• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's basically my opinion as well. It's the perfect "medieval" Souls game with castles & dragons and shit. Lothric Castle beast Boletaria and that is quite the feat. I mean I cannot imagine anyone, not even FROM, doing a better fantasy Souls game than that. Even if they will it will be more of the same and people will be bored and nitpick the game to death.

Where do they go next? I need sci-fi Souls...

Sci-fi Souls could be so bad ass.

Toxi

Banned
Not really. Faith takes a really long time to get going, and there are very few weapons that scale well with faith.
Also lightning spear damage is awful.
I was so fucking disappointed when I tried out Lightning Spear and it did similar damage to my unupgraded Longbow.

Meccs

How do you know you have been soft banned?

No idea. I just woke up and found stuff on Reddit etc. At one point this "hacker" even streamed this sh*t on Youtube. People say he added a large amount of souls to people and that triggers a soft ban for irregular data. Now I'm too scared to play online lol

Aceofspades

Banned
Bosses feel so easy in DS3 compared to DeS and BB.

I reached Lothric castle now and I have yet to face a difficult boss, maybe Im over leveled a bit ~75 now STR build.

Sarcasm

So I got to the respec cov place in Catherdal and went back to firelink shrine. I main a LS +3 and had the butcher knife in my inventory.

I go AFK and my wife upgrades my knife to +4 which used my only large tit shards....I assume after this boss..LRG become more common?

Hacking scare? They hack your save?

Screw NPC quest lines. So obtuse and requires wiki. About to say screw ittttt.

Non-stop Sunbro train at
Princes
and
Cinder
. Having a blast.

It is so ridiculous when there are 4 people in the boss room, just a crazy gang-bang. Although, it is quite hilarious when
Cinder
got all 4 of us trapped in that monster combo of his. We all died, lol.

Ellite25

In terms of content, it does seem to be the lightest, but it is very consistently good.
I can agree with that. None of the areas seemed tacked on or useless. They all seems pretty unique, both the settings and the enemies. Usually the games take me around 40 hours the first time through. I can help but feel a but disappointed by that aspect.

Toxi

Banned
So I got to the respec cov place in Catherdal and went back to firelink shrine. I main a LS +3 and had the butcher knife in my inventory.

I go AFK and my wife upgrades my knife to +4 which used my only large tit shards....I assume after this boss..LRG become more common?
If you reach Farron Keep, the area after that hands them out pretty generously.

Khezu

I got like 6 ears from one blue summon.
Guy popped dried fingers so a new person kept getting summoned before we killed the current guy.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat the game. Great stuff, definitely had some very memorable bosses. Only took me 26 hours though, seems so short.

Man, I must really suck at this game. I'm 8 hours in and I just beat the third boss (C
urse Rotted Greatwood
). I don't really mind, since I'm enjoying myself, but I'm always shocked when people say they're beating the game so quickly.

Haxan

Banned
Sorta unrelated-ish, but quick question: I've played Demon's Souls and both Dark Souls games. Which would be best to play first, this or Bloodborne? I'm guessing BB since it will have been all patched up by this point.

OK, this game has been the weirdest Souls experience for me.
I'm currently at ~40hrs. Took my time. Nearing the very end (just about to fight D
ragon Armor
dude in L
othric Castle
).
I did a full melee guy, sitting at 40 STR / 20 DEX atm, (my first in DS, usually I was a pyro/caster) and it's been fun, kinda but I feel like I'm missing something. :/
I don't know what to do with all the weapons I have.
I'm still rocking a Heavy Dark Sword +10. Only upgraded 2 shields to +5 (Lothric & Dragon Crest) and still wearing the same Lothric Knight armor I found near the beginning of the game. :/
What should I upgrade? What are the good STR weapons with great scaling? Share some good builds. :)

Rizzi

Sorta unrelated-ish, but quick question: I've played Demon's Souls and both Dark Souls games. Which would be best to play first, this or Bloodborne? I'm guessing BB since it will have been all patched up by this point.

I'd say play Bloodborne. It's the better game.

LiK

OK, this game has been the weirdest Souls experience for me.
I'm currently at ~40hrs. Took my time. Nearing the very end (just about to fight D
ragon Armor
dude in L
othric Castle
).
I did a full melee guy, sitting at 40 STR / 20 DEX atm, (my first in DS, usually I was a pyro/caster) and it's been fun, kinda but I feel like I'm missing something. :/
I don't know what to do with all the weapons I have.
I'm still rocking a Heavy Dark Sword +10. Only upgraded 2 shields to +5 (Lothric & Dragon Crest) and still wearing the same Lothric Knight armor I found near the beginning of the game. :/
What should I upgrade? What are the good STR weapons with great scaling? Share some good builds. :)

Play around with Greatswords, hammers and axes.

Dmax3901

So Nameless King, while very frustrating in a lot of ways, has to be one of the most clear cut examples of learning a boss' attacks, movement patterns and dodge timings.

He took me probably around 5-10 attempts all up. There was one very, very disheartening attempt where his health bar looked empty, like you could not see ANY red there whatsoever, yet I got careless and died. Could not believe it.

Strolled back in there and got him. The camera/lock-on issues stop it being truly great, but damn, great boss.

Play around with Greatswords, hammers and axes.
...but which ones? That's the thing. I'm looking at my inventory, have a couple of cool looking/sounding weapons that I'd like to upgrade, but don't wanna waste my stones on them if I "choose poorly".
In previous games, since I was a caster, I didn't really bother with melee weapons so this...choice problem is kinda overwhelming now. :D
Also, <3 Bloodborne's weapon simplicity (a.k.a.
lack of build variety, huehuehue
).

joesmokey

...but which ones? That's the thing. I'm looking at my inventory, have a couple of cool looking/sounding weapons that I'd like to upgrade, but don't wanna waste my stones on them if I "choose poorly".
There is no choosing poorly, it's all about whatever play style you like.

Just equip different ones and see which movesets you like. If something sticks and seems fun, level it up. It's that simple.

So my third playthrough I made a strength-based ultra weapon man and he's easily the best yet:

mpzRpX1.jpg

So three playthroughs so far:

1. Pure INT pure sorcery... Felt like playing on hard mode.
2. Started quality, ended Chaos Blade dex; was much easier than the first time around.
3. Big fatso strength man... Feels like playing on easy mode.

myco666

So about that glitch where you can kill the dancer early in the game..people keep saying you get access to good gear, but is that gear from chests in the castle, or do you need to explore? Won't the rest of the castle be high level making it hard to get any of that gear anyway at a low level?

If you need to kill something for the gear then it is hard. If you can get the gear while ignoring all of the enemies then it is easy. When you know enemy placements it is pretty easy to just run through areas while picking up everything worthwhile.

Ratrat

Any advice for the boss with the
blue and red swords?
Reminds me a bit of Fume Knight...

edit: eh, nevermind. Kind of a shity boss.

Unfortunately for me, this is the worst dark souls multiplayer yet. I can handle 2, but gank squads of 4-5 gankers? Constantly? Fucking disgusting.

Last 30 invasions have all been gank squads. Every. Fucking. One.

Ellite25

Geez, that's insane to me. guess you had no trouble with the bosses and certain areas at all.
I think I had the most trouble in the
Grand Archives.
. For the most part though none of the areas were overwhelmingly tough. Also, for bosses, I will coop after a few tries if I feel like I'm not making progress. I probably beat 3/4 of them on my own though.

LiK

I think I had the most trouble in the
Grand Archives.
. For the most part though none of the areas were overwhelmingly tough. Also, for bosses, I will coop after a few tries if I feel like I'm not making progress. I probably beat 3/4 of them on my own though.

Heh, so weird. I thought Archives was short and disappointing. I guess if I wasn't trying to complete everything and farm stuff for trophies, 30 hours would've been my time for my first playthrough.

It's definitely way shorter than the previous games. I would say it's similar to length of vanilla BB.

Unfortunately for me, this is the worst dark souls multiplayer yet. I can handle 2, but gank squads of 4-5 gankers? Constantly? Fucking disgusting.

Last 30 invasions have all been gank squads. Every. Fucking. One.

Red Orb Invading is obviously more fun when it's an area that allows two red invaders.

But yeah, they went overboard with how stacked the phantoms are vs. the invaders.

Red Orb Invading is obviously more fun when it's an area that allows two red invaders.

But yeah, they went overboard with how stacked the phantoms are vs. the invaders.

No, it's less fun. Because you have 5 on 1

You have host, 3 phantoms and a red invader which most of the time is allied to the host. Even having the same clan tag in gamertags. It's gross.

Ellite25

Heh, so weird. I thought Archives was short and disappointing. I guess if I wasn't trying to complete everything and farm stuff for trophies, 30 hours would've been my time for my first playthrough.

It's definitely way shorter than the previous games. I would say it's similar to length of vanilla BB.
Well I was tired when playing through it so I was getting a bit frustrated by all the spell casters haha BB actually took me about 40 hours the first time through, go figure. I think maybe I finished it quicker than the others is just my experience now. After multiple games I just understand the mechanics better which I think in turn makes the game easier for me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

It definitely wasnt. The gardens are much more disappointing, since I wanted to see From's take on the twisted garden maze/castle grounds, which is what I was expecting.

What exactly does this mean? I though that can happen if you used the Dried Finger?

Oh, right. Derp. For some reason I thought it was area dependent but yeah, Dried Finger will do that.

No, it's less fun. Because you have 5 on 1
I got some 2v3s today, which is obviously better than being alone against the phantoms. I didn't realize there were red phantoms allying with some phantom groups though, but that hasn't been my experience yet.

Cyrano

It definitely wasnt. The gardens are much more disappointing, since I wanted to see From's take on the twisted garden maze/castle grounds, which is what I was expecting.
Yeah, I'm of the same opinion. Archives were great. Wasn't a fan of the
Crystal Sage
, but the area's design was fantastic.

LiK

Yeah, I'm of the same opinion. Archives were great. Wasn't a fan of the
Crystal Sage
, but the area's design was fantastic.

I'm in the minority then. Felt it was too small and the enemies were bad. Hated they reused those Workers again. I feel the overall Castle area was disappointing. Could've had some fun with some rooms. I think DkS2 did a better job with Drangleic Castle. That place felt huge.

Cyrano

I'm in the minority then. Felt it was too small and the enemies were bad. Hated they reused those Workers again. I feel the overall Castle area was disappointing. Could've had some fun with some rooms. I think DkS2 did a better job with Drangleic Castle. That place felt huge.
Well, I'm probably in the minority of people who don't like the
Cathedral of the Deep
. Felt the design of that space was actually over-packed with enemies, and didn't feel like it built to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom