• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there is definitely a more pronounced counter / stagger attack, it makes a thumping sound almost like shield parries used to in the other Dark Souls games. It's hard to say what triggers it, but I think it comes when an enemy is considered "off balance" - whether it's mid-attack or whether the guard has just been broken. Also managed to do it to a player one time, but I couldn't repeat it on command or anything.

okay i was confused after i got the hornet ring. i heard that sound multiple times randomly before and never knew what caused it.

Spent the entire night roaming around the Cathedral of the Deep. What a great area, this game has more depth both in level design and npc quests than the previous entries. Really enjoying it and I got a long way to go.

SkylineRKR

Spent the entire night roaming around the Cathedral of the Deep. What a great area, this game has more depth both in level design and npc quests than the previous entries. Really enjoying it and I got a long way to go.

Felt like a game on its own, it has lots of secrets and the shortcuts are rather brilliant, thus eliminating the need of bonfires everywhere. This is closest to classic souls.

Zeliard

And on a side note, The Dancer of the Boreal Valley is probably the most beautiful boss fight ever. Just an amazing enemy.

Thematically I really loved the (late game spoiler)
Oceirus boss fight. His constant anguished cries and longing for his child, even holding an invisible one in the first phase of the fight, and his enraged turn when he goes feral at the half-way point. Great music too.

Might be my favorite fight in the entire series, thematically.

Oceirus boss fight. His constant anguished cries and longing for his child, even holding an invisible one in the first phase of the fight, and his enraged turn when he goes feral at the half-way point. Great music too.

It's a fantastic boss fight, and very reminiscent of
Bloodborne.

I have killed so many NPCs in this game on accident good lord.

Gonna have a lot to do on my NG+ run because I've slaughtered a lot of innocents

LiK

I didn't like that boss, tbh. The room was a cluttered mess and he reminded me of a Bloodborne boss in his design and demeanor. Thankfully, he wasn't too hard.

Ferr986

I'm stuck on the G
rand Archives
and I'm to idiot to figure where to go

I'm basically past after the shortcut. There's a room with 4 ot 5 candleguys and some stairs that takes you out to the roofts, with some gargolyes and shit, but seems like it's only for loot. I can't see where to go to proceed.

KingKong

I've been watching streamers since I finished the game and it's crazy how many people are using greatswords. They're not even OP this time! and so much less fun than pretty much any other weapon except for magic. old habits die hard I guess

I'm stuck on the G
rand Archives

I'm basically past after the shortcut. There's a room with 4 ot 5 candleguys and some stairs that takes you out to the roofts, with some gargolyes and shit, but seems like it's only for loot. I can't see where to go to proceed.
Up the roof

myco666

How is that a surprise?

You also loose key items.

Because Bath Messengers in Bloodborne don't reset. Having to go through all the game again until I can buy all materials etc. again is bullshit when I don't have any other use for souls. Key items sure since you could do stupid skips if you got those.

Citadel

At work, and won't be able to play for another ... 8 hours. And I just got to the C
athedral of the Deep
, too.

NPC question: I had summoned
Eygon of Carim
for the C
rystal
S
fight, and just as I landed the killing blow, I got a prompt telling me that my NPC ally had also died. Does this mean that he will no longer be alive/available for future bosses?

I was told to use firebombs on the transforming zombies in the first area. I cannot one shot them with a firebomb... is there a stat that will raise firebomb damage?

Beat the
Pontiff
! He was absolutely impossible yesterday but today I was dodging all his attacks and getting to his second phase most of the time. Dark Souls is funny like that, how taking a break can be the most beneficial strategy of all. Still, definitely one of the harder bosses in these games, your dodging has to be on point the whole time, especially the second phase.

Brohan

So it says that patch 1.04 should have went live yesterday for Europe aswell but i have not been able to download it at all.

If i do check for update on the ps4 it says that it has the most recent patch installed but this is simply not true because i'm still running app version 1.03.

Does Anyone else have this problem?

Ending question:

Is there an easy way to back-up your save on PC to get the two basic endings? I already messed up the Yuria quest in this first playthrough so I know I can't get that third ending without New Game Plus.

I was told to use firebombs on the transforming zombies in the first area. I cannot one shot them with a firebomb... is there a stat that will raise firebomb damage?
Are you referring to the enemies who
transform like the first boss
? If so, the easiest way to deal with them is to
kill them before they transform.

I don't believe there is a stat to raise item damage.

Ending question:

Is there an easy way to back-up your save on PC to get the two basic endings? I already messed up the Yuria quest in this first playthrough so I know I can't get that third ending without New Game Plus.
Yes, your save file is located in the %appdata%/Roaming/DarkSoulsIII/<Steam id>/ folder

E92 M3

So it says that patch 1.04 should have went live yesterday for Europe aswell but i have not been able to download it at all.

If i do check for update on the ps4 it says that it has the most recent patch installed but this is simply not true because i'm still running app version 1.03.

My xbox version says 1.03 too - it's very weird.

MilkBeard

Man I had the craziest laggiest match ever. The boss and host were literally sliding and me and the other phantom were whamming on him without ever getting hurt or anything. Then at the end after killing him he finally attacks us even though he's already dead.

lol. I had something like that yesterday too. The boss never attacked, it just stood there, but then teleported around like normal (it was
Aldrich
). And the sliding around looks hilarious.

Shmuppers

I'm stuck on the G
rand Archives

As long as you're walking up staircases, you're going the right way. Look for the nearest set of stairs.

MilkBeard

The patch is still 1.03 technically. You have to log online to get it. I heard people talking about it, but never got it. I didn't have ps plus. So I bought it to play multiplayer and logged online, then I finally got the patch. It doesn't download through the OS, but through the game while signing in.

Brohan

My xbox version says 1.03 too - it's very weird.

Yeah it's so weird. Even in the menu screen of dark souls it says: Regulation version 1.04 but App version 1.03. Which means that the game has not been updated to the latest version yet. So is it because the update has not yet been released in the EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom