me before. I have no idea if there's a cheat for being invisible but i know that there is a legitimate bug that makes people invisible

I'm aware, but all the same I've also still seen people hacking that were invisible including that guy who was getting people soft banned earlier. Be careful witht hem is all I'm really trying to say.

On a Sidenote, what do you guys think about the Grave Warden Twinblades? I've seen so little discussion about them but I've found them to be incredibly good weapons in and out of PvP. They have a really good moveset and they have nice bleed and scaling. Surprised I've seen so little talk about them.

God so glad it is so easy to get into PvP in this game. Fight clubs are a lot of Fun I just wish From/Namco can work on their networking/server a little more.

TitusTroy

is there a fast swinging STR weapon in the game?...for bosses like
Champion Gundyr
and a few others it seems like my preferred Greatsword types aren't really good enough...

pa22word

Also, I don't know how much this will help, but I found these on Steam as to the ports you should forward to:

TCP : 27014~27050, 50050

UDP : 27000~27030, 3478, 4379, 4380, 50000~50003

I just set it up in hopes to help with blue sents/darkmoon stuffs, but eh we'll see....

BraXzy

I've been enjoying the game so much I've picked up the collector's edition. Steelbook is awesome, art book is beautiful and the statue kicks ass :D

MilkBeard

I'm aware, but all the same I've also still seen people hacking that were invisible including that guy who was getting people soft banned earlier. Be careful witht hem is all I'm really trying to say.

On a Sidenote, what do you guys think about the Grave Warden Twinblades? I've seen so little discussion about them but I've found them to be incredibly good weapons in and out of PvP. They have a really good moveset and they have nice bleed and scaling. Surprised I've seen so little talk about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWMfpfYb03s

There are some people rocking the Warden Twinblades. With the right build they seem pretty viable, and especially that spin move seems deadly. I'm going to upgrade them on my next playthrough.

SRTtoZ

Any recommendations on my next build run? So far i've done an all out STR build, no magic, and then yesterday I finished a Sorcery build (60 int) with a dex weapon. I'd like to try a build that maybe accompanies Faith or Pyro.

Any recommendations on my next build run? So far i've done an all out STR build, no magic, and then yesterday I finished a Sorcery build (60 int) with a dex weapon. I'd like to try a build that maybe accompanies Faith or Pyro.

No weapons.

Dung Piles only.

Final Destination.

myheaduphigh

Neo Member
N
ameless King
is seriously ruining my life this week. He's all I have left aside from C
hampion Gundyr
before I wrap up this playthrough and go to the last boss.

I've tried summoning all the time, but I'm always hit with "unable to summon phantom" as well as my bonfire not working or the quit game option. And I don't think its from an invasion. :p Never truly figured out a fix for that. Has anyone here?

SRTtoZ

No weapons.

Dung Piles only.

Final Destination.

GRpbEQz.gif

N
ameless King
is seriously ruining my life this week. He's all I have left aside from C
hampion Gundyr
before I wrap up this playthrough and go to the last boss.

I've tried summoning all the time, but I'm always hit with "unable to summon phantom" as well as my bonfire not working or the quit game option. And I don't think its from an invasion. :p Never truly figured out a fix for that. Has anyone here?

It usually ends up being a Phantom IMO. When I get the unable to summon message, usually 20-30 seconds later new signs pop up that all work. Be patient, quit the game and try again, try to turn on cross region matchmaking, and lastly teleport to shrine and back. Those are some things that have helped me.

Sorry, guys. Forgot to put NA. Anyway, I somehow got lucky with a summon who knew what he was doing and it was a cake walk.

Thanks though!

now the upside if you know what you're doing and your host doesn't suck, is go ahead and put down your sign and you get insta summoned

personally he was easier for me in solo than in co op. easier to dodge his attacks

Lucentto

Banned
What the fuck did From do to magic? Compared to all my other physical characters, my magic char still does shit damage even at 40 INT. Even my faith character did more damage...

Also, I don't know how much this will help, but I found these on Steam as to the ports you should forward to:

TCP : 27014~27050, 50050

UDP : 27000~27030, 3478, 4379, 4380, 50000~50003

I just set it up in hopes to help with blue sents/darkmoon stuffs, but eh we'll see....

I've had these ports forwarded since launch and I don't think it really helps with that stuff.

BraXzy

I'm still using my trusty Broadsword +3 to go about my business. I keep wondering if I should stick with it or wait for some crazy drop. I've seen various weapon names get thrown around as the "best" ones. Should I be saving my titanite?

So for N
ameless
K
ing______
I just realized I can just
use a yellow stoneplate ring for the second phase and I was like "derp, I should've done that to begin with and I wouldn't be complaining so much." I feel less dumb now because I just realized I don't actually HAVE one. :p

SRTtoZ

What the fuck did From do to magic? Compared to all my other physical characters, my magic char still does shit damage even at 40 INT. Even my faith character did more damage...

Yea it sucks. Also, the fact that Great Heavy Soul Arrow (14fp) does similar damage to Crystal Soul Spear (55FP!!!!!!!!!) is fucking stupid. From has some serious balancing issues to fix in DS3.

pa22word

I've had these ports forwarded since launch and I don't think it really helps with that stuff.

=\

At this point I'm just going to wait on a patch and set my character aside for the moment, because if I continue on I have to outlevel matchmaking in order to get hollowed. Sucks because this would be the best time to blue sent due to all the people playing, but is what it is I guess.

RedSwirl

I think I managed to fuck up every single NPC questline in the game. Basically all the people who go in and out of Firelink Shrine are gone, and I progressed through the game in a way where I'd basically have never figured out where they died without outside help.

I don't know about Sorcery but Pyromancy mows people down in this. Chaos Bed Vestiges annihilates damn near everything, Rapport is super OP and Black Fire Orb covers anything the standard fire-based stuff won't take care of.

GulAtiCa

That was fun. I got myself summoned as a mound maker. I helped the host out up till boss fight, and let the host enter on their own with attacking. Fun to mix it up and help out.

Scythian

Hey guys, Dark Souls returning player starting a new game for the first time, wondering if anyone has any advice on stat distribution and weapons/armor, I'm kinda worried since I'm not that good rolling but likes to be well-protected with shield and armor so if I get hit it's not that big of a deal. Is that a viable way to play DSIII?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hey guys, Dark Souls returning player starting a new game for the first time, wondering if anyone has any advice on stat distribution and weapons/armor, I'm kinda worried since I'm not that good rolling but likes to be well-protected with shield and armor so if I get hit it's not that big of a deal. Is that a viable way to play DSIII?

You can still go sword-and-board, yes, but poise from armor is flat out nonexistent right now, and the effect is rolled into shields, so make sure to mind your blocking.

burgerdog

- All quests except both pathes of one can be done in one playthrough.
- All rings require 3 playthroughs
- Endings require 3 playthroughs (for the trophy), 4 to see all endings (or use PS+ exploit)
- All spells can be achieved in one playthrough

Also, thanks for the helm!

They should have gotten the Bloodborne team to handle cheevo/trophies. I love DS3 but I can't bring myself to grind shit to get all the steam achievements. I'll just end up hating the game after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom