• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I've mainly been levelling strength for damage and vigour for health with bits of endurance and maybe one in vitality. I'm using a dowels and Broadsword.

Should i put more into dex? Does it make attacks quicker?

Anyone know if there are still framerate issues on PS4 when playing offline? Apparently the latest patch caused some problems and I've been wanting to finally start playing this weekend.

SRTtoZ

that
giant lightning shooting tape worm underneath smoldering lake

nope.

run towards the boss door, let him pop out of the ground and he will be facing away from you, just run up and hit him a few times, back up a lil bit, rinse and repeat. Cheese as fuck.

Cheese the fuck out of it with arrows man.
There is a ledge right after the worm where you can just keep shooting it with arrows.

I just ran up to it, hit it a few times and ran out of its attack range. Rinse and repeat, easy cheese!

Yeah he's probably not as formidable as he looks. His emergence from the lake was intimidating as fuck though lol.

Just got done with beating the P
ontiff
. Think im done for the night.

Shit. Wasted 20K souls on that
Tower Key
what a waste. The merchant trolled me as I was expecting a decent place to find useful loot and maybe some decent enemies to farm more souls. What a bitch for charging me that much. I want a refund

SRTtoZ

Apparently the sorcery buff isnt on PC yet, so hopefully we get that soon. It seems after buff the Crystal Soul Spears should be doing close to 2k damage per.

Chorazin

Yea it sucks. Also, the fact that Great Heavy Soul Arrow (14fp) does similar damage to Crystal Soul Spear (55FP!!!!!!!!!) is fucking stupid. From has some serious balancing issues to fix in DS3.

GHSS is the only sorcery projectile worth a damn. I spent hours grinding today to get my INT to 45 to use Soul Stream. It's cool looking, but not worth it vs GHSS.

GulAtiCa

Lol, someone summoned me as a mound maker. I am in co-op type of mood, so was trying to help them out. But their other summon starts attacking me. Not realizing I was summoned, not invading. So now I'm just hanging back letting them kill enemies and get me Souls. Hopefully one of them dies.

I wonder. If you soon a mound maker, can you send them back via the crystal? I hope not

Sarcasm

So I got to the respec cov place in Catherdal and went back to firelink shrine. I main a LS +3 and had the butcher knife in my inventory.

I go AFK and my wife upgrades my knife to +4 which used my only large tit shards....I assume after this boss..LRG become more common?

For PC players - in response to the hacking scare I made Dark Souls 3 program that will make back ups of your saves.

You can set an interval in minutes where your game save will be copied.

Also, dont forget to stop it and/or close out the program when you are done playing Dark Souls 3

Check it out here:

https://github.com/insane0hflex/DarkSouls3SaveGameBackupTool

Hacking scare? They hack your save?

Spacejaws

Huzzah so for the first time after buying the game I actually have some internet so I tried some of the Covenants.

Little bit of sunbroing for
deacons of the deep
and quite a few times for
wolnir
im a bit sad I could only do
abyss watchers
once but Im guessing thats either because of my SL 51 being too high or that people have a tendancy not to summon and would rather just sprint right past the wraiths.

Must be too high for the watchdogs of farron as I couldnt get even one summon but I did head to
ithyll square?
and done a bit of pvp as a mad phantom man that was fun. Especially when you spawn behind the enemies the bring them into the square.

Not sure I got the etique down yet are mad phantoms not allowed to heal if its 1v1? I did it once and the guy stopped and Im like hey you chose to fight I just wanna be in the red phantom chaos.

Quite hilarious when i got summoned as a sunbro with another the host leads us through the level which is clean of enemies to
the alter with the two sword enemies and the fire priest
and an invader just squatting between them all. So I did the only noble thing and got prompty mauled by the two sword guys and surely lured the whole mob plus the red phantom to our jittery host of embers. Whoops!

Tried sitting with the blue sentinal on but got nothing. Also what am I suppose to do about the rosario fingers thing? just invade? If its a red soapstone invasion does that count to?

JDB

Banned
I just ran up to it, hit it a few times and ran out of its attack range. Rinse and repeat, easy cheese!
I don't get why I doesn't have any other attacks besides that one laser he shoots in the same direction every time. It's like they had the enemy ready to go but didn't have enough time to give it more attacks but decided to keep it in anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if that was meant to be the actual boss there instead of the demon king which is basically another stray demon anyway.

Shit. Wasted 20K souls on that
Tower Key
what a waste. The merchant trolled me as I was expecting a decent place to find useful loot and maybe some decent enemies to farm more souls. What a bitch for charging me that much. I want a refund

Did you find the
silver serpent ring
?

Well, I finally finished NG. Fantastic entry to the series. Easily beat my expectations and then some. So many cool moments and surprises. Bosses were some of the best in the series, level design was labyrinthine as ever and the art direction continues to be world class.

There were still a few technical issues From needs to iron out and I have some nitpicks on a few design decisions, but overall my gut impression is that this is the best Souls game yet.

Now to spend countless hours sunbroing and helping others out where I can.

Well, I finally finished NG. Fantastic entry to the series. Easily beat my expectations and then some. So many cool moments and surprises. Bosses were some of the best in the series, level design was labyrinthine as ever and the art direction continues to be world class.

There were still a few technical issues From needs to iron out and I have some nitpicks on a few design decisions, but overall my gut impression is that this is the best Souls game yet.

That's basically my opinion as well. It's the perfect "medieval" Souls game with castles & dragons and shit. Lothric Castle beast Boletaria and that is quite the feat. I mean I cannot imagine anyone, not even FROM, doing a better fantasy Souls game than that. Even if they will it will be more of the same and people will be bored and nitpick the game to death.

Where do they go next? I need sci-fi Souls...

Finished!

At the moment - game of the year. Bar none. This is everything I wanted and more from a sequel to Dark Souls and it helps wipe away the bad taste in my mouth left by DS2 which is a game that just never clicked with me no matter how hard I tried with it.

So much this. This game is everything I wanted out of a Dark Souls 1 sequel and then more. A fantastic Souls game AND a fantastic Dark Souls 1 "sequel".

DS2 can rot in hell now. What a mistep that game was.

Noirulus

That's basically my opinion as well. It's the perfect "medieval" Souls game with castles & dragons and shit. Lothric Castle beast Boletaria and that is quite the feat. I mean I cannot imagine anyone, not even FROM, doing a better fantasy Souls game than that. Even if they will it will be more of the same and people will be bored and nitpick the game to death.

Where do they go next? I need sci-fi Souls...

So much this. This game is everything I wanted out of a Dark Souls 1 sequel and then more. A fantastic Souls game AND a fantastic Dark Souls 1 "sequel".

DS2 can rot in hell now. What a mistep that game was.

Yoooo. Sci-fi souls would be interesting as hell. Something like a souls version of Dead space?

Mephala

Dancer can fuck right off

What the hell do I do for this boss as melee? This is worse than pontiff

I did hit and runs. If you see it wind up for the spin2win I rolled towards its right arm (left side when facing it). Just roll under the sweeps and move back then run in for a hit or two when he is done.

Get'sMad

I gank the gankers:

1D9E1772BAA0E767DC53BAE1992AC0BED72D54D3

😈

these kids these days with their gank squads and giants seeds don't know what it was like in the heyday of DeS and DaS being invaded.

but it made us better for it

traveler

Not Wario
Cheese the fuck out of it with arrows man.
There is a ledge right after the worm where you can just keep shooting it with arrows.

It seems scary as hell, but it really only has two attacks. Turn off the
ballista
, stand behind it, and you can just see which of the two attacks its doing to then attack accordingly.

It seems scary as hell, but it really only has two attacks. Turn off the
ballista
, stand behind it, and you can just see which of the two attacks its doing to then attack accordingly.

You don't even need to do anything. Just go around to the other side and
let the ballista shoot it for you.

So about that glitch where you can kill the dancer early in the game..people keep saying you get access to good gear, but is that gear from chests in the castle, or do you need to explore? Won't the rest of the castle be high level making it hard to get any of that gear anyway at a low level?

Dancer can fuck right off

What the hell do I do for this boss as melee? This is worse than pontiff

If you're on PS4 I am down to help.

If you're trying to solo, she's not that quick and being very patient is super important. Don't get greedy. 1-2 hits back off. Use pillars for cover at times.

Meccs

So people say you should only play offline for now on PC since all the hackers trying to soft ban everyone. Is this true? Wtf is going on?

So people say you should only play offline for now on PC since all the hackers trying to soft ban everyone. Is this true? Wtf is going on?

A guy figured out how to hit someone with their weapon and ruin your character and softban it. He decided to share it with others as well.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
A guy figured out how to hit someone with their weapon and ruin your character and softban it. He decided to share it with others as well.

Boy I sure do hate being a lame console peasant these days.

That framerate is shit though :(

Carl7

I think it's just not true. I've been playing PvP and coop nonstop since the game released and nothing has happened so far.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was making my way through (early game) U
ndead
S
ettlement
and I got invaded by
Holy Knight Hodrick
. Managed to kill him and then made my way to the C
urse Ridden Greatwood
and killed it. Afterwards I realized that I was at the Mound Makers altar, and when I looked up how to join the covenant it looks like I missed my chance?

I don't particularly care since none of the covenant rewards seem interesting, but I'm interested if there is any other way to join it, or if I have to wait until NG+?

Also, screw that dude with the greatbow firing at me from a tower.

daedalius

If you're on PS4 I am down to help.

If you're trying to solo, she's not that quick and being very patient is super important. Don't get greedy. 1-2 hits back off. Use pillars for cover at times.

Hard as hell boss, laggy as fuck in room, Gj From

Just won, baited her into the stupid spin move repeatedly and just got a couple hits in each time. Dumb

Carl7

I was making my way through (early game) U
ndead
S
ettlement
and I got invaded by
Holy Knight Hodrick
. Managed to kill him and then made my way to the C
urse Ridden Greatwood
and killed it. Afterwards I realized that I was at the Mound Makers altar, and when I looked up how to join the covenant it looks like I missed my chance?

I don't particularly care since none of the covenant rewards seem interesting, but I'm interested if there is any other way to join it, or if I have to wait until NG+?

Also, screw that dude with the greatbow firing at me from a tower.

You may have have a second chance later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom