• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
qmNJkNh.jpg

Love how my current equip looks. Endgame spoiler tho

Grisby

By far the toughest fight for me has been C
hampion Gundy round 2
. Christ. Beat him but it took a good 20 or so minutes.

He just hits so hard and it took me a bit to read his attacks.

Ogawa-san

I spent most of my game unembered, so I went back to fight all the NPC invasions I missed but none will spawn anymore. Is this because I beat the bosses in the areas? Do I have to redo them in NG+?
Same thing... I went embered for a quest and realized the kind of drops I missed out by not having NPC invasions, it's pretty lame. I wish it was like DS2, they'd invade you hollowed or not.

Is the
Storm Ruler
worth upgrading? Seems like a pretty light great sword (which is great for me)
I'd say no just for the 10 durability alone.

Quick question

So I beat a mob boss in
the church with the two giants. I go up a lift and head down some stairs and see the Onion Knight. I start to walk across then he flips a switch, takes off his helmet, blah blah blah, thinks he killed me, but Giants were already dead blah blah blah.

My question is, where is the switch to raise that particular gate? I see two other switches that raise two other gates, but not a third.

I'm kinda miffed that curved greatswords don't really shine as sharp, but I beat the game using warden twinblades, then manikin claws, paintingguardian sword, and ricard's rapier. Absolutely wrecking most invaders, though, even with next to ZERO range with painting guardian sword.

KHlover

Banned
Is the
Firelink Greatsword
worth using in NG+ once upgraded? Because holy shit it just melted every enemy even unupgraded in NG I tried it on so far.

MicSte79

Neo Member
I can see this being my GOTY and it's only April.

Same thing happened last year with Bloodborne.

No other games get me addicted like the Souls ones. What is it about them? I just can't put my finger on it.

Zeliard

I haven't done a lot of pvp in this game, so sorry if this is a dumb question, but how come none of those 4 are phantoms? How come they all have the normal look?

They're using the
Untrue Dark
Ring. It removes your phantom glow and makes you appear to be the host, complete with "Host of Embers" title.

It's particularly fun for MM covenant shenanigans, along with other rings like the
Obscuring
Ring (you're almost invisible past 25 or so feet) and the
Untrue White
Ring (you appear as a white phantom).

Tecnniqe

Banned
They're using the
Untrue Dark
Ring. It removes your phantom glow and makes you appear to be the host, complete with "Host of Embers" title.

It's particularly fun for MM covenant shenanigans, along with other rings like the
Obscuring
Untrue White
Oh man I had no idea they affected multiplayer like this!
Hahaha no wonder I had a invader run around like crazy avoiding me
are there any weapons that scale to S in STR or DEX or is A the highest?
Fume ultra greatsword should scale to S once fully upgraded
Str that is.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
They're using the
Untrue Dark

Obscuring
Untrue White

Ooh of course I forgot about all those rings, thanks.

Felt like a game on its own, it has lots of secrets and the shortcuts are rather brilliant, thus eliminating the need of bonfires everywhere. This is closest to classic souls.

You got that right. Whats everyone doing with the Hollowing? I have ignored it and think maybe I should go for the 5 free levels

myheaduphigh

Neo Member
Hey, SoulsGAF. Looking for a little bit of advice. I'm running a dex character and have been using the standard rapier since I picked it up in the beginning. I'm currently on my way to fight the D
eacons
and I'm wondering what weapons are out there that would be good to try? Dex weapons obviously, I like fast weapons, too. But I'm just not familiar with all of the weapons in DS3 so far. What do you all suggest I try to pick up and use? What's looking strong?

Brohan

What level are you supposed to be for
smouldering lake
? Cause i Just found this area as a level 45 and while i did not have Any problems with
catacombs
, this place Just seems to be deathwish.

Ferr986

very late end spoilers
went to the dark Firelink Shrine and got a pair of Firekeeper eyes.

I gave them to the firekeeper, music changed and now she gives me a choice... Did fucked any ending?

You've passed the 50 % mark of the game.

I just cleared that and playtime is 28 hours. I have a ways to go...

Hey, SoulsGAF. Looking for a little bit of advice. I'm running a dex character and have been using the standard rapier since I picked it up in the beginning. I'm currently on my way to fight the D
eacons
and I'm wondering what weapons are out there that would be good to try? Dex weapons obviously, I like fast weapons, too. But I'm just not familiar with all of the weapons in DS3 so far. What do you all suggest I try to pick up and use? What's looking strong?

For that fight, I recommend using the Great Scythe. One handed R2 is very useful.

sora87

Lorian
is just a massive annoying twat, everyone's dying so fast. Also I never want to see this cut scene again

K' Dash

What level are you supposed to be for
smouldering lake
? Cause i Just found this area as a level 45 and while i did not have Any problems with
catacombs
, this place Just seems to be deathwish.

it is not as bad as it seems, you're over leveled for it anyway.

myheaduphigh

Neo Member
For that fight, I recommend using the Great Scythe. One handed R2 is very useful.

Cool, I'll definitely give it a try. Any suggestion for a full time replacement to the rapier? I just feel like its not a weapon that will carry me all the way through. (I guess any weapon could, but you get it)

very late end spoilers
went to the dark Firelink Shrine and got a pair of Firekeeper eyes.

I gave them to the firekeeper, music changed and now she gives me a choice... Did fucked any ending?

No, you've just unlocked the ability to get a second ending.
if you answer her question it puts you on the extinguish the flame quest path,

Cool, I'll definitely give it a try. Any suggestion for a full time replacement to the rapier? I just feel like its not a weapon that will carry me all the way through. (I guess any weapon could, but you get it)

Estoc, very similar but its R2 is good for crowds.
Uchigatana, good speed and bleed
Maybe try curved swords?
And I haven't used them but
Warden
Twinblades are supposed to be good.

I currently use the Uchi, with Great Scythe as backup. But I have been playing around with the Estoc recently. I haven't discovered anything else that is better than the Uchi (i my opinion) right now.

Ferr986

No, you've just unlocked the ability to get a second ending.
if you answer her question it puts you on the extinguish the flame quest path,

Well I said
no ftw I should know about it. I still have one boss to beat so I guess I can change my mind?

Oh man! As expected, I'm head over heals in love with the latest Souls game!
So well made, and such a love letter to the whole series and its sibling games!

I made some new designs dedicated to its greatness!
What do you guys think?
Cheers! :)

Omg, these are so amazing. I'd pay good money for the first one on a t-shirt. Also, I'd love an avatar version of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom