• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Well, I'm probably in the minority of people who don't like the
Cathedral of the Deep
. Felt the design of that space was actually over-packed with enemies, and didn't feel like it built to anything.

I don't disagree. It was a beautiful area but yea, not much there and the boss was super disappointing. But it had
an awesome scene with Patches
which I missed so I checked YouTube.

myco666

I'm in the minority then. Felt it was too small and the enemies were bad. Hated they reused those Workers again. I feel the overall Castle area was disappointing. Could've had some fun with some rooms. I think DkS2 did a better job with Drangleic Castle. That place felt huge.

It has been a while since I've played Dark Souls 2 but isn't Drangleic Castle super small? I remember it being really small area especially compared to Grand Archives.

nOoblet16

An awful lot of areas in this game are either just small (Lothric Castle, Garden,
Anor Londo
, Profaned Capital, Untended Graves) or have the boss right near the entrance but with an path that circles around (like Smouldering Lake).

While some of the worst areas in the game with the most boring designs like; Catacombs, Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon & Road of sacrifices are the biggest area with lots of secrets.

I wish there were more areas like Boreal valley and Undead Settlement to explore, I liked Grand Archives because it was finally a big area after several small ones.

Lakitu

st5fu
An awful lot of areas in this game are either just small or have the boss right next to the entrance but with an optional path that circles around (like Smouldering Lake).

While some of the worst areas in the game like Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon are the biggest area with lots of secrets.

I wish there were more areas like Boreal valley and Undead Settlement to explore, I liked Grand Archives because it was finally a big area after several small ones.

Technically areas like
Anor Londo
and Profaned Capital are part of bigger areas like Irithyll and Dungeon.

Cyrano

I don't disagree. It was a beautiful area but yea, not much there and the boss was super disappointing. But it had
an awesome scene with Patches
which I missed so I checked YouTube.
The boss felt like it was placed wrongly. I don't actually dislike the boss, but I think that, in an area full of enemies, it wasn't really a payoff because it didn't juxtapose against anything. If the area was sparsely populated, a boss like that, a concentration of monsters like that, would have been really cool. Instead the boss was... weirdly expected?

LiK

The boss felt like it was placed wrongly. I don't actually dislike the boss, but I think that, in an area full of enemies, it wasn't really a payoff because it didn't juxtapose against anything. If the area was sparsely populated, a boss like that, a concentration of monsters like that, would have been really cool. Instead the boss was... weirdly expected?

Felt like
sorry, Aldrich is another castle
which actually happened, heh.

Meccs

I can not get a parry while invading. The lag seems also insane.
I have no issue holding my own when someone is invading me, I win some and I lose some but when I invade it's mostly gank squads or one guy that just spams R1 and me trying to parry but it never works and I get smashed due to no poise and extreme phantom range.

Holden

patches spoiler question i guess?
i sent patches to find greirat after finishing the game does he not come back? i need to buy some coins...

LiK

I can not get a parry while invading. The lag seems also insane.
I have no issue holding my own when someone is invading me, I win some and I lose some but when I invade it's mostly gank squads or one guy that just spams R1 and me trying to parry but it never works and I get smashed due to no poise and extreme phantom range.

Yea, parrying is a crap shoot online. Sometimes you don't even see getting hit in real time. Lag is pretty bad especially fighting gank squads where lag gets worse.

Dragonslayer Armor
with like 2 hits left and he shield bashes me off the edge.

FUCK.

He's the boss I've died against the most so far.

HeelPower

Throne
and then
quite something ahead

You missed something.

I think you missed something very important regarding to that fight.

Unless you
equipped that weapon and killed him in 5 hits.

Well aint that funny..I had to beat him the hard way.Guess I should be happy huh.

I actually tried hitting his hands but it wasn't efficient cuz you cant target them.

Then I had to switch out to ultragreat sword and patiently bait out a certain move he does when
I stand between his legs.When he lowered his head I hit it to get a visceral attack like very 3 hits.

The fight was soo long and wrestle with his size and the camera was a nightmare.He constantly blasts you away too gah.

Glad I know what to do in NG+.

Grassy

Unfortunately for me, this is the worst dark souls multiplayer yet. I can handle 2, but gank squads of 4-5 gankers? Constantly? Fucking disgusting.

Last 30 invasions have all been gank squads. Every. Fucking. One.

It is what it is. I like the challenge of facing a host and 2-3 phantoms versus myself and usually another Dark/Mad spirit. I've been invading all day and there's been a few occasions where I've been 1 v 4 and killed the host...

I don't think it should be made easier to invade someone's game and fuck up their progress.

pa22word

Some of the buildings looked like Undead Settlement. It could just be a background representation of other areas you eventually visit.

That area at the end looked a lot like drangleic castle. You can see the same arching substructures on a castle in the opening cutscene too:

capturej1u8u.png

Drangleic castle:

maxresdefault.jpg

I also wonder if that first area might be londor? Interesting stuff.

Cyrano

Felt like
sorry, Aldrich is another castle
which actually happened, heh.
Yeah, but that one had the problem of being massively compressed. The later areas in this game are still really well designed, but they do feel... not shorter, but yeah, compressed. Like all the weird stuff that gave flavor to areas in the past games was removed in favor of just creating really tightly designed spaces.

Dark Souls 3 is consistently the best designed game of any of the Souls series. But it also has the least amount of weirdness and I really miss that. Of course, DLC is still coming so... we'll see. DLC has certainly been a popular place to put what I would define as the Souls series' "crazy" stuff.

Joey Ravn

Banned
No, NG+ is incredibly easy.

Well, that's a relief :)

If you want to get the platinum and don't want to go into NG+, I can drop all of the rings for you (PS4) and thus you should be able to do clean up (assuming you still have a few of the boss souls for the pyromancies, sorceries and miracles entailed).

Don't worry, I like farming for this stuff myself. Besides, I'm on PC. I could have it even easier than trading if I want it... but I really like doing this stuff myself ;)

LiK

Yeah, but that one had the problem of being massively compressed. The later areas in this game are still really well designed, but they do feel... not shorter, but yeah, compressed. Like all the weird stuff that gave flavor to areas in the past games was removed in favor of just creating really tightly designed spaces.

Dark Souls 3 is consistently the best designed game of any of the Souls series. But it also has the least amount of weirdness and I really miss that. Of course, DLC is still coming so... we'll see. DLC has certainly been a popular place to put what I would define as the Souls series' "crazy" stuff.

Yea, looking forward to the DLC. Really excited for them to clarify or expand upon some lore like they have before. I still have questions about some things that were never answered.

Carl7

I don't understand how I haven't got the beckon gesture yet, fortunately i will need to got new game++ anyway.

I have all achievements but all gestures and link the first flame.

pa22word

Yea, looking forward to the DLC. Really excited for them to clarify or expand upon some lore like they have before. I still have questions about some things that were never answered.

I hope the DLC does something interesting. I remember beating the game and thinking, "...that's it?"

Don't get me wrong or anything as I greatly enjoyed the game, but the entire game felt like I was retreading old ground, and the best two areas of the game were the first* two.

*I count lothric as being one area in totality, even though 1/3rd of it is invisible wall'd off to you at the start.

Ken

huh, i invaded someone's game while they were in the
princes
boss battle but the game didn't kick me out. the boss killed them and i got the rewards lol.

spoilers

pa22word

princes
boss battle but the game didn't kick me out. the boss killed them and i got the rewards lol.

spoilers

I've seen this happen a lot as a mound maker. Seems to happen when host "skates" into a boss fight because of lag.

Also seen it as a sunbro. Host will lag into a fight, I never can join, and the invader and I are left looking like "the fuck?!" at each other.

Carl7

princes

spoilers

Where you in the middle of a riposte when the game summoned you? The same thing happened to me, but they were fighting the Nameless king.

Well aint that funny..I had to beat him the hard way.Guess I should be happy huh.

I actually tried hitting his hands but it wasn't efficient cuz you cant target them.

Then I had to switch out to ultragreat sword and patiently bait out a certain move he does when
I stand between his legs.When he lowered his head I hit it to get a visceral attack like very 3 hits.

The fight was soo long and wrestle with his size and the camera was a nightmare.He constantly blasts you away too gah.

Glad I know what to do in NG+.

Oh man. How long did the fight last?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So it's still unsafe to go online in the pc version? What's going on with that cheater infecting other people's games?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Quick question if someone doesn't mind, I have finished the game but haven't started NG+, as I am waiting for the DLC. Do you guys think, based on previous DS DLC, I will be able access the new content in my position now, or will it be integrated into an earlier part of the game?

I don't want to play any new content on NG+, as I want to be able to enjoy it.

pa22word

Quick question if someone doesn't mind, I have finished the game but haven't started NG+, as I am waiting for the DLC. Do you guys think, based on previous DS DLC, I will be able access the new content in my position now, or will it be integrated into an earlier part of the game?

I don't want to play any new content on NG+, as I want to be able to enjoy it.

Based on previous games you should be fine.

Ok, so I caved and bought a 12 month PS+ subscription. I finally want to play a Dark Souls game online. I've played them all offline in the past (including Bloodborne).

How often am I going to get invaded? That's the only thing I'm kind of worried about. I don't mind doing PvP, but I'd kind of like to save that for my second playthrough.

Is it like Dark Souls 1 where you're immune to invasions if you're undead?

pa22word

Levelling Moundmakers is a nightmare. Nobody summons you anywhere, in the world or at fight clubs.

Hm? Sure you aren't using a white sign soapstone instead of red? I did fight clubs for mound makers, and most people love MMers for fight clubs because they can take part and have no worry of them going after the host because they can battle it out and still score a shackle if they're good enough.

The best area I found for fight clubs was at the first high wall bonfire. Might plop down your RSS near the bonfire.

Made a mage last night to see if i still find magic in this game boring.... I do. But holy crap is that first boss even easier than when i did it as a herald. Must have killed it in 6 spells.

My biggest prob with making a different build is that i dont see how any other will be more or even just as fun as my main. Mains dex and faith. Fast weapon, bow plus some support spells. So many bosees and even enemies seem built around fast weapons i cant see the point.

Guess i will just do the odd bit of coop amd get the few items i havnt got yet when mood takes me and maybe i will get the dlc if it turns out to be good.

Ok, so I caved and bought a 12 month PS+ subscription. I finally want to play a Dark Souls game online. I've played them all offline in the past (including Bloodborne).

How often am I going to get invaded? That's the only thing I'm kind of worried about. I don't mind doing PvP, but I'd kind of like to save that for my second playthrough.

If you arnt embered you wont get invaded at all. Even while embered i think i only got invaded twice in my 30 hours of playin while soloing.

Auctopus

Hm? Sure you aren't using a red sign soapstone instead of white? I did fight clubs for mound makers, and most people love MMers for fight clubs because they can take part and have no worry of them going after the host because they can battle it out and still score a shackle if they're good enough.

Yeah, I've got summoned fine a couple times. It's just I've been summoned twice in about 20 minutes wait time. Which fight club would you recommend? Do I need to get to 120 to summon consistently?

We are only one month after release so theres usually the most activity now because a lot of "casuals" and "one time" players play it. Also most pvpers now have a better understanding of game mechanics etc. and some have made special pvp chars for lower levels. So expect to get invaded id say...

We are only one month after release so theres usually the most activity now because a lot of "casuals" and "one time" players play it. Also most pvpers now have a better understanding of game mechanics etc. and some have made special pvp chars for lower levels. So expect to get invaded id say...

Guess I'll just have to deal with it. No big deal. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom