• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that level I would go to
Archdragon Peak
, you're probably too high for most places.

Haven't got there yet but yeah that's probably the best bet, i'm going to head there now. I'm getting nothing at
smoldering lake

Pain in the arse this covenant, i wouldn't bother normally but the rewards would be great for this faith character.

Dimmle

I need to give up on this thread until I beat DS3. I feel like I'm walking a very loose tightrope across Spoiler Gorge.

E92 M3

Yeah it's so weird. Even in the menu screen of dark souls it says: Regulation version 1.04 but App version 1.03. Which means that the game has not been updated to the latest version yet. So is it because the update has not yet been released in the EU?

I'm in the US and can still play online too lol

Brohan

The patch is still 1.03 technically. You have to log online to get it. I heard people talking about it, but never got it. I didn't have ps plus. So I bought it to play multiplayer and logged online, then I finally got the patch. It doesn't download through the OS, but through the game while signing in.

I have been playing online so this confuses me.

I'm in the US and can still play online too lol

Yup me too, but my Claymore still has the same dmg which is another indicator that my game is running the old version.

Shmuppers

Good ol' Souls tradition. The final boss is always boring.

I thought he was cool. The one attack where
he does sick flaming air combos on you was pretty cool
. And he has cool phases. The design itself is a little bland for sure, especially
since we've been looking at it all this time in the promotional material
:p

Still think I should have kept going with the deep battle axe, but I've gotten use to the Wolf Knight's Greatsword. I just wish it's stuns were a little longer. It doesn't hold stuff in place to combo them well. Another big thing is it's R2 stance move is great for knocking away shields, or would be if it gave you any time to use that new opening. A lot of enemies have their shields up again before I get out of recovery from using the skill. It's R1 stance move is kinda shit since it has a very short range and long charge up.

Don't even know how it will be in pvp since I haven't been summoned for any since I got it. I doubt any good though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
N
ameless King is the real final boss for me.

pa22word

Nah, BB, DS1 and Demon Souls had great final bosses. I think this one just lacked the personality and lore of the other games.

BB is the only game you listed with a better final boss than this game. Demon's in particular was pretty much a complete joke to everyone that played it >.>

Caja 117

I'm liking this game very much, and I can say that this is the first Souls game I have help others in coop, before I never did that. I'm stil rocking a uchigatana (sharp, +4) and I'm doing a lot of dex with some int in my Pyro build.

sora87

Yes, I didn't count Bloodborne. Altho the true ending final boss was pretty boring compared to
Gherman

No waaaay,
Gherman
was awesome but
Moon Presence
was really cool.
Ebrietas
still the best boss in that game though.

BB is the only game you listed with a better final boss than this game. Demon's in particular was pretty much a complete joke to everyone that played it >.>

I mean, perhaps in difficulty?

But King Allant and Gwyn were much better then the empty shell of the boss in DS3.

LiK

Nah, BB, DS1 and Demon Souls had great final bosses. I think this one just lacked the personality and lore of the other games.

True final bosses?

BB
Pale Moon
was easy even with that gimmick.
Demon's
True King Allant
was a joke boss
Dark 1
Gwyn
sadly I parried him to death so he wasn't a challenge for me.

But I know who you guys are referring to and I agree.

True final bosses?

BB
Pale Moon
was easy even with that gimmick.
Demon's
True King Allant
was a joke boss
Dark 1
Gwyn
sadly I parried him to death so he wasn't a challenge for me.

But I know who you guys are referring to and I agree.

Yea, I don't mean true final bosses in True King Allant and Moon Presence and the like. Those I didn't really care for.

Can someone link that gif from earlier of the sunbro running from the mimic in the corridor?
You mean this?
ClaRphU.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished my second run. Think I may be done for a while. Not sure if I'll return to PS4 for the platinum grind, seems like a lot of work.

Think I'm going to watch some speedruns and keep following ENB's let's play. The last episode was pretty good, he got a kick out of
onion bro. He seemed pretty down on all the fan service everywhere, but at least he loved that.

Ferr986

Fucking Sirris

I finish her questline. He promises me she will always be loyal to me.
So thinking everything is done, I use Rosalia for a respec. And then friggin Sirris says me we are enemies. Well, fuck you too, Sirris.

Demoskinos

Can anyone help me find Sie
gward of Catarina's cell? I found Yorm's fog door but I have no clue where the cell is at been running around here and I just see Gargoyles and these jailer ladies in the white dresses.

If we are talking about final bosses in souls series then DS1's
Gwyn
and BB's
Gehrman
were great.

Gwyn
was easy if you used parry but still parrying him needed skill and it was pretty intense since messing up would have meant losing a lot of health.

The final boss in DS3 is just boring. The fight doesn't have any build up to it, the stage isn't that memorable (IMO) and the actual fighting is quite easy. Even when
he gets up for the second time you still have plenty of Estus Flasks so beating him for second time is easy as well.

Arjen

Finished my second run. Think I may be done for a while. Not sure if I'll return to PS4 for the platinum grind, seems like a lot of work.

Think I'm going to watch some speedruns and keep following ENB's let's play. The last episode was pretty good, he got a kick out of
onion bro. He seemed pretty down on all the fan service everywhere, but at least he loved that.

I usually love his videos, but he's playing sooo damn slow this time, it's getting boring.

The last two bosses were REALLY GOOD, I have to say.
Teleporting sweeping sword slashes and fire combo fun times.

On my second attempt to beat the final boss, I summoned two phantoms and we ALL got caught in the 5 hit combo explosion. We all died. It was fun.

eot

Banned
Haven't finished the game, but regarding final bosses I think Dark Souls had the best one. Maybe not mechanically, but in terms of presentation and mood. BB was good too, but it was less evokative, maybe because the whole game resonated less with me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

I haven't done a lot of pvp in this game, so sorry if this is a dumb question, but how come none of those 4 are phantoms? How come they all have the normal look?

I usually love his videos, but he's playing sooo damn slow this time, it's getting boring.

Yeah I'll give you that. There was one episode that was almost entirely set in firelink shrine. But I'll keep watching, because he immediately draws parallels with DkS and connects dots to lore from that game (a lot of which I forgot about).

Arjen

Can anyone help me find Sie
gward of Catarina's cell? I found Yorm's fog door but I have no clue where the cell is at been running around here and I just see Gargoyles and these jailer ladies in the white dresses.

from the profane Capitol bonfire, go trough tower next to it, down in the toxic swamp, cross it, head up to the roof and jump trough the window in the next window

MilkBeard

I have been playing online so this confuses me.

Yup me too, but my Claymore still has the same dmg which is another indicator that my game is running the old version.

Not sure what system you are using. But when you first boot up DS3, it will say 1.03. Then when you select 'log in,' a prompt will appear with notes about the revision. After selecting, it will be 1.03 revision 1.04. It doesn't stay as revision 1.04 when you restart the game.

I spent most of my game unembered, so I went back to fight all the NPC invasions I missed but none will spawn anymore. Is this because I beat the bosses in the areas? Do I have to redo them in NG+?

I spent most of my game unembered, so I went back to fight all the NPC invasions I missed but none will spawn anymore. Is this because I beat the bosses in the areas? Do I have to redo them in NG+?

Yes. Once you beat the boss of an area, you will no longer be invaded normally. I think Aldritch Faithful might still work, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom